Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#313920 Aug 13, 2014
Well Yanks lose once again and this was all on the BP.... Why isn't it not surprising they found a way to lose this game..... Betances and Kelly alone gave up more hits and runs combined than Pineda.... Good to see hin back and he had a solid 5 innings....

Offense, well it was the usualle score early and never late.... Putting extra.pressure on the SPs and BP...... They had chances especially in the top of the 9th with 2 on, 1 out down by 3.... Typical NYY fashion groundouts and RISP 1-6 leaving 4 out to dry.....

Games are running out and like don't be shocked if that fat lady comes to sing the NYY a song.... Can't lose games like this and expect to get somewhere... Hop they prove me wrong, but I think they are a .500 team.....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#313921 Aug 13, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
Well Yanks lose once again and this was all on the BP.... Why isn't it not surprising they found a way to lose this game..... Betances and Kelly alone gave up more hits and runs combined than Pineda.... Good to see hin back and he had a solid 5 innings....
Offense, well it was the usualle score early and never late.... Putting extra.pressure on the SPs and BP...... They had chances especially in the top of the 9th with 2 on, 1 out down by 3.... Typical NYY fashion groundouts and RISP 1-6 leaving 4 out to dry.....
Games are running out and like don't be shocked if that fat lady comes to sing the NYY a song.... Can't lose games like this and expect to get somewhere... Hop they prove me wrong, but I think they are a .500 team.....

Pineda looked good. No way Joe keeps Betances in for 2 plus innings. That was so wrong. He is not a long guy. Now he is shot till saturday. Bats suck as normal.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313922 Aug 13, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:

Games are running out and like don't be shocked if that fat lady comes to sing the NYY a song.... Can't lose games like this and expect to get somewhere... Hope they prove me wrong, but I think they are a .500 team.....
Who's brilliant idea was it to send out Betances for a 3rd IN? To me, this loss is squarely on Peņa & Rothschild (unless Girardi was in the tunnel giving direction)...

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#313923 Aug 13, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Pineda looked good. No way Joe keeps Betances in for 2 plus innings. That was so wrong. He is not a long guy. Now he is shot till saturday. Bats suck as normal.
Suns setting earlier each day and the Yanks are 3 games out of the WC......good grief.......

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#313924 Aug 13, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's brilliant idea was it to send out Betances for a 3rd IN? To me, this loss is squarely on Peņa & Rothschild (unless Girardi was in the tunnel giving direction)...
Maybe DW made the call....lol....but man it was a bad idea

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#313925 Aug 13, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
I was stunned to see him in past 2 innings. He should have never seen the 8th. This is on joe.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#313926 Aug 13, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe DW made the call....lol....but man it was a bad idea
Good post.lol.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#313927 Aug 13, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Suns setting earlier each day and the Yanks are 3 games out of the WC......good grief.......

One positive. Pineda looked good.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313930 Aug 13, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I was stunned to see him in past 2 innings. He should have never seen the 8th. This is on joe.
Girardi?...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313932 Aug 13, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah lets talk about the last 40 years not when George Washington was alive 80 years ago........lol

Again the "shift" is boring baseball....tough enough as it trying to hit any kind of pitching....one of the toughest things to do in sports.......last thing baseball needs is extra defender to play against dead pull hitting.......
Only "boring baseball" when hitters don't take advantage of open space. What the shift has done is dumb down hitters where they actually believe they can beat the shift...

Ain't happenin'...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313933 Aug 13, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
One positive. Pineda looked good.
Encouraging. Let's see where is health is over the next 4-5 starts...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313936 Aug 13, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Oh boy bunting down the 3B line to beat the shift......what excitement.....yeah I wanna pay $100 pr more to see plenty of that when I go to a baseball game.....oh boy

Don't bank on it....shift will get old to many........
Didn't post anything about bunting. Take a pitch the other way. That beats a shift & more managers will think less to use them...

BTW, fans paying a CNote would get off on someone like Ortiz trying to beat out a bunt with the shift. That's if he doesn't drop flat on his face due to cardiac arrest after reaching 1B...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313937 Aug 13, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah sure I bet Hal enjoys paying Tex 23M a year to bunt down the 3B line....over and over that's exciting baseball........forget the HR's or gap shots right?.......
Isn't working for Teixiera hitting into the shift. For $23 million, Hal would be happy to get all the hits he can get the way NYY is hitting this season...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313939 Aug 13, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>That's why I say eliminate the shift....must have no more or less than 2 defenders at each side of 2B at all times......then someone like Tex can hit the way he normally does......bet Hal would be happy with his vote on this.......and many other owners as well........
No owner will vote to eliminate. Shift has been part of baseball for almost 100 years. Teach hitters to hit where the ball is pitched instead of driving the ball every time...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313943 Aug 13, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Easier said than done......most hitters love to pull and they have BP in doing so......I love seeing more Jeters out there hitting the other way or using the whole park like Tex and Giambi use to do before donning on pinstripes.....but the shift has to go....to me its softball rules with the extra defender....and its boring baseball period......I wanna see infielders dive for a baseball....OF to come way in to possibly make a great catch......reduced greatly due to having a 2B playing mid RF.......boring baseball......
Boring baseball when hitters think they can beat the shift. Nothing wrong with challenging hitters. Hit where it's pitched. Was done for many years that way & no shifts were used...

NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313945 Aug 13, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Shift has been dead for many years until Maddon reintroduced it.......
Shift wasn't used as often because hitters took pitches the other way. Reason the shift became used more ofter was due to advanced metrics like hit location. Doesn't take much to figure out what hitters pull the ball & defend accordingly...

Hitters want to think they can beat the shift only lose in the end. That becomes boring baseball...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313946 Aug 13, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Don't bet on it....owners pay big time money and so do fans to see their star hitters to blast HR or hit gap shots not to bunt down the 3B line........or hit Baltimore chops the opposite way all the time.......
Won't happen. Won't be considered to be discussed...

Power baseball is boring. Fans want to see action on the base paths & balls hit in the gaps...
UN Must Go

Brooklyn, NY

#313949 Aug 13, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Not over yet, no quiting for the Yanks.....agree Drew is a bum however

Methinks the fat lady is clearing her throat, and about to belt out an aria, and Drew is still a bum.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#313950 Aug 14, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Girardi?...
the manager. Joe. Its up to him to take out or leave in a pitcher...he can be told what the other coaches think, but its his call..

betances stretched out has not worked well...for 1 to 1.2 innings he is effective. IMO, for that 1 inning, lights out..push it, 1 more out...

why go even more then 2...not to mention, even thought thursday a travel day...with 1 inning, or one plus he can be used for 1 on friday for sure...now, expect at some point, robertson for more then 1 and sometimes that is sketchy.

I thought its always on the manager for final calls, not a coach..although they should take blame for saying keep him in, joe has to have that sense its going overboard.

look at who has been lit up recently..kelly, warren, etc...

over use is coming back to haunt them...and dead bats..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#313951 Aug 14, 2014
UN Must Go wrote:
<quoted text>
Methinks the fat lady is clearing her throat, and about to belt out an aria, and Drew is still a bum.
he batted 111 in the series....now around 170 or so....the spring training excuse wont fly too much

safe to say, he has just cemented his next year free agency as one of the last to go and for nothing if the other team is smart..he is nothing more then a bench player.

a bum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 min John-K 316,236
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 40 min Bloody Bill Anderson 4,766
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr jimi-yank 45,641
jets talk back (Dec '07) 2 hr jimi-yank 14,082
Need a loan? $100 bonus for you! 3 hr SocialFinance 1
Trump says stupid stuff 3 hr American people 1
should we do away with the american flag 3 hr Pope Papa 2

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages