Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“No Lying”

Since: Oct 07

And Never Fooled

#274395 Mar 22, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad ol' David isn't around with his old chemistry debate...
David would argue your post before about the Mets having a commitment next year of $33mil as not a factor in a teams success since payroll isn't a factor in MLB. Imagine the Mets moving in to sign Cano next offseason? Have a good one on this Friday. I have a golf outing in a few. Can't wait

“No Lying”

Since: Oct 07

And Never Fooled

#274396 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh ...ah...did you get the name of the Japanese player who took the standing K to end their WBC chances?
Cot Loo King
After reading and re reading this, I finally got it after pronouncing all these syllables in my head like 100 times

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#274397 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
What letting Posada not compete for the starting job he held for years was "classy"?
Letting him walk out on his team and selling the story to the press was "classy"?
Puting him in a game at 2nd base , rubbing the blowout in the opponant's face while they all guffawed was "classy"?
Let's see how classy he is with Jeter's DL year when Nunez proves once and for all he isn't a starting SS or when Jeter lets up routine groundballs because he can't play the position effectivly anymore.
This is a dumb post even from you, this shows and proves you do not have a shred of objectivity and lack the basic understanding of Baseball. You comments are once again inaccurate.

Washington, DC

#274398 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Or they can be traded.
Prospects don't all have to become All-Stars. You'd know that by now if any of the Yankees prospects actually gave them a return.
Yet another inaccurate post from the forums joke. Yanks have not produced any prospects that have become All Stars.....ROLMFAO.

Washington, DC

#274399 Mar 22, 2013
Jason Bay collects three hits, plays center field
by R.J. White | CBSSports.com

(12:53 am ET) Mariners outfielder Jason Bay spent nine innings in center field in Thursday's game against the Cubs and came through at the plate with three hits in four at-bats.

While Bay in center isn't a defensive alignment the Mariners want to rely on regularly, there's nothing wrong with getting a first-hand look on whether he could handle it on an occasional basis should the need arise. Unfortunately, he didn't have a ball hit his way, and he'll likely man center again on Friday so the team can see him in action.

Washington, DC

#274400 Mar 22, 2013
Hughes set to take another ‘minor’ step on 3 days rest
New York Post | Mar 22 Share ArticlePhil Hughes will pitch in a minor league game for the first time today on three days’ rest.

“They asked and I said,‘I felt fine,’” said Hughes, whose threw a simulated game Monday at the minor league complex.

Hughes, who was hampered early in camp by a bulging disk in the upper back, is trying to avoid opening the season on the disabled list.

Like with Derek Jeter, the Yankees will likely keep Hughes away from big league exhibition games so they can back-date him until today if he has to be placed on the shelf. If backdated to today, Hughes would be eligible to come off the DL April 6.

There is time for Hughes to start the season on the active list but it will be close.

“Let’s see how he does the next two turns,’’ Joe Girardi said.

If Hughes comes through the next two outings without a physical problem he could start against the Tigers on April 6 in Detroit.

Hiroki Kuroda, who Girardi officially anointed his Game 2 starter yesterday, will also throw in a minor league game today.

Girardi said Andy Pettitte will start the third game. CC Sabathia, of course, will work Opening Day against the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium April 1.

* With the Florida portion of spring training ending next Thursday, what becomes of Alex Rodriguez’s rehab program?

According to Girardi, Rodriguez continues to work back from January 16 hip surgery in New York.

“I think he is doing a lot of work in the pool,’’ Girardi said of the third baseman who is expected to be out until at least July and could miss the entire season. And his named has been linked to the Biogenesis situation. The manager says he sends Rodriguez text messages once a week.

Washington, DC

#274401 Mar 22, 2013
Jeter keeping sights set on Opening Day
New York Post | Mar 22 Share ArticleThe syringe of cortisone that invaded Derek Jeter’s left ankle Wednesday deleted a degree of soreness from the hinge.

While that is a positive sign, the Yankees are taking steps to make sure that if Jeter lands on the disabled list he can be backdated. Whatever games Jeter plays in before camp concludes Thursday will be minor league tilts. They don’t count in the backdate scenario because admission isn’t charged.

A player can only be backdated to March 22. If that happens a player can’t come off the disabled list until April 6.

“We need to preserve the ability to backdate him,’’ said general manager Brian Cashman, who also said it was possible for Jeter to be ready by Opening Day.

When Jeter was scratched from Tuesday’s game against the Phillies because of stiffness in the front of the ankle he fractured last October and had surgery on, it was considered by some as a setback. Ditto for when Jeter was injected with cortisone Wednesday.

Nevertheless, Jeter doesn’t view it that way and is going to participate in limited baseball activities today.

“We will see if he gets on the field [today],’’ manager Joe Girardi said .“Hit and go through drills and see where we are at.’’

Jeter said the original goal of being ready to play April 1 remains intact.

Washington, DC

#274402 Mar 22, 2013
Sox are all ready to go we see....ROLMFAO.

Red Sox are an enigma this spring
Foxsports.com | Mar 19

Two scenes from Sunday helped illustrate why it is so difficult to figure out the 2013 Boston Red Sox.

The first occurred in the morning, when manager John Farrell responded to a question about the team’s recovering lefties by talking about designated hitter David Ortiz and shortstop Stephen Drew.

The question, though, was not about the Red Sox’s injured left-handed hitters, but their ailing left-handed relievers, Craig Breslow and Franklin Morales.

What was this, 25 MRIs for 25 players?

The second, more encouraging scene took place in the afternoon, when one of the Sox’s healthy lefties — starting pitcher Jon Lester — threw six perfect innings against the Tampa Bay Rays.

“Man on a mission,” one scout said, adding that Lester will be even better as he refines his command.“Expect a big year for him.”

So, who are the ’13 Sox?

Maybe, as club president Larry Lucchino proclaimed, they will be “scrappy underdogs,” a laughable concept for a team with a payroll of $150 million-plus.

More likely, they will evoke a phrase for which former general manager Theo Epstein once was condemned, and experience a “bridge year.”

Either way, the Red Sox are in something of a no-lose position. For once, expectations are relatively low. If the Sox exceed those expectations, great. If not, the team wasn’t supposed to be good, anyway.
New

United States

#274403 Mar 22, 2013
yes

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#274404 Mar 22, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
Sox are all ready to go we see....ROLMFAO.
Red Sox are an enigma this spring
Foxsports.com | Mar 19
Two scenes from Sunday helped illustrate why it is so difficult to figure out the 2013 Boston Red Sox.
The first occurred in the morning, when manager John Farrell responded to a question about the team’s recovering lefties by talking about designated hitter David Ortiz and shortstop Stephen Drew.
The question, though, was not about the Red Sox’s injured left-handed hitters, but their ailing left-handed relievers, Craig Breslow and Franklin Morales.
What was this, 25 MRIs for 25 players?
The second, more encouraging scene took place in the afternoon, when one of the Sox’s healthy lefties — starting pitcher Jon Lester — threw six perfect innings against the Tampa Bay Rays.
“Man on a mission,” one scout said, adding that Lester will be even better as he refines his command.“Expect a big year for him.”
So, who are the ’13 Sox?
Maybe, as club president Larry Lucchino proclaimed, they will be “scrappy underdogs,” a laughable concept for a team with a payroll of $150 million-plus.
More likely, they will evoke a phrase for which former general manager Theo Epstein once was condemned, and experience a “bridge year.”
Either way, the Red Sox are in something of a no-lose position. For once, expectations are relatively low. If the Sox exceed those expectations, great. If not, the team wasn’t supposed to be good, anyway.

"scrappy underdogs" yup, payroll at 150 mil...ah huh...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#274405 Mar 22, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Great posting DW it's always a pleasure seeing you post your stuff all factual with a little humor....back to NY this morning, by the way I stopped and saw your Sox the other day and they look great, nice and loose this year.
They should be after losing 69 games last year one would think it can only get better for them you would think..

Mets still hoping to finish fourth again and win 70 games this year..Sandy is running out of excuses..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#274406 Mar 22, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> They should be after losing 69 games last year one would think it can only get better for them you would think..
Mets still hoping to finish fourth again and win 70 games this year..Sandy is running out of excuses..

the red sox won 69 games and lost, 93. impressive to say the least.
Susan

Hicksville, NY

#274407 Mar 22, 2013
I think Derek should retire before he really hurts himself.

To everything there is a season. He is the type of guy who will always win at whatever he does.

He should find something new to do.

I don't want him to permanently injure himself. He's done enough for the Yankees.

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#274408 Mar 22, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not want to play for Valentine.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#274409 Mar 22, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not want to play for Valentine.

Its obvious. Good ole momma claimed bobby v manager of the year.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#274410 Mar 22, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a chance to become the first Red Sox team to finish last two years in a row since the 1965-1966 Red Sox team..

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#274411 Mar 22, 2013
Crawford will be in left field tomorrow according to Mattingly.

Hanley's out for 2 months but the Dodgers have plenty to choose from to back him up. I'm going with Punto, myself.

Grienke pitched 4 painless innings on Wednesday & is expected to start again on Monday. Billingsley is set to go on Saturday with no pain.

Dodgers have an over-abundance of starting pitching, I'd expect to see a trade for some bench power or possible added bullpen help.

How about this fantasy trade: Cano to the Dodgers for OF Ethier, RHP Harang, LHP Lilly or Capuano & 2B Ellis? Dodgers put Piug in place of Ethier, add Cano's power & shed some starters with guaranteed contracts & no slots to put them in. Yanks get Ethier's power in right, a solid 2B in Ellis & 2 strong starters, all on the reletive cheap.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#274412 Mar 22, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
Hanley's out for 2 months but the Dodgers have plenty to choose from to back him up. I'm going with Punto, myself.
Grienke pitched 4 painless innings on Wednesday & is expected to start again on Monday. Billingsley is set to go on Saturday with no pain.
Dodgers have an over-abundance of starting pitching, I'd expect to see a trade for some bench power or possible added bullpen help.
How about this fantasy trade: Cano to the Dodgers for OF Ethier, RHP Harang, LHP Lilly or Capuano & 2B Ellis? Dodgers put Piug in place of Ethier, add Cano's power & shed some starters with guaranteed contracts & no slots to put them in. Yanks get Ethier's power in right, a solid 2B in Ellis & 2 strong starters, all on the reletive cheap.

hm, i like ethier...ellis is ok...but the starters are average..i would like to take someone off the farm that is one of the highest mlb ready guys...and maybe lilly. or, 2 of the highest mlb rated guys they have...position players.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#274413 Mar 22, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
Cano is the best 2nd baseman in baseball a rare breed these days who hits for average and power and plays defense...Cano worth a lot more..Ethier is a good player who I like, ellis does nothing for me..Lilly played for the yankees about 10 years ago and was a .500 pitcher and still is..Capuano played with the mets and that about says it all..Would be a bad trade for the Yankees and a great deal for the dodgers..I like Donnie baseball but not this much..
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#274414 Mar 22, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
Hughes set to take another ‘minor’ step on 3 days rest
New York Post | Mar 22 Share ArticlePhil Hughes will pitch in a minor league game for the first time today on three days’ rest.
“They asked and I said,‘I felt fine,’” said Hughes, whose threw a simulated game Monday at the minor league complex.
Hughes, who was hampered early in camp by a bulging disk in the upper back, is trying to avoid opening the season on the disabled list.
Like with Derek Jeter, the Yankees will likely keep Hughes away from big league exhibition games so they can back-date him until today if he has to be placed on the shelf. If backdated to today, Hughes would be eligible to come off the DL April 6.
There is time for Hughes to start the season on the active list but it will be close.
“Let’s see how he does the next two turns,’’ Joe Girardi said.
If Hughes comes through the next two outings without a physical problem he could start against the Tigers on April 6 in Detroit.
Hiroki Kuroda, who Girardi officially anointed his Game 2 starter yesterday, will also throw in a minor league game today.
Girardi said Andy Pettitte will start the third game. CC Sabathia, of course, will work Opening Day against the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium April 1.
* With the Florida portion of spring training ending next Thursday, what becomes of Alex Rodriguez’s rehab program?
According to Girardi, Rodriguez continues to work back from January 16 hip surgery in New York.
“I think he is doing a lot of work in the pool,’’ Girardi said of the third baseman who is expected to be out until at least July and could miss the entire season. And his named has been linked to the Biogenesis situation. The manager says he sends Rodriguez text messages once a week.
Really?

Yankees right-hander Phil Hughes, who's been limited by a bulging disk in his back, is likely to open the season on the disabled list, reports MLB.com 's Bryan Hoch. Manager Joe Girardi, however, would not confirm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 7 min TMAN_Mets 45,381
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 11 min NEMO 4,571
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 21 min bumpy 17,027
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Susanm 18,368
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr weaponX 315,225
Will OJ take a stab at pay per view to make money? 2 hr ThomasA 3
joey d`s pizzeria (Aug '09) May '17 Lisa 3

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance