Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285926 Jul 25, 2013
Chase Whitley has entered the game for the Yankees AAA team today; might not be him going...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285927 Jul 25, 2013
Rumor is its Corey Black

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/play...

nice numbers in low ball

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#285928 Jul 26, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the other day the last RH HR was May 29th and it was Stewart...
I dunno...no risk I guess...doesn't help the 3B problem though and that should be a bigger concern

3rd base and catcher are needed bad... but it does help the rh power and power numbers. I bet he is a better dh then haffner.

bleacher report had 2 great ideas...freese of the cards and McCann of the braves..alot would have to be given up but both teams have guys who could play those spots now..gattis who hits a ton for the braves..and some other rookie for the cards..
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285929 Jul 26, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
3rd base and catcher are needed bad... but it does help the rh power and power numbers. I bet he is a better dh then haffner.
bleacher report had 2 great ideas...freese of the cards and McCann of the braves..alot would have to be given up but both teams have guys who could play those spots now..gattis who hits a ton for the braves..and some other rookie for the cards..
Read this Jimi..no BS...not gonna take shots on it.

>>And the idea of a delay terrifies the Yankees.

Major League Baseball can accuse Rodriguez of being a serial doper, introducing dozens of players to Biogenesis, and even attempting to destroy all of the evidence with suitcases full of cash.

>>>

okay take a deep breathe and realize the scope of what is being implied for the Yankees.

This isn't the guy lost my piss like Braun claimed last time. Players union and MLB will rip down the arches...Pedy's extention timely?

Arod is angry and getting angrier.

not good. But hugs and kisses Soriano is back in town.

Think. Read. Think. Don't be a media tool.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#285930 Jul 26, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
3rd base and catcher are needed bad... but it does help the rh power and power numbers. I bet he is a better dh then hafner.

Why NYY wants Soriano is a mystery to me. He's a gap hitter who can't run and that doesn't play well @ YS. Has 6 HR's away from Wrigley in 190 AB...

Don't see any reason for STL to move Freese unless it's a money issue. McCann can hit and has improved defensively over time. Don't see where NYY has the prospects to satisfy STL or ATL....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#285931 Jul 26, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Why NYY wants Soriano is a mystery to me. He's a gap hitter who can't run and that doesn't play well @ YS. Has 6 HR's away from Wrigley in 190 AB...
Don't see any reason for STL to move Freese unless it's a money issue. McCann can hit and has improved defensively over time. Don't see where NYY has the prospects to satisfy STL or ATL....

Nothing more then a bleacher report. As for McCann he is a free agent next year.

To me soriano is a right hand need. He will do well in fenway and other parks. Right hand power. Stil hits 254 which is better then most yanks and haffner.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#285932 Jul 26, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Nothing more then a bleacher report. As for McCann he is a free agent next year.

To me soriano is a right hand need. He will do well in fenway and other parks. Right hand power. Still hits 254 which is better then most yanks and hafner.
If NYY wants a player that can only run station to station, then Soriano fits. His .302 OPB with a .242 RISP aren't what NYY needs. NYY wouldn't even consider a player with those #'s in the past...

Hafner was a low cost gamble. Don't think NYY expected to lose Teixeira & Granderson LH power & depend on Hafner to fill in the gaps...

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#285933 Jul 26, 2013
If the trade goes through, I would only use Soriano as a DH. We can't afford to put him in the field, at the risk of our defense.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#285934 Jul 26, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
If the trade goes through, I would only use Soriano as a DH. We can't afford to put him in the field, at the risk of our defense.
Think that's the intention...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#285935 Jul 26, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
If NYY wants a player that can only run station to station, then Soriano fits. His .302 OPB with a .242 RISP aren't what NYY needs. NYY wouldn't even consider a player with those #'s in the past...
Hafner was a low cost gamble. Don't think NYY expected to lose Teixeira & Granderson LH power & depend on Hafner to fill in the gaps...

check one of my prior posts..it clearly states had this been last year, no way they pick up Soriano...however with zero right hand power, this year they do

of course they did not think grandy and teix be out like what happened...no way to predict that.

right now, cash is doing lower end moves...I agree with dw in that they need to address 3rd base and I feel catcher.

“Babe Ruth, Yankee Immortal”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee Stadium

#285936 Jul 26, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
Maybe the fluffer can work with him on his defense?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#285937 Jul 26, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
I agree, wells is a better outfielder then sori. but he does give them some righty power. that is missing big time.

Yankee Stadium

#285938 Jul 26, 2013
New York Yankees Rumors

Yankees Close To Acquiring Alfonso Soriano
By Steve Adams [July 25, 2013 at 11:55pm CST]
11:55pm: Soriano is taking a red-eye flight to New York, tweets Sullivan, though no deal has been announced yet.

8:58pm: Major League Baseball still needs to process the paperwork and the exchange of cash in the deal, tweets Carrie Muskat of MLB.com . Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that the deal isn't likely to happen tonight, as it's still pending Bud Selig's approval. The Cubs, according to Heyman, will pay more than half of the remaining money on Soriano's contract (Twitter links).

8:05pm: USA Today's Bob Nightengale tweets that the two sides have agreed on which pitching prospect will be going to the Cubs, and a deal has nearly been finalized.

6:56pm: ESPN's Buster Olney reports that the Cubs are likely to receive a lower-tier pitching prospect for Soriano and that they will eat the majority of the money remaining on Soriano's contract. The two sides are waiting for the formal waiving of Soriano's no-trade clause (Twitter links).

6:33pm: Alfonso Soriano has been scratched from the Cubs' lineup tonight because he is close to being traded to the Yankees, Cubs manager Dale Sveum confirmed to Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune (Twitter link). Sullivan adds that Sveum referred to the trade as "99 percent done."

Reports of a Soriano deal between the Yankees and Cubs first surfaced earlier this week, but general manager Jed Hoyer shot them down, calling them "premature." This time, however, Cubs president Theo Epstein has told Sveum that a deal is nearly complete, as noted by MLB.com 's Carrie Muskat (on Twitter). Soriano, who can refuse any trade due to a full no-trade clause (he's also a 10-and-5 player at this point), confirmed yesterday that he would be open to joining the Yankees.

Soriano, 37, would be joining the team with which he broke into the Major Leagues back in 1999. The Dominican native played with the Bombers from 1999-2003 before being traded to the Rangers along with Joaquin Arias for Alex Rodriguez. In 383 plate appearances for the Cubs this season, Soriano is batting .254/.287/.467 with 17 home runs.

Yankee Stadium

#285939 Jul 26, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>'Becoming the clowns of MLB'?? They are the clowns of MLB also the biggest slimeball organization in all of sports, the laughing stock of NY baseball....MLB has them in their sights as far as signing and promoting steroid abusers going all the way back to the king Jose Canseco.....they'll be fined heavily
Here is the blockbuster you been waiting for.

Mets Acquire Angels' No. 2 International Bonus Slot
By Steve Adams [July 25, 2013 at 9:12pm CST]
9:12pm: Ben Badler of Baseball America reports that the Mets have received the Angels' No. 2 international bonus slot, which is valued at $360,500. The acquisition boosts the Mets' overall bonus pool to $3.0251MM and drops the Angels to $1.6332MM. Badler calls both Concepcion and Perez "more organizational players rather than true prospects."

6:10pm: The Angels have acquired minor leaguers Julio Concepcion and Andres Perez from the Mets in exchange for an international bonus slot, according to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times (on Twitter).

Concepcion, a 23-year-old outfielder, is a .277./.337/.390 hitter over parts of seven minor league seasons, but has not progressed past Class A to this point. He's played six games so far in 2013 in the short-season New York-Pennsylvania League after playing 17 games there in 2012, though he has just a combined .218/.256/.295 batting line at that level in those 23 games.

The 22-year-old Perez is a right-hander that is currently pitching in the Rookie Level Appalachian League. He's pitched to a 5.52 ERA with 6.8 K/9 and 3.1 BB/9 in 14 2/3 innings this season and has a career ERA of 3.68. Neither prospect was among the Top 30 Mets prospects prior to the season, according to Baseball America. It's unclear at this time how much the slot the Mets received is worth.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#285940 Jul 26, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
New York Yankees Rumors
Yankees Close To Acquiring Alfonso Soriano
By Steve Adams [July 25, 2013 at 11:55pm CST]
11:55pm: Soriano is taking a red-eye flight to New York, tweets Sullivan, though no deal has been announced yet.

8:58pm: Major League Baseball still needs to process the paperwork and the exchange of cash in the deal, tweets Carrie Muskat of MLB.com . Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that the deal isn't likely to happen tonight, as it's still pending Bud Selig's approval. The Cubs, according to Heyman, will pay more than half of the remaining money on Soriano's contract (Twitter links).

8:05pm: USA Today's Bob Nightengale tweets that the two sides have agreed on which pitching prospect will be going to the Cubs, and a deal has nearly been finalized.

6:56pm: ESPN's Buster Olney reports that the Cubs are likely to receive a lower-tier pitching prospect for Soriano and that they will eat the majority of the money remaining on Soriano's contract. The two sides are waiting for the formal waiving of Soriano's no-trade clause (Twitter links).

6:33pm: Alfonso Soriano has been scratched from the Cubs' lineup tonight because he is close to being traded to the Yankees, Cubs manager Dale Sveum confirmed to Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune (Twitter link). Sullivan adds that Sveum referred to the trade as "99 percent done."

Reports of a Soriano deal between the Yankees and Cubs first surfaced earlier this week, but general manager Jed Hoyer shot them down, calling them "premature." This time, however, Cubs president Theo Epstein has told Sveum that a deal is nearly complete, as noted by MLB.com 's Carrie Muskat (on Twitter). Soriano, who can refuse any trade due to a full no-trade clause (he's also a 10-and-5 player at this point), confirmed yesterday that he would be open to joining the Yankees.

Soriano, 37, would be joining the team with which he broke into the Major Leagues back in 1999. The Dominican native played with the Bombers from 1999-2003 before being traded to the Rangers along with Joaquin Arias for Alex Rodriguez. In 383 plate appearances for the Cubs this season, Soriano is batting .254/.287/.467 with 17 home runs.
ESPN just reported the trade is finalized...
Jake Gibbs

AOL

#285941 Jul 26, 2013
Forget about baseball talk on ESPN. With the exception of the Alex Rodriguez nonsense, ESPN is now onto football. If they aren't talking NBA, it's NFL.

Yankee Stadium

#285942 Jul 26, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
ESPN just reported the trade is finalized...
Thanks for sharing.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#285943 Jul 26, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I'm already prepared for a bad season.... Rex will be gone and Sanchez will be too.... I wouldn't mind.getting a stick of gum in a trade for him.....
could take years for the jets to get to .500 if Miami and Buffalo continue to improve..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#285944 Jul 26, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> could take years for the jets to get to .500 if Miami and Buffalo continue to improve..

notice fattie has not done any jet bragging or rexie chat....bet he does his other name tman for the rip jobs of the jets...

I say 4 wins tops for the clown bus team...rookie cornerback not in camp...2 losers for qb...holmes on the pup list...so back to no wide outs...

I say expect the "good riddance" chat by around November, the latest. I would love to see tampa chew them up the first game...fatso will hide at least a week on that one if revis does well...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#285945 Jul 26, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
check one of my prior posts..it clearly states had this been last year, no way they pick up Soriano...however with zero right hand power, this year they do
of course they did not think grandy and teix be out like what happened...no way to predict that.
right now, cash is doing lower end moves...I agree with dw in that they need to address 3rd base and I feel catcher.
oh jesus was this a revelation by him or haven't a lot of yankee fans told you this..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Three R's: Reichwing Republican Rants (Sep '10) 2 min The Honky Tonk Man 1,795
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 7 min Warrior X 2,120
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 8 min Paul Yanks 41,000
Sexy EX girl and her sexy affair with hot guy 16 min richard789 1
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers 22 min Gentile 82
We VS We (Nov '09) 24 min Weeeeeeeee 2,243
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 30 min Dan Snow 15,012

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages