Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#297534 Nov 23, 2013
TMAN_Mets wrote:
it appeers 2 people are plotting agaenst the forum by talking it up in pvt notes. that post will be saved

appeers?? appears you mean? against?? or is it against....

so uneducated

get out of this profile and get back in your momma one you fat coward

say, do you like my profile pic of you fattie??

the lori pic in the jet forum is hot..a tad fat, but hey...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#297535 Nov 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
http://nypost.com/2013/11/22/e xecs-fear-tanaka-deal-could-br eak-bank-for-his-new-team/
did I hear some moron say the yanks asleep when vargas went to kc??
really?? 32 mil?
you are kidding...this article explain a tad about the high prices going out...
Hold on a sec..32m for 4 years is 8m per...for a proven innings eater...Yanks need long innings guys and will pay 2 for 1 on short deals in relation to the Vargas deal AND/OR pay Tanaka about 1 and a half that yearly rate plus posting fee for an UNPROVEN guy

and you call me a moron.

right...are you looking in a mirror when you say that?
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#297536 Nov 23, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Even though im not a fan of Saltys defense he does help us in other areas we desperately need at the moment..... McCann won't get a $100 million from the NYY....

Now they are reports saying that Beltran is not looking for a 4yr deal.... 2 year deal at the most for his age despite his production.... Yanks could sneak in there with a 2 yr deal like we said, but someone may give him a 3 year deal....
It's usually about who blinks 1st. NYY can make anyone blink given their history. Most likely McCann won't see $100 million guaranteed unless the 1 dumb owner decides otherwise...

May have been Beltran's people initially floating a trial balloon on 4 years. Don't see him getting more than 2 years guaranteed...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#297537 Nov 23, 2013
Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
Can never spend too much on pitching. Citi is a pitchers park, you'd think all the good pitchers would want to go there. Price could easily be a 18-20 game winner there.
I like Nathan. Balfour has too much baggage. How about Joaquin Benoit? Always liked his stuff. He's clutch...
I'd take Balfour over Benoit who melts down once a year.

Mets seem to fear the long term contract and given their recent history you can understand why. Fine just start signing guys.

Since: Oct 13

Plainview, NY

#297538 Nov 23, 2013
It's 50 degrees sun is shining I might get 9 in. Any word on Cano ? Are we still biding against ourselves ?
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#297539 Nov 23, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on a sec..32m for 4 years is 8m per...for a proven innings eater...Yanks need long innings guys and will pay 2 for 1 on short deals in relation to the Vargas deal AND/OR pay Tanaka about 1 and a half that yearly rate plus posting fee for an UNPROVEN guy

and you call me a moron.

right...are you looking in a mirror when you say that?
Proven innings eater? You sure about that?...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/v...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#297540 Nov 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
uribe? a tad old...and the dodgers might want him back
yanks just have to wait on the third base thing..if arod gets away with it, fine...he is going to hit 15-20 plus homers and bat 270-280...
if not, yanks still might be able to get one thru trade or signing...
That bad thing is that it's going to be a while before we find out what's going to happen with A Rod... Hopefully we done miss out on any possible steals or deals.....

Now there are reports that Cano took a private jet to Detroit.... Not sure what's that about, but you know how the rumors fly....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#297541 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Proven innings eater? You sure about that?...
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/v...
yeah. one year missed out of about 200 IP with more than 30 starts is a proven innings eater.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#297542 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
It's usually about who blinks 1st. NYY can make anyone blink given their history. Most likely McCann won't see $100 million guaranteed unless the 1 dumb owner decides otherwise...
May have been Beltran's people initially floating a trial balloon on 4 years. Don't see him getting more than 2 years guaranteed...
5yr $85 million year for McCann is the offer I think is good for him from the NYY.... I agree about that one dumb owner who would go higher than that.....

Beltran better take what he can gets at this point... Tigers making room for Cano?... That's what some reports are saying especially since they moved Prince which got rid of $168 million off their payroll.... It's all speculation though.....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#297543 Nov 23, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> That bad thing is that it's going to be a while before we find out what's going to happen with A Rod... Hopefully we done miss out on any possible steals or deals.....
Now there are reports that Cano took a private jet to Detroit.... Not sure what's that about, but you know how the rumors fly....
What Cano suppose to take the bus now the Yanks won't cough up?
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#297544 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Lol good one..... Yanks aren't coughing up anything at the moment.... Especially not $300 million.....

$200 million maybe, but I would only give him $180 million.... Im not sure what they will do.... What do you think?$180 million should be enough.....
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#297545 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>
yeah. one year missed out of about 200 IP with more than 30 starts is a proven innings eater.
Have to have more than 2 seasons to be considered an innings eater. His other #'s like H/9, HR/9 & WHIP are borderline awful. He received a gift that keeps on giving for the next 4 years...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#297546 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Lol good one..... Yanks aren't coughing up anything at the moment.... Especially not $300 million.....

$200 million maybe, but I would only give him $180 million.... Im not sure what they will do.... What do you think?$180 million should be enough.....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#297547 Nov 23, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Lol good one..... Yanks aren't coughing up anything at the moment.... Especially not $300 million.....
Maybe 180m seems right but I doubt he thinks so.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#297548 Nov 23, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> 5yr $85 million year for McCann is the offer I think is good for him from the NYY.... I agree about that one dumb owner who would go higher than that.....

Beltran better take what he can gets at this point... Tigers making room for Cano?... That's what some reports are saying especially since they moved Prince which got rid of $168 million off their payroll.... It's all speculation though.....
Don't think NYY or any team interested in McCann should offer more than $80 million/5 years...

Beltran can sit back & field the offers. There's genuine interest from @ least 3 teams. He's not looking for the same money/years as Ellsbury & Shin. No need for him to decide @ this time...

It's actually $138 million DET saved. They're sending $30 million to TEX as part of the trade over the course of Fielder's contract. Don't see DET ultimately involved. They'll listen to the pitch if there's acutally a pitch & not a rumor. They freed up that money to sign Scherzer...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#297550 Nov 23, 2013
Both NYM & NYY should look in his direction. Team would have 3 years of control before his FA year...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/p...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#297551 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to have more than 2 seasons to be considered an innings eater. His other #'s like H/9, HR/9 & WHIP are borderline awful. He received a gift that keeps on giving for the next 4 years...

exactly
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#297552 Nov 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly
Explain yourself. What is exactly right about that?

NYSOM got caught talking in circles like he does. Vargas is hardly a frontliner but look what Hudson got $23, for 2 years and he hasn't made 30 starts in 2 seasons...

8m per is a fair price on Vargas and could be VERY beneficial moving ahead seeing as guys of his mold like say Wandy are on 12m plus towards where he'll be at the end of his contract.

Yanks back end today consists of Pineda Warren and Phelps..ANY of those guys gonna make 30 starts 200 IP?

you're just mad because I took offence to your moron remark and returned it to you.

Get use to it you are a moron.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#297553 Nov 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly
If the Yanks would have signed him I bet no one would have said he was a inning eater.... He would have been a bum.....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#297554 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
Both NYM & NYY should look in his direction. Team would have 3 years of control before his FA year...
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/p...
Well aren't his H/9, HR/9 & WHIP "borderline awful"??

Some might go as far to say Vargas has better numbers. And considering he pitches nearly a full inning deeper per start I'd say that.

even if Detroit were to trade him the Yankees have nothing comparable in value moving forward so whats your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Chelsea (Nov '13) 20 min Crodri518 30
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 23 min jimi-yank 40,084
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 42 min SweLL GirL 15,359
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 47 min GEORGIA 14,572
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 54 min Bloody Bill Anderson 10,942
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 57 min OzRitz 60,008
News CNN's Reality Check Team vets Trump's claims 5 hr Cat74 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages