Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#289846 Aug 31, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
If the drive & traffic are 2 of the issues for the locals, seems the majority of the fanbase is north & east of St. Pete...

It is. Huge base in tampa/lakeland orlando. Also north as in pasco county. Bradenton and north sarasota take I-75 to 275 and its highway and the bridge. Toll however.

Best spot first talked about was fairgrounds by I-4 and I-75. Now its by channelside area. Another was by the airport/bay.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#289847 Aug 31, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
It is. Huge base in tampa/lakeland orlando. Also north as in pasco county. Bradenton and north sarasota take I-75 to 275 and its highway and the bridge. Toll however.

Best spot first talked about was fairgrounds by I-4 and I-75. Now its by channelside area. Another was by the airport/bay.
If a stadium was built on I4 between Orlando & Tampa. would that work or does the stadium need to be built in Tampa?...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#289848 Aug 31, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like both mayoral candidates favor the Rays to explore sites outside of St. Pete as long as they get a reasonable return...
Don't think a baseball stadium in FL can be built without some form of cover...

I think the first snippet I saw of a roundtable discussion 2 candidates did not. Since then its changed as to what demands are being asked.(Primary)

Bottom line it has to go to one of the 3 areas I mentioned earlier.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#289849 Aug 31, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
If a stadium was built on I4 between Orlando & Tampa. would that work or does the stadium need to be built in Tampa?...

In lakeland? Maybe. Easy drive for the orlando tampa faction. Mid point but lakeland not that big. Maybe a bit west of that.

Personally I think the fairgrounds at I-4 and I-75 is the best traffic wise for all.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#289850 Aug 31, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
In lakeland? Maybe. Easy drive for the orlando tampa faction. Mid point but lakeland not that big. Maybe a bit west of that.
Personally I think the fairgrounds at I-4 and I-75 is the best traffic wise for all.
Was mentioned here a while ago when Sternberg was making the rounds to NY sports talk media regarding a move between Tampa & Orlando. Think that would make most sense to try & get as much revenue from Orlando as possible...

Usually comes down to who puts up the most money...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#289851 Aug 31, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Was mentioned here a while ago when Sternberg was making the rounds to NY sports talk media regarding a move between Tampa & Orlando. Think that would make most sense to try & get as much revenue from Orlando as possible...
Usually comes down to who puts up the most money...

I have only seen 3 proposed areas. 3 I mentioned prior. That has been talked about as you mentioned. But no site like the others that I have seen. I think the proposed super rail project tampa to orlando would be perfect there and lakeland has a huge upside if they did it. A lot of ifs however.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#289852 Aug 31, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
I have only seen 3 proposed areas. 3 I mentioned prior. That has been talked about as you mentioned. But no site like the others that I have seen. I think the proposed super rail project tampa to orlando would be perfect there and lakeland has a huge upside if they did it. A lot of ifs however.
To be clear, it was mentioned as an option by someone in NY sports media. Sternberg said it was possible but his preference was to stay in the Tampa/St. Pete area...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Melrose Park, IL

#289854 Aug 31, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
NYY was 3.5 back 7 days ago. Must make their move now. Win 7 of the next 9 should put them in range with the top 4. Any less than 7 wins makes their chances for the post season more improbable...
Think they must sweep CWS to win 7 of their next 9...
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/wildcard.jsp...
Yanks may have to avg 5 runs or more because pitching has been very very shaky.... Kuroda and C.C mainly.... Andy has settled in as of late.... Nova has been great and Hughes sucks lol.....

Gotta make a run now because things won't get any easier when they travel on the road to Baltimore, Boston and Toronto..... This can be done.....

Kinda a role reversal for the Yanks..... First half of the season they struggled to score runs and pitching carried them..... Now they are scoring more runs and the pitching is not consistent..... I'm glad they are scoring runs though....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Melrose Park, IL

#289855 Aug 31, 2013
Nova has completed at least six innings in nine consecutive starts, and he's managed to hold the opponent to three earned runs or fewer eight times in that span. The right-hander has allowed just five home runs all season, and he's 4-2 with a career 4.95 ERA in 10 appearances against Baltimore....

Let's hope this continues..... Go Yanks....
Paul Yanks

Netherlands

#289856 Aug 31, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
he does it to bust your chops paul...the 2 clowns who have threatened you would never dare try and meet you to find out
of course they will choke at some point, its the history of that team. they have more then they have won championships...
its a great tradition.
Of course he does Jim.....and I give it right back.......tough for many to stick with weightlifting for a short period of time but 29 years.......sometimes I wonder how incredible that has been for me.......Aussie dope is afraid to post why he really is living in Australia......bet it some white collar crime no doubt.....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Melrose Park, IL

#289857 Aug 31, 2013
Yanks lead 1-0.... Cano with the 1 run single....
Paul Yanks

Netherlands

#289858 Aug 31, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
he does it to bust your chops paul...the 2 clowns who have threatened you would never dare try and meet you to find out
of course they will choke at some point, its the history of that team. they have more then they have won championships...
its a great tradition.
Of course the sox are gonna choke.....you're right its their history.....the one in 2011 was hysterical.......it lead them to the cellar and 2nd worst record in the AL in 2012.....I still laugh at those beantown idiots still saying Bucky efin Dent.....such losers a sox tradition.....lmfao
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Melrose Park, IL

#289859 Aug 31, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Of course he does Jim.....and I give it right back.......tough for many to stick with weightlifting for a short period of time but 29 years.......sometimes I wonder how incredible that has been for me.......Aussie dope is afraid to post why he really is living in Australia......bet it some white collar crime no doubt.....
What's up brother..... How are things with you and the family?..... That Aussie clown has a kangaroo stuck in his throat lol......

Yanks are in action right now..... Very important home stand for the Yanks.... So far so good.... One game at a time.... We are up 1-0...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#289860 Aug 31, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Of course he does Jim.....and I give it right back.......tough for many to stick with weightlifting for a short period of time but 29 years.......sometimes I wonder how incredible that has been for me.......Aussie dope is afraid to post why he really is living in Australia......bet it some white collar crime no doubt.....

I promise you this. Fattie will not meet anyone who he has threatened unless he drags junior for protection. As for mr down under you could be right.

Go yanks.
Paul Yanks

Netherlands

#289861 Aug 31, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> What's up brother..... How are things with you and the family?..... That Aussie clown has a kangaroo stuck in his throat lol......
Yanks are in action right now..... Very important home stand for the Yanks.... So far so good.... One game at a time.... We are up 1-0...
Things are going well Dell....how bout with you and your family? Nova has been the Yanks best pitcher over the last month.....Yanks need to go 7-3 on this home game stand.......DW is a bitter prick.....if the Aussie moron knows anything at all about the sox.......gonna know there is a very good chance of another sox choke.......history proves that in beantown......have fun my friend over this holiday weekend......
Paul Yanks

Netherlands

#289862 Aug 31, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
I promise you this. Fattie will not meet anyone who he has threatened unless he drags junior for protection. As for mr down under you could be right.
Go yanks.
Absolutely right my friend......fatso momma is and always has been afraid of his own fat shadow......I bet fatso always has his windows and doors dead bolted locked at all times......he knows Billy lives nearby and fatso is scared shitless.....too funny....The Aussie dope is just another clueless idiot like fatso.......again too funny....lmfao

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#289863 Aug 31, 2013
Cano!!! 2-0. Nova 8 strong!!!
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Norcross, GA

#289864 Aug 31, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Go yanks.
Yanks lead 2-0.... Hey didn't someone say the Yanks wouldn't get any homeruns today?.... Lol... Just saw Cano with a huge homer..... 25th of the year.....

That DW is a huge jinx...... Also I left you a comment on the page prior to this page.... Yanks 3 outs away from another great win....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Norcross, GA

#289865 Aug 31, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Things are going well Dell....how bout with you and your family? Nova has been the Yanks best pitcher over the last month.....Yanks need to go 7-3 on this home game stand.......DW is a bitter prick.....if the Aussie moron knows anything at all about the sox.......gonna know there is a very good chance of another sox choke.......history proves that in beantown......have fun my friend over this holiday weekend......
Everyone is good.... Thank God for that..... I'm glad to hear everything is good with you and the family.....

DW is bitter and praying the Yanks don't make the playoffs because he knows anything can happen.... Lol he's upset as we speak.....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Norcross, GA

#289866 Aug 31, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
Cano!!! 2-0. Nova 8 strong!!!
Wow Nova went 9 innings 3 hits 5 ks..... Excellent outing and excellent win by the Yanks.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jets talk back (Dec '07) 17 min Paul Yanks 13,717
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min Mothra 62,901
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 57 min Paul Yanks 1,283
Charlene Duggs Spills All on TRUMP ! 1 hr Slippery Slide Duggs 2
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr SweLL GirL 17,221
TRUMP can See RUSSIA from His Tower ! - Sarah P... 3 hr Vladimir Putin Ol... 2
Old Millenias Sax Toys ! 3 hr Old Millenias Bla... 3

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages