Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#285382 Jul 19, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Alot of people wonder if this is Pettutte's exit year along with Mo...
Kinda quiet subject eh?
Well 4 IPs...seems to be the number being tossed around...I think he'll go alright but the Sox will score on him. I think he goes 6 off the long rest
Never quiet on any subject.....As for this maybe being his last year.who knows...... He's 41 and it's been showing most of this year....

Douboubt will get some runs scored on him to keep it close I think.... Love this rivalry..... Bad thing is that I have to see all those Sox fans lol......

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#285383 Jul 19, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Lol there he is..... How is everything brother? Hope all is well with you and the family....
Omg Sabin as the new champ is great to see.... Coming back from 2 acl injuries and his size.... Also Cena vs Daniel Bryan.... Punk vs Lesiner..... Sounds like a good Summerslam so far.....
Yanks and Smackdown tonight..... Boston here comes the evil empire as they call us lol.....

Watch vickie become gm of smackdown. Orton will beat del rio.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#285384 Jul 19, 2013
..........Jeff PassanLike0Follow0.Yahoo! Expert....Sources: Red Sox, Dustin Pedroia talk lucrative extension
27 minutes ago
....Email0Share27
......The Boston Red Sox and Dustin Pedroia are discussing a contract extension that would make him the game’s highest-paid second baseman and could keep him with the team he has come to embody into the next decade, major league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

While one source said the parties still must bridge a gap in both dollars and years, both sides are motivated to strike a deal. The general framework of the contract could call for an annual salary in the $20 million range for a contract lasting five or six years – somewhere in the vicinity of the six-year,$100 million extension signed this offseason by Tampa Bay Rays third baseman Evan Longoria, sources said.

Good. Have a clause in the contract that he has to motivate the minor leaguers for the rest of his life as well. Guy is all guts. Having perhaps his best year all around with a torn ligament in his thumb.

MVP if the Sox finish well.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#285385 Jul 19, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Never quiet on any subject.....As for this maybe being his last year.who knows...... He's 41 and it's been showing most of this year....
Douboubt will get some runs scored on him to keep it close I think.... Love this rivalry..... Bad thing is that I have to see all those Sox fans lol......
Kuroda is reaching the finish line as well. Doubt Pettutte hangs them up unless he completly breaks down...Kuroda has said he wants to finish with some game in Japan.

Dunno how that figures for next season's Yankee rotation. Yanks looking like Pineda won't be showing until there is no stress starts for him, he's getting shakey at AAA.. so my guess is when they layup- dump Hughes- Pineda's up.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#285386 Jul 19, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Lol so you think Booker is going to come back and fire Teddy?......I think Orton can only challenge the Raw champ.....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#285387 Jul 19, 2013
The Orioles have designated Chris Dickerson for assignment...can't get Ibanez back but Cashman made a goof letting this kid go for K-happy no glove Boesch
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#285388 Jul 19, 2013
Speaking of which:

Yankees release Brennan Boesch
By Mike Axisa
The Yankees have released Brennan Boesch to clear a 40-man roster spot for Brent Lillibridge, the team announced. He was on the Triple-A DL with a shoulder injury and was not particularly close to returning.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#285390 Jul 19, 2013
Here's a link on trade chips...think this shows what I have been saying about the Yankee system...their best 2 prospects are years away and long shots at best...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...

New York Yankees: The Yankees' system has had an up-and-down year because of injuries and some less-than-stellar performances. There's likely to still be interest in the top two in the organization, catcher Gary Sanchez and outfielder Mason Williams. Catcher J.R. Murphy, having reached Triple-A, could be a close-to-the-bigs option for a team looking for help behind the plate, and Jose Ramirez could provide the same on the mound.

compared to this:

Boston: The Red Sox would likely rather not part with three of the top four prospects from their Top 20 -- Xander Bogaerts, Jackie Bradley Jr. and Allen Webster -- but their overall depth could come in handy. Pitchers like Anthony Ranaudo or perhaps even Henry Owens could be in play, as could hitters like Garin Cecchini, Blake Swihart or Bryce Brentz.

I'd toss Rubby De La's name in there as well...Middlebrooks could be a chip on a major move as 20 yo Boegartts looks like he's the real deal...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#285391 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Kuroda is reaching the finish line as well. Doubt Pettutte hangs them up unless he completly breaks down...Kuroda has said he wants to finish with some game in Japan.
Dunno how that figures for next season's Yankee rotation. Yanks looking like Pineda won't be showing until there is no stress starts for him, he's getting shakey at AAA.. so my guess is when they layup- dump Hughes- Pineda's up.
Both Hughes and Nova were on the hit seat..... Nova has turned things around since he was sent down...... Hughes I'm hoping and praying he will be gone.....

Don't be shocked if Pineda will be back and pitching well when ever he gets back..... I'm not saying he will.... Also Yanks will have some searching to do in the offseason....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#285392 Jul 19, 2013
Where is that power in Ellsbury?

hehehehe that was quick. 2nd pitch....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#285393 Jul 19, 2013
Between innings, RedSox thanking NYC for help during/after Boston Marathon bombing. Frank's singing "New York, New York.''

Classy move. NYFD came up and flipped burgers for the cops to help during the manhunt. Another classy move.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#285394 Jul 19, 2013
What was that about Gomes' swing and Fenway?

Yanks4Life might be right and Pettitte showers early.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#285395 Jul 19, 2013
Garner scores Little League style: a walk 2 stolen bases and a throwing error.
Nunezsucksabigon e

New York, NY

#285396 Jul 19, 2013
Up to this point in the Yankees lost season, my 2 picks so far for MVP would be Lyle Overbay, and Mariano Rivera the rest of them could be shipped out, 1-Gardner, a decent player but not a big trade value, 2- Ichiro, a over the hill player whose best years are far behind him, 3-Cano, a player with a world of talent but suffering from a case of lookatmeitis, developed from reading too many press clippings about himself, Wells, no power to his swing, Almonte, the boy wonder, who we wonder when he is going to get his next hit, Nunez a piece of shit "player" who can't hit, nor field and who doesn't know how many outs there are, and don't let me start about the pitching they ALL SUCK including the 6'7 overpaid bum CC, so it's a lost season. PS Kuroda is the new ace.

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#285397 Jul 19, 2013
What was that about Gomes' swing and Fenway?
Yanks4Life might be right and Pettitte showers early.
Johnny's getting healthy and has a prefect swing for Fenway...great call by you about him...Juicekee fans have been relegated to root for whoevers playing Toronto to put off the inevitable for as long as possible...Orioles game not over yet but i'll call a Bird win....Sox win Rays win....it wont be long now till the cellar door locks....the juicekees are the laughing stock of NY baseball and will be for years
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#285398 Jul 20, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Johnny's getting healthy and has a prefect swing for Fenway...great call by you about him...Juicekee fans have been relegated to root for whoevers playing Toronto to put off the inevitable for as long as possible...Orioles game not over yet but i'll call a Bird win....Sox win Rays win....it wont be long now till the cellar door locks....the juicekees are the laughing stock of NY baseball and will be for years
Well Pettitte did go 6 like I said he would. Other than that Sox coasted through this one...think RivAveBlues summed it alkl up with this:

By the end of this game, the Yankees had one player in the lineup with a .330+ OBP. The Red Sox had nine.

Ouch. Speaking of ouch, Victorino tweaked a hammy again...Brett Gardner threw a tantrum...

AND:

Update: Zoilo Almonte headed to DL with left ankle sprain
By Mike Axisa
10:37pm: Almonte is headed to the DL, Joe Girardi confirmed after the game. Donnie Collins says both Melky Mesa and Thomas Neal are leaving Triple-A Scranton and will meet the team in Boston. Not sure why both guys are going though.

Tough break for the kid. I mean Zoiliolio not Victorino who should go sit on the DL and fix the hammy and let JBJr play...

its nice to have depth.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#285399 Jul 20, 2013
Danny DeVito impersonator Danny Knobler says that the Tigers are not interested in Joba Chamberlain ...Dan Martin of the New York Post, on the other hand, reports precisely the opposite.

hhhhhmmmmmmmmm love when the local press tries to push a deal. Usually means the team named gets mad and walks away from any interest, not that Joba has much at this time.

So much for the guy who you clowns annointed as a 20 game winner, the new closer..ect ect...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#285400 Jul 20, 2013
Also from the hhhhmmmmmm and predictions column, to whoever is posting as NYSOM these days...the 45 wins on the backend of the Red Sox rotation:

with 68 games left ...about 41 starts to go...Sox backend has 26 backend wins.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#285401 Jul 20, 2013
Must read for all Yankees fans

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/53981424...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#285402 Jul 20, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Omg Jim...... Glad to see Vickki back as GM lol...... I forgot that you know the results ahead of time..... Big E likes A.J?????? Wouldn't shock because she has been around more than a merry go around..... Lol.......

Yanks with another loss last night....... Taunting seems to have started during and after game.... Pettitte settled down after a while, but not enough runs..... That's been the theme the past 2-3 months.....

Almonte hurt his ankle and could be headed to the DL..... Gardner got kicked out the game.... 5 hits the whole game?..... That's not going to cut it...... I may sound crazy, but it's still a long season...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min IB DaMann 58,767
Time to go? (Jun '15) 28 min State of Florida 10,261
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 32 min DILLIGAF 10,522
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 13,679
News Brooklyn man arrested in robbery of gold dealer... 1 hr zoop 1
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Pasquali 14,657
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 2 hr the don 4,926
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages