|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
from mlbtr:
The Red Sox are faced with a problem unique to big-market teams, John Tomase of the Boston Herald writes. That question is how to spend all their money.
gee tough problem to have.
Yes but as usual DW the contrived one edits all rhe points including some negative ones drected at the Sox.

AL East Notes: Red Sox, Headley, Yankees

By Charlie Wilmoth [January 13, 2014 at 12:00am CST]

The Red Sox are faced with a problem unique to big-market teams, John Tomase of the Boston Herald writes. That question is how to spend all their money. Baseball has clamped down on spending on amateur talent, and the Angels' recent example shows the problems inherent in free-agent spending sprees. The Red Sox will have plenty of money coming off the books next offseason, perhaps giving them $50MM with which to spend. The Red Sox haven't spent heavily on top free agents recently, letting Jacoby Ellsbury depart and not signing Brian McCann. But Tomase suggests they'll continue to spend to add depth and build a "strong middle class." They could also look to extend their own stars, perhaps including Jon Lester and/or David Ortiz. Here are more notes from the AL East.
the don

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Not referring to what you thought after the 2007 season but your post about ARod being "in decline" after 2007...
my post was the decline started in the 2009 season posted his number of games and production going down...

“That's Un-Possible!”

Since: Jan 08

Brookhaven Hamlet, Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

momma chamberlin wrote:
Just finished watching that joke by 60 minutes....poor Mike Wallace is probably turning in his grave. 60 minutes used to have balls and ask 'tough' questions, now just a lot of rehearsed hog wash that everyone , the public included, knew the answers to, The one question everyone wants asked and answered is what knowledge did the Juicekee medical staff, trainers and front office have of his steroid use before re-signing him to what amounts to a lifetime contract ? Seems to me an organization of any kind would do a full investigation before investing a quarter of a billion dollars in a product, but of course those question weren't asked on orders of the MLB legal teams for the public to hear by 60 minutes...MLB has those answers and will be coming down on the juicekees in the very near future . Of course in the end the Juicekees will pay Aroid every last nickel owed him including this year as his salary for this year is also held towards the luxury cap which will cost them more money. You sign a guy who has past injury problems to a long term deal you pay when they hit the disabled list...the courts will prove the juicekees knew of Aroids steroid abuse before signing him long term and of his continued abuse.... as MLB has the proof. Cant wait for it all to come out
How much tinfoil does it take on the rabbit ears to get channel 2 where you live?

“That's Un-Possible!”

Since: Jan 08

Brookhaven Hamlet, Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
big ike?? Milwaukee laughed at sandy and tossed him out on his ear...no one has interest...
Big Strike Davis isn't going anywhere. I wonder if the Ducks have any prospects to trade...

“Baseball is back!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but as usual DW the contrived one edits all rhe points including some negative ones drected at the Sox.
AL East Notes: Red Sox, Headley, Yankees
By Charlie Wilmoth [January 13, 2014 at 12:00am CST]
The Red Sox are faced with a problem unique to big-market teams, John Tomase of the Boston Herald writes. That question is how to spend all their money. Baseball has clamped down on spending on amateur talent, and the Angels' recent example shows the problems inherent in free-agent spending sprees. The Red Sox will have plenty of money coming off the books next offseason, perhaps giving them $50MM with which to spend. The Red Sox haven't spent heavily on top free agents recently, letting Jacoby Ellsbury depart and not signing Brian McCann. But Tomase suggests they'll continue to spend to add depth and build a "strong middle class." They could also look to extend their own stars, perhaps including Jon Lester and/or David Ortiz. Here are more notes from the AL East.
What a shock

“Baseball is back!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Strike Davis isn't going anywhere. I wonder if the Ducks have any prospects to trade...

Wow. Good one. You are rolling now. With you around we get legit met info. Finally.

“Baseball is back!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dcapH...

from the shed a tear department

long time momma favorite retires

his met career, a "debacle"

lmfao...ah huh...just add him to the long list of bums that dope liked.

“Baseball is back!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Big Ike is doing to hit .216 this year..... He's due for a break out year lol.....
We have Raw and NBA tonight... Can't wait.... Kinda sucks that we have no more Monday Night Football anymore.....

I know, but baseball is almost back...then it really catches fire...still nba and nhl work for me

and college hoops is in full swing, espn and a few other stations have been putting up some good games....hell, duke has stunk it up to the point its football team might have a higher ranking then its bb team....like since when...

raw should be good as the build up to a ppv...I think you will like one of the double matches that will be on later ...

“Baseball is back!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
http://m.mlb.com/news/2014/01/ 13/66471100/where-will-tanaka- land-its-anyones-guess
Where will Tanaka land?.... Seems like most are saying he will sign with the Yanks..... We shall see what goes down the next couple of weeks.....

24th is the deadline for him

bet he does it soon

“Baseball is back!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

one night momma for sure will want to get the greyhound bus up to citi field

on august 30th, granderhorrible bobble head night...

wow...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

the don wrote:
<quoted text> my post was the decline started in the 2009 season posted his number of games and production going down...
You posted ARod's production was "already in decline." in 2009...

http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T2HJ06E7ST774T... #4303204
the don wrote:
<quoted text> when the yanks signed him from Texas in 2004 stealing him away from Boston I believed it to be a great signing and the fact that Texas was paying a large part of his salary made those great years of 2004 thru 2007 even better..When he opted out of his contract after the 2007 season I was one of a few on here that posted that the yanks should let him go...However the yanks resigned him..to answer ya question in 2009 he was already in decline as a player (124 games) but he did help the yanks win their last championship but I do believe my originals thoughts were correct...

“Baseball is back!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I hope so..... As soon as we find out he signs with us or not the sooner we can go to plan B..... If we had to.... We have improved as a team though.....
Great if he signs with us.... If he doesn't then Jimenez is still a possibility especially with the extra cash thanks to A Rod..... I'm sure Arod can give Unbiased some of his "special" gum since he's on roids as well lol.....

not sure but I was told a steel cage is over the arena for tonight it could be the dark match at the end...

the wyatts will be on and in a doubles match..vs the usos...

randy is gonna whine on tv again...

“Baseball is back!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I hope so..... As soon as we find out he signs with us or not the sooner we can go to plan B..... If we had to.... We have improved as a team though.....
Great if he signs with us.... If he doesn't then Jimenez is still a possibility especially with the extra cash thanks to A Rod..... I'm sure Arod can give Unbiased some of his "special" gum since he's on roids as well lol.....

you can bet the yanks are adding a pitcher...its just who...tanaka is choice 1...he is aware of how the team loved hidecki matsui...a fan favorite...Godzilla...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:

No need to have anyone rush a decision. The rest of the FA SP's are available if any team doesn't want to wait on Tanaka...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Don't know if this was posted earlier...

If ARod is looking to be an island unto himself, he's making a strong case by suing the MLBPA...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah you are right and you already know my opinion on Tanaka..... Wouldn't mind signing him, but he's a high risk signing..... He's going to get the max years and $100 million dollar deal..... Huge possibility of more money than that.....

Still think some team is going to give him more though especially IF there is a bidding war..... SEA is the team to watch for.... LAD was in the conversation, but they said they weren't going to pursue him hard so to speak.....
CHC also going to bid big as well...

Think NYY will be 1 of the final teams Tanaka is interested to sign with...

“Baseball is back!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah you are right and you already know my opinion on Tanaka..... Wouldn't mind signing him, but he's a high risk signing..... He's going to get the max years and $100 million dollar deal..... Huge possibility of more money than that.....
Still think some team is going to give him more though especially IF there is a bidding war..... SEA is the team to watch for.... LAD was in the conversation, but they said they weren't going to pursue him hard so to speak.....

don't think its a true bidding war...not sure, but, I think you give it your best price to him...unless he comes back to a team he really wants to play for and suggest they need to up the ante...

“Baseball is back!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

NYStateOfMind wrote:
Don't know if this was posted earlier...
If ARod is looking to be an island unto himself, he's making a strong case by suing the MLBPA...

Got an alert on my phone. I didn't think he would hit them. So much for spring training. I guess he is be going after more soon.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Got an alert on my phone. I didn't think he would hit them. So much for spring training. I guess he is be going after more soon.
Appears he's suing everyone he can...

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge deals Aroid a blow today.

LARRY NEUMEISTER and RONALD BLUM
NEW YORK (AP)- A federal judge said Monday that Alex Rodriguez cannot file portions of arbitrator Fredric Horowitz's decision under seal as part of a lawsuit seeking to overturn the one-year suspension from baseball given to the New York Yankees third baseman.
U.S. District Judge William H. Pauley III denied a request by Rodriguez's lawyers that was supported by the Major League Baseball Players Association. It came a day after the founder of a now-closed Florida anti-aging clinic said during a "60 Minutes" interview he administered an elaborate doping program for the 14-time All-Star starting in 2010. MLB Commissioner Bud Selig told the program that Rodriguez's actions were "beyond comprehension."
"Given the intense public interest in this matter and Commissioner Selig's disclosures last night on '60 Minutes,' it's difficult to imagine any portion of this proceeding should be filed under seal," Pauley said.
Pauley said there was a presumption in federal courts that the public should have access to documents. He said the presumption of access could be overridden if there was evidence the courts were being used improperly to force otherwise confidential information to be made public.
"There's no evidence here of any bad faith," he said.
Howard Ganz of Proskauer, representing MLB, said the league was not seeking to seal any parts of the written decision, which was issued Saturday but has not been made public.
The three-time MVP was suspended for 211 games last August by baseball Commissioner Bud Selig, and Horowitz presided over 12 days of hearings from September through November. Horowitz reduced the penalty to 162 games plus any postseason games played by the Yankees this year.
The brief court proceeding was scheduled so hastily that Joe Tacopino, a Rodriguez lawyer, and union General Counsel Dave Prouty, participated by telephone.
Prouty told the judge the union wanted to redact any portions of the arbitrator's ruling that touched on subjects required to remain confidential under baseball's collective bargaining agreement.
"The players' association believes those matters should stay confidential," he said.
Jordan Siev, a ReedSmith lawyer representing Rodriguez, said "we're perfectly content to file the complaint unredacted."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 296,581 - 296,600 of302,143
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min STEFANO COLONNA 65,217
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 11 min Drifting to sleep 13,487
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 15 min Drifting to sleep 9,399
Retired NYPD Officer Charged With Fatally Shoot... 1 hr Reply2_CIA 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 43,043
paul ryan’s republican budget 3 hr nac 18
Word Association (Jul '10) 4 hr _Zoey_ 6,897
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights People Search