Comments
273,141 - 273,160 of 306,068 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“I hate math”

Since: Oct 07

But I love counting money

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278773
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched the WAS/ATL game and he was shakey at first but settled in nicely.
Bit wild here and there trying to heat up every pitch.
He's making his next start which is surprising considering the investment they have in him and with it so early in the season. He's been pitching quality starts overall but cannot win due to lack of run support

“I hate math”

Since: Oct 07

But I love counting money

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278774
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the score but didn't feel like posting here.
But what did I post yesterday?
-Astros would end their skid
-Pettutte's breakdown clock nearing zero
-named both relief pitchers for the Yanks
-Romine would jump early
Andy lost back to back starts now for the 1st time since 2009. Are you over rating Romine's calling of the game? I figure Andy being a vet, he would have full control anyhow of what pitches to throw and when
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278775
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brian Cashman says the decision to play Kevin Youkilis on Saturday was a mistake by everyone involved.

Yeah but the decision not to have some depth to back him up was yours Brian.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278776
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>He's making his next start which is surprising considering the investment they have in him and with it so early in the season. He's been pitching quality starts overall but cannot win due to lack of run support
Tehran got lucky he didn't give the game away...he sure as hell tried. Stras was throwing too hard trying to make too much happen.

“I hate math”

Since: Oct 07

But I love counting money

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278777
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ESPN has their power rankings. Jets dead last

“I hate math”

Since: Oct 07

But I love counting money

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278778
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Tehran got lucky he didn't give the game away...he sure as hell tried. Stras was throwing too hard trying to make too much happen.
All I heard before this year was that kid Teheran was going to be rookie of the year. So far hes been a disappointment

Think Strasbergs problem stems from his college days. He was too good and no matter what he threw, the college batters couldn't touch him. Even if they knew what he was throwing. In the majors, it doesn't work that way. You have to know how to pitch and how to utilize all your diff pitches
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278779
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Andy lost back to back starts now for the 1st time since 2009. Are you over rating Romine's calling of the game? I figure Andy being a vet, he would have full control anyhow of what pitches to throw and when
Romine has to be on the same page or he won't know where to frame the pitch and would give away borderline pitches.

Those weren't my words about his game; they were from Bronx Baseball Daily

No back to back losses? Maybe not as the pitcher of record, but here's one from last season:

Jun 22 NYY @ NYM L,4-6 GS-6 L(3-3) 5 6.0 IP
Jun 27 NYY CLE W,5-4 GS-5 4 4.0 IP

He lost against the Mets and the following start only went 4 innings and the team got the win and he got a no decision.

So back to back since 2010 doesn't have legs.

“I hate math”

Since: Oct 07

But I love counting money

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278780
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Romine has to be on the same page or he won't know where to frame the pitch and would give away borderline pitches.
Those weren't my words about his game; they were from Bronx Baseball Daily
No back to back losses? Maybe not as the pitcher of record, but here's one from last season:
Jun 22 NYY @ NYM L,4-6 GS-6 L(3-3) 5 6.0 IP
Jun 27 NYY CLE W,5-4 GS-5 4 4.0 IP
He lost against the Mets and the following start only went 4 innings and the team got the win and he got a no decision.
So back to back since 2010 doesn't have legs.
I heard as pitcher of record, Andy himself has not been tagged with consecutive losses in like 50 starts ago and it was in 2009
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278781
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I heard as pitcher of record, Andy himself has not been tagged with consecutive losses in like 50 starts ago and it was in 2009
Yeah well 'pitcher of record' doesn't always tell the game so I think that back to back thing isn't very telling.

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278782
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I heard as pitcher of record, Andy himself has not been tagged with consecutive losses in like 50 starts ago and it was in 2009
This whole day is making me sick.. Jayson Collins comes out proclaiming he's all for stopping the human race so Obama decides to call one of satans children to congratulate him for being a 'hero'...disgusting
the don

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278783
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
ESPN has their power rankings. Jets dead last
they were that high....

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278784
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the score but didn't feel like posting here.
But what did I post yesterday?
-Astros would end their skid
-Pettutte's breakdown clock nearing zero
-named both relief pitchers for the Yanks
-Romine would jump early
You were dead on accurate
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278785
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>You were dead on accurate
Well hate to say it but the ol 'do the Hoki Kuroki and turn it around' sounds like the call of the day.

I did say yesterday that the Jays would also end their skid...not sure if its this series anymore, if the players are quitting on Gibbons they might half-arse it just to get him canned.

If the Sox sweep then he gets canned, think Lester will not be 100% but should they easily take the win, Buch as well...then? Dempster starts his 6 inning act he might leave the door open.

Farrell has alot to prove in TOR. This series might be a whitewash.

If Hoki gets too cute with his pitch selection he may run into trouble but I think he cruises and the Stohs pen gives it away big time. Cano with multiple HRs in a blowout type offering.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278786
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Interesting Romine 0-3 1K didn't even stick long enoegh to see a breaking ball...or maybe because the heater was working...ah well he sits....

Behdahd v Phelps in the decider? Phelps comes out looking like a Cy against this scrubber or if he stinks it up worse than Behdahd...well at least Warren and Nuno threw... his job is safe...cuz the farm is empty...

“I hate math”

Since: Oct 07

But I love counting money

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278787
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>This whole day is making me sick.. Jayson Collins comes out proclaiming he's all for stopping the human race so Obama decides to call one of satans children to congratulate him for being a 'hero'...disgusting
Anything Obama does is sickening. Guy has been a disgrace every day of his term as president. I have to head out for the evening in a few. I recommend though to stay tuned in here this evening. Things may get very interesting with the usual suspects. I hate missing things live. This morning it was hilarious when Bronto posted to another poster that I am irrelevant. One last place team posting to the other last place team. Funny stuff.

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278788
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hate to say it but the ol 'do the Hoki Kuroki and turn it around' sounds like the call of the day.
I did say yesterday that the Jays would also end their skid...not sure if its this series anymore, if the players are quitting on Gibbons they might half-arse it just to get him canned.
If the Sox sweep then he gets canned, think Lester will not be 100% but should they easily take the win, Buch as well...then? Dempster starts his 6 inning act he might leave the door open.
Farrell has alot to prove in TOR. This series might be a whitewash.
If Hoki gets too cute with his pitch selection he may run into trouble but I think he cruises and the Stohs pen gives it away big time. Cano with multiple HRs in a blowout type offering.
What a shame....that means the ignorant circle comes out of hiding
the don

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278789
Apr 30, 2013
 
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>You were dead on accurate
speaking of dead how those Mets doing dopey..
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278790
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Whoa baby Humber has pitched 5 innings in his last two starts....total...

Sox lit him up for 7 earned...7 wow thats crap-tacular isn't it?

Hey today is (tomorrow there) May first...where's Jeter?...where's Grandy....where's Teixi?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278791
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>What a shame....that means the ignorant circle comes out of hiding
Can you see it going any other way? If the lineup falls flat perhaps...but they will all be swinging for the stats page.

If the Jays win they will crap on and on about it...but thats baseball ....all streaks and skids end...

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278792
Apr 30, 2013
 
the don wrote:
<quoted text> they were that high....
Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Jackson-Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson-Heights
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••