Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#306382 Mar 4, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
Red Sox unsure Grady Sizemore can play everyday
The Red Sox won't know if outfielder Grady Sizemore will be able to play everyday until later during the spring, according to the Boston Herald.
Sizemore has been able to play in two spring games thus far, and plans to play twice during the upcoming week. Sizemore is scheduled to play Tuesday and Friday. He's attempting to come back after not playing in the majors since 2011.

going to be interesting seeing how he goes...he is almost as injury prone as Roberts...

speaking of Roberts, with solarte and anna playing well, the yanks have some interesting prospects for the infield.

and, how many know the yanks got anna from the padres and he batted 331 in triple aaa ball

and is hitting well now...as are several yankee rookies...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#306383 Mar 4, 2014
http://nypost.com/2014/03/03/jets-coach-rex-r...

rexie a yankee fan since 1975...say it aint so!! lmao...

too darn funny...this will eat someone alive

rex predictions will stop on super bowl chat...

great read, and a pic of rexie at the game..i saw him on tv hugging yank players and by the dugout..

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#306384 Mar 4, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
if he can get his fastball better then 81, maybe..but its only minor leagues for now, so its all good for the orioles..
His arm are will build up strength
Y I Hate The Media

Massapequa, NY

#306385 Mar 4, 2014
This is why sports talk radio is horrible. I just wish you 18-35 year olds who call these clowns would stop.
ESPN has a caller tell one of their hosts, Dave Rothstein or is it Rosenberg? We know he never played the game, but that's another story. Anywho, the caller says, "Why do you guys waste our time talking about the Knicks so much? The are a bad team and leave it at that. You should be talking about the Nets." To which Rothwhatever says, "Oh no, we have to talk about the Knicks. They are dysfunctional. You always talk about the dysfunctional teams in sports."
gentlemen there you have it, one of the talkers from the Valley of the Stupid admitting that sports talk radio only covers teams that are losing. The hosts want you only to call them and complain about the teams you root for. Winning teams make for boring radio. They want to hear themselves and you fans rip organizations because that's what creates controversy. They love to criticize and garner ratings by having long suffering fans agree with their insipid insights.
As long as you call them with this nonsense it will continue.
As an addendum, seeing what Don LaGreca looks like on the YES simulcast, you have to believe the last time he was ever in a uniform was when his mother took him trick or treating. Can you imagine that fat slob get paid to criticize athletes? Along with another jerk name Michael Kay?

Washington, DC

#306386 Mar 4, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
going to be interesting seeing how he goes...he is almost as injury prone as Roberts...
speaking of Roberts, with solarte and anna playing well, the yanks have some interesting prospects for the infield.
and, how many know the yanks got anna from the padres and he batted 331 in triple aaa ball
Nice to have depth

Washington, DC

#306387 Mar 4, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Great news for Sox fans.

Jake Peavy to throw Tuesday

Red Sox pitcher Jake Peavy will throw Tuesday, according to the Boston Globe.

Peavy will have someone catch for him, as the team doesn't want him to put on a glove yet. Peavy has to keep his cut clean, and the team doesn't want him to sweat. He plans to throw a bullpen session Wednesday, and will likely do so without wearing a glove on his non-throwing hand.

Peavy posted a 4.17 ERA in 144 2/3 innings last year.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#306388 Mar 4, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Great news for Sox fans.
Jake Peavy to throw Tuesday
Red Sox pitcher Jake Peavy will throw Tuesday, according to the Boston Globe.
Peavy will have someone catch for him, as the team doesn't want him to put on a glove yet. Peavy has to keep his cut clean, and the team doesn't want him to sweat. He plans to throw a bullpen session Wednesday, and will likely do so without wearing a glove on his non-throwing hand.
Peavy posted a 4.17 ERA in 144 2/3 innings last year.

No sweating. Yeah in 79 degree or 80 degree ft myers. Next time he goes fishing let's hope he catches something.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#306389 Mar 4, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
last week it was tues/wed
the other day, today...I saw him in drills and he looked good...but hitting off of major league batter will tell
he took bp the other day and reported no issues...
when I mentioned Derek running and running strong, we get the usual hate and told you so comments
but, I was shocked to see him running hard and zero limp...and he made some good plays in the field...the error which I saw on tv was no easy chance either...
if the captain and tex come back even at 85% of what they were, yanks will be fine as pitching has looked real good so far
my games kick in this week for me to start going...
appears our walking wounded are doing well so far...Joe G will do a fine job getting them ready for opening day!
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#306390 Mar 4, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to have depth
speaking of depth they'll need it at catcher baseball channel said Pierzyoski was removed from the game with an ankle injury not a good thing for a 38 year old catcher...remember all the fun the sisters had with jeter's injury..

Washington, DC

#306391 Mar 4, 2014
the don wrote:
<quoted text> appears our walking wounded are doing well so far...Joe G will do a fine job getting them ready for opening day!
Yanks looking good so far this spring Don.

Ivan Nova tosses three perfect innings Monday

Yankees pitcher Ivan Nova struck out four batters over three scoreless innings without allowing any hits or walking any batters in Monday's 4-2 win over the Nationals.

It was an impressive bounce-back performance for Nova after allowing two runs on two hits and two walks in just 1 1/3 innings in his spring debut. He threw all 19 of his pitches for strikes Monday. Nova is preparing as if in competition for a rotation spot, but he should expect to be on the mound for the Yankees every fifth day this season.

R.J. White

CBSSports.com

Washington, DC

#306392 Mar 4, 2014
the don wrote:
<quoted text> speaking of depth they'll need it at catcher baseball channel said Pierzyoski was removed from the game with an ankle injury not a good thing for a 38 year old catcher...remember all the fun the sisters had with jeter's injury..
Yankees on the other hand are 5 deep with quality starters all under 30 at the Catching position.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#306393 Mar 4, 2014
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I now know where it is, as I've driven by. I'll get there one of these days.
good, nice bar as well ...it gets a lot warmer and your going to be in the area let me know..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#306394 Mar 4, 2014
the don wrote:
<quoted text> speaking of depth they'll need it at catcher baseball channel said Pierzyoski was removed from the game with an ankle injury not a good thing for a 38 year old catcher...remember all the fun the sisters had with jeter's injury..

I recall. The taunts. Slander. Making fun of an injury from the forum hypocrite sister.

I hear the other old man has an issue also. Smart move to have your top 2 catchers 38 plus.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#306395 Mar 4, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yankees on the other hand are 5 deep with quality starters all under 30 at the Catching position.

4 of the 5 catchers are ripping the ball. Several teams have scouts in to look at them.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#306396 Mar 4, 2014
Mets are on mlb live right now. Yanks live on mlb at 7pm

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#306397 Mar 4, 2014
Wheeler pitching and grandy in right. Good luck grandy..

Not good riddance as a frustrated met fan would do when his players leave.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#306398 Mar 4, 2014
Grandy 2 run homer!!!! Mets are up 3-0..good to see that.

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#306399 Mar 4, 2014
CURTIS with his 2nd moon shot HR of the afternoon down here in ST LUCIE. Curtis is so happy to be a Met and out of that FILTHY BRONX. Going to be lots of fun times tonight at dinner here with everyone. Love this weather

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#306400 Mar 4, 2014
TMAN_Mets wrote:
CURTIS with his 2nd moon shot HR of the afternoon down here in ST LUCIE. Curtis is so happy to be a Met and out of that FILTHY BRONX. Going to be lots of fun times tonight at dinner here with everyone. Love this weather

Lmao. Are you paying? Do you think anyone believes this momma? Maybe your dopey pal still falls for it.

When do you pay back Unbiased?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#306401 Mar 4, 2014
TMAN_Mets wrote:

When will you post again In your Weaverville isp proving you are in the Carolinas?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min Bruddah Z 326,781
FBI Accepts Bribe from Trump 33 min John 1
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 52 min jimi-yank 7,430
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Halle Berry Sister 19,195
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Halle Berry Sister 18,013
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr The Feed Store Boys 6,230
jets talk back (Dec '07) 2 hr jimi-yank 15,508

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages