Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#274234 Mar 20, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Anybody got a clue who our starting infield will be opening day????
It's actually a little frightening to think the Mets might have a better looking starting-day infield in NY this season. Save for Cano, it's all question marks at this point.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#274235 Mar 20, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
damn good question..bet even joe does not know...
wow...
lol..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#274236 Mar 20, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats tough...even tougher looking at the catching situation...I'm not convinced Cervelli or Stewart can call a game...


stewart was the caddy of cc...and did ok...

cervilli? who knows, we will find out.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#274237 Mar 20, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually a little frightening to think the Mets might have a better looking starting-day infield in NY this season. Save for Cano, it's all question marks at this point.


nah, yanks subs better..wright will be out...the ss is hitting under 100...murph is out...and ike davis cant hit mommas weight...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#274238 Mar 20, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Pats play with the Gmen, Dallas, Skins and Eagles they wouldn't be calling lil bill a genius ...A good coach yes and I am of fan but no way does he have a walk in the park like the pats do in the pathetic AL East..I'd bet the Giants division has produced more SB winners then any other division in the NFL..


its surely not the al east...jets with one..the bills..hahahahahaha, and the fins? you have to go back to the old drunks..
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#274239 Mar 20, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
will crawford go on the dl? can he throw yet? start him, bench or trade crawford...be hard with that contract though..maybe boston will take him back
as momma claimed, he should be the mvp...
If boston doesn't maybe the Dodgers can give him to the Mets who really don't have a major league OF ...Freddie got plenty of cash these days according to momma..
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#274240 Mar 20, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
like i said..spring training, those stats inflated vs a and aa players...
I just think he is a 8-10 game winner tops...now if buch and lester are on, they can be the 14-19 game winners...
again, if on, no injuries...
no hopes on lackey. dempster?? who knows..trade bait?
and who knows how the bats are really gonna be
Still Felix has averaged over a K per inning last season as well as spring...he didn't come to camp in shape...

I doubt Lackey is a washup pitching out of the 5th slot. Thats alot of run support for him which he has never enjoyed.

Dempster? I not convinced, but optimistic if he pitches to a quality start regularly he'll win more than he loses...trick with him is to pull him the second he gets shakey..

Not worried about the bats...Sox will score runs.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#274241 Mar 20, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
stewart was the caddy of cc...and did ok...
cervilli? who knows, we will find out.
Who calls that game...CC or Stewart? Its more how they adapt between pitchers than how they call one particular starter. I'm sure they have guys theyre comfortable with and some not so much...

wonder if Joe does a Fat Mike and calls the game from the dugout? Fat Mike then blames the catcher when he messes up...doubt Joe would set aside blame...not in his charecter...Fat Mike ran Napoli out of town urging everyone to get up and dance on the Hank Conger-line...now Angels are desperate for catching...FAs don't want to be Fat Mike's whipping boy...

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#274242 Mar 20, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
nah, yanks subs better..wright will be out...the ss is hitting under 100...murph is out...and ike davis cant hit mommas weight...
I know you guys are going to call me nuts, but I think this might be the time Cashman should start thinking about moving Cano for a few major-league ready guys & a couple of prospects while he's fresh off single-handedly winning the WBC for the DR. Think about it. Walk year, Boras client, he's going to want Tulowitzki-type money or more plus 10 years. Too rich for the Stienbrothers blood. Move him now while you can still get something big back for him. A mid-season rental is much less appealing & the Yankees could really use the manpower at this point. I know, I'm nuts.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#274243 Mar 20, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
like i said..spring training, those stats inflated vs a and aa players...
I just think he is a 8-10 game winner tops...now if buch and lester are on, they can be the 14-19 game winners...
again, if on, no injuries...
no hopes on lackey. dempster?? who knows..trade bait?
and who knows how the bats are really gonna be
Jimi, Buck and lester's 14-19 wins are done this is a bad team and these guys aren't what they were a couple of years ago 12-15 more like it top end for lester..Buch more like 8-10 wins if his back doesn't bark...

lackey where all dead horses go to the glue factory...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#274244 Mar 20, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> If boston doesn't maybe the Dodgers can give him to the Mets who really don't have a major league OF ...Freddie got plenty of cash these days according to momma..
I'd take him back. He busted his arse playing injured last summer to prove his worth only to have the Sox shut him down...

Dodgers would have to eat some salary ...like 80% of it...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#274245 Mar 20, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Still Felix has averaged over a K per inning last season as well as spring...he didn't come to camp in shape...
I doubt Lackey is a washup pitching out of the 5th slot. Thats alot of run support for him which he has never enjoyed.
Dempster? I not convinced, but optimistic if he pitches to a quality start regularly he'll win more than he loses...trick with him is to pull him the second he gets shakey..
Not worried about the bats...Sox will score runs.
sure they will were second to the yanks with 734 last year but they led the AL East in RA with 804...Don't see anything change still bad defense and bad pitching..
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#274246 Mar 20, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd take him back. He busted his arse playing injured last summer to prove his worth only to have the Sox shut him down...
Dodgers would have to eat some salary ...like 80% of it...
Hey big spender...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#274247 Mar 20, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you guys are going to call me nuts, but I think this might be the time Cashman should start thinking about moving Cano for a few major-league ready guys & a couple of prospects while he's fresh off single-handedly winning the WBC for the DR. Think about it. Walk year, Boras client, he's going to want Tulowitzki-type money or more plus 10 years. Too rich for the Stienbrothers blood. Move him now while you can still get something big back for him. A mid-season rental is much less appealing & the Yankees could really use the manpower at this point. I know, I'm nuts.
yes you are...the yanks usually acquire stars not trade em...at this point have to believe the yanks are planning on signing robbie.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#274248 Mar 20, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> sure they will were second to the yanks with 734 last year but they led the AL East in RA with 804...Don't see anything change still bad defense and bad pitching..
If they have any luck they won't have to use players out of position or 14 OFers due to injury so that tightens up the defense...also if Drew's knock on the head holds him out for long he'll lose the job to Iggy whose D will make up for alot of passed runs...of course he's got to learn to bunt...or he won't give them much on the board but for what he takes off he could be more than worth it...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#274249 Mar 20, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text>yes you are...the yanks usually acquire stars not trade em...at this point have to believe the yanks are planning on signing robbie.
Cano's looking geared up for a huge year. Which is good for the Yanks until the bill comes in the offseason...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#274250 Mar 20, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Who calls that game...CC or Stewart? Its more how they adapt between pitchers than how they call one particular starter. I'm sure they have guys theyre comfortable with and some not so much...
wonder if Joe does a Fat Mike and calls the game from the dugout? Fat Mike then blames the catcher when he messes up...doubt Joe would set aside blame...not in his charecter...Fat Mike ran Napoli out of town urging everyone to get up and dance on the Hank Conger-line...now Angels are desperate for catching...FAs don't want to be Fat Mike's whipping boy...
agreed I don't think thats joe's style...From what I've read he seems to be ok with the catching as it is....sure part of that is the party line..

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#274251 Mar 20, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text>yes you are...the yanks usually acquire stars not trade em...at this point have to believe the yanks are planning on signing robbie.
Okay, but let's say you can move him to San Diego for, say Headley & a top prospect like (C) Austin Hedges or (2B) Jedd Gyorko, wouldn't you act on that? San Diego isn't going anywhere in the next few years, I'm sure they'd do a move like that to dump some salary.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#274252 Mar 20, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Cano's looking geared up for a huge year. Which is good for the Yanks until the bill comes in the offseason...
Last year before FA these guys all have big years you notice...Not so sure Cano is going to see a fast ball to hit with this lineup, lots of teams would be wise to pitch around him...hoping I'am wrong..
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#274253 Mar 20, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, but let's say you can move him to San Diego for, say Headley & a top prospect like (C) Austin Hedges or (2B) Jedd Gyorko, wouldn't you act on that? San Diego isn't going anywhere in the next few years, I'm sure they'd do a move like that to dump some salary.
I'd love to see headley come to the yanks would begin solving a lot of our problems....But not likely SD would ever pay Robbie's current salary let alone his future numbers..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pardon me but you have my tax returns 24 min whalewatcher 1
Time to go? (Jun '15) 40 min Into The Night 13,425
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 44 min cpeter1313 315,161
Trump pardons himself and family in advance 1 hr Justice 1
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr NEMO 4,547
Older lady looking !! 2 hr Grandma Jean 4
TRUMP - " Your President is NOT a CROOK ! " 5 hr Old Millennia Tramp 8

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages