#296554 Nov 11, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
did not know if you saw my post
belated happy birthday!!
and
Happy veterans day!!
to the forum marine!!
Don't forget about Raw and NFL.tonight... I have the Bucs winning.... If they don't win then they are going 0-16 on the year lol.....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#296555 Nov 11, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Don't forget about Raw and NFL.tonight... I have the Bucs winning.... If they don't win then they are going 0-16 on the year lol.....

looking forward to raw overseas...the results are in already and I wont spoil it for you as its on tape delay for a bit now

and I agree, tampa should win easy with 2 offensive linemen down...not to mention the mind set of the dolphin players...

might also be some hockey and baseketball on too! gotta check...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#296556 Nov 11, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> This is a perfect case of thanking God a players age will eventually get him moved..... Also a change of scenery may benefit him.... Mostly benefit the NYY....

lets not forget good bye to joba..

Since: Oct 13

Plainview, NY

#296557 Nov 11, 2013
I've been golfing in honor of the veterans did we sign Cano yet, are we still biding against ourselves ?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#296558 Nov 11, 2013
Ted Williams frozen head wrote:
I've been golfing in honor of the veterans did we sign Cano yet, are we still biding against ourselves ?

fatty!!! new profile..
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#296559 Nov 11, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
BP is already headed in the right direction with Hughes and Jaba gone.... As for Granderson possibly being a Met, it's possible.... Not sure if he will fit there though, but we shall see.....

I will check out some NBA action as well.... Wouldn't shock me if the Dolphins won though.... The Bucs have actually lead in the 4th in 6 of their losses.... Hopefully then can get this one.....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#296560 Nov 12, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Have the pats won 3 in a row yet?
Yeah they have..in fact 4 in a row. Tell ya something they haven't done...lost 3 in a row...twice in a row..like the Giants. Ofer6..thats crap and only a kiddie table goof like you would beat his chest over it.

In fact the Pats haven't lost 3 ....and go for 3 in a row this weekend against the Panthers who have ridden a record against losing teams into 4 in a row, then a fifth win against the hot and cold Niners...whoopieeee.

Go back to the kiddie table.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#296561 Nov 12, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Have the pats won 3 in a row yet?
Oh boo hoo Eli won 2 Superbowls..

Now you don't need to reply I did it for you.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#296562 Nov 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
http://nypost.com/2013/11/11/m ets-to-speak-with-granderson-a fter-he-rebuffs-yanks/
great news!!!! "granderhorrible" to meet with the metsies...
they sign him and fatty will be doing rat time posts once again, late at night when no one on line...
In all fairness his dig was 'Granderhorrible trade'. I don't think he's a player I would sign if I was Sandy..the Ks are way too much,he can't play CF anymore and he can't lead off.

The Jason Bay lesson redux perhaps...be interesting if the Mets go there...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#296563 Nov 12, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I agree and I was just throwing it out there about him being a Met who has expressed interests in him..... Could he dare I say be a Red Sox?.... Not sure, but we shall see.....
Ah no. No possible way Granderson will be in a Red Sox uniform.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#296564 Nov 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
That will be tough...after all he was your 20 game winner ...closer apparent...

I never saw it, do have to say inning for inning he had some scary stuff sometimes. Unfortunatly he was crap the rest of the time.

Hey Walking Dead...why if youre in a prison do you prop the bars with wood? Seems to me you have tons of steel spikes... loads of industrial laundry detergent and cooking oil which is the base element of napalm. Still you let the threat knock down the front door before you react...and that herd is on the way...

Best offense is a good defence.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#296565 Nov 12, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
In all fairness his dig was 'Granderhorrible trade'. I don't think he's a player I would sign if I was Sandy..the Ks are way too much,he can't play CF anymore and he can't lead off.
The Jason Bay lesson redux perhaps...be interesting if the Mets go there...

strikes out too much. can't play center. can't lead off

in other words a bad signing. Of course in fairness, willing to bet his rip of grandy was more then the "trade"...

bottom line, all we heard from him was the massive spending sandy would do and get any player...

now, its maybe get the payroll to 90 mil and watch the pennies..

I am sure david wright is a happy camper as he was promised when he was signed they would do anything and spend to get better

wilpons one of the worst owners in the majors...every sport has them and ny is blessed with a couple of winners in jimmy dolan and the wilpons. You also have the islander and jet franchises with no rings since the mid 80's for one and the other is 1969.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#296566 Nov 12, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That will be tough...after all he was your 20 game winner ...closer apparent...
I never saw it, do have to say inning for inning he had some scary stuff sometimes. Unfortunatly he was crap the rest of the time.
Hey Walking Dead...why if youre in a prison do you prop the bars with wood? Seems to me you have tons of steel spikes... loads of industrial laundry detergent and cooking oil which is the base element of napalm. Still you let the threat knock down the front door before you react...and that herd is on the way...
Best offense is a good defence.

joba? since his last injury, the one with him playing with his kid in that play house, he has been useless. could he hit 96...yup..could he put it where he wanted. nope. did he gag in pressure situations...yup...

best of luck to a guy who did have talent and either just lost it or blew it.

as for the walking dead, you have to understand a few things. who knows the true timeline of things. was it 2 years since the disease happened? did others strip part of the prison? as for the napalm effect, maybe it sets off a major fire that cannot be controlled..and fire does not kill walkers, head shots do...it wont stop them from coming in and you can use the fire, lets say

for how long?

or, maybe they used the spare steel for other things...and spikes wont stop them...it seems like thousands...recall the trip to the college and when the car turned the corner you saw thousands and thousands of walkers...

the interesting thing will be weapons...they will run out of ammo soon. they only took so much from that guy who went nuts...

and of course, our hero, lol..the governor is back, a true nut job who will cause a lot of hell. 2 more major characters from the comics are due to arrive this season...maybe its now time for that.

and, oh..daryl will be one pissed off guy...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#296567 Nov 12, 2013
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/me...

here it is...sandy set to spend 30 mil

wow. so much for the during the season chat of sandy spending a lot...even though supposedly they have money to burn...

that locks out choo and els for sure...think bargain basement stuff and maybe a trade

oh, trout and Stanton?? dream on as they will demand huge paychecks soon enough and the mets will not be players in that. besides with only Montero being the chip offered it wont happen.
NYStateOfMind

Brooklyn, NY

#296568 Nov 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/spo rts/baseball/mets/mets-alderso n-eager-offseason-splash-artic le-1.1513784

here it is...sandy set to spend 30 mil

wow. so much for the during the season chat of sandy spending a lot...even though supposedly they have money to burn...

that locks out choo and els for sure...think bargain basement stuff and maybe a trade

oh, trout and Stanton?? dream on as they will demand huge paychecks soon enough and the mets will not be players in that. besides with only Montero being the chip offered it wont happen.
With the $50 million coming off the books from Johan & Bay, they have about $20 million or so to spend on their arb eligible players. That leaves the $30 million to spend on FA's/trades...

Will be interesting to see who NYM signs & sells that to their fan base...

“No Lying”

Since: Oct 07

And Never Fooled

#296569 Nov 12, 2013
finsruleheatrule wrote:
<quoted text>
If? You mean when. I work for the law enforcement here in beautiful south Florida and we are aware of this guy. Bad news. I assume it's just a matter of time before someone puts him in a cell. I think he would get along just fine with the inmates in a particular one close by a certain place.
Come down to the Las Olas Riverfront. You can use your badge to get access here. Lets see what you say to my face. I'll be around all day today and tomorrow

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#296570 Nov 12, 2013
Snowing already in LI I see. Now I'm going to be in a real piss/sed off mood all day

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#296571 Nov 12, 2013
Hey Brookhaven, don't forget to shovel your walkway into your place of business. Maybe also drop a little salt to melt the ice. I hate the snow

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#296572 Nov 12, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
With the $50 million coming off the books from Johan & Bay, they have about $20 million or so to spend on their arb eligible players. That leaves the $30 million to spend on FA's/trades...
Will be interesting to see who NYM signs & sells that to their fan base...

Some of the fan base had been predicting that when David Wright was signed, they would spend more money then the 30 mil. We all saw the fan predictions in this forum of massive spending...

You have to wonder what David Wright is thinking at this point..was he sold a bill of goods that just wont happen? Wasn't he promised they would not hold back and spend money to improve the club? 30 mil is not enough to really improve that team and contend with the top 2...can they be better then the aging phils and stripped marlins?

yeah, but that wont be hard.

I actually think the trade route could improve this team. Of course it would need radical thinking and letting go more then just 1 chip in the minors.
NYStateOfMind

Brooklyn, NY

#296573 Nov 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the fan base had been predicting that when David Wright was signed, they would spend more money then the 30 mil. We all saw the fan predictions in this forum of massive spending...

You have to wonder what David Wright is thinking at this point..was he sold a bill of goods that just wont happen? Wasn't he promised they would not hold back and spend money to improve the club? 30 mil is not enough to really improve that team and contend with the top 2...can they be better then the aging phils and stripped marlins?

yeah, but that wont be hard.

I actually think the trade route could improve this team. Of course it would need radical thinking and letting go more then just 1 chip in the minors.
To me, there isn't an FA OF in this group that justifies 9 figures guaranteed. Can understand Alderson's view not to overspend on either Ellsbury or Shin. If their number/years maxed out @$75 million/5, then that would make sense financially. Any more is overpaying & it looks like that will be the case with Ellsbury & Shin...

Obvious NYM needs a corner OF. Best for them to inquire on Ethier. That's a contract they can manage. If they're giving up on Tejada @ SS, have to go after either Drew or Peralta. Drew's stock is climbing to where some team may need to go a 4th year. Not sure NYM wants to go 4. Peralta may be their best option if NYM is comfortable with his involvement with Biogenesis...

Can see Murphy being moved for some prospects or OF help. Don't get why Parnell is even being discussed in trades. They've waited for him to become consistent & now that he has, he's being rumored to go...

If Haren is amenable to a 1 year deal, NYM should be in on that. Think Arroyo, who I think would be a great fit for NYM, is going to get a minimum of 2 year offer from some good teams. That may be more than NYM want to commit...

Think Alderson wants to be active but not @ any expense. It doesn't need to be built all in 1 season. Think David Wright understands that. Just start the process of bringing in better players. The recent history of NYM signing FA's that haven't worked in their favor. He's made good trades (Wheeler/Syndergaard). Agree that may be their best option to bring in better talent by trades...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 63,856
So is Trump friendly and colluding with Russia ... 3 hr Vladimir Joe 1
Time to go? (Jun '15) 3 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 13,388
News Rev. Al Sharpton demands justice for Eric Garne... (Jul '14) 4 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 78
News At rural Upstate NY barn, cock-fighters attache... 4 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 17
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 6 hr Paul Yanks 45,055
We VS We (Nov '09) 6 hr ILAL 2,522

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages