|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
This explains the backdating...
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yankees/post...
Ah thanks...so they want to back the Rapada injury as BOONE LOGAN! is hurting as well...who they got in the fold for LH relief?

I suppose that makes sence, you can always skip Hughes turn and take advantage of Phelps being stretched out.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Napoli's numbers are at league average but he has never played the position for any extended time without bending his knees for a game or two in between. Pedy has huge range playing next to him, Cano doesn't do the same for Rivera. On the other side looks like Iggy will be the starting SS and he covers the whole IF and half of Landsdown street. Jeter/Nunez don't let Cano cheat towards first.
Plus I'll take a catchers eye and glove at 1B over an OFers anyday of the week.

i will give you iggy cannot hit but sure can field...and peds will make up some for napoli...again, saying he is better is funny as both are average to poor..or bad, to badder...

neither is gonzo or tex...that position will suffer defense wise for both teams.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
i will give you iggy cannot hit but sure can field...and peds will make up some for napoli...again, saying he is better is funny as both are average to poor..or bad, to badder...
neither is gonzo or tex...that position will suffer defense wise for both teams.
Yes but only the Yankees are still paying a high price for it.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Cabral and Rondon the only LH relievers at Camp George that aren't hurting?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Cabral and Rondon the only LH relievers at Camp George that aren't hurting?

there is this spence kid...he looked real good...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

This one's for Pauly:

Lyle Overbay anxious over his fate
Permalink|Comments (14) Posted by Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff March 22, 2013 11:47 AM
By Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff

DUNEDIN, Fla. Tuesday is the big day for Lyle Overbay. He has an opt-out in his contract Tuesday and right now, barring a big couple of games (he was in the lineup today vs. the Blue Jays) he probably would make the Red Sox.
If the Red Sox don't elect to keep him on the major league roster but want to send him to the minors, they have to pay him a $100,000 bonus as required by the new collective bargaining agreement.

But it appears Overbay will have other options.

The Yankees may need a lefthanded compliment to Juan Rivera at first base. Yankee scouts have been watching Overbay closely.

"If it works out it works out," Overbay said. "My swing is getting there. I had a back issue a couple of days ago, but I feel fine now, but I lost some time there. I'm not as consistent as I want to be. I felt good in the cage the last couple of days."

Overbay thought the Red Sox were a good fit because Mike Napoli is an inexperienced first baseman. But since then they also traded for Mike Carp, who now has a leg up on Overbay because he's on the roster and had the ability to play the outfield.

"I look at it like I can benefit this team but Im kind of biased," Overbay said.

Carp has a leg up???

>>>>Mike Carp went 0-for-3 on Friday to drop his spring average to .194.
Carp is 7-for-36 with one homer and a 13/2 K/BB ratio. It was assumed he'd have a bench spot after the Red Sox acquired him from the Mariners last month, and David Ortiz's setback placed him in position to claim a bigger role. Still, he has to be vulnerable now as much as he's struggled. It might come down to him and Jackie Bradley Jr. for a spot.

So Overbay is cut for Mike Crap and becomes the Yankee savior?
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

This one's for Pauly:
Lyle Overbay anxious over his fate
Permalink|Comments (14) Posted by Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff March 22, 2013 11:47 AM
By Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff
DUNEDIN, Fla. Tuesday is the big day for Lyle Overbay. He has an opt-out in his contract Tuesday and right now, barring a big couple of games (he was in the lineup today vs. the Blue Jays) he probably would make the Red Sox.
If the Red Sox don't elect to keep him on the major league roster but want to send him to the minors, they have to pay him a $100,000 bonus as required by the new collective bargaining agreement.
But it appears Overbay will have other options.
The Yankees may need a lefthanded compliment to Juan Rivera at first base. Yankee scouts have been watching Overbay closely.
"If it works out it works out," Overbay said. "My swing is getting there. I had a back issue a couple of days ago, but I feel fine now, but I lost some time there. I'm not as consistent as I want to be. I felt good in the cage the last couple of days."
Overbay thought the Red Sox were a good fit because Mike Napoli is an inexperienced first baseman. But since then they also traded for Mike Carp, who now has a leg up on Overbay because he's on the roster and had the ability to play the outfield.
"I look at it like I can benefit this team but Im kind of biased," Overbay said.
Carp has a leg up???
>>>>Mike Carp went 0-for-3 on Friday to drop his spring average to .194.
Carp is 7-for-36 with one homer and a 13/2 K/BB ratio. It was assumed he'd have a bench spot after the Red Sox acquired him from the Mariners last month, and David Ortiz's setback placed him in position to claim a bigger role. Still, he has to be vulnerable now as much as he's struggled. It might come down to him and Jackie Bradley Jr. for a spot.
So Overbay is cut for Mike Crap and becomes the Yankee savior?
Mike Crap? you got that right......I like this trade brewing from MLB rumors......Pirates interested in Dave Aardsma for their setup role for Garrett Jones 1B.......thanks but ahhhh no thanks

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/03/al-east...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
there is this spence kid...he looked real good...
He's not on the 40 so you'd have to make a move just to get him to cover your 2 injured guys. Rondon's not on the active roster but you can swap him for Hughes or Rapada or Logan...might happen.

Guess its up to Cabral who couldn't get out of AA in 6 years with the Sox...he didn't catch on with the Rays or Royals either.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Mike Crap? you got that right......I like this trade brewing from MLB rumors......Pirates interested in Dave Aardsma for their setup role for Garrett Jones 1B.......thanks but ahhhh no thanks
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/03/al-east...
Someone LIKE Aardsma? Struggling with injury?....if the Pirates offer Jones for Aardsma... Cashman broken leg and all... will drive him to Pittsburgh.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
He's not on the 40 so you'd have to make a move just to get him to cover your 2 injured guys. Rondon's not on the active roster but you can swap him for Hughes or Rapada or Logan...might happen.
Guess its up to Cabral who couldn't get out of AA in 6 years with the Sox...he didn't catch on with the Rays or Royals either.

cut him, spence looked good and pitched in back to back.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

<quoted text>
Someone LIKE Aardsma? Struggling with injury?....if the Pirates offer Jones for Aardsma... Cashman broken leg and all... will drive him to Pittsburgh.
I didn't make the shit up Dirty.....I'm just providing the link of a possibility that's all.....nothing more than a rumor......I'm not interested in Carp or Crap as you call him or Overbay......One Yankee pitcher they plucked out of the independent league looks pretty good......a 25 year old lefty Vidal Nuno.....

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGdX7t5kxRGW... **http%3a//www.baseball-refere nce.com/minors/player.cgi%3fid =nuno--001vid
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Whoops....here's the link....

http://www.google.com/url...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't make the shit up Dirty.....I'm just providing the link of a possibility that's all.....nothing more than a rumor......I'm not interested in Carp or Crap as you call him or Overbay......One Yankee pitcher they plucked out of the independent league looks pretty good......a 25 year old lefty Vidal Nuno.....
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGdX7t5kxRGW... **http%3a//www.baseball-refere nce.com/minors/player.cgi%3fid =nuno--001vid

he pitched against the soxies and looked good...another good outing for him

he might be a triple aaa guy

good one, i forgot about him...

of course, dw will not like him...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Just got the lowdown on Spence...seems he's Australian, but not a familiar name here because he doesn't play for international or national teams here.

Left handed junkballer that throws "grapefruit sized fastballs" according to a guy I know who knows him from the Melbourne comp.

Since Joe G has a tendancy to try and stretch his LH to 2/3 of an inning at least thats a tough ask..but I'll always cheer for the Aussie.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't make the shit up Dirty.....I'm just providing the link of a possibility that's all.....nothing more than a rumor......I'm not interested in Carp or Crap as you call him or Overbay......One Yankee pitcher they plucked out of the independent league looks pretty good......a 25 year old lefty Vidal Nuno.....
Read the link Pauly...its just Joel Shermans wishful thinking that Aardsma might actually get a return. Then of course I think he proposed Aardsma for Boesch and the Yanks got both...so who knows...
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah he does looked real good and poised....think he will be headed to AAA as well.....his AA numbers weren't too bad at Trenton last year......114 IF 2.45 ERA 4-1 ratio of SO over BB 100-27.......of course DW won't like him.....he's not a Red sock.....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuno? I like the way the Yanks stashed him in the independant league for 6 games in 2011...whats that a roster cruch at A ball or is he a head case?

Still never pitched above AA, worked as a minor league starter and his frame doesn't warrent that...

Once again....not on the 40.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Spence reminds me of Rapada....with his sweeping sidearm delivery with late breaking action......almost looks like its gonna hit the LH batter......he looks good to me also......good pickup from the Pads....and he's also only 25.....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

<quoted text>
Read the link Pauly...its just Joel Shermans wishful thinking that Aardsma might actually get a return. Then of course I think he proposed Aardsma for Boesch and the Yanks got both...so who knows...
I know it was Joel Sherman from the post Waldo....but MLB rumors took on the link......again just a rumor.....man you sound jealous and wanna fight all the time pal......did your kids beat you up again in a wrestling match at home or what? settle down man......
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah he does looked real good and poised....think he will be headed to AAA as well.....his AA numbers weren't too bad at Trenton last year......114 IF 2.45 ERA 4-1 ratio of SO over BB 100-27.......of course DW won't like him.....he's not a Red sock.....
I don't know anything about him but his AA numbers look solid...

Nice piece on him here:

http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2012/06/vidal-n...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Jackson-Heights News, Events & Info