“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#275009 Mar 26, 2013
Da Great DirtyWater wrote:
Hey Sox released your new starting 1Bman Lyle Overbay...
Swwwwwooooooop Cashy swoooop
Arti Moreno spends money like it's going out of style and would rather eat 29 million dollars then keep Wells on his roster, Now Lyle Overbay. Poor Cash-man he's been relegated to stand on the side of the road waiting for people to throw out empty cans for the nickle deposit....Sad

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#275010 Mar 26, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>How funny are these fake fantasy fights ? These twits are truly pathetic
Tman!!! They are funny and pathetic. The same as you fattie!
Paul yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#275011 Mar 26, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text> Arti Moreno spends money like it's going out of style and would rather eat 29 million dollars then keep Wells on his roster, Now Lyle Overbay. Poor Cash-man he's been relegated to stand on the side of the road waiting for people to throw out empty cans for the nickle deposit....Sad
While the idiot Sandy does nothing right in flushing.....way overpays for Wright.....and does nothing to improve that AA-AAA shitti mutsies outfield.....RA Dickey is traded for Toronto landfill dump in return.....4th place 4 years in a row now its cellar time for along time....enjoy fatso.....LMFAO
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#275012 Mar 26, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Tman!!! They are funny and pathetic. The same as you fattie!
Tman-momma is a bitter hack and just plain stupid about baseball....nothing new from fatso......lmfao

“I hate math”

Since: Oct 07

But I love counting money

#275013 Mar 26, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>How funny are these fake fantasy fights ? These twits are truly pathetic
Totally fake. Like Bronto and Jimi are going to ever fool me. A very obvious attempt by them is what is was. I know posters styles too carefully by now

“I hate math”

#275014 Mar 26, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>' most think he's the best CF in the AL ' that's about the funniest thing i've ever read in here, you are truly the biggest fool on Topix.....Hoooooorahhhhhh
How can you take anyone seriously when he posts things like this. Did you see the Marlins are selling tickets on groupon now. And the Sox have not sold out yet any game in the month of April. They lowered beer and hot dog prices to get more fans in the park

“I hate math”

#275015 Mar 26, 2013
Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!!! Hopefully the rest of the team owners feel the same way and not allow our issues to spill into this forum for momma c aka "endless sports knowledge", Unbiased aka irrelevant and DW the yankee hating red sox hack to chime in!
Oh we will see how irrelevant I am. Once the season starts, I for one, will be watching your team very closely. And its in the Bronto Doctrine. As soon as the season starts, the Bronto Doctrine starts

“I hate math”

#275016 Mar 26, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
What gave it away was it kept going on too long. If it was real, the messages would have been sent in pvt. Plus I know Jimi and Bronto and their styles too well. I know when they are faking it or really crying and whining

“I hate math”

#275017 Mar 26, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>I think you're being a little hard on Wells you have to remember he's leaving that pressure cooker in Anahiem, you know how vicious those Angel fans can be plus I heard his problems stemmed from his life long fear of monkeys. He asked the Angels front office to stop putting the Angels " Rally Monkey " up on the scoreboard but it being a fan favorite the monkey won, Wells was never the same. He should feel more comfortable going to a place like Toronto with 15,000 fans in the seats playing on a non-contender. You remember how great he was on those old Toronto teams when they were fighting with those other two AL East powers Baltimore and Tampa for the worst records in baseball. He'll feel right at home with the Juicekees this year and with Brennan Boesch breathing down his neck for playing time he'll be highly motivated, you just wait and see.
After doing my fantasy this year and looking over the players and this this past week, I am changing my tune a bit on the Yankees. They will not win 80 games this year. My guess is mid 70's. They will struggle scoring runs. Not to mention, I think Ichiro and Gards may be the only 2 guys who can score from 2nd base on a single. The pitching is not much better. CC will be ok but the rest of the staff is non impressive. Hughes is hurt again and its his back, which is never good. How many times will Petitte even make it to the 6th inn this year?

I also don't see the Sox as much better. They're going to struggle too
Da Great DirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#275018 Mar 27, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>So Wells career is over cause he had 2 bad years in Anaheim?.....despite the injuries he had?.....and I don't think he was ever a fit there anyway......Yanks paying most of that 13M this year and doesn't hurt their luxury tax status next year......plus he only cost 2 meaningless A prospects....again he's only 34 not 38-39.....if he can stay healthy.....he'll be a plus....he has power.....well needed from the right side with ARod out most if not all year.....
OK a number six hitter but not for the 13m you quote. He gets 13.9m this season to save lux tax NEXT year...so Yanks currently at about $225m (all time high!!!!) So wells portion at value of going over the Lux tax(40% this year 50% next) is $19.46 million dollars.

$19.46 MILLLION DOLLARS for a throwaway.

No one can sell he's worth that.
Da Great DirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#275019 Mar 27, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree LAA was going to cut him loose. Moreno wasn't going eat all $42 million owed minus the veterans minimum. Besides, NYY will pay around $5-6 million in total depending on how long Teixeira is out...
He's had a good spring and only the offence free Yankees offered anything for the hope that he could turn it around. In LA he's blocking guys who can help them win, he knew the ship was sinking.

And the number this year is $19.46m.
Da Great DirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#275020 Mar 27, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Ells had 105 RBI in 2011....nothing close before or since......if he was capable of that why not bat him 3rd or 4th?
I agree. But if he bats 3rd on a walk year whats his value if he puts up those numbers? Also Its Run J F L...Farrel likes to work the runners...wonder how that plays out eh?

Thats probably the best baseball question Ive heard out of you in years.
Da Great DirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#275021 Mar 27, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
That $$$ is coming from the WBC injured player insurance policy?
DUH I only posted that 2 days ago.
Da Great DirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#275022 Mar 27, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong pal.....Yanks put Cabral on the 60 day DL to make room for ex Giant RP Don Otero.....
more and more every day you're getting as bad as your boyfriend momma.....lmfao
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yankees/post...
Uh wrong? OK the obvious choice was to move ANOTHER LH relief arm to the DL, with Logan and Rapata injured and sign a RH throwaway...?...?.. OK so where does Wells spot come from?

OH here we go:

Yankees Release David Adams
By Jeff Todd [March 26 at 5:32pm CST]

The Yankees have released infielder David Adams to make space on the team's 40-man roster for Vernon Wells, tweets Sweeny Murti of WFAN. Adams, 25, spent last season in Double-A, where he hit .306/.385/.450 over 383 plate appearances.

As Larry Stone wrote in the Seattle Times a few years back, a failed medical exam of Adams held up the Yankees' attempt to acquire Cliff Lee in 2010. "I had him," Cashman said of Lee, until the Mariners found that Adams had what turned out to be a fractured ankle. When Cashman refused to replace Adams with Eduardo Nunez or Ivan Nova, Texas jumped in with a deal centered around Justin Smoak. The change of events not only kept Lee from going to the Yanks, but also prevented catcher Jesus Montero from going to Seattle (for the time being).

So they cut a .306 Ml IFer to sign a $19.46m .209 hitter?

And this is a good move? You get a minor leaguer with muddy numbers, an overpriced has been and NO replacement for what you really need which is LH relief and IF support.

And this is a good move? No really PLEASE explain why this is a good move.
Da Great DirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#275023 Mar 27, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> lets hope his spring continues into regular season ...His last two years with LAA weren't very productive...lets hope his performance for the yankees is more like his toronto days...His BA .222 and power numbers 36/95 not very good but I will say a hell of a lot better then anything we currently have in the OF...
And no where near as good as JACKIE BRADLEY Jr.

C'mon any thread of a unbias baseball fan in you would LOVE this kid.
Da Great DirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#275024 Mar 27, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> "Adrian Beltre showboating" hell he was the best 3rd basemen the red sox had ...
Who has the call on a fly ball to LF?

And we had Wade Boggs before he was a shell on a horse.
Da Great DirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#275025 Mar 27, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
Overbay signed by NYY to a minor league deal...
Oh Gee ...no one saw that coming did they?

Da Great DirtyWater
Sydney, Australia
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#274928 14 hrs ago
Judged:
Hey Sox released your new starting 1Bman Lyle Overbay...

Swwwwwooooooop Cashy swoooop

Overbay asked for permission to talk to other teams last week, obvious we wasn't gonna make his cut date, think his agent tried to use the Yanks as a crowbar

Better than Yawn Rivera.
Da Great DirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#275026 Mar 27, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely Grandy is the CF.....if I had it my way....Garner is in LF and Wells is in RF....and Ichiro is being shopped around......when all said and done.....providing Wells pans out....and I think he will.....
Also Wang becomes 4th starter if he he can regain his form to what he once was......Nova or Hughes is the 5th starter....Phelps the long man in the pen.....
Haaaa HA ha ha ha haaaa haa

Please Pauly PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE become the Yankee GM.
Da Great DirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#275027 Mar 27, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>I think you're being a little hard on Wells you have to remember he's leaving that pressure cooker in Anahiem, you know how vicious those Angel fans can be plus I heard his problems stemmed from his life long fear of monkeys. He asked the Angels front office to stop putting the Angels " Rally Monkey " up on the scoreboard but it being a fan favorite the monkey won, Wells was never the same. He should feel more comfortable going to a place like Toronto with 15,000 fans in the seats playing on a non-contender. You remember how great he was on those old Toronto teams when they were fighting with those other two AL East powers Baltimore and Tampa for the worst records in baseball. He'll feel right at home with the Juicekees this year and with Brennan Boesch breathing down his neck for playing time he'll be highly motivated, you just wait and see.
$19.46m is what it will cost the Yankees this year on Wells. The team is at $225m...and they couldn't sign Matin or Soriano who both offered 10m deals not to have to walk?

$225m--- the most expensive team in baseball history--- with as many holes as the Houston Astros.

ANd I didn't call this,sure Fuloser can rattle on about my (confirmed) prediction Crawford would bat 3rd or whatever the stupidity he posts daily...but really Yanks have lost the plot.

The most expensive baseball team in history.
Da Great DirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#275028 Mar 27, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Hughes has trouble staying healthy for one.....always seems something up with him Donnie.....I've tried remaining optimistic for him through the years Donnie.....cause of the great hype on him in his early minor league days......but frankly now I'm getting tired of his shit....same with Joba......Yanks could trade away both and I'm fine with it...and Hughes is probably a Dodger or an Angel next year anyhow as a FA his roots are in southern California.......again Wang only 32 regains his form to what he was and does great in Scranton.....can't just leave him down there.....If Hughes does great at anytime....it never seems to last long enough with him.......see what happens my friend.....
Hughes is, as I always said, a number 5 pitcher with awesome run support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min Earthling-1 47,488
Islanders talk back (Dec '07) 2 hr Cappy must go 4,788
Does Monica Lewinsky work? 4 hr Hey now 1
does anyone kno a loan shark on long island? (Jun '10) 5 hr jarod 41
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Midtown East 43rd (Nov '13) 5 hr Sasha W-C 23
Constant parades on 37th Ave. ae a constant pai... Oct 18 truthteller 1
Would you participate in a class action law sui... (Apr '13) Sep '14 Rodamez88 57

Flash Flood Warning for Queens County was issued at October 22 at 4:20AM EDT

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match

Jackson-Heights Jobs

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson-Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson-Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]