“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#297607 Nov 23, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Might not be as much as you think..... Don't see the NYY going over $200 million to keep him and teams aren't pursuing him at the moment.... If a dumb owner wants to give him more then good luck.....
Sox didn't really need him in my opinion.... Yanks need him more....$90 million was not the amount I was expecting.... I was expecting $80 million....

with option year it could go to 90...who knows...yanks need him

and watch, all we get is...not a good deal for the yanks

yeah, an all star catcher, who hits lefty with power and can play defense..and have him catch for 3 years and then shift him to first...

guy plays hard...a great addition...anti yank fans will rip that and every pick up they make

when can you recall them saying good deal in the past 4 years.

try none.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Marcus Hook, PA

#297608 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the Russell Martin who in 2013 hit .226 along with a .327 OBP & a RISP of .192? That all for $10 million? A cruel joke?...
So we get McCann even though it's for more money than I thought, but im happy overall....

So does this means Stewart is definitely gone, and Murphy Romine are on the trading block? Even though the roster is still at 39 (without Brendan Ryan), could they just DFA Stewart and add McCann, or does McCann have to take the empty spot?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#297609 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't state "need the money". DET has only so many financial resources @ their disposal. There's Scherzer next season with Mig & Iglesias in the next 2 seasons. Add Austin Jackson going into his Arb years. Even with the additional $25 million in national broadcast revenue starting next season, that doesn't cover all those increases in salaries...
Don't have gas (all electric) to turn off. Would recommend for you to check your end...
Oh knock it off. Youre going around in circles again to justify your stupid trade proposal. Its just plain dumb.

If they need the money to sign Miggy and Scherzererer how about they just not spend the 50m or so they are under last years salary or hey when Miggys contract is up they only have 64m commited which is what a third of luxtax cap?

Just shut up about and walk away from your inane Porcello thing...youre making a fool of yourself

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#297610 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you didn't realize Porcello is in the arb years. DET has no need to expand their payroll to $10 million next season on a #5t SP...
Another thing, EASE UP...

I enjoy posting sports with you...you are not a yank, met or sox fan..its facts, and your opinion...

no taunts or name calling...

but it gets old with certain fans of a certain team, name calling comes out when you dare question them...

hey if I am wrong, I am wrong...big deal...its all about the talking of sports and ideas...

not some life or death and personal attacks...

personally, I look forward to your take on various sports and some of our other posters, fu, Harley, dell,bhj,paul, Donnie, ol no name, and various others

you are one of the few who even chat horses which I enjoy...for me, opener at the big m, for harness horses which is my real big love from long island...I have several pals racing some horses tonight and will look at it on twin spires and later on taped from tvg and sny...

keep your opinions going in here...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#297611 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you didn't realize Porcello is in the arb years. DET has no need to expand their payroll to $10 million next season on a #5t SP...
Another thing, EASE UP...
10m? go do the numbers again, he isn't getting his salary doubled
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#297612 Nov 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, an all star catcher, who hits lefty with power and can play defense..and have him catch for 3 years and then shift him to first...
guy plays hard...a great addition...anti yank fans will rip that and every pick up they make
try none.
You forgot: he'll hit 30 in Yankee Stadium
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#297613 Nov 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>

try none.
Sometimes, the good deals are the ones you don't do. Like signing Russell Martin...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#297614 Nov 23, 2013
http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2013/11/report-...

looks like McCann is a yankee

5 yrs...85 mil...option for 6th year
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#297615 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the Russell Martin who in 2013 hit .226 along with a .327 OBP & a RISP of .192? That all for $10 million? A cruel joke?...
The Yankees just bought a .250 hitter with occasional pop for $100m

Given that he hasn't caught 130 games since 2010 and only drove in 2 runs more than Russel Martin last season Is he really worth a potencial $90m more on a contract?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#297616 Nov 23, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> So we get McCann even though it's for more money than I thought, but im happy overall....
So does this means Stewart is definitely gone, and Murphy Romine are on the trading block? Even though the roster is still at 39 (without Brendan Ryan), could they just DFA Stewart and add McCann, or does McCann have to take the empty spot?

stewart will be gone...my guess...McCann will need to be added...whether its romine or cervilli one is the back up...murphy stays at aaa...

only minor toss in trade value for yanks..sanchez is very young and would be 3 yrs out anyway..and McCann will shift to first as teix will be gone...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#297617 Nov 23, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
10m? go do the numbers again, he isn't getting his salary doubled
You know what Porcello's arb # is?...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#297618 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes, the good deals are the ones you don't do. Like signing Russell Martin...
I hear ya...I said no way do they force themselves and sign him

although he was missed last year as the catching spot was a dark hole...

but, the yanks had other holes...and even having him would not have helped and then they could not get McCann who is better then he is anyway..

Atlanta had good pitching and lets just say, McCann helped...

he will really like yankee stadium for hitting.

what I like is...move on to something else...and he sets the stage for salty to go

and oh, yeah, back up ross at catcher for the sox and Laverne and Shirley...sorry, but salty or even McCann would be way better...

Maybe the sox get AJ the catcher last year from texas now...

I hope there is no stupid spin on how good the sox catching is currently.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#297619 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Then 29 teams just got a great deal by not giving McCann $100m
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#297620 Nov 23, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> So we get McCann even though it's for more money than I thought, but im happy overall....

This was a FA deal NYY needed to make. Not surprised by the additional $5 million or the vesting option...

Stewart won't be tendered. McCann takes his spot on the 25. DFA means you can try to deal a player in 10 days after being designated. Think Murphy is the better bet to get moved. He did have good #'s @ Trenton in 2013...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#297621 Nov 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
try none.
Good post and we already know what's going to be said.... Yanks overpaid him and this won't work.... Same old things....

Fresh signing by the Yanks..... After 3 or 4 seasons he may end up at 1st or in the full time DH role, or do a little of both, which is why this was a great move to sign him...... A solid lefty power is what we needed and we got it....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#297622 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what Porcello's arb # is?...
He's at his 3rd arb made $5m last year and is NOT going to get his salary doubled next season like you stated.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#297623 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>
The Yankees just bought a .250 hitter with occasional pop for $100m

Given that he hasn't caught 130 games since 2010 and only drove in 2 runs more than Russel Martin last season Is he really worth a potencial $90m more on a contract?
Martin appeared in over 20 more games than McCann in 2013...

Think McCann is worth, at most,$60 million/5 years for the reasons you stated. Comes down to desperation. NYY has no options & overpaid in my view...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#297624 Nov 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya...I said no way do they force themselves and sign him
although he was missed last year as the catching spot was a dark hole...
but, the yanks had other holes...and even having him would not have helped and then they could not get McCann who is better then he is anyway..
Atlanta had good pitching and lets just say, McCann helped...
he will really like yankee stadium for hitting.
what I like is...move on to something else...and he sets the stage for salty to go
and oh, yeah, back up ross at catcher for the sox and Laverne and Shirley...sorry, but salty or even McCann would be way better...
Maybe the sox get AJ the catcher last year from texas now...
I hope there is no stupid spin on how good the sox catching is currently.
Even though Salty's defensive numbers have always been iffy at best he caught more games and put up better numbers with the bat than McCann did.

I'm not saying he's a bad player or it isn't a move the Yanks didn't need to make...just $100m for McCann is an overpay for sure and another DH in a couple of years.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#297625 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh knock it off. Youre going around in circles again to justify your stupid trade proposal. Its just plain dumb.

If they need the money to sign Miggy and Scherzererer how about they just not spend the 50m or so they are under last years salary or hey when Miggys contract is up they only have 64m commited which is what a third of luxtax cap?

Just shut up about and walk away from your inane Porcello thing...youre making a fool of yourself
Not dumb & you have no facts to support as such...

How do you propose DET not spend the $50 millon? What abou those contracts that have automatic raises?...

Shut up? Nah...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#297626 Nov 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
stewart will be gone...my guess...McCann will need to be added...whether its romine or cervilli one is the back up...murphy stays at aaa...
only minor toss in trade value for yanks..sanchez is very young and would be 3 yrs out anyway..and McCann will shift to first as teix will be gone...
So McCann will be the catcher for 3 or 4 years...... By that time Sanchez will be 23 or 24 which is the perfect age for him to become the full time catcher.... Maybe and hopefully.....

So think Sanchez will be safe for the future and it puts lets pressure on him to be ready in a year or two..... Wow and this sounds better than I could imagine.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 9 min Guinness Drinker 18,384
News How Will NBC Handle Drug Pushers, Slave Drivers... 11 min jimi-yank 12
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 19 min Go Blue Forever 2,260
News FEMA to give $3 billion to NYCHA for Hurricane ... 20 min jimi-yank 3
Poll Do you want to date someone after 50 years old? 36 min Fina 1
Jews Move Right! (Dec '11) 1 hr jimi-yank 4
Poll Would you participate in a class action law sui... (Apr '13) Feb '15 Leeann 64
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]