Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285487 Jul 21, 2013
Gotta say it doesn't look all rosy for the Sox as of today, no one seems to be cooling down the Rays who have gone something like 17-3 in their last 20...Sox staff banged up pretty bad...

Gotta say the odds favor the Yanks today with CC on heavy rest and Dempster has the worst first pitch peripherals in baseball. Waiting him out or take him out a good strategy...get the Sox pen early and they might drop this AND the Rays series.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285488 Jul 21, 2013
Yankees sign Polish left-hander Artur Strzalka
By Mike Axisa
Via Matt Eddy: The Yankees have signed Polish left-hander Artur Strzalka. He is the first player born and raised in Poland to sign a professional contract with one of the 30 MLB clubs. No word on his signing bonus, but I assume it is relatively small. There would have been a ton of reports had it been significant.

Good luck to the kid, maybe he turns into the Yankees version of the pesky Pole.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285490 Jul 21, 2013
Kevin Long is such a great hitting coach that his son is the best pitcher in the Cape Cod League.

>>>BREWSTER — Jaron Long hasn't had a stretch quite like this in his career.

The Ohio State right-hander tossed his fourth shutout in five starts for the Bourne Braves, allowing just three singles and two walks, in a 7-0 blanking of the Brewster Whitecaps at Stony Brook Field on Thursday night.

With the win, Long became the Cape League's first five-game winner this summer and lowered his ERA to a league-leading 0.32. He's held opponents to a paltry .167 average

http://m.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#285491 Jul 21, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
the chestnut downs 69 hot dog forum?
I never realized there was one...what the hell are we all doing wasting our time in here?

Usually your buddy goes in obscure forums and posts the truth. We just noticed his name and checked it out. In it he admitted what we knew. More proof of old lies. Like living in ny. He does not. A single guy. He is not and has kids.

He has lied, deceived for years. Belmont. Citi and met life. Saratoga.( You fell for that ).

But hey if you hate the yanks its ok. Bhj found out the worst way possible. Backstabbbed.

It was never not about posting them. Taking sides.

Ever. It was just knowing they iied and deceived for years.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285492 Jul 21, 2013
Jimi-

Just announced: Workman scheduled to go Monday vs Matt Moore.

Guess we'll find out if he was a one game wonder pretty quick.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285493 Jul 21, 2013
Farrell says Buchholz to see Dr James Andrews, get "verification and clarification to get some peace of mind." and that the famed pitching surgeon has seen the MRI results.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285494 Jul 21, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Usually your buddy goes in obscure forums and posts the truth. We just noticed his name and checked it out. In it he admitted what we knew. More proof of old lies. Like living in ny. He does not. A single guy. He is not and has kids.
He has lied, deceived for years. Belmont. Citi and met life. Saratoga.( You fell for that ).
But hey if you hate the yanks its ok. Bhj found out the worst way possible. Backstabbbed.
It was never not about posting them. Taking sides.
Ever. It was just knowing they iied and deceived for years.
I fell for what?

Dude I don't care if a guy on here tells his own story or claims to be the King of Spain as long as he doesn't step on my toes.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#285495 Jul 21, 2013
After the news conference, the Red Sox responded with their own statement, saying in part:
"David vigorously denied ever buying or using steroids. As important, Major League Baseball has informed us that David has been tested every year since the implementation of the MLB/MLBPA program in 2004 and, under the program, he has been tested 15 or more different times. We have been informed that, during this entire six-year period [2004-2009], David has never tested positive for a steroid.
"Also during this period, David voluntarily submitted himself to the Olympic standard of drug tests administered in connection with the World Baseball Classics in 2006 and in 2009. We are informed he did not test positive for steroids under those tests either, and he participated actively in both international tournaments."
And that closes the book on the Ortiz allegations once and for all.

Not really. It did not clear anyone by name. Some did. Some did not. They should have cleared this up years ago. All names. Who did it and who did not. End it. That statement is vague.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285496 Jul 21, 2013
Here's the definition of sportsmanship.

A must watch.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#285497 Jul 21, 2013
Jimi-
Just announced: Workman scheduled to go Monday vs Matt Moore.
Guess we'll find out if he was a one game wonder pretty quick.

Thanks! I have moore also. Hate using both guys in the same game. But will he get sent down or start again? That is huge. He could be worth it if he does have 2 starts. So does he go again or go down?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285498 Jul 21, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Not really. It did not clear anyone by name. Some did. Some did not. They should have cleared this up years ago. All names. Who did it and who did not. End it. That statement is vague.
No not at all, the testing was never to be published and the list in part was leaked by unnamed people with unnamed agendas.

The statement clearly says that the list was never in anyway a reflection of who tested positive for steroids.

You cannot clear anyones name because technically there are no names to clear. This does what can be done and clears the allegation from the rumored names.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#285499 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I fell for what?
Dude I don't care if a guy on here tells his own story or claims to be the King of Spain as long as he doesn't step on my toes.

I know. They knew that also. Hence the lying and deceiving.

Lately with junior gone and momma/tman hiding and judging its been about sports. Very little bs.

The game plan was for us to fight. 24/7.

Like I said. See what happened to bhj. They screwed him. Not me. Not paul. Not fu. Not don

Your buddies. The real low lifes.

Ask bhj sometime. Its scary. That was what we warned about since day 1.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285500 Jul 21, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Thanks! I have moore also. Hate using both guys in the same game. But will he get sent down or start again? That is huge. He could be worth it if he does have 2 starts. So does he go again or go down?
I'm not sure. The Bucholtz reports are cloudy if you string them together. If Workman holds his own they might keep him up for long relief or spot starts...Lester thru a side today; all reports go for Tuesday with him. Aceves is now off the 40 and on his way out of baseball so signs are if the kid deos reasonably well he'll stay up.
Wun Hung Lo

AOL

#285501 Jul 21, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Lately with junior gone and momma/tman hiding and judging its been about sports. Very little bs.
Like I said. See what happened to bhj. They screwed him. Not me. Not paul. Not fu. Not don
Ret's Go Mets !!!
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285502 Jul 21, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
I recall you posting relatives names as well. So paint yourself with the same brush.

Its your game... all of yours...I don't want to play.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#285503 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
No not at all, the testing was never to be published and the list in part was leaked by unnamed people with unnamed agendas.
The statement clearly says that the list was never in anyway a reflection of who tested positive for steroids.
You cannot clear anyones name because technically there are no names to clear. This does what can be done and clears the allegation from the rumored names.

96 did. Aroid was on the list. He did it. Bet manny was also. Some did it. Some did not.
Paul Yanks

London, UK

#285504 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I fell for what?
Tell you what pal.....BHJ never thought it would happen to him....but it did....than the deny and lies from momma/tman and unbiased......and trust me they would do it to you given the chance......but just because fatso momma/tman hates the Yanks like you do....and kisses your azz with acting like a sox fan....makes you look like a fool.....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285505 Jul 21, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
96 did. Aroid was on the list. He did it. Bet manny was also. Some did it. Some did not.
As it said "There are more names on the government list (104) than the maximum number of positives that were recorded under the 2003 program (96). And, as the Mitchell Report made clear, some of the 96 positives were contested by the union."

So in effect the mLB is drawing a line in the sand over innuendo probably in preperation of whatever rumors come out of the biogenesis scandle. Think the Red Sox are not about to waive flags about any player that was on the tested positive list not the rumored list. If it comes out otherwise they lose all credability as does the league.

That clears Ortiz.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#285506 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I recall you posting relatives names as well. So paint yourself with the same brush.
Its your game... all of yours...I don't want to play.

How's your memory? Recall him stalking my daughter at college? I went to meet him and he hid. You actually stuck up for me then.

We never started it. That was part of the deceiving.

Did I do it? Yes. Well after those dopes did.

Did I get the info. No. But I used it as paybacks.

2 wrongs don't make a right

What they did to a former pal was beyond horrible.

Ask bhj. Like you he trusted them. They backstabbed him and stalked him. Shameful.

With an underage girl.

No shame and stunts they pulled all the time.

They counted on the don't step on toes rule.

That was a mistake.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#285508 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
As it said "There are more names on the government list (104) than the maximum number of positives that were recorded under the 2003 program (96). And, as the Mitchell Report made clear, some of the 96 positives were contested by the union."
So in effect the mLB is drawing a line in the sand over innuendo probably in preperation of whatever rumors come out of the biogenesis scandle. Think the Red Sox are not about to waive flags about any player that was on the tested positive list not the rumored list. If it comes out otherwise they lose all credability as does the league.
That clears Ortiz.

The sox don't have the list. No one does. 96 did.

Mlb is to blame. There is no 100% proof papi is not one of the 96.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 min Forrest 15,402
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 min Forrest 14,616
News Pride parade steps off in New York in Orlando's... 6 min Gov Corbutt of th... 9
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 15 min strange 1
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 22 min Paul Yanks 40,167
George Will leaves Republican Party 52 min Bloody Bill Anderson 6
News Donald Trump overwhelmingly wins Hispanic vote ... Apr '16 BS detector 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages