Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Warwick, RI

#309101 Apr 20, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Had to be nuno. Lefty has shown he can give 5 or 6 quality innings. He pitched better then nova. Guy is crafty.
Damn good by Nuno.... Couldn't have ask for a better outing considering what happened yesterday..... Very taxing series especially for the pitchers...... 2/2 spilt....

Beltran, Soriano, Tex and Gardner all with 2 hits..... Felt good for Tex in his first game back and Jeter with yet another hit for his last season..... Sorry about your Rangers today.....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Warwick, RI

#309102 Apr 20, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it was great outings by Kelly and Claibourne......Nuno was outstanding!!!!!!!Anna a good eye that gave the Yanks a 2-1 lead in the 12th.......Beltran clutch base hit up the middle......I'll take the split at the Trop......
Anna scared me to death with that bases loaded situation lol.... Good eye and discipline from him and we took it over after that.....

We may need to make a trade liked you said though, but we shall see what we are working with...... A day off and it's off the Beantown with Tanaka on the mound in game 1....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#309103 Apr 20, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Damn good by Nuno.... Couldn't have ask for a better outing considering what happened yesterday..... Very taxing series especially for the pitchers...... 2/2 spilt....
Beltran, Soriano, Tex and Gardner all with 2 hits..... Felt good for Tex in his first game back and Jeter with yet another hit for his last season..... Sorry about your Rangers today.....
great outing by the pen...nuno was huge..teix came back hitting...great game

2-2 split on the road is good...

on to boston...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#309104 Apr 20, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Yup.....gotta go with a 2nd lefty in the rotation if the results are what Nuno did today.......very impressive against a good hitting Rays team at the Trop......struck out Longoria who was 0 for 2 against Nuno.....very impressive Jim.......like him over Phelps to replace Nova.......

good outing by the staff...it was needed..and a day off to rest the arms...robertson comes back on tuesday, kelly a great 8th inning guy...proved he can close

depth...

“Babe Ruth, Yankee Immortal”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee Stadium

#309105 Apr 20, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
good outing by the staff...it was needed..and a day off to rest the arms...robertson comes back on tuesday, kelly a great 8th inning guy...proved he can close
depth...
Nice win today, maybe the Rays were tired from scoring all those runs Friday and Saturday? Bet the Yanks stick with Nuno as they probable like the idea of a lefty in the rotation?

Yankee Stadium

#309107 Apr 20, 2014
HarleyRyder wrote:
Anybody ever notice how Nova seems to come up with an injury whenever he is getting bombed?
He's faking a partially torn UCL from an MRI? Is that you DW?

Yankee Stadium

#309109 Apr 20, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I think you are right about Nuno moving to that #5 SP spot.... That's another reason why his start today was very important.... He was solid 5IP 3H 6Ks......
I don't know why they keep sending Sizemore down because he's been productive for us with timely hits..... Can't wait to get Robertson back into the mix.....
Nova goes on the DL, think its Claiborne who goes down or even Nuno?

April 20, 2014 12:07 pm
Bryan Mitchell called up Sunday
by Chris Cwik | CBSSports.com
The Yankees have called up pitcher Bryan Mitchell Sunday.

Mitchell dominated during his last start, striking out 12 hitters in six innings. With Ivan Nova going on the disabled list, Mitchell could see time in the rotation. The club hasn't announced his role yet, however.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#309110 Apr 20, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Nova goes on the DL, think its Claiborne who goes down or even Nuno?
April 20, 2014 12:07 pm
Bryan Mitchell called up Sunday
by Chris Cwik | CBSSports.com
The Yankees have called up pitcher Bryan Mitchell Sunday.
Mitchell dominated during his last start, striking out 12 hitters in six innings. With Ivan Nova going on the disabled list, Mitchell could see time in the rotation. The club hasn't announced his role yet, however.

doubt if nuno goes down, second pen lefty and it depends on mitchells role...

more then likely, claibourne...but he came thru as did so many others today

every team has a glitch,or bad game or 2...yanks hung tough and came thru in the end

pitching was really on top of its game today.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#309111 Apr 20, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice win today, maybe the Rays were tired from scoring all those runs Friday and Saturday? Bet the Yanks stick with Nuno as they probable like the idea of a lefty in the rotation?

I think claibourne goes down on tuesday when robertson comes back up

kelly showed he has some stuff...2 solid innings and did a good job with robertson out..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#309112 Apr 20, 2014
toddy....does the domination group know you stare at topix all day waiting for me and un to come on to judge and hide...
now now...spend some family time..rejoice on today..it shoulde a big day for you and your preacher group
I know several will be highly disapointed when they find out about the "other" life you wish you could lead...
have you told them about your racism? perversion? bigotry??
wow...i know a few who would be stunned...and poor lori, when she finds out your jen and debbie...
gambling...yikes...
oh, love the hat!! too funny, Lmao...
say, when you come down, can you please wear the hat for me??
thanks brother todd...

Yankee Stadium

#309113 Apr 20, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
every team has a glitch,or bad game or 2...yanks hung tough and came thru in the end
Have to point how crazy ESPN Sunday night game is. Sox playing tonight and then at 11 AM tomorrow for Patriots day. I'm sure it will be an emotional day for Bostonians

Yankees lineup vs. Rays - Teixeira returns, Sizemore optioned, Daley designated for assignment

To make room for Mark Teixeira on the roster, Ivan Nova has been moved to the disabled list with a partially torn Ulnar Collateral Ligament. To make room for bullpen reinforcements Preston Claiborne and Bryan Mitchell, Matt Daley, who was just called up yesterday, and Scott Sizemore, who let it be known that he does indeed still have an option left, were both sent down to Triple-A. We could still see other moves soon, depending on what they want to do with Nuno after his start, who they want to replace Nova in the rotation, and whether or not he needs to be added to the 60-day disabled list. Right now this roster is a bit of a mess.

http://www.pinstripealley.com/yankees-game-ti...

Yankee Stadium

#309114 Apr 20, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
toddy....does the domination group know you stare at topix all day waiting for me and un to come on to judge and hide...
now now...spend some family time..rejoice on today..it shoulde a big day for you and your preacher group
I know several will be highly disapointed when they find out about the "other" life you wish you could lead...
have you told them about your racism? perversion? bigotry??
wow...i know a few who would be stunned...and poor lori, when she finds out your jen and debbie...
gambling...yikes...
oh, love the hat!! too funny, Lmao...
say, when you come down, can you please wear the hat for me??
thanks brother todd...
Todd wears a hat?

Yankee Stadium

#309115 Apr 20, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame about Nova who pitched so well last season. Fortunately the Yankees have options with Nuno, Phelps, Warren and Mitchell.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#309117 Apr 21, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Todd wears a hat?

yeah, some "french" styled one...i admit, i wear a yankee or giant hat...

but his looks so stupid on him...its so damn funny..."stylish" toddie...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#309118 Apr 21, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame about Nova who pitched so well last season. Fortunately the Yankees have options with Nuno, Phelps, Warren and Mitchell.

Not easy when your 3 goes down...but the reality was both Pineda and Tanaka were pitching like a 1 and 2.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#309119 Apr 21, 2014
All hail the metsies !! Another juicekee joins the team.
Colon
Granderhorrible
Farnsworth
Abreu.
Wow. Another 40 year old.

Yankee Stadium

#309120 Apr 21, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Not easy when your 3 goes down...but the reality was both Pineda and Tanaka were pitching like a 1 and 2.
Tanaka will be the number by end of the season, the unknown is still Pineda and can he perform like he has over his first 3 starts and entire season? He was great in Seattle his first 20 starts and then gassed badly or was the real reason he was pitching hurt?

I always thought someone on the Mariners must have known he was injured, why trade a young pitcher otherwise as dominant as he was.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#309121 Apr 21, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Tanaka will be the number by end of the season, the unknown is still Pineda and can he perform like he has over his first 3 starts and entire season? He was great in Seattle his first 20 starts and then gassed badly or was the real reason he was pitching hurt?
I always thought someone on the Mariners must have known he was injured, why trade a young pitcher otherwise as dominant as he was.

i think gassed...they needed bats [seattle and had to trade thinking montero even if a dh or first baseman, would hit 300 with 20 homers from the right side, which is the hardest to find power wise]

and he came into spring training way overweight and tried to do too much too soon

if you recall the resident supposed fraud expert claimed it was his motion that caused the injury and he was done...

as if...he was a rookie and had reached his limit in my opinion...he now has 3 good pitches and with his size no doubt makes it look worse to batters as he appears closer to the mound...

he will be fine...most pitchers go thru dead arm, injuries....all teams...yanks had 4 guys fighting for the 5th spot...now is the time to use that depth.

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#309122 Apr 21, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
All hail the metsies !! Another juicekee joins the team.
Colon
Granderhorrible
Farnsworth
Abreu.
Wow. Another 40 year old.
Farnsworth is now the closer

Yankee Stadium

#309123 Apr 21, 2014
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Farnsworth is now the closer
Mets payroll now under $80 million with the dumping of "Big" Ike.

Anyone still think the Wilponzi debacle had no impact on the Mets?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 5 min SweLL GirL 15,871
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers 7 min okimar 53
last post wins! (Jun '10) 14 min Princess Hey 26,539
Trump Surges 22 min friend of nicetry 7
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 39 min Junket 311,494
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 40,941
Hillary builds the wall before Trump 1 hr friend of quotes 3

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance