Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#308901 Apr 16, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I know your a big fantasy geek...he had to be picked in the first 3 rounds in alot of drafts
what about kershaw...in the leagues i am in, top 3 picks...ouch
many others not doing well as drafted either...
what would be your opinion of the biggest busts so far...and the biggest surprise in fantasy??
and, not tanaka and abreu of the white sox...i meant players in the league prior...i wanted to draft abreu and got him in mocks from round 10-14...in the league he went within round 5 and 6..tanaka was actually a first round pick and 5th round pick..
I have Encarcion on my team and picked him in round 7. I got Ellsbury in the round before in the 6th. He's been what I expected. In the 5th round, I got Stanton who so far has been the best in MLB. This guy is now going to be a force from this point on in his career as he matured and a 1st rounder in the next few years in fantasy. In the 4th, I got Strasberg and I am done with this guy. Everyone had this guy in the HOF when he came up. He has his moments still but he got rocked last night. I'll never draft him again. Puig was my 3rd pick and hes been hurt a bit but not concerned about him. I was taking either him or Harper with that pick.

Pitching wise, Feldman on Houston has been a huge surpise but he scares me as he can go in the tank anytime. Samardiza on the Cubs has a 1.26 era but yet to win in 3 starts

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#308902 Apr 16, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I know your a big fantasy geek...he had to be picked in the first 3 rounds in alot of drafts
what about kershaw...in the leagues i am in, top 3 picks...ouch
many others not doing well as drafted either...
what would be your opinion of the biggest busts so far...and the biggest surprise in fantasy??
and, not tanaka and abreu of the white sox...i meant players in the league prior...i wanted to draft abreu and got him in mocks from round 10-14...in the league he went within round 5 and 6..tanaka was actually a first round pick and 5th round pick..
Word of Kershaws injury came just days before the season started, not counting the games played in Australia the week before. So in many leagues, Kershaw was drafted 1st. Huge disappointment for owners of him. He'll be back in May but for that month of his return, he'll be on strict pitch counts. So don't see him getting those 30 point starts until later on, assuming hes healthy

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#308903 Apr 16, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Red Sox hurler Jon Lester projects to be worthy of a six-year,$145MM deal in free agency, according to ESPN.com 's Dan Szymborski. Other than sticking in Boston, Lester could draw interest from teams like the Cubs, Mariners, Giants, and Tigers, in Szymborski's estimat

I think he gets alot of interest....why not the yanks?? as a lefty it fits the stadium..and they love to tweak the soxies...he would fit in good with tanaka, cc, pineda and nova...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#308904 Apr 16, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or not and in my case I don't like it, he's the the 3rd baseman next season
Maybe, maybe not...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#308905 Apr 16, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a Yankee also?

gonna check...that name is too familar...it might be another hawkins earlier or maybe it was him earlier he is what, 40?? when it comes to you and yanks of the past, i never discount it...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#308906 Apr 16, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a Yankee also?

2008....yankee...1-1 record era of over 5

2013...nym...3-2 record and era of 2.93

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#308908 Apr 16, 2014
sport postings...no fights..no taunts..no vulgar posts....

i wonder what 2 posters are missing...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#308909 Apr 16, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
2008....yankee...1-1 record era of over 5
2013...nym...3-2 record and era of 2.93
Remember when Hawkins was with NYY. Had to change his # due to some fan reaction...

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.j...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#308910 Apr 16, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember when Hawkins was with NYY. Had to change his # due to some fan reaction...
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.j...

what was interesting was he was one of the last players apparently to wear number 42...

good recall on the 21 number story....you and fu had him on the yanks...guess i cannot recall the thousands of ex yanks in the past 15 years...lol..
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#308911 Apr 16, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
what was interesting was he was one of the last players apparently to wear number 42...

good recall on the 21 number story....you and fu had him on the yanks...guess i cannot recall the thousands of ex yanks in the past 15 years...lol..
The irony of the story is Hawkins was DFA during 2008...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/07/twins-i...

“Babe Ruth, Yankee Immortal”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee Stadium

#308912 Apr 16, 2014
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Word of Kershaws injury came just days before the season started, not counting the games played in Australia the week before. So in many leagues, Kershaw was drafted 1st. Huge disappointment for owners of him. He'll be back in May but for that month of his return, he'll be on strict pitch counts. So don't see him getting those 30 point starts until later on, assuming hes healthy
Strassberg has been a bust, King Felix a stud.

Yankee Stadium

#308913 Apr 16, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, maybe not...
....lol...we agree....or not?

Yankee Stadium

#308914 Apr 16, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
sport postings...no fights..no taunts..no vulgar posts....
i wonder what 2 posters are missing...
I must admit I miss the updates from Fallons and plane rides with Woody and Rex posts.

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#308915 Apr 16, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Strassberg has been a bust, King Felix a stud.
King Felix is always a stud. I personally had him tied with Wainwright as this years #2 ranked pitcher behind Kershaw. Guys like Cliff Lee, Verlander aren't the same guy anymore. And guys like Max or Jose Fernandez need to do it another year. But the misleading thing with the fantasy point totals with pitchers is wins. Samadijza on the Cubs has a 1.2 era in 3 starts but has yet to win. If he got those 3 wins, he'd be at the top of the rankings so far. He easily could have 26 more points if he got those 3 wins and not had any losses
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#308916 Apr 16, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
....lol...we agree....or not?
Depends. Will ARod be the starting 3B next season? Don't see that. Will he mostly DH & play some 3B next season? Can see that...

If Headley is available, NYY needs to do their best to acquire. Time to move forward...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#308917 Apr 16, 2014
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>King Felix is always a stud. I personally had him tied with Wainwright as this years #2 ranked pitcher behind Kershaw. Guys like Cliff Lee, Verlander aren't the same guy anymore. And guys like Max or Jose Fernandez need to do it another year. But the misleading thing with the fantasy point totals with pitchers is wins. Samadijza on the Cubs has a 1.2 era in 3 starts but has yet to win. If he got those 3 wins, he'd be at the top of the rankings so far. He easily could have 26 more points if he got those 3 wins and not had any losses
What's happening to Samardzija is CHC has NO offense. One of the many reasons have no interest in FBB...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl....
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#308918 Apr 16, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I must admit I miss the updates from Fallons and plane rides with Woody and Rex posts.
Lets not forget Stellars and Billy the Bartender....no Jen updates and of course his terrible horse picks..of course unbiase was part of this.lmfao
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#308919 Apr 16, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Arod retire?
No and I expect to see him back with NYY next year and healthy..
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#308920 Apr 16, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
tough loss for the soxies last night as they own last place
napoli hurt...bogarts another ROY candidate made the error that cost them the game
Bradley,ROY candidate has seen his average go from 400 down to aound 250 and dropping...
on and on
they dont sign lester they will own the basement...and the supposed " model" of not paying big salaries will end after this year
2 or 3 error at SS in 14 games .961...and DW was telling us how weak the yankee defense is....lol, by the way has anybody seen DW since the sox are in last place..

Yankee Stadium

#308921 Apr 16, 2014
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Lets not forget Stellars and Billy the Bartender....no Jen updates and of course his terrible horse picks..of course unbiase was part of this.lmfao
lol...he was so bad he gave up on predictions and then later on looked up the winning horse in a race after the fact and posted them.

No one knew less about the NFL than him however

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 8 min 2 Dogs 2,194
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 18 min Forrest 14,800
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 18 min Forrest 13,775
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 19 min jimi-yank 38,776
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 44 min Three Days 311,028
News Police ID body of New York man with feet encase... 2 hr cement 1
News Donald Trump overwhelmingly wins Hispanic vote ... Apr 21 BS detector 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages