Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#312985 Jul 27, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares, George has been dead how long now?

It's Torre's day he can talk about whoever he wants to.
Torre could've been more gracious towards George...

Four years isn't exactly an eternity...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#312987 Jul 27, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Since when is 35 too old? Willingham's is a FA at the end of the year.......been a good hitter since his wrist injury.......wouldn't have to give up allot for him either.....why not? Yanks need a RH power bat in the OF since the departure of Soriano.......
This makes more sense if he waives the no-trade to NYY...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/alex-rios
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#312991 Jul 27, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>The clip below your link shows Willingham's OBP is .357 since his return......how is that an automatic out?......that's what I'm talking about......he's gonna cost nothing in return if the Yanks go that way.....besides target field is more of a pitchers park compared to the stadium..........
NYY need a bat that produces runs, not walks. Willingham's line of 10/29/.215 isn't what NYY needs...

His RISP BA is solid (.289), but he's regressing offensively as the season plays on...

He hits mostly to the left side & @ YS, those are outs. BTW, he's hitting .222 away from Target this season...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#312993 Jul 27, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Career wise Rios does have a better BA than Willingham.......280 to .254.....but Willingham averages 28 HR 91 RBI.....to Rios 17 HR 78 RBI.....so either is better than what the Yanks have.....not saying stop at Willingham.....just an option.....Matt Kemp is who I would like to see the Yanks land.....Dodgers say now he's off the table....too bad......although Kemp does have a steep deal that runs until 2019.......nothing though the Yanks couldn't afford and he's only 30.......
Willingham's offensive #'s have been in steep decline over the last season & a half. Not worth it...

If NYY wasn't tied into Beltran for 2 more seasons after this season, then Kemp would make sense as long as the contract is insured & LAD pays the majority of the balance owed. Don't see NYY wanting yet another player with a history of injuries. They're playing almost $50 million per season for 2 currently (Sabathia & Teixeira)...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#312994 Jul 27, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah well maybe he hits for better BA as a Yankee.....stranger things have happened....not a bad choice for giving up practically nothing for him and certainly better than Soriano.....no?.....guy was lunging at pitches well outta the strike zone.......man you would argue with God.......take some chances once in while man.......
Don't know what MIN wants in return...

Willingham isn't what NYY needs. Can't take chances with the post season @ stake...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#312997 Jul 28, 2014
Uh Oh Looks like Lester for Joc is in motion...that kid has a tool cabinet Lester will love having him behind him next season in Fenway

Latest On Jon Lester
By Charlie Wilmoth [July 27, 2014 at 5:48pm CDT]
Here’s the latest on Jon Lester and the Red Sox:

Lester says he would not be inclined to consider a contract extension if a team traded for him, WEEI.com ’s Alex Speier writes.“[M]y ultimate goal would be to come back here. That would be, like I said the other day, I know that’s hard to do,” Lester says.“Money doesn’t buy you happiness.”

The Red Sox want a “huge” return if they’re going to trade Lester, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets.
The Dodgers have a good group of outfielders with which to do a Lester trade, including Joc Pederson and Matt Kemp, Jon Heyman of CBS Sports writes.(A recent report from Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston indicated the Dodgers and Red Sox were considering a Lester/Kemp deal.)
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#312998 Jul 28, 2014
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
Uh Oh Looks like Lester for Joc is in motion...that kid has a tool cabinet Lester will love having him behind him next season in Fenway

Latest On Jon Lester

Lester says he would not be inclined to consider a contract extension if a team traded for him, WEEI.com ’s Alex Speier writes.“[M]y ultimate goal would be to come back here. That would be, like I said the other day, I know that’s hard to do,” Lester says.“Money doesn’t buy you happiness.”

The Red Sox want a “huge” return if they’re going to trade Lester, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets.
The Dodgers have a good group of outfielders with which to do a Lester trade, including Joc Pederson and Matt Kemp, Jon Heyman of CBS Sports writes.(A recent report from Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston indicated the Dodgers and Red Sox were considering a Lester/Kemp deal.)
Not a chance LAD is moving Pederson for what is mostly likely to be a rental. Kemp to BOS has more legs unless SEA puts Walker in a deal...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#312999 Jul 28, 2014
Lester could be moved in the next 48 hours...

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#313000 Jul 28, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
Him and Tulo both will get moved. Doubtful Lester makes his start this week rigth before the deadline. Its almost a done deal with Tulo going to the BIG CITI for Syndergaard. Thats the big buzz today in the office. My assistent is going crazy and wants the rest of the day off now

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#313001 Jul 28, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:

I hope its for kemp and that big contract....not to mention he then plays center...so much for bradley, and he goes to a defensive replacement, what he really is...

If they deal Lester, proof waving the white flag on the season...
the Don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#313002 Jul 28, 2014
Latest On Jon Lester
Looks like a return of crawford will be returning to the Red Sox...
the Don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#313003 Jul 28, 2014
TMAN_Mets wrote:
<quoted text>Him and Tulo both will get moved. Doubtful Lester makes his start this week rigth before the deadline. Its almost a done deal with Tulo going to the BIG CITI for Syndergaard. Thats the big buzz today in the office. My assistent is going crazy and wants the rest of the day off now
With such a stupid post you and him should get tthe rest of the week off...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313004 Jul 28, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope its for kemp and that big contract....not to mention he then plays center...so much for bradley, and he goes to a defensive replacement, what he really is...

LAD has to eat the some or the majority of Kemp's remaining money. My guess is his contract isn't insured making him more difficult to move. Pederson isn't being moved...

Being 10.5 games out with under 60 to play is enough to call it a season for BOS...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313005 Jul 28, 2014
the Don wrote:
<quoted text> Looks like a return of crawford will be returning to the Red Sox...
Not a chance...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#313006 Jul 28, 2014
TMAN_Mets wrote:
<quoted text>Him and Tulo both will get moved. Doubtful Lester makes his start this week rigth before the deadline. Its almost a done deal with Tulo going to the BIG CITI for Syndergaard. Thats the big buzz today in the office. My assistent is going crazy and wants the rest of the day off now

Lori is the assistant now? Even your buddy dw does not even reply back to the phony profile and your insane claims.

The office when you are not crying to topix as proven in your tman/momma forum is the basement. I hope you found some more on line scams....gotta be tough when you cannot even get a 3 day weekend for a vacation.

The mets will not sniff Tulo as we went over the money issue last year when I was once again proven correct when the mets would not spend 100 mil in salary.

Not going to happen, fatty 8 chins, aka gap tooth. Say, when do you give me the hat info??

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#313007 Jul 28, 2014
Ruh roh.....big doings this week in Paranoia Nation (Stephen Drew).

•The Red Sox are facing a 40-man roster crunch with several notable prospects in the offseason, and Cafardo wonders if the club could package some of these youngsters in a trade rather than risk losing them in the Rule 5 draft.
the Don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#313008 Jul 28, 2014
Hey anybody notice the Yankees have $159m committed for 2016 and the Sox have $13m committed for the same year?
There goes the checkbook crowbar
Imagine a team overpayed vets struggling with injury, no farm, no youth moving up known for its one true strength being able to out bid every team up against their rival who can spend $146m just to break even with you and still be under cap????
LMAO talk about chess moves the Sox are going for total check mate...
Enjoy the new one and done Yankees thats their outlook for a decade
More of ya BS and lies "Sox have $13m committed for 2016" so are you saying Pedroid gets traded in 2015 and they have no intention of signing Lester LMFAO you really are a dope..

Washington, DC

#313009 Jul 28, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought your buddy said no way Lester is traded?

ed Sox Notes: Lester, Dodgers, Miller

By Mark Polishuk [July 28, 2014 at 10:25am CDT]

“There’s a growing expectation from rival execs that Jon Lester is going to be traded before [the July] deadline,” ESPN’s Buster Olney reports (Twitter link), and the Dodgers are seen as the likeliest candidate to add the Red Sox left-hander. Los Angeles has shown interest in Lester, though there were conflicting reports yesterday about whether the two sides had actually seriously discussed a trade.

Here’s some more news surrounding the defending World Series champs…
•The Royals, Dodgers and Nationals are the latest known suitors for reliever Andrew Miller, according to ESPN Boston’s Gordon Edes and Peter Gammons of GammonsDaily.com .(Edes reported the Royals’ interest while Gammons reported on the two NL teams.) Boston is known to be shopping Miller, with the Braves and Pirates also amongst the clubs checking in on the lefty. Miller has posted an outstanding 2.45 ERA, 14.5 K/9 and 5.0 K/BB ratio over 40 1/3 relief innings for the Sox this season.
•Also from Gammons, several other teams were interested in Edwin Escobar and Heath Hembree, the two ex-Giants prospects obtained by the Red Sox in the Jake Peavy trade. Two different rival executives told Gammons they tried to get Hembree as a future set-up man, while Escobar’s stock was higher before he began his tough season at Triple-A.
•In a piece full of notes and observations about the Red Sox, Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe is baffled that Lester and the Sox seemed so mutually interested in a contract extension yet now Lester could be a trade candidate.“Why the Sox seem almost eager to chase away one of their cornerstone players is a mystery,” Abraham writes, predicting that if Lester hits the open market, he’ll sign elsewhere since another teams will spend big for the southpaw.
•Also from Abraham, he opines that the Red Sox should extend Miller rather than trade him, stay away from Matt Kemp in any trade talks with the Dodgers and release struggling reliever Edward Mujica.

Washington, DC

#313010 Jul 28, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
LAD has to eat the some or the majority of Kemp's remaining money. My guess is his contract isn't insured making him more difficult to move. Pederson isn't being moved...
Being 10.5 games out with under 60 to play is enough to call it a season for BOS...
If the Sox farm is so good why do they need to trade palyers for prospects???
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313011 Jul 28, 2014
the Don wrote:
<quoted text> More of ya BS and lies "Sox have $13m committed for 2016" so are you saying Pedroid gets traded in 2015 and they have no intention of signing Lester LMFAO you really are a dope..
Technically, the poster from down under is correct. Pedroia is the only player currently on the 25 that has guaranteed money for a full season. Buchholz has a 245K buyout in 2016. What's left out is the 5 arb eligible players that will cost...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 7 min De Oppresso Liber 6,693
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 25 min jimi-yank 46,412
Need Help With College Expenses 1 hr Nikki 12
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SWEET FARTS 64,463
News The Police to play final show in NYC (May '08) 2 hr FU baldie 27
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr cpeter1313 330,511
Word Association (Jul '10) 3 hr So_da_lish_us 7,715

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages