Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#305852 Feb 20, 2014
Wow Jesus is in an arm wrestle for playing time with Burt Reynolds?

Move to first base a career reboot for Montero
Former elite catching prospect hoping to make an impact at new position
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/move-to-f...

think he's looking more like dom deluise
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#305853 Feb 20, 2014
Given the ascending price of starting pitching, it’s a reasonable deal from Boston’s perspective. During his two seasons in Los Angeles, Capuano produced more wins above replacement (according to Fangraphs) in fewer innings than Tim Lincecum and Jason Vargas. Lincecum re-signed with the Giants for two years and $35 million last fall, and Vargas inked a deal with the Royals for $32 million over four years.

So he's the new long man...interesting...guess that means Miller is a setup guy...woof the Sox pen is loaded...

its nice to have depth.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#305854 Feb 20, 2014
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
Joel Sherman is fed up:
“Yankees don’t think they need Stephen Drew, but they’re wrong”:
Jeter missed almost all of last season, mainly due to the lingering impact of fracturing his ankle. Word so far – from him and key organizational members – is he is moving and feeling well. Let’s face it, since Jeter might be the third-biggest health worry in the Yankees infield behind Mark Teixeira (wrist) and injury-prone Brian Roberts, the organization badly needs him to approximate his career output: plenty of games played, scads of hits.
However, what are the odds of that? He turns 40 in June. His range/mobility was a pre-ankle-injury concern.
Actually, this is part of a larger issue: What are the odds this infield works? Particularly when injury worries exist at three positions and the starting third baseman, Kelly Johnson, has started 12 games at third in his major league career – in none of which did he conjure the image of Brooks Robinson.
What if you can see the tidal wave coming out of the ocean and can clear the city before lives are lost rather than waiting to see if — as it almost certainly will — it strikes land and try to evacuate then?
In Stephen Drew, there remains a preemptive option to potentially mitigate disaster.
His request is down to two years with an opt-out after one.
Maybe the red sox should bring Drew back as a preemptive option in case Bogaerts falls on his azz as some think he will or in case Pedroia injury continues..But wait Drew hasn't played 2nd base in his career and for that matter his baseball card says he hasn't played 3rd base either so what good would he be for the yankees who do have a very good backup SS for Jeter who like Drew can't hit a Lick but is a much better defender then Drew would be. The truth is if Jeter goes down in this his last season then the yanks won't make the playoff with either Drew or Ryan...Further why pay 20 mil or so for a guy like drew who can't play 2nd or 3rd base and only plays SS and is an average defender (2006-2013, 80 E, Fpct .979) and is dead wood with a bat except in the little boys park called Fenway..Naw I think the smart thing would be for joel sherman to stop ragging the yankees about shite he knows nothing about and Stephen Drew to go back to the Red Sox.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#305855 Feb 20, 2014
Given the ascending price of starting pitching, it’s a reasonable deal from Boston’s perspective. During his two seasons in Los Angeles, Capuano produced more wins above replacement (according to Fangraphs) in fewer innings than Tim Lincecum and Jason Vargas. Lincecum re-signed with the Giants for two years and $35 million last fall, and Vargas inked a deal with the Royals for $32 million over four years.
So he's the new long man...interesting...guess that means Miller is a setup guy...woof the Sox pen is loaded...
its nice to have depth.
sure is with lots of cow manure,,
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#305856 Feb 20, 2014
Looks like Mike Napoli isn't the only one keeping last summers beard
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/celebrities/i...
this way he can slip right into his Santa Claus outfit at his new job at walmart..
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#305857 Feb 20, 2014
its nice to have depth.
"its nice to have depth" crap is crao no matter what name ya call it...Gs 20, 106 innings 4.7 record with a 4.26 ERA and a WHIP of 1.410..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#305858 Feb 20, 2014
the don wrote:
<quoted text> "its nice to have depth" crap is crao no matter what name ya call it...Gs 20, 106 innings 4.7 record with a 4.26 ERA and a WHIP of 1.410..

if I recall, fatty use to call him "lights out" Capuano...when he was a met....it was when he had a shutout going until the 5th inning

then he got shelled...

“No Lying”

Since: Oct 07

And Never Fooled

#305859 Feb 20, 2014
Wow! Stunning news brought to my attention. To every good person in this forum and everywhere else, Brookhaven is spitting in your face. Just check out the Nikon camera forum. In it, Brookhaven actually defends Obama and the job he has done. What a piece of garbage lowlife he really is. People like him are destroying this country. For the last time you loser, Obamacare may sound noble and compassionate, however the way the law is legislated, its unaffordable and a job killer on top of it. More people have actually lost their insurance as a result you loser. You really are a lowlife and all in here should be ticked off at him. Dumb deadbeat

“No Lying”

Since: Oct 07

And Never Fooled

#305860 Feb 20, 2014
More stunning news from the lowlife. Check out the Ted Nugent forum. Our Obama lowlife lover is calling one a pedophile. While I can't say that Ted Nugent isn't, this guy has a brother who is a registered convicted sexual offender. The nerve of him to talk about someone else

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#305861 Feb 20, 2014
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
More stunning news from the lowlife. Check out the Ted Nugent forum. Our Obama lowlife lover is calling one a pedophile. While I can't say that Ted Nugent isn't, this guy has a brother who is a registered convicted sexual offender. The nerve of him to talk about someone else
There is a Ted Nugent forum? Got to be honest who cares its none of my business what he or anyone posts in there. I'm sure the people in that forum think I'm nuts for posting in here...but hey god bless the Ted Nugent forum posters.

Sugestion to you is to stop obsessing,

Washington, DC

#305862 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
He obviously wasn't throwing hard so I wonder if he tweeked his motion...
Will be interesting to see this out.
Sox on the other hand pick up a low risk guy:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/02/red-sox...
This guy always interested me, but just when you think he has it all worked out, he doesn't or he gets hurt...
Often injured and sometimes effective. Low risk signing but don't make any Cy Young award winning bets on him

Washington, DC

#305863 Feb 20, 2014
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe the red sox should bring Drew back as a preemptive option in case Bogaerts falls on his azz as some think he will or in case Pedroia injury continues..But wait Drew hasn't played 2nd base in his career and for that matter his baseball card says he hasn't played 3rd base either so what good would he be for the yankees who do have a very good backup SS for Jeter who like Drew can't hit a Lick but is a much better defender then Drew would be. The truth is if Jeter goes down in this his last season then the yanks won't make the playoff with either Drew or Ryan...Further why pay 20 mil or so for a guy like drew who can't play 2nd or 3rd base and only plays SS and is an average defender (2006-2013, 80 E, Fpct .979) and is dead wood with a bat except in the little boys park called Fenway..Naw I think the smart thing would be for joel sherman to stop ragging the yankees about shite he knows nothing about and Stephen Drew to go back to the Red Sox.
I ageee Don 100%. He's a nice player for someone for $5 million

“That's Un-Possible!”

Since: Jan 08

Brookhaven Hamlet, Long Island

#305864 Feb 20, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
...Sugestion to you is to stop obsessing,
Never mind him. He's nobody.

More importantly, did I hear you predict the Mets will have a winning season this year? Kudos to you, Fu! I'm with you there. I'm not expecting any "meaningful" games in September, but I can see them squeeking out an over .500 season. While they didn't improve enough for my taste, they DID improve this off-season. If anything, at least they'll be a little more interesting to watch this season. I'm eager to see what Colon does in the NL. And how Granderson handles the spacious Citi outfield.

Still wondering if Sandy is considering signing Drew...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#305865 Feb 21, 2014
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe the red sox should bring Drew back as a preemptive option in case Bogaerts falls on his azz as some think he will or in case Pedroia injury continues..But wait Drew hasn't played 2nd base in his career and for that matter his baseball card says he hasn't played 3rd base either so what good would he be for the yankees who do have a very good backup SS for Jeter who like Drew can't hit a Lick but is a much better defender then Drew would be. The truth is if Jeter goes down in this his last season then the yanks won't make the playoff with either Drew or Ryan...Further why pay 20 mil or so for a guy like drew who can't play 2nd or 3rd base and only plays SS and is an average defender (2006-2013, 80 E, Fpct .979) and is dead wood with a bat except in the little boys park called Fenway..Naw I think the smart thing would be for joel sherman to stop ragging the yankees about shite he knows nothing about and Stephen Drew to go back to the Red Sox.
look little donnie duckout is angry again.

What a surprise.

So you know more about baseball than Joel Sherman? Give me a break you are the most clueless poster on the forum now dumbarse David doesn't post anymore.

Go back to the kiddie table Shirley..and tell us why youre angry every day...my guess is its because youre a total loser...and you know it...your pals do.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#305866 Feb 21, 2014
the don wrote:
<quoted text> this way he can slip right into his Santa Claus outfit at his new job at walmart..
You get fired from Walmart's Xmass team for taking care of the elves yule logs again Shirley?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#305867 Feb 21, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
if I recall, fatty use to call him "lights out" Capuano...when he was a met....it was when he had a shutout going until the 5th inning
then he got shelled...
Hold your water...Capuano is a LH long reliever. I'll say it again slowly....left ...hand...long...reliever....w hat does that mean?

I know youre busy trolling the past posts for something to lie about me telling a lie so I'll spell it out for you:

A mlb seasoned LH long reliever means if your RH pitcher goes boom early then you twist the opposing coaches head in knots early LH..RH LH...closer...ther goes any matchups. Sox have 3 LH relievers....wonder why....

Why don't you figure it out without mentioning any posters.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#305868 Feb 21, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Often injured and sometimes effective. Low risk signing but don't make any Cy Young award winning bets on him
Cy? Don't be a fool. He's a tried innings eater...the kind of guy that doesn't make you rush up guys like they had to with Webster last season.

For 5m or under....and a few teams were interested in him as a starter. So trade bait late.

Very good pickup...very low risk,,when a team is on top its easy to get those deals..when a team isn't guys arent willing to cut takehome pay...you should know this and not wonder why the Yankless phones aren't ringing
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#305869 Feb 21, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I ageee Don 100%. He's a nice player for someone for $5 million
You gree that Ryan is a better hitter and defender than Drew?

Why shoot yourself in the foot like that?

Thats plain stupid. Drew is a much much better player.

If not why are all the press guys tipping the Yankless to sign him?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#305870 Feb 21, 2014
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/ya...

gotta get ready for the haters....lets see the forum hypocrite who "respects" the yanks toss in the disturbing nicknames about HOF to be Derek...

He is looking good and able to do things he could not last year...

Washington, DC

#305871 Feb 21, 2014
<quoted text>
You gree that Ryan is a better hitter and defender than Drew?
Why shoot yourself in the foot like that?
Thats plain stupid. Drew is a much much better player.
If not why are all the press guys tipping the Yankless to sign him?
Yes I agree Ryan is a better defender then Drew. Do agree Drew would a better backup to Jeter at $5 million since Ryan is a horrible hitter (sort of like Drew was in the playoffs last offseason)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 min June VanDerMark 326,267
Worst Neighborhood in THE Bronx (Feb '10) 1 hr archangel69 230
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr Nemo 6,185
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr 2twisted 19,138
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr 2twisted 17,952
News No longer on a pedestal: New York debates Chris... 3 hr three blocks 6
jets talk back (Dec '07) 4 hr jimi-yank 15,478

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages