Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#308736 Apr 12, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Both SPs have given up 2 run homers so far..... Score is 2-2..... Might be another close game.....
Beltran with his 2nd homer of the year and Ellsbury with yet another hit.....TB is up 1-0 early in the 3rd and TOR plays later......
Sox closer is injured? Dam he's been great for them, he as much as anyone was the reason they won last seasons WS

Washington, DC

#308737 Apr 12, 2014
Koji Uehara to long toss Sunday

by R.J. White | CBSSports.com
(11:42 am ET) Red Sox pitcher Koji Uehara will participate in a throwing program with long toss Sunday, the team announced.
The team will see how Uehara's stiff shoulder responds to the program before deciding whether or not to send him back to Boston for testing. The Red Sox, who are in New York for a three-game series against the Yankees, have an off-day Monday before opening a three-game series against the White Sox in Chicago Tuesday.

Washington, DC

#308738 Apr 12, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I just don't see him hitting close or more to 95 MPH consistantly anymore..... That diminished velocity showed up in last year and ST.... Which comes with age and he's going to have to adjust......
On the flip side though like you said he wasn't tired.... Not to mention he it's a long season and he hasn't put a full game together yet..... Pitch location as well because his stuff is easier to read and decreased speed in his pitches.....
95? Closest he's getting to 95 is the NJ Turnpike (95).

But he's had moments here and there and seems to be on track to me, let you know memorial day weekend where he is really at.

Upper 60's here in NJ, played my first 18 holes this morning, Mrs Fu is out with her sister shopping for the rest of the day, meatball parm sandwich and a Coors Light in front of me and I can watch the Masters and Yankee game all afternoon if I don't fall asleep on the couch.

Life is good again
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#308739 Apr 12, 2014
Yanks lead 4-2..... McCann with his 1st homer and Soriano with his second straight game with a homer which is his 3rd of the year......
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#308740 Apr 12, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
95? Closest he's getting to 95 is the NJ Turnpike (95).
But he's had moments here and there and seems to be on track to me, let you know memorial day weekend where he is really at.
Upper 60's here in NJ, played my first 18 holes this morning, Mrs Fu is out with her sister shopping for the rest of the day, meatball parm sandwich and a Coors Light in front of me and I can watch the Masters and Yankee game all afternoon if I don't fall asleep on the couch.
Life is good again
Lmao @ New Jersey Turnpike(95)...... I agree with you and NYSOM about CC and he's just going to have to adjust.....

Sounds like a good life.... Especially being able to relax and watch some sports..... I know that golf swing is still better than Tigers and Mickelsons combined lol.....

Yanks up 4-2.... So far so good...... Ellsbury with 2 hits so far..... He's been great for us so far this season.... Long ball is waking up for the team as well......
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#308741 Apr 12, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Sox closer is injured? Dam he's been great for them, he as much as anyone was the reason they won last seasons WS
Injuries are piling up early in the EAST.... They are going to have to adjust like we have to with the lost of D Rob..... His last 2 outings we saw a lack of control for him......

I think he threw 20 pitches the one night..... His splitter also didn't have nearly the movement they wanted to see..... Who knows how long he will be out.....

“No Lying”

Since: Oct 07

And Never Fooled

#308742 Apr 12, 2014
Lester rejects the Sox latest offer for an extension. It was less than what they gave Lackey a few years ago, who unlike Lester, did nothing in a Sox uniform then. All signs showing he will bolt after the year. Max will be a free agent and if the Sox decide to sign him instead, thats an improvement

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#308743 Apr 12, 2014
Yankees just piling it on. They just have a deeper stronger lineup and rotation than the Sox do. Don't see how anyone unbiased can see it any differently
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#308744 Apr 12, 2014
Yanks lead 6-2.... McCann with a 2 run homer.... His 2nd of the game.... Could be finding his groove.... Lackey is out.....

Washington, DC

#308745 Apr 12, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Lmao @ New Jersey Turnpike(95)...... I agree with you and NYSOM about CC and he's just going to have to adjust.....
Sounds like a good life.... Especially being able to relax and watch some sports..... I know that golf swing is still better than Tigers and Mickelsons combined lol.....
Yanks up 4-2.... So far so good...... Ellsbury with 2 hits so far..... He's been great for us so far this season.... Long ball is waking up for the team as well......
No fat McCann jokes today?

Washington, DC

#308746 Apr 12, 2014
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
Lester rejects the Sox latest offer for an extension. It was less than what they gave Lackey a few years ago, who unlike Lester, did nothing in a Sox uniform then. All signs showing he will bolt after the year. Max will be a free agent and if the Sox decide to sign him instead, thats an improvement
He replaces Lester next season Webster?

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#308747 Apr 12, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
He replaces Lester next season Webster?
Someone will sign Max. Also Cashner will be a free agent. Not many know him but hes better and younger than Lester. Lester will get a bigger contract most likely. If they sign Cashner, thats an improvement over Lester long term

Washington, DC

#308748 Apr 12, 2014
<quoted text>Someone will sign Max. Also Cashner will be a free agent. Not many know him but hes better and younger than Lester. Lester will get a bigger contract most likely. If they sign Cashner, thats an improvement over Lester long term
Mets have a young talented staff, bet the Mets take a big $$$ run at Lester to be their symbolic ace and leader next season.

Sox fans better hope all the SI articles on how great their farm is becuase it looks like Lester could walk.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#308749 Apr 12, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
No fat McCann jokes today?
Hopefully this will get him going because he's off to a ruff start this season.....Kuroda has been replaced by Thornton..... He gave up 6H 2R 5Ks and he had run support as well.....

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#308750 Apr 12, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Mets have a young talented staff, bet the Mets take a big $$$ run at Lester to be their symbolic ace and leader next season.
Sox fans better hope all the SI articles on how great their farm is becuase it looks like Lester could walk.
Max rejected $144 million from the Tigers. My guess is the Tigers offer that money to Lester and he becomes a Tiger. And think the Mets need more offense than pitching next season, so I doubt they go after Lester

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#308751 Apr 12, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Hopefully this will get him going because he's off to a ruff start this season.....Kuroda has been replaced by Thornton..... He gave up 6H 2R 5Ks and he had run support as well.....
Dude, we area ll watching the same game. Posts are on a 5 minute delay. There is no need to give us the boxscore
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#308752 Apr 12, 2014
<quoted text>Dude, we area ll watching the same game. Posts are on a 5 minute delay. There is no need to give us the boxscore
I do this every year and no one has a problem with it.... There is nothing wrong with posting about the game.... By the way, check out Captain America 2.... Good film and better than the first one.....

Yanks lead 7-4.... Johnson with his 3 homer of the season.... 14 hits by the team so far.....
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#308753 Apr 12, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>

Not a chance NYM pays over $20 million AAV on a SP...

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#308754 Apr 12, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I do this every year and no one has a problem with it.... There is nothing wrong with posting about the game.... By the way, check out Captain America 2.... Good film and better than the first one.....
Yanks lead 7-4.... Johnson with his 3 homer of the season.... 14 hits by the team so far.....
All I'm saying is you posting the boxscore is not needed since we're all watching the game live. And I have Captain America on DVD and it was ok. I'll wait for the sequel to come out on DVD. I refuse to go to the movies anymore and contribute to the box office. Too many liberal lowlifes running Hollywood these days. Man of Steel is on cable TV these days and thats the best superhero movie ever made. And I'm a huge fan of the 1st 2 Superman movies with Christopher Reeve. I have yet to see The Avengers as for whatever reason, it never came to cable TV and I never bought the DVD
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#308755 Apr 12, 2014
Yanks win to get back to .500 on the season......Kuroda is now 2-1 and plenty of offense in this one.... To bad TB won moving them to 7-5...

6 players with multiple hits and how about McCann with 2 homers......This may get him going..... Yanks go for the series win with Nova on the hill tomorrow night....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 25 min Razor Ramon 1,616
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 36 min THrilLa 7,209
Another Republican Bites the Dust!! (Dec '11) 46 min ILAL 1,263
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 1 hr Razor Ramon 2,311
"Walking Dead" Starts Feb 9th (Jan '14) 2 hr journalism is dead 885
GMA Robin Robert's Bye Felicia to Omarosa Unpro... 2 hr GoodMorningLesbos 3
We VS We (Nov '09) 2 hr Weeeeeee 2,679

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance