Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#278121 Apr 25, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
Wow..in yesterdays Tampa Tribune.
Yankees' Rivera on unprecedented farewell tour
Tampa Tribune | Apr 24 0 0He is the last major-league baseball player to regularly wear 42, Jackie Robinson's number. There is poetry in that, dignity, class and professionalism, too.
Mariano Rivera, 43, baseball's greatest reliever and one of its finest men, is retiring after this season. The Yankees closer, with more saves than anyone in history, is closing it out.
That meant not stepping down after he blew out his right knee last May while shagging batting practice fly balls in Kansas City. That meant coming back in 2013, going out on his terms, on top, same Mo as ever.
And Tuesday, before the Yankees played the Rays at Tropicana Field, it meant another stop on Rivera's farewell tour, a truly touching one.
In a storage area down the left-field line, not far from the Yankees clubhouse, a meeting area was arranged, blue curtains and folding chairs. Some of those who gathered didn't need the folding chairs. They had their wheelchairs.
They were patients from the James A. Haley Veterans Hospital in Tampa, they were the real deal, our true heroes, veterans young and old, from too many wars — and they were baseball fans. Mariano Rivera wanted to meet them.
“I don't want to go without saying thank you,” Rivera told them.
“This is a dream come true,” said navy veteran Manny Fernandez, who grew up in New York.“He's an amazing pitcher, but a more amazing person.”
Rivera plans to make a stop like this in each of the stadiums he visits in his final season, talking to fans, or simply folks who work behind the scenes for ball clubs.
In Cleveland, he met with longtime Indians employees as well as John Adams, the super fan who for 40 years has beat a drum in the bleachers at Indians games. The Rays helped set up Tuesday's meeting.
The tour is Rivera's idea. He worked with Jason Zillo, Yankees director of communications and media relations.
“This is kind of unprecedented,” Zillo said.
“It really fits who he is,” said Yankees pitching coach and former Rays manager Larry Rothschild.“It's unique.”
Tuesday, Rivera took questions from the veterans. He wanted to know about them. He smiled for pictures and handshakes and gave every one of his new friends an autographed baseball.
Among them was World War II veteran Edward Tomassine, 93, who fought under George Patton in North Africa and Sicily. And a woman of a son blinded in battle, who told Rivera,“Thank you for the love you have.”
“We go on the field to play,” Rivera said.“They go on the field to defend us, to fight for us, to give their life for us.”

rhode island hack is reduced to lying and editing posts...like a child crying for attention..name calling, taunting..

but, just outright lies...guy has no class

if only his family knew, then again, no doubt they do...

he was tossed out on his ear in the sox forums and he is no doubt not allowed on the one in this topix site...

we have the 3 liars now, mooch, junior and dw...unreal. lets see how he edits the next post or lies again...no doubt, more twisting of facts...

he will run out again, lets hope a new excuse...

2 years ago or was it 3...it was family, work and a life...of course when the yanks swept the sox...when the sox beat the yanks he was here for pages...and had no life, family or work...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#278122 Apr 25, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
we did just what you asked...we did ask bhj...
he told us the low lifes were your buddies
is that why you left? i thought it was no yank chat
or, sox sucked??
oh why don't you just treat us to another tale from the 5 year log of 'what they did to my family' you know the guy you praised the guy you hold up as the GO TO GUY?

What was it..some industrial screen door accident that you lost your balls to?

notice how your mouthpiece moron from AZ was posting elsewhere yesterday without commnet here...Yanks lose Sox and Mets win? Least you still have the toupee'd loser who can't get his own lies straight, how come you never backed his Ireland story? No dents in your futon for that scumbag either, I don't blame you. I wouldn't trust him to sleep in my trailer on the lawn.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#278123 Apr 25, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
rhode island hack is reduced to lying and editing posts...like a child crying for attention..name calling, taunting..
but, just outright lies...guy has no class
if only his family knew, then again, no doubt they do...
he was tossed out on his ear in the sox forums and he is no doubt not allowed on the one in this topix site...
we have the 3 liars now, mooch, junior and dw...unreal. lets see how he edits the next post or lies again...no doubt, more twisting of facts...
he will run out again, lets hope a new excuse...
2 years ago or was it 3...it was family, work and a life...of course when the yanks swept the sox...when the sox beat the yanks he was here for pages...and had no life, family or work...
OH what they did to my family...boo hoo ...and I'm such a backboneless screen door selling liar andhypocrit...I DID NOTHING.

Hows that feel? The guy you praise when it pleases you..and you didn't do a thing...

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#278124 Apr 25, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Hey buddy what's up...of course I stayed for the whole game real fans never leave early plus with all the food and booze i need for free why leave ? Not a good outing for Harvey by his standards 6 IP 4 H 7Ks and his ERA rocketed to 1.54...he may never be the same....Went to Fallons after to celebrate....This guy Mark Canizzaro might be the biggest douchce sprotswriter in NY. Harvey who grew up in Conn as a huge Met fan and still lives in Mystic knows all about the slime known as the NY Press....I think the thing that bothers slime like Canizzaro is he knows Harveys smarter then him and it bugs the hell out of him....he was trying to bait the cool as ice Harvey after the game insinuating he was brought down to earth when he asked Harvey how he felt he pitched Matts answer was " we won so it really dosent matter how I thought I pitched "...this coming from a 23 year old making Canizzaro look like a fool..of course this wont be printed as an ahole like him will wait for Matt to have a bad game then rip him in the press...he'll be waiting a long long time
Guy threw a QS and has been lights out overall. Certain teams are really ticking me off namely the Nats and Reds. Latos and Strasberg are getting little to no run support despite QS after QS. I had both starters yesterday in the STL/Nats game yesterday. The pitcher who threw the QS got the loss. Can't believe he already got 4 losses. And Latos wins yesterday 1-0 for his 1st win despite his #'s this year

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#278125 Apr 25, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>I've been reading some of the back posts , what does Jimbo mean by calling you his 'go to guy' and sometimes he refers to me as ' 3rd string '....what's the meaning of these terms ? he hasnt been acting right lately
I'm officially the go to guy for truthful and honest posts, adding to my Topix resume of already being the least fooled poster. Also take note, it seems you and I swap titles of boss daily. Right now you're the boss and I'm your employee. But don't enjoy it too long. In a few hours, Jimi will post that I'm the boss again. A sure loonie. I don't wish anything bad on him but he acts bizarre in here. I mean, who cares now why and when DW took a break from the forum last year. Every day same ole same ole out of him

Yea also you're 3rd string. So you're a 3rd string boss now. He is insinuating that a certain poster is 2nd string to me. But he won't confront the 2nd string poster. Just bizarre
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#278126 Apr 25, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Guy threw a QS and has been lights out overall. Certain teams are really ticking me off namely the Nats and Reds. Latos and Strasberg are getting little to no run support despite QS after QS. I had both starters yesterday in the STL/Nats game yesterday. The pitcher who threw the QS got the loss. Can't believe he already got 4 losses. And Latos wins yesterday 1-0 for his 1st win despite his #'s this year
Thought you didn't respect his fantasy BB knowledge; now it seems you seek it...

You clowns seem to level yourselves in the mediated rhelm of stupidity and cowardice.

How the hell does Jimi look at his family and claim to be a man?

Hell you said some horrible things about my relatives then ran from me but at least you posted that youre a coward.

I respect your cowardice more than I respect his arrogance, bad wind will blow his way someday.

We all have to answer.

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#278127 Apr 25, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think those 3 should be mentioned....it's a very touchy subject
I wish Harley and Billy the best though. Both are genuine good guys. Bronto is a different story. I can only hope Bronto would take a trip to south Florida before Billy takes on Todd Geis in the Carolinas
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#278128 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>Guy threw a QS and has been lights out overall. Certain teams are really ticking me off namely the Nats and Reds. Latos and Strasberg are getting little to no run support despite QS after QS. I had both starters yesterday in the STL/Nats game yesterday. The pitcher who threw the QS got the loss. Can't believe he already got 4 losses. And Latos wins yesterday 1-0 for his 1st win despite his #'s this year
Sorry thought it was a Fu post...having trouble with my Ben Harper Itunes feed...burn to shine...

You are the GO TO GUY.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#278129 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>I'm officially the go to guy for truthful and honest posts, adding to my Topix resume of already being the least fooled poster. Also take note, it seems you and I swap titles of boss daily. Right now you're the boss and I'm your employee. But don't enjoy it too long. In a few hours, Jimi will post that I'm the boss again. A sure loonie. I don't wish anything bad on him but he acts bizarre in here. I mean, who cares now why and when DW took a break from the forum last year. Every day same ole same ole out of him
Yea also you're 3rd string. So you're a 3rd string boss now. He is insinuating that a certain poster is 2nd string to me. But he won't confront the 2nd string poster. Just bizarre
Its only a matter of time until I'm turned into Most Maligned Poster in here...look at the standings..then look down the Yanks lineup and my projections for them...You and Momma are safe...they will offer you the olive branch like they did to that poor fag puppet donnie...gotta get behind Yanks 45 Wanted #1 guess thats me since you and Jimi have gotten so close. Don't feel bad I know that its peace on your mind and lets face it Ive put the big big Sox target on my back in here for years and have shown I have the balls to back it up.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#278130 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>I wish Harley and Billy the best though. Both are genuine good guys. Bronto is a different story. I can only hope Bronto would take a trip to south Florida before Billy takes on Todd Geis in the Carolinas
I miss Billy he was a baseball guy...turf and sweat...loved talking the stuff most of the guys in here don't get with him

I like Harley as well, next time I'm in th NY area I'll ask him to show me the stadium.

Bronto is a football guy. Lotta show, stand the line. Good heart.

Fu is a compulsive liar.

Jimi is a bitter fool.

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#278131 Apr 25, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Its only a matter of time until I'm turned into Most Maligned Poster in here...look at the standings..then look down the Yanks lineup and my projections for them...You and Momma are safe...they will offer you the olive branch like they did to that poor fag puppet donnie...gotta get behind Yanks 45 Wanted #1 guess thats me since you and Jimi have gotten so close. Don't feel bad I know that its peace on your mind and lets face it Ive put the big big Sox target on my back in here for years and have shown I have the balls to back it up.
You think Hanrahan gets the closers job back when he returns? Bailey has looked good and has closed games before while in Oakland. Does Bailey go back to set up role?

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#278132 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I miss Billy he was a baseball guy...turf and sweat...loved talking the stuff most of the guys in here don't get with him
I like Harley as well, next time I'm in th NY area I'll ask him to show me the stadium.
Bronto is a football guy. Lotta show, stand the line. Good heart.
Fu is a compulsive liar.
Jimi is a bitter fool.
Yea, you and Billy are nuts and bolts kinda guys when it comes to baseball. You guys notice and recognize all the little things in the game. I'm really only an exterior like guy. I'll just polish and wax the car to make it all shiny without checking if the engine or interior is ok
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#278133 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>You think Hanrahan gets the closers job back when he returns? Bailey has looked good and has closed games before while in Oakland. Does Bailey go back to set up role?
Thats a damn tough situation and a very good question. Bailey has always been shakey, Hanrahan has never had a real reason to close and is a FA next season. SO...Bard is back...Acapulco Al pissed his teamates off so much he has 72 hours to be traded...and the reason he hasn't been Morales tweeked his pec coming back.

Bailey was suppose to be trade bait, now he has years on Hammer.

So my guess for team harmony its Hammer after a show up app
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#278134 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>Yea, you and Billy are nuts and bolts kinda guys when it comes to baseball. You guys notice and recognize all the little things in the game. I'm really only an exterior like guy. I'll just polish and wax the car to make it all shiny without checking if the engine or interior is ok
I really wish when his kid was going to the regional tryout he had given me details- I asked he didn't respond, I understand why he didn't but still I could have gotten his kid a look at a Jr. Coll program if he had it....

I gotta say you are following the lineups better to prove me wrong or whatever, its a season thing...we don't agree but we don't fight and thats something that the other jaded crowd doesn't get.

Hate that Fu uses the NYSOM tag. He doesn't deserve it. He's no where near where the real NYSOM gets the game.

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#278135 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Thats a damn tough situation and a very good question. Bailey has always been shakey, Hanrahan has never had a real reason to close and is a FA next season. SO...Bard is back...Acapulco Al pissed his teamates off so much he has 72 hours to be traded...and the reason he hasn't been Morales tweeked his pec coming back.
Bailey was suppose to be trade bait, now he has years on Hammer.
So my guess for team harmony its Hammer after a show up app
Hanrahan while in Pitt was as good as any closer in baseball. However most closers only have a shelf life of a few years. Every year, theres like 10 closers who are lights out who were never expected to be closers at the start of the year.

I'm out, enjoy
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#278136 Apr 25, 2013
ANZAC DAY in Australia

Well you can’t sleep in my bed no more
Well you can’t ride in my car
I won’t let you cook for me baby
It’s never gonna get that far

Gonna send you back to wherever the hell
It was you came
Then I’m gonna get this tattoo
Changed to another girls name

This just ain’t fun no more
Don’t know what to say
The honeymoon is over baby
It’s never gonna be that way again

Well you can’t borrow my shirts no more
You can’t make love to me
This ain’t gonna be your gig no more
Ain’t the way it’s gonna be
I should have left you baby
Back in that last town
Cause the kinda fool you made me girl
I’ll never live it down

I won’t let you share my toothbrush
I won’t let you share my life
Sick of you goin’ on about
How you’d like top be my wife

Cruel Sea...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#278137 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>Hanrahan while in Pitt was as good as any closer in baseball. However most closers only have a shelf life of a few years. Every year, theres like 10 closers who are lights out who were never expected to be closers at the start of the year.
I'm out, enjoy
Nite nite...so should the Sox resign him?..still got Bailey..Bard is back...Uehura is sharp for the next 2 and Tazawa is the bomb

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#278138 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>Hanrahan while in Pitt was as good as any closer in baseball. However most closers only have a shelf life of a few years. Every year, theres like 10 closers who are lights out who were never expected to be closers at the start of the year.
I'm out, enjoy
Hey buddy i'll be enjoying also although i'm hungover like a dog.....big day in town as Belmont opens it's spring meet, heading up to McCarthys for some pre-race festivities and cocktails then over to that beautiful track to make some cash

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#278139 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I really wish when his kid was going to the regional tryout he had given me details- I asked he didn't respond, I understand why he didn't but still I could have gotten his kid a look at a Jr. Coll program if he had it....
I gotta say you are following the lineups better to prove me wrong or whatever, its a season thing...we don't agree but we don't fight and thats something that the other jaded crowd doesn't get.
Hate that Fu uses the NYSOM tag. He doesn't deserve it. He's no where near where the real NYSOM gets the game.
The Fuloser is the forum sham and backstabber....ask Harley, Bronto and Floppy why they dont post in here anymore...you'll get .........crickets crickets crickets crickets...then Jimbo will chime in with some of his ancient rubbage and start babbling about new neighbors...sometimes I dont know why you waste your time with these morons....granted the entertainment value is priceless but the lie after lie can grow on a guy....i'm off to the races talk to you later
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#278140 Apr 25, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Hey buddy i'll be enjoying also although i'm hungover like a dog.....big day in town as Belmont opens it's spring meet, heading up to McCarthys for some pre-race festivities and cocktails then over to that beautiful track to make some cash
You probably haven't noticed given the Sox standings I'm public enemy #1 here

Jimi should probably follow up his glowing report on UN with a olive branch til or like they did with that dumbwit faggola donnie when they dissed him. Just keep posting good baseball like the mets ace effort today.

Gotta scout buddy slobbering over Montero...the Mets prospect not that Montero falsetto Cashman had to offer to every team in the league

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? 21 min FlagMe 2,549
News Coast Guard chopper makes emergency landing on ... 48 min KNIGHT DeVINE 7
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Brian_G 310,364
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr budd 54,342
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 5 hr Princess Hey 12,177
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 10,545
How did Ben Carson overcome racism and poorness? 7 hr Question 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages