Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
Yankees place Jayson Nix on 15-day DL with Grade II hamstring strain
By Mike Axisa
The Yankees have placed utility man Jayson Nix on the 15-day DL with a Grade II right hamstring strain, the team announced. He had an MRI this morning. No word on his timetable, but Grade II strains typically require 4-6 weeks to full heal. This isnít a short-term thing.
Nix, 30, has hit .236/.303/.304 (65 wRC+) in 268 plate appearances this year, his most playing time in three years. You can thank the Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez injuries for that. Nix had taken over as the everyday shortstop recently, a role that will now be filled by the recently signed Luis Cruz. A utility infielder should have been on the teamís trade deadline shopping list even before Nixís injury.
Yeah I posted on that 6 hours before you did.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
A-Rod goes hitless in second minor league rehab game
By Mike Axisa
In his second minor league rehab game with Low-A Charleston, Alex Rodriguez went 0-for-2 at the plate while playing three innings at third base, as scheduled. He grounded out to first base and then to second base in his two at-bats. Alex had to make one defensive play at the hot corner, starting a 5-4-3 double play.
Based on what we heard yesterday, A-Rod will now return to Florida and resume his rehab with High-A Tampa. The weather in Tampa hasnít been great the last few days, which is why he had to head to Charleston. The 20-day rehab window expires right smack in the middle of the All-Star break, and Alex said he anticipates needing the full 20 days to get ready following hip surgery and close to eight months of inactivity.
http://riveraveblues.com/
Yeah I posted on that
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
Yanks 3rd starting Shortstop Jayson Nix goes on the DL today.
Cruz signs today and is in tonights lineup as the starting SS.
July 3, 2013 4:54 pm
Yankees sign infielder Luis Cruz
by Jeff Lippman | CBSSports.com
The Yankees signed free agent third baseman Luis Cruz, CBS Sports Senior Baseball Writer Danny Knobler repots Wednesday. Cruz joins the team with Jayson Nix landing on the disabled list Wednesday.
The 29-year-old Cruz last played with the Dodgers this season over 45 games. He hit just .127 with six RBI and 20 strikeouts.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
Happy 4th Of July to all the baseball fans and your families...... Don't eat to much and God Bless Us All......... Go Yanks!!!!!
Good call badmouthing Lester who pitched well and badmouthing Gomes who got the game winning HR...hey post something on Salty ...he could use the charge...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
yanks won!! happy 4th to you...
interesting...yanks now in third, 2.5 behind the orioles...this weekend will be big..
http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings
Uh yeah...in case you didn't notice a journey man stymied the Yanks bats for 5+ innings and your ace gave up 7 hits and 3 walks but MIN only managed two runs...the Twins pppfffttt...

But don't worry Kuroda's out and Nova Petttutte and Hughes will tax the crap out of thebullpen vs the O's...and they can hit...and hustle to win games unlike the Twins...

And theyre luckier than the Yanks which says alot as per today's example...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
good choice..he hit a 3 run homer to beat the rays last night...
Free swinger. A SO machine. To date has 115 in 273 AB. NYY best to look elsewhere...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
good choice..he hit a 3 run homer to beat the rays last night...
NYY needs another SO machine? His RISP #'s speak for themselves. May be the reason Beane is making him available or at least listening to offers. Best to look elsewhere...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/spl...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Free swinger. A SO machine. To date has 115 in 273 AB. NYY best to look elsewhere...
He's cheap. Good bench player. But NYY would need him as a starter, Stro's know this..so not so cheap after all
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
NYY needs another SO machine? His RISP #'s speak for themselves. May be the reason Beane is making him available or at least listening to offers. Best to look elsewhere...
Hey with Granderson and Boesch out the strikeouts need to come from somewhere
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
He's cheap. Good bench player. But NYY would need him as a starter, Stro's know this..so not so cheap after all
Is he or isn't he available on the cheap?...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

RHP Chris Bootcheck and OF Thomas Neal has been named to the Triple-A International League All-Star Team

Congrats to Hatcheck and T-Daddy..too bad they couldn't even crack this weak lineup
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Astros don't give up anything cheap...any calls to them always gonna cost more than one player...

Why move him anyway? Just because you can isn't a great reason
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Did some digging Justin Maxwell is coming off the DL HOU has a few young guys they need to play, but Carter is a game changer with that bat...so I dunno if he is movable...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

<quoted text>
Astros don't give up anything cheap...any calls to them always gonna cost more than one player...

Why move him anyway? Just because you can isn't a great reason
He's primarily a gap/pull hitter & that doesn't play well @ YS...

Unless HOU is overwhelmed, don't see him moved...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

<quoted text>
Did some digging Justin Maxwell is coming off the DL HOU has a few young guys they need to play, but Carter is a game changer with that bat...so I dunno if he is movable...
Maxwell an OF & Carter primarily a 1B so no conflict about Maxwell getting some playing time...

“Baseball is back!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Good call badmouthing Lester who pitched well and badmouthing Gomes who got the game winning HR...hey post something on Salty ...he could use the charge...

how many times have you bad mouthed a yankee who has then done well, its been going on for 4 years...and as for kindergarden names, you accused him of, why not do that to your forum bitter buddy who does it 24/7...

I thought you wanted to post sports?

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You did? Sorry I don't normally read your posts due to all the name calling and arguing you do with others.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
Happy 4th Of July to all the baseball fans and your families...... Don't eat to much and God Bless Us All......... Go Yanks!!!!!
God bless you as well there Mr Dell. What a good series Cano and Rivera have had so far vs the Twins. Wonder if Mo is avaliable a 4th day in a row? Even though they Yanks won this series vs the Twins it would be nice to get the win today before their long home stand before the All Star break.

Go Yankees!

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
how many times have you bad mouthed a yankee who has then done well, its been going on for 4 years...and as for kindergarden names, you accused him of, why not do that to your forum bitter buddy who does it 24/7...
I thought you wanted to post sports?
He's nervous obviously about something, say hello to the family for me Jim. Fu off to the golf course.....going to be hot

“Baseball is back!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
He's nervous obviously about something, say hello to the family for me Jim. Fu off to the golf course.....going to be hot

thanks, off to the pool in a few minutes...gotta beat the rain...hit the water slides..and relax...have a great 4th and enjoy your family..give em my best

and go yanks...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 278,561 - 278,580 of302,143
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Rangers talk back (Oct '07) 13 min Guinness Drinker 7,280
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min former res 65,225
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 32 min Stuart Cudahy 9,401
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 55 min DDDD-25 43,046
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 2 hr Drifting to sleep 13,487
Retired NYPD Officer Charged With Fatally Shoot... 4 hr Reply2_CIA 3
paul ryanís republican budget 5 hr nac 18
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
Jackson-Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs