Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281074 May 29, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I think a better joke is asking how Ichiro is able to hit a round ball with slanted eyes
Um...quick hands?

I think I'll curb the racist jokes...the Kuroda joke is based on a joke by an Asian guy..so is retelling that joke racist...had that discussion here before...still not sure about the PC qualities of that..

Either way the jaded lying obsessed Jimi will harp on about it for years now...dying to hear the excuse for not posting after last nights loss...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281075 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>CC now facing Buckholz on Fri nite. We'll see if Buckholz is healthy enough to beat CC
Bucholtz is fine..he threw long toss the day he was skipped...ever sleep on your shoulder funny and get up and it aches? Just a precaution why risk it...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281076 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>CC now facing Buckholz on Fri nite. We'll see if Buckholz is healthy enough to beat CC
CC is beatable by lesser pitchers than Buch. Heres a good analytical article on CC:
>>>So What’s The Deal With CC Sabathia?
May 29, 2013 by Brad Vietrogoski .
(Syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
CC Sabathia made his 11th start of the 2013 season on Sunday night, and if you saw any of it you know that it wasn’t pretty. The big fella got smacked around for 7 ER in 7 innings, the most he’s given up in one start this season, and currently finds himself with a 4-4 record, a 3.96/4.10/3.76 slash line, and in search of answers. With 2 months of starts under his belt, there is now a big enough sample size to truly start evaluating CC and not much has changed for the better in this second month after many of us wanted to wait and see how CC would look with more work under his belt. His fastball velocity is still underwhelming, his command in the strike zone is still spotty, and he’s still way too hittable for anybody to feel as comfortable as they used to when CC takes the mound.
We knew making the adjustment to compensate for his lack of velocity was going to take some time, but CC has looked worse in his more recent starts than he had earlier in the season. What’s going on with his transitional period that’s making it such a struggle for him?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281077 May 29, 2013
<cont'd>
Well it isn’t strikeouts and walks, at least not according to his current rates. CC’s 19.6% K rate, while a Yankee career low, isn’t that far off from the K rates of his 2009 or 2010 seasons. His 5.1% BB rate is his best since 2007. It also isn’t just bad luck. CC’s .306 BABIP against is actually lower than in 2011, his best season as a Yankee. Clearly there is still plenty of stuff here, even if the 4-seamer doesn’t have smoke trailing behind it like it used to, and clearly CC still hasn’t forgotten how to use it.
What is different is CC’s GB rate, down significantly from recent years and the lowest since his early years in Cleveland at 41.9%. Also different is CC’s pitch selection, which has gone back to being 4-seamer (42.3%) and changeup (20.1%)-heavy at the expense of his slider and sinker. What started out as a 1-game observation has officially become a trend. CC has cut back on his slider usage big time from last year’s career-high rate of 31.8%, and he’s using his sinker less than 10% of the time for the first time since 2009. Those changes likely explain the decrease in groundballs and strikeouts. What they don’t explain is why CC would make those changes in approach when his fastball has diminished.
Of the pitches he throws regularly, CC’s 4-seamer easily registers as the weakest this season. According to PitchF/X, opposing hitters are batting .295/.354/.509 against CC’s fastball right now, good for a .369 wOBA. He’s also got his highest BB rate and lowest K rate with the pitch, so it’s not just all about the velocity issue. CC is tied for 2nd in MLB with 11 HR allowed this season, another troubling statistical trend, and 6 of them have come off his fastball. If you aren’t going to throw your heater with as much heat on it, you better be locating it in the right spots. So far this season CC hasn’t done that and Sunday was clear proof. A CC that’s right with his fastball never gives up homers to the likes of Sean Rodriguez and James Loney EVER, let alone in the same game.
After expanding his pitch repertoire over the past few seasons and becoming a more well-rounded pitcher, CC has almost regressed back to a pitch selection breakdown similar to how he worked earlier in his career. He’s also turned into a pitcher with a more clearly defined plan of attack against right and left-handed hitters. Against righties this season, CC has been fastball/changeup-heavy (66.9% of all pitches thrown), locating away. Against lefties he’s real heavy on slider (43.2%) and fastball (39.1%), with a slight tendency to go down and away. Not bad plans when you’re locating a speedy fastball, but much less effective when you’re not.
What still doesn’t come through here is WHY CC is pitching this way. His slider has been his best swing-and-miss offspeed pitch for years. It’s still plenty good this season at an 18.6% whiff rate. His sinker has been a great pitch for CC to get easy GB outs and keep his pitch count down, something he hasn’t done with any regularity this season and something that, as pointed out by SJK of NoMaas, brings back to mind concerns about his workload. Why has CC gone away from those pitches and thrown more fastballs? Is he still concerned about his elbow? Is there some lingering pain there that we don’t know about? Does he not feel comfortable throwing as many sliders or sinkers if he can’t set them up with a good 4-seamer? Only Carsten knows for sure.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281078 May 29, 2013
<cont'd>

CC’s probably asking himself as many questions as we are right now as he tries to work through this, and this post is by no means a declaration or implication that CC is done being an effective, ace-type pitcher. He’s working through a tough transitional point in his career right now that many pitchers have to deal with. Some of his earlier outings this season and the fact that he still has K and BB rates comparable to his career averages show that he’s got plenty left in the tank. Now it’s just a matter of figuring out how best to use what’s in that tank to complete the journey. Personally, I think the trending towards certain pitches against certain hitters might be working against CC as the book on him this season grows, and he needs to mix up his pitches to keep guys from sitting on his fastball. A return to a more balanced mix and an increase in sinkers and sliders might be just what Sabathia needs to get right.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281079 May 29, 2013
Don't be surprised if Hafner or Overbay get a sudden unexpected injury over the weekend...

Yanks would love to cut bat free Brignac but have no SS other than Nix in that scenario...so Brignac is safe...

Neither Hafner nor Overbay have value in a trade, teams know their on the numbers game and will wait out a DFA...then the trade comes at a no where price if alot of teams have interest... if no one does the Yanks get nothing and they walk...

A fine line to walk given Youk's injury history and Teixi really hasn't played at all bad wrist or not...a fast callup is very very dangerous with the wrist...

and then you've just let a guy go...best he tweeks a lower back eh?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281080 May 29, 2013
So very quiet here leads me to think what lies will be spun to cover hiding over the Mets taking a commanding lead in the series...if the Yanks lose today more hiding?

What if the Mets sweep? Will past posts start disappearing? Will the earth move off its axis?

Hide and judge...and don't answer the tough questions on the roster crunch...then make up some lies...talk Un Momma and DW make believe BS...

Really...Poor Phat Jeckyl and Hughes wastes a good outing on a loss...too bad..you know he has a stinker on the way...Hoki undone by the cornerstone...too bad...its early eh?

Sox 1 game up but 2 wins ahead...so every game passes that that holds true makes it that much later, adds the pressure which the Yanks don't seem to respond to...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281081 May 29, 2013
Not safe to come out yet Da GreatWhiteShark is still in the water...lmao

I may lurk all day....best stay under cover

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#281082 May 29, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
So very quiet here leads me to think what lies will be spun to cover hiding over the Mets taking a commanding lead in the series...if the Yanks lose today more hiding?
What if the Mets sweep? Will past posts start disappearing? Will the earth move off its axis?
Hide and judge...and don't answer the tough questions on the roster crunch...then make up some lies...talk Un Momma and DW make believe BS...
Really...Poor Phat Jeckyl and Hughes wastes a good outing on a loss...too bad..you know he has a stinker on the way...Hoki undone by the cornerstone...too bad...its early eh?
Sox 1 game up but 2 wins ahead...so every game passes that that holds true makes it that much later, adds the pressure which the Yanks don't seem to respond to...
One of the worst cases yesterday of judging took place when I posted after an hour has gone by with no posts. Within minutes of posting, my post got judged. That means the judger spent the last hour just watching the forum, and constantly refreshing the page for new posts. The judging has to be the dumbest meaningless thing on this entire site. It accomplishes nothing

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#281083 May 29, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
Not safe to come out yet Da GreatWhiteShark is still in the water...lmao
I may lurk all day....best stay under cover
Dell, Don, Fu and Paul are all hearing the Jaws music in their heads now. Although it won't shock me if Dell never saw the movie Jaws. In fact, I'd bet that he never saw it

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#281084 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>One of the worst cases yesterday of judging took place when I posted after an hour has gone by with no posts. Within minutes of posting, my post got judged. That means the judger spent the last hour just watching the forum, and constantly refreshing the page for new posts. The judging has to be the dumbest meaningless thing on this entire site. It accomplishes nothing
if you could be honest and you wont here..email maybe...your fat pal does a majority of the judging and you know it...early am, all day and night..and hides...he refreshes the pages and sometimes within 3 minutes its judged...you cant judge yourself so who judges me?

the bs of belmont, citi are a riot and you know it...

say, wanna chat debbie? you know, the one you created?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#281085 May 29, 2013
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/29/terry-...

going going...soon to be gone...big ike and tejada...

2 of the 12 needing to be replaced for 2014...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#281086 May 29, 2013
http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseb...

whoops...looks like the "sleeping on a shoulder line"

is all bs...now pushed back...guess he slept on it longer then was thought

effin bs...as usual..the forum liar busted again

last years excuses...no yank chat, low lifes

the cowgill bs

and now this...

yawn..da great white minnow has struck again..
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#281087 May 29, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/20 13/05/29/terry-collins-meets-w ith-ike-tejada-pair-could-be-s ent-down-after-subway-series/
going going...soon to be gone...big ike and tejada...
2 of the 12 needing to be replaced for 2014...
What's up Jim...... As we predicted, countless taunting and comments after the Yanks lose...... Lol he is so predictable...... I have enough class to say the Mets made the winning plays...... We all know who doesn't have that same type of class.....

Let's see if the Yanks can get a win tonight......Tex and Youlk could return on friday....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#281088 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>Dell, Don, Fu and Paul are all hearing the Jaws music in their heads now. Although it won't shock me if Dell never saw the movie Jaws. In fact, I'd bet that he never saw it
What are you lying about now?...... You never get tired of lying do you lol........

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#281089 May 29, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> What's up Jim...... As we predicted, countless taunting and comments after the Yanks lose...... Lol he is so predictable...... I have enough class to say the Mets made the winning plays...... We all know who doesn't have that same type of class.....
Let's see if the Yanks can get a win tonight......Tex and Youlk could return on friday....

several of us had the class...not him or his fat hiding pal, ever

i actually fell asleep last night...game was delayed and usually get up at 4am due to construction project i am working on...

but, i got on first thing in the am...i dont hide like him or run out of the forum with lying excuses that he wont own up to...

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#281090 May 29, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
http://fullcount.weei.com/spor ts/boston/baseball/red-sox/201 3/05/29/franklin-morales-to-st art-in-clay-buchholz-place-thu rsday-jon-lester-pushed-back-a -day/
whoops...looks like the "sleeping on a shoulder line"
is all bs...now pushed back...guess he slept on it longer then was thought
effin bs...as usual..the forum liar busted again
last years excuses...no yank chat, low lifes
the cowgill bs
and now this...
yawn..da great white minnow has struck again..
This appears correct. CBS already has Lester penciled in on Fri nite

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#281091 May 29, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> What are you lying about now?...... You never get tired of lying do you lol........
Did you ever see the movie Jaws?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#281092 May 29, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> What are you lying about now?...... You never get tired of lying do you lol........

its called a shout out..for attention..he does several kinds...

most are to lure people out like momma when in hiding...

the common ones are outright lies that his fat pal feeds off of

usually involving citi field, met life stadium, vermont, various women and now belmont

but, in reality momma is some unemployed bum...who during the summer was pulling for obama as he needed the big medical obama care..and admitted it..

doubt if mommas wife wants to know about the fictional gal pals he gets set up with

an ex poster who met him laughed when i described the women he was set up with...

he said and i quote

he would have trouble picking up women at walmart

omg..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#281093 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>This appears correct. CBS already has Lester penciled in on Fri nite

so much for the sleeping on the shoulder bs

say, recall cowgil?

funny your pal always goes back and checks quotes to see who ripped him

he must have missed that one

or, like being caught lying about last year, just ignores it..

loved your refresh line, like some woman

but he clearly stated...

he left due to no yank chat..page and post available

he next stated he left due to, ahem..low lifes

its here, pages and posts available

had he admitted he ran out of here like a coward, accepted

or, the woman refresh line

but, you can admit he posts way more when his team wins then loses and he pulled this last year

his sox sucked, he ran away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min IB DaMann 58,868
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 9 min friend of marcos 10,619
www.asaadkhattab.com 18 min Asaad Khattab 1
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 20 min Community Disorga... 2,185
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 40 min Princess Hey 14,779
"Walking Dead" Starts Feb 9th (Jan '14) 48 min walker down 720
Trump pwns Cruz, Cruz Concedes 51 min feel the fishy Cl... 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages