Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#296819 Nov 13, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that there is mutual interest between rendan Ryan and the Yankees. He says that a deal could happen quickly, so before we know it, Ryan could be back with the team in 2014.
Having Brendan Ryan back will go a long way toward shoring up shortstop on a part-time basis. Derek Jeter might be back on a $12 million contract, but the Yankees will need someone who can handle short in case Jeter can't play full-time.
Ryan has the most defensive runs saved (95) and best UZR/150 (11.6) out of any other shortstop over the last five seasons. He might be the best defensive shortstop in baseball, but he's been the fourth worst offensive shortstop since 2009, so while he might be more than a defensive replacement, he's not a starter. As valuable as he will be to the Yankees in 2014, if Jeter has another season like 2013, Yankee fans will be very unhappy if they have to see Brendan Ryan at the plate day in and day out.
In my opinion, Ryan should thank Nunez..... If not for Nunezís ridiculously bad fielding, I doubt that the NYY would have obtained Ryan or be interested in signing him long term..... Also no Ichy contract either....
He'll be a good signing and can play other infield positions

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#296820 Nov 13, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Something you would say...lets recap from this AM.
The pre trip/no PC access tough guy talk.
Fake proxies.
Tag team tough guy talk and name calling.
I miss anything?

nope, right again...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#296821 Nov 13, 2013
Ol No Name wrote:
<quoted text>
Just be forewarned. I'm not expecting you but I'm fully prepared for you. Things will happen a lot faster than you think they will. All I have to do is see your face & I have you on stalking charges. I'm sure my buddies can come up with a few more charges on their own. Don't say I didn't give you the heads-up.
Defend your honor? I'd suggest you save your ass instead...

he will never show....bet on it.

matter of fact, you see the innocent bs...if he was so innocent then he has zero fear of the police...they would be on his side

but, since he is guilty as hell, he will never ever show up

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#296822 Nov 13, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes I wonder how you got this far in life. My use of the word "maybe" in the Jets forum was more towards ETR going. I'm going regardless. Like how I went last time I was in NY. A few of my friends are also going like last time back in 2010 on my last NY visit. Hoepfully Don and whoever does show up. I guarantee no one will talk to me in a hostile way. And of course I will be my usual friendly self.
And for the record, if you ever lied about me on here using serious felony charges and posted in a serious like manner and tone, for sure, I would have went to your home as to confront you over this. I think anyone should actually. Defend your honor.

this happened in march..why no trip then? its cheap...for a rich guy like you

reason 1

guilty

reason 2

dada pays the plane tickets

reason 3

jail

did I miss something?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#296823 Nov 13, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>

ryan can really field well...the other yanks complimented him

he is a good signing, lets see it get done..
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#296824 Nov 13, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I'm not disagreeing with you.... I just don't want them to give him the type of cash they gave Ichy.....

Is he a eveyday shortstop?.... Also Jeter would need cover less ground at 3B & Ryan is a good defensive SS. I wonder if Jeter would accept the move..... I think he would....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#296825 Nov 13, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
nope, right again...
You know Unbiased isn't showing up for a fight.... Even the former wrestler screaming Norman Smiley, aka Warren Moon, has more balls that he does.... Lol.....

I agree with you and Fu about signing Bryan.... So that means Jeter will more than likely DH most the year with 50 starts at short at the most?...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#296826 Nov 13, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Oh I'm not disagreeing with you.... I just don't want them to give him the type of cash they gave Ichy.....
Is he a eveyday shortstop?.... Also Jeter would need cover less ground at 3B & Ryan is a good defensive SS. I wonder if Jeter would accept the move..... I think he would....

he is not asking for itchy money..lol
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#296827 Nov 13, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Oh I'm not disagreeing with you.... I just don't want them to give him the type of cash they gave Ichy.....

Ryan was paid $3.25 million last season. Wouldn't pay him half that...

If he was an everyday SS, SEA wouldn't have traded him to NYY in Sep...
Yankee Fans Are Fucktards

New York, NY

#296828 Nov 13, 2013
Another great Series without the Pinstriped Pedophiles!

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#296829 Nov 13, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> You know Unbiased isn't showing up for a fight.... Even the former wrestler screaming Norman Smiley, aka Warren Moon, has more balls that he does.... Lol.....
I agree with you and Fu about signing Bryan.... So that means Jeter will more than likely DH most the year with 50 starts at short at the most?...

no one knows what Derek can do, dh, play, play ss...who knows...I will see him in spring training as I go to 4 or 5 games and the practices...

no one knows until then. which no doubt bothers cash and the steins...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#296830 Nov 13, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
he is not asking for itchy money..lol
I'm glad he's not because we made that mistake numerous times.... We need to resign Nix too....
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#296831 Nov 13, 2013
Interesting read about "Sensational" Cito Culver from Aug 2013...

Where's Damon the Dope to answer for this? Nope, all on Mark Newman...

"It's also not like Culver got hot for a couple weeks to earn the promotion to High-A. He hit .239/.293/.272 with just one extra-base hit in his final 23 games with the RiverDogs. No matter how you look at it, Culver's struggles with the bat are pretty alarming. Even last year around this time, scout Mike Newman suggested the Yankees would benefit by making him transition back to the mound "sooner rather than later." Remember, Culver hit 92-94 mph off the mound before he got drafted. I'm not sure if they'll make the move just yet, but you have to wonder if they ever will considering we're dealing with someone who has a career MiLB OPS of just .638 in over 1,500 career plate attempts. Either way, it's nice to finally see Cito reach Tampa, even if it may be just a courtesy promotion."
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#296832 Nov 13, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan was paid $3.25 million last season. Wouldn't pay him half that...
If he was an everyday SS, SEA wouldn't have traded him to NYY in Sep...
I agree...$1.5 million maybe for him.... He does play different positions and his defense is good also....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#296833 Nov 13, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
Interesting read about "Sensational" Cito Culver from Aug 2013...
Where's Damon the Dope to answer for this? Nope, all on Mark Newman...
"It's also not like Culver got hot for a couple weeks to earn the promotion to High-A. He hit .239/.293/.272 with just one extra-base hit in his final 23 games with the RiverDogs. No matter how you look at it, Culver's struggles with the bat are pretty alarming. Even last year around this time, scout Mike Newman suggested the Yankees would benefit by making him transition back to the mound "sooner rather than later." Remember, Culver hit 92-94 mph off the mound before he got drafted. I'm not sure if they'll make the move just yet, but you have to wonder if they ever will considering we're dealing with someone who has a career MiLB OPS of just .638 in over 1,500 career plate attempts. Either way, it's nice to finally see Cito reach Tampa, even if it may be just a courtesy promotion."

it never ends..and both still have jobs...they must have pics on the steins
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#296834 Nov 13, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
it never ends..and both still have jobs...they must have pics on the steins
Looks like both dodged...

http://www.pinstripealley.com/minor-leagues/2...

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#296835 Nov 13, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive never seen a GM so willing to seperate himself from ownership in the press.
Sandy just ended talks with Peralta a couple of hours ago, God I hope we don't sign him. Sandy's phone continues to ring off the hook regarding the young arms thay have and of course Parnell, Murph and Big Ike who may end up in Tampa in the Price deal brewing if only Tampa could get off Montero. More good news.. Matt will start his serious re-hab early December a month ahead of schedule, kids amazing hoping for an August return, the doctors told Sandy and Terry not to be surprised but he's that far ahead of schedule as the tear was minimal and surgery minor. Sandy chuckled and said he'd think about it. My feeling is they'll hold him back till 2015, with the stable of pitchers they have no need to rush him.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#296836 Nov 13, 2013
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/11/red-sox...

red soxies offer salty a 2 year deal

lets see if he takes it, I recall him saying he would take less to be a soxie...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#296837 Nov 13, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Sandy just ended talks with Peralta a couple of hours ago, God I hope we don't sign him. Sandy's phone continues to ring off the hook regarding the young arms thay have and of course Parnell, Murph and Big Ike who may end up in Tampa in the Price deal brewing if only Tampa could get off Montero. More good news.. Matt will start his serious re-hab early December a month ahead of schedule, kids amazing hoping for an August return, the doctors told Sandy and Terry not to be surprised but he's that far ahead of schedule as the tear was minimal and surgery minor. Sandy chuckled and said he'd think about it. My feeling is they'll hold him back till 2015, with the stable of pitchers they have no need to rush him.

hahahahahaha, old news, its all over the net
and has been for a while now..

and sandy is down here, where I was earlier

you have nothing to do with them its been exposed a few times now fatty...

get lost you lying coward..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#296838 Nov 13, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Sandy just ended talks with Peralta a couple of hours ago, God I hope we don't sign him. Sandy's phone continues to ring off the hook regarding the young arms thay have and of course Parnell, Murph and Big Ike who may end up in Tampa in the Price deal brewing if only Tampa could get off Montero. More good news.. Matt will start his serious re-hab early December a month ahead of schedule, kids amazing hoping for an August return, the doctors told Sandy and Terry not to be surprised but he's that far ahead of schedule as the tear was minimal and surgery minor. Sandy chuckled and said he'd think about it. My feeling is they'll hold him back till 2015, with the stable of pitchers they have no need to rush him.

"my feeling" lmfao..its been reported for a long time now..2015 dope...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Susanm 322,226
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr what a russsh 18,914
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr what a russsh 17,757
President Trump==>>the Former YUGOSLAVS ARE NOT... 1 hr Pinhead 2
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Pinhead 45,905
ROY - '' But I HAD their Mothers' Persimmons '... 2 hr The Last Warrior ... 4
We VS We (Nov '09) 4 hr 2 Dogs 2,680

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance