Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#278846 May 1, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No I said the Sox should easily get the win after Lester struggled settled in, and I was right: he pitched to the win. Tazawa gave up his second walk then the second HR of the season for him...
ah well 2 BB and 2 HRs in 13 apps is still pretty good for the future....
Pretty good percentage...two straight days you were right on the money
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#278847 May 1, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck thats baseball, he was bound to get knocked around. In fairness he's pitched so well in 2013, can he keep it up however?
He got roughed up but still pitched to the win.

Think that says alot about stamina.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#278848 May 1, 2013
Anybody checking out the big bat Papi has? 15 RBIs in 9 games...slim for him and running...so much for idiotic hot dog taunts eh?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#278849 May 1, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Lester got more lucky than pitching to the win, right? Lester doesn't hit and getting run support is out of his control. If Latos or Strasberg had the luck that Lester got yesterday, they'd each have 5 wins already
And if your grandmother had balls she'd be your grandfather...

I don't get the point. If Lester struggles and the bats don't keep the score close then its a blowout? Thats about as relevant as if Lester struggles and 4 days later the Sox are still batting in the first inning....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#278850 May 1, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty good percentage...two straight days you were right on the money
Well think I should lay off the predictions because as soon as I get one wrong thats all I'll ever hear about.

Phpeplps v Bedard? You'd have to watch that with a clothespin on your nose....Astros looking at the surging Tigers next...they may come after Pheplspy hard...

If I'm the 'Stros would green light the whole game, all in....

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#278851 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
And if your grandmother had balls she'd be your grandfather...
I don't get the point. If Lester struggles and the bats don't keep the score close then its a blowout? Thats about as relevant as if Lester struggles and 4 days later the Sox are still batting in the first inning....
Lets say you and I are fighting for the 5th spot on the Sox.

In 5 games, you're 5-0. However you never lasted past the 5th inning, and your era is over 5 and have walked 14 batters. However the Sox are scoring 10 runs every time you get the start.

In my 5 games, I'm 0-2 with 3 no decisions. My era is in the low 2's and I only walked 3 batters. I have went into the 7th inning at least in every start. However I don't get any run support. Of course this luck can change at any time as both of us cannot be a factor in whether our teams scores.

Now only 1 of us can make the postseason roster. Who should it be?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#278852 May 1, 2013
Oh boy...Yankee draft preview:

NEW YORK YANKEES

Top 10-Rd. Picks: 26, 32, 33, 66, 103, 134, 164, 194, 224, 254, 284 & 314

Bonus Pool:$7,957,400

Scouting Director: Damon Oppenheimer (ninth year)

Oppenheimer’s First-Round History: C.J. Henry (17th overall, 2005), Ian Kennedy (21st overall, 2006), Andrew Brackman (30th overall, 2007), Gerrit Cole (28th overall, 2008), Slade Heathcott (29th overall, 2009), Cito Culver (32nd overall, 2010) & Ty Hensley (30th overall, 2012)

Oppenheimer’s Top 5-Round Breakdown: 41 picks (16 college pitchers, seven college position players, four high school pitchers & 14 high school position players)

Oppenheimer’s top picks in the last five drafts have been high school players with mixed results. Cole didn’t sign, Heathcott is very talented, but has battled off-field and injury issues, Culver has a minor league OPS of .638 through his first four seasons and recently gave up switch-hitting, Dante Bichette is repeating at low Class A after a rough year there in 2012 and Hensley recently had hip surgery and will miss most of the season.

Since 2007, Yankees drafts have produced six big leaguers, but no regulars—David Phelps, Brandon Laird, Austin Romine, D.J. Mitchell, Andrew Brackman and Adam Warren. All but Romine are college products.

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#278853 May 1, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>A's or Philthies ? I thought it was a private league ?
Hopefully Jimi and Bronto take a break from here. They both need it

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#278854 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Well think I should lay off the predictions because as soon as I get one wrong thats all I'll ever hear about.
Phpeplps v Bedard? You'd have to watch that with a clothespin on your nose....Astros looking at the surging Tigers next...they may come after Pheplspy hard...
If I'm the 'Stros would green light the whole game, all in....
Speaking of predictions I just hung up the phone with Jennifer who knows the Derby winner better then anyone, She gave me a call from the draw and told me '20-17-2-1 it dosnt matter our horse won't lose' this coming from someone who is with this horse 24-7.....bet a few dollars or more DW...I dont want to reveal the name of the horse because I dont want any of this slime in here cashing in on my information...but if you do you homework the name 'Jennifer' will give you the winner
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#278855 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>Lets say you and I are fighting for the 5th spot on the Sox.
In 5 games, you're 5-0. However you never lasted past the 5th inning, and your era is over 5 and have walked 14 batters. However the Sox are scoring 10 runs every time you get the start.
In my 5 games, I'm 0-2 with 3 no decisions. My era is in the low 2's and I only walked 3 batters. I have went into the 7th inning at least in every start. However I don't get any run support. Of course this luck can change at any time as both of us cannot be a factor in whether our teams scores.
Now only 1 of us can make the postseason roster. Who should it be?
You go with the guy who pitched deeper. Decision wins, runs, ERA and walks aside. Because he will save your pen.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#278856 May 1, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of predictions I just hung up the phone with Jennifer who knows the Derby winner better then anyone, She gave me a call from the draw and told me '20-17-2-1 it dosnt matter our horse won't lose' this coming from someone who is with this horse 24-7.....bet a few dollars or more DW...I dont want to reveal the name of the horse because I dont want any of this slime in here cashing in on my information...but if you do you homework the name 'Jennifer' will give you the winner
Thanks.

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#278857 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You go with the guy who pitched deeper. Decision wins, runs, ERA and walks aside. Because he will save your pen.
So I'd make the team than, despite you being 5-0. I pitch deeper, give up less runs, walk less hitters and allow less runs than you.

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#278858 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>Hopefully Jimi and Bronto take a break from here. They both need it
Jimbos just a bambling idiot and Bronto likes to chime in when he's bored, but he's messing with the wrong guy. Speaking of messing did you break any noses today or just make a mess of a couple of faces ?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#278859 May 1, 2013
Suzuki 8
Nix 5
Cano 4
Wells 7
Hafner DH
Francisco 9
Nunez 6
Overbay 3
Stewart 2

That is as ugly as the Stros lineup...at ten times the cost

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#278860 May 1, 2013
Oh boy...Yankee draft preview:
NEW YORK YANKEES
Top 10-Rd. Picks: 26, 32, 33, 66, 103, 134, 164, 194, 224, 254, 284 & 314
Bonus Pool:$7,957,400
Scouting Director: Damon Oppenheimer (ninth year)
Oppenheimer’s First-Round History: C.J. Henry (17th overall, 2005), Ian Kennedy (21st overall, 2006), Andrew Brackman (30th overall, 2007), Gerrit Cole (28th overall, 2008), Slade Heathcott (29th overall, 2009), Cito Culver (32nd overall, 2010) & Ty Hensley (30th overall, 2012)
Oppenheimer’s Top 5-Round Breakdown: 41 picks (16 college pitchers, seven college position players, four high school pitchers & 14 high school position players)
Oppenheimer’s top picks in the last five drafts have been high school players with mixed results. Cole didn’t sign, Heathcott is very talented, but has battled off-field and injury issues, Culver has a minor league OPS of .638 through his first four seasons and recently gave up switch-hitting, Dante Bichette is repeating at low Class A after a rough year there in 2012 and Hensley recently had hip surgery and will miss most of the season.
Since 2007, Yankees drafts have produced six big leaguers, but no regulars—David Phelps, Brandon Laird, Austin Romine, D.J. Mitchell, Andrew Brackman and Adam Warren. All but Romine are college products.
The funny part about it is Kennedy was the best they did and he was part of the Detroit-Arizona fleecing.....

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#278861 May 1, 2013
Suzuki 8
Nix 5
Cano 4
Wells 7
Hafner DH
Francisco 9
Nunez 6
Overbay 3
Stewart 2
I was thinking more 30 times the cost...60 if you add in what Wittle Wobbies gonna rape them for

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#278862 May 1, 2013
Suzuki 8
Nix 5
Cano 4
Wells 7
Hafner DH
Francisco 9
Nunez 6
Overbay 3
Stewart 2
I see Mr SB 230 hitter metal glove and rag arm Gardner rotting on the bench again....has he been relegated to a platoon player or does he have a boo boo ?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#278863 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>So I'd make the team than, despite you being 5-0. I pitch deeper, give up less runs, walk less hitters and allow less runs than you.
Youre talking about a fifth starter making a playoff roster, so chances are they don't get a start in a series anyway.

So youre looking at a mop up long reliever.

Its not a hard question to answer. If youre point is that the wins don't make a matter in the decision: they don't.

Now if youre talking about a #2-3 guy then its different. The bats support that guy and you want the team to be comfortable.

Does that answer where your going with this?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#278864 May 1, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>I see Mr SB 230 hitter metal glove and rag arm Gardner rotting on the bench again....has he been relegated to a platoon player or does he have a boo boo ?
A night off. He needs it. The floodgates are about to open.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#278865 May 1, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>The funny part about it is Kennedy was the best they did and he was part of the Detroit-Arizona fleecing.....
Ask Yanks fans why no regulars since 2007 and they'll tell you about the core snore....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Washington Post doesn't want wages to rise at t... 14 min Hillarys devil 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min Actual Science 61,037
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 29 min Paul Yanks 41,512
Melinda and Danny 1 hr Family 1
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 2 hr jimi-yank 5,081
Time to go? (Jun '15) 2 hr barefoot2626 12,539
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr ThomasA 311,613

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages