|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
sharp pick up by the goalie...and the viewed it on tape, happened prior to the goal...and the Russians knew the rule and were big about it...its international rules, slightly different then nhl rules...
still I loved overtime shootout and the game...it was intense
Putin in the stands, looked like he was sucking on a lemon after the US won. Bet thats how fatty looked when the Yanks signed Beltran and the Mets signed "granderhorrible"

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't DW and Momma say Dumpster would win 18 games last year?

lol....first of many to jump ship.. injury prone [ of course, not with the sox].els, prima dona, bad throwing arm, strikes out a lot, bad defensive player salty, and so far, ss drew...if he leaves for sure, the negative comments will be flowing...none for now as he might come back

face it, bandbox...he hits...otherwise...no...and what he hit under 175 in the series? ryan hits better then that and fields better...for 14 mil??? hell no...

so, lets wait it out for the rip job when its official he is not a soxie...and more will run away later on...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin in the stands, looked like he was sucking on a lemon after the US won. Bet thats how fatty looked when the Yanks signed Beltran and the Mets signed "granderhorrible"

hahahahahaha....I loved his lie as how he claimed he wanted to go back to the mets and only wanted 3 yrs and sandy offered 2

next day in the papers, beltran rips the mets, was pissed off at them and was never thinking about going back

it was great...even better was the fat roid colon 40 yrs old sigining...the guy at 300 pounds is close to momma weight...

so, the mets sign to ex juicekees....yup, cant wait for 2014...

too damn funny, you cant make this stuff up...

I have saved dozens of granderhorrible quotes and will shove them in his fat face during the season....

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
Anybody wonder why the Yankees hold Jeters training so far away from the press and fans?
No ...no one wonders.
Yanks fans just ignore the reality..
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyma...
Jeter is working out though right?

How about Peavy? Dumpster packing it in and Peavy with tape on his fingers and is limited early on.....not good

FORT MYERS, Fla.-- Jake Peavy's second day in camp commenced Saturday without the tape that wrapped around the palm of his right hand and ring finger. But the condition remains irksome enough, Peavy said, that he might be limited the first few days in camp.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahaha....I loved his lie as how he claimed he wanted to go back to the mets and only wanted 3 yrs and sandy offered 2
next day in the papers, beltran rips the mets, was pissed off at them and was never thinking about going back
it was great...even better was the fat roid colon 40 yrs old sigining...the guy at 300 pounds is close to momma weight...
I have saved dozens of granderhorrible quotes and will shove them in his fat face during the season....
I wish Curtis the best, he's a classy guy and did hit a lot of bombs for us. He'll help the Mets, fans will like him.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....first of many to jump ship.. injury prone [ of course, not with the sox].els, prima dona, bad throwing arm, strikes out a lot, bad defensive player salty, and so far, ss drew...if he leaves for sure, the negative comments will be flowing...none for now as he might come back
face it, bandbox...he hits...otherwise...no...and what he hit under 175 in the series? ryan hits better then that and fields better...for 14 mil??? hell no...
so, lets wait it out for the rip job when its official he is not a soxie...and more will run away later on...
don't get me wrong he's got value Drew and is a professional. But he's not worth drooling over or is going to better than Jeter/Ryan combination in 2014. Whatever value he has for the Yankees in 2014 would be at 3B and we got enough type players like him in house allready

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish Curtis the best, he's a classy guy and did hit a lot of bombs for us. He'll help the Mets, fans will like him.

he is the best out fielder they have....just laughing at the hypocrite fatty and gang who made fun of him as a yankee, now dead silent...

we always want our ex yanks to do well...unlike certain sox fans who rip players of their team who leave..and kissed their arse when they played as soxies...

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Yanks looking at Reyes? Blue Jays would unload his contract in a heartbeat I think.

Free Agent Notes: Drew, Cruz, Santana, Blue Jays, Madson

By Jeff Todd [February 14, 2014 at 10:51pm CST]

As camps open around the game, let's take a look at a few notable free agents who remain unsigned:
•Though long-time shortstop Derek Jeter is now set to retire after the year, and the club faces questions around the infield, the Yankees are still not interested in adding Stephen Drew, reports Andrew Marchand of ESPNNewYork.com . Marchand notes that the club could have its eye on a bigger fish as an eventual replacement for Jeter, suggesting the possibility of looking at next year's free agent market or trying to trade for a big-contract star like Troy Tulowitzki or Jose Reyes. But the availability of those options remains unclear, especially given that the Yanks possess a farm that most regard as below average. And while 2015 currently promises a nice crop of free agent shortstops -- headlined, at present, by Hanley Ramirez, J.J. Hardy, and Asdrubal Cabrera -- it is far from certain that all of those players will reach the open market.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Yankees Plan To Spend Big On 2014-15 Int'l Market

By Steve Adams [February 12, 2014 at 6:52pm CST]

FEBRUARY 12: In a substantial update to his original story on the topic, Scout.com 's Kiley McDaniel breaks down the latest on the Yankees' July 2 spending plans.

First, McDaniel explains that the club's initial strategy was to reach agreement with a group of six players on the same day earlier in the winter.(The league's spending caps continue to drive the agreement timeline earlier, requiring teams to make larger commitments, notes McDaniel.) About $12MM was verbally committed at that point, spread amongst youngsters Dermis Garcia (a Domincan third baseman), Nelson Gomez (same), Juan De Leon (a Dominican center fielder), Jonathan Amundaray (a Venezuelan outfielder), Chris Torres (a Dominican shortstop), and Diego Castillo (a Venezuelan shortstop).

Other teams, too, are rumored to have struck verbal agreements with various players, as McDaniel details. But with several well-regarded talents still purportedly available, sources say that New York may now be planning a "second phase" that could bring the total spend as high as $20MM.

FEBRUARY 7: In an effort to replenish a bleak farm system, the Yankees are preparing to "spend wildly" on the international free agent market this summer, industry sources tell Andrew Marchand and Wallace Matthews of ESPNNewYork.com . Kiley McDaniel of Scout.com reported in late December that New York was planning to incur penalties by spending $12MM to $15MM on the approaching 2014-15 international signing period. The new signing season, which kicks off (as always) on July 2, is believed by many to offer a particularly strong crop of talent.

The Yankees are allotted just over $2MM to spend on international free agents this summer, but the ESPNNewYork.com duo reports that the club may spend a staggering $18MM in bonuses as they look to restock their minor league ranks with high-upside talent. Such an expenditure would come with the harshest of penalties laid out in the newest CBA; the Yankees would pay a 100 percent tax on their overage and would not be allowed to sign a player for more than $250K in the following international signing period. While those measures are undoubtedly harsh, they haven't stopped the Cubs and Rangers from spending more than $8MM each on international free agents during the current signing period.

Marchand and Matthews continue by stating that one reason behind the potential spending spree is the fear of an eventual international draft that will remove such tactics as a possibility. While the international draft talks have reportedly been tabled until after the 2016 season, implementing such a big spending strategy in 2014-15 could potentially allow the Yankees to employ the tactic twice more before the draft might become a reality.(In my mind, seeing teams pursue such a tactic may only enhance the industry's desire for an international draft.)

General manager Brian Cashman wouldn't comment on the team's spending plans, but he did go on record as saying that it is "certainly our prerogative" to spend more than the allotted amount. One member of the Yankees organization offered the following anonymous quote:

"We consider it a strategic option. Whether we play it this year hasn't been decided. At some point I would imagine we would. It might make sense. One of the things that is looming is the [international] draft and once that happens, we have the same circumstances as in the U.S."

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
he is the best out fielder they have....just laughing at the hypocrite fatty and gang who made fun of him as a yankee, now dead silent...
we always want our ex yanks to do well...unlike certain sox fans who rip players of their team who leave..and kissed their arse when they played as soxies...
Very true, no "good riddance" posts from Yankee fans. Everyone wishes "granderhorrible" the best, same with Cano....good luck to him. he's still the best second baseman in MLB Cano....just don't think he will be even close to that for the last 5 years of his contract

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Sox taking a flyer on Codero...low risk move....could work out for them, but probable not

Red Sox Sign Francisco Cordero

By Zach Links [February 16, 2014 at 11:08am CST]

The Red Sox have signed Francisco Cordero to a minor league deal, according to John Tomase of the Boston Herald (on Twitter). The former closer last appeared in the majors in 2012 with the Astros.

Cordero underwent surgery to his non-throwing shoulder early in 2013 and was said to be targeting 2014 for his big league return. The 38-year-old posted a 7.55 ERA, 7.1 K/9, 4.1 BB/9, 2.06 HR/9, and 39.6% groundball rate in 39 1/3 innings for the Blue Jays and Astros in 2012. He lost the Jays' closer job in May of that year, was traded to Houston in July, and hit the DL with a toe injury prior to his release from Houston.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

No Mets chit chat on Kyle Farnsworth signing how come?

Mets going to the thrift store in the hopes of finding some gems.

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2014/02/contract...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, no "good riddance" posts from Yankee fans. Everyone wishes "granderhorrible" the best, same with Cano....good luck to him. he's still the best second baseman in MLB Cano....just don't think he will be even close to that for the last 5 years of his contract

phony met fan on a player leaving who was good...."good riddance"

phony sox fan when a player leave his team....'injury prone, prima donna, strikes out a lot, bad throwing, bad defense"

with the team, we never hear that

its called, bad sportsmanship and classless.

all yank fans wish the best for granderhorrible and cano, who is still the best secondbaseman in all baseball and I agree on your points...last 5 years of his contract will be horrible..

his own statement on the yank deal was telling, it was not so much the money[ ah huh] but the years...he was worried about his last 3 years....as he should be and any player reaching that age...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
No Mets chit chat on Kyle Farnsworth signing how come?
Mets going to the thrift store in the hopes of finding some gems.
http://metsmerizedonline.com/2014/02/contract...

well, after exposing someone for no connections with the mets and jets, all recent movement has been silent...and there was a shout out silence going on behind the scenes...

I think its a riot...

only real met news we get is from real met expert, bhj....

anyone recall the mets will spend big this off season and yanks have no money to spend

silent on that bs line....I told several in here, post and pages available mets spend 90 mil and yanks would spend big....

quiet time...

“Lets go Mets/49ers”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>My prediction of him. 16-7 and a 3.50 era and he starts game 1 of their 2014 playoff run
Atl will soon be locking up Kimbrell. one less closer for the JUICKEES to by...how many blown saves will they have this year? LMAO!

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

TMAN_Mets wrote:
<quoted text>Atl will soon be locking up Kimbrell. one less closer for the JUICKEES to by...how many blown saves will they have this year? LMAO!

Already happened hours ago dope. It's all over the Internet. It's old news.
Fatty. Lmao.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Already happened hours ago dope. It's all over the Internet. It's old news.
Fatty. Lmao.
Seems like a paranoid post to me Kimbrell signing with the Braves has no impact on 30 other teams only the Yankess don't you think?

"Tmans" out of touch with reality

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
well, after exposing someone for no connections with the mets and jets, all recent movement has been silent...and there was a shout out silence going on behind the scenes...
I think its a riot...
only real met news we get is from real met expert, bhj....
anyone recall the mets will spend big this off season and yanks have no money to spend
silent on that bs line....I told several in here, post and pages available mets spend 90 mil and yanks would spend big....
quiet time...
In veiw of a horrible farm system the past 5 years Yankees used their financial strenght this off season to make the team better. And they have plans to spend $$$ in the Latin markets the next coming years to build up their farm system.

“That's Un-Possible!”

Since: Jan 08

Brookhaven Hamlet, Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I always liked Granderson, even back in his Detroit days. I was rooting for Granderson even before he signed on with the Mets. I think he's a fine addition to the Mets roster. He seems like a likeable guy to boot...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
In veiw of a horrible farm system the past 5 years Yankees used their financial strenght this off season to make the team better. And they have plans to spend $$$ in the Latin markets the next coming years to build up their farm system.
Thing is they're only gonna overpay the pick of one years youug players becuse overpending this year says they can't next year with a $250K limit on players as a penalty.

So pick this year, nothing next season and hedge your bets there is an IFA draft in 2016...added to losing picks on FAs this season does nothing for the depth of the farm in the long term.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min truth-facts 46,238
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 10 min Opinion 14,706
Police seek Maine woman missing from Hauppauge ... (Jun '10) 1 hr Morey 4
Nude snaps 1 hr Naked smapchat 1
What's wrong with Tman, good ole Momma Chamberlin 2 hr jimi-yank 113
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Tue College Professor 6,391
NY Paw Pals High quality low cost pet service. Aug 13 NY Paw Pals 1

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
Jackson-Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000