Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#272374 Mar 8, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
side bet, joba is gone...logan will stay, hughes will get a fair offer...alot depends on the year hughes has.
Agree......
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#272375 Mar 8, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
side bet, joba is gone...logan will stay, hughes will get a fair offer...alot depends on the year hughes has.
If Joba is effective this coming season, think he's stays at a reasonable number. Think Hughes can go, especially to his native SoCal where Moreno has all that FOX broadcast money to spend...
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#272376 Mar 8, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> would have been fine with me paulie..soriano with 42 saves last year...who knows what Mo gives you this year and he's already said he's retiring after this year..and please don't tell me youre going to turn this team over to montgomery or Joba..Soriano was part of the salary purge..nothing more nothing less..
For one I hope Joba is gone......don't know about Montgomery until he pitches on a big league level in games that count......but I wanted Soriano's deal picked up.....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#272377 Mar 8, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Headley is their "franchise". He's on the dirt cheap until 2015 ($8.5 mil this year, they hold an option on him for next). No way the Pads are even going to consider it.
Yankees don't have the chips for a trade like that anyway.
Yanks have the chips.....that's not the problem......the problem is will the Yanks part with some chips and give Headley a big payday.....they already have that problem with Cano......Grandy as well will be a FA after this year.....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#272378 Mar 8, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
If Joba is effective this coming season, think he's stays at a reasonable number. Think Hughes can go, especially to his native SoCal where Moreno has all that FOX broadcast money to spend...


from what i read, and not willing to go back thru old articles, yanks tired of his act...his starter bs this spring made a few ticked off

like i said, just a side bet...lets say, gentlemens wager...

I say he is gone, a low ball offer.

as for hughes, alot depends on this year..will moreno toss money alot if hughes is injured and does not perform? will the yanks?

what could be interesting if pineda does come back late summer and excels..he is tossing now and has looked fine. long way to go, at least 3 more months...

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#272379 Mar 8, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
If Joba is effective this coming season, think he's stays at a reasonable number. Think Hughes can go, especially to his native SoCal where Moreno has all that FOX broadcast money to spend...
If any team offers Joba a starting gig, he's gone. He thinks he can start.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#272380 Mar 8, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Cuddyer career average is 21HR 83 RBI .271 BA.....Nick Swisher type numbers with a better BA.....think the Rocks rather rid of his money than looking for major prospects....if wrong about that no way you make the deal.....
Think his money & what COL would want in return negates that possibility. Your idea on Colvin makes sense for NYY from a versatility & salary perspective...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#272381 Mar 8, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Headley is their "franchise". He's on the dirt cheap until 2015 ($8.5 mil this year, they hold an option on him for next). No way the Pads are even going to consider it.
Yankees don't have the chips for a trade like that anyway.
not sure what the pads ask or if they will move him..Not sure if the yanks want him with Arods contract...But the yanks got plenty of chips to get him if they really want him...Minor league talent and pitching...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#272382 Mar 8, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
If any team offers Joba a starting gig, he's gone. He thinks he can start.
if the yanks want joba he stays that simple..
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#272383 Mar 8, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Think his money & what COL would want in return negates that possibility. Your idea on Colvin makes sense for NYY from a versatility & salary perspective...
I'd rather the Yanks go after Colvin over Cuddyer....Cuddyer is just an alternative if a right deal comes along.....he's not worth the farm......
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#272384 Mar 8, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
If any team offers Joba a starting gig, he's gone. He thinks he can start.
Lets put it this way....I'm hoping there's a team out there right now that wants Joba to be their starter......
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#272385 Mar 8, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
from what i read, and not willing to go back thru old articles, yanks tired of his act...his starter bs this spring made a few ticked off

like i said, just a side bet...lets say, gentlemens wager...

I say he is gone, a low ball offer.

as for hughes, alot depends on this year..will moreno toss money alot if hughes is injured and does not perform? will the yanks?

what could be interesting if pineda does come back late summer and excels..he is tossing now and has looked fine. long way to go, at least 3 more months...
Don't think NYY took Joba's comments about starting too seriously. He was asked the question about being a SP. He answered it honestly. That said, doesn't mean he's a SP. To me, he's most effective as a RP. All comes down to how Joba performs. If he's effective, he'll get paid by NYY or another team...

If Hughes has a similar or better season in 2013 from 2012, he's going to get big money. If Anibal Sanchez can get big money, Hughes can get more. Hughes is a better SP than Sanchez..

Pineda shows he's recovered & pitches effectively, think that makes the decision on Hughes easier...
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#272386 Mar 8, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text>not sure what the pads ask or if they will move him..Not sure if the yanks want him with Arods contract...But the yanks got plenty of chips to get him if they really want him...Minor league talent and pitching...
Pads wanna move him....they can't afford the kinda deal Headley wants.....its a matter of what they want for him in return.....
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#272387 Mar 8, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
side bet, joba is gone...logan will stay, hughes will get a fair offer...alot depends on the year hughes has.
How much..lol

More worried about losing hughes over money...logan's no loss
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#272388 Mar 8, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuddyer will cost more in prospects & salary than NYY wants to play. To date, Hal wants 2014 payroll under $189 million. Have their own FA's like Hughes, Logan & Joba to pay in 2014. Besides, never have been enamored with Cuddyer. Know what his career BA is at YS? Try .208...
Youre dead on with this one. Yanks will make Hughes, Logan & Joba an offer so they get a pick if they go. If not argue that they could all benefit from building value if their careers stay stalled (less so for Logan, he's at peak value).
Either way win win for the Yanks as they desperatly need some high end for their farm. Cuddy's salary isn't do-able next season.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#272389 Mar 8, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
If any team offers Joba a starting gig, he's gone. He thinks he can start.
whats so unusal about that most young relievers with a live arm think they can start...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#272390 Mar 8, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text>not sure what the pads ask or if they will move him..Not sure if the yanks want him with Arods contract...But the yanks got plenty of chips to get him if they really want him...Minor league talent and pitching...
Yankees don't have any 'out of the box' prospect which step up now which is what teams like SD will be looking for. If you want to clean out the dead wood and offer half of Scranton youre weakening your depth in a bridge year. Plus what they got isn't any better than what every team has already.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#272391 Mar 8, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think NYY took Joba's comments about starting too seriously. He was asked the question about being a SP. He answered it honestly. That said, doesn't mean he's a SP. To me, he's most effective as a RP. All comes down to how Joba performs. If he's effective, he'll get paid by NYY or another team...
If Hughes has a similar or better season in 2013 from 2012, he's going to get big money. If Anibal Sanchez can get big money, Hughes can get more. Hughes is a better SP than Sanchez..
Pineda shows he's recovered & pitches effectively, think that makes the decision on Hughes easier...
Good post again. Pineda does make Hughes irrelevant as both are unreliable. The key to that working out in their favor is Phelps and Nova stepping up and wave bye bye to Pettitte and possibly Kuroda if his numbers fall back in line with his career numbers.
the light Yankee offense won't do the starters records any favors but might help Cashman keep them on board for a season on the cheap while they reset the lux tax.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#272392 Mar 8, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> whats so unusal about that most young relievers with a live arm think they can start...
Probably because most young relievers were stretched out as starters in the minors

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#272393 Mar 8, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Justin Morneau? He's in his last year of contract, and I would think the Twins wouldnt mind getting rid of his money.
Ever see what he does in Yankee Stadium? Geeeeeesh!
Intersting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does Tesla still need tax subsidies? 5 min Enginerding 4
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min Complaining 319,717
Apple believes that diversity drives innovation 20 min Progressive 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,104
jets talk back (Dec '07) 2 hr jimi-yank 15,128
News Jehovah's Witnesses sell The Towers, a storied ... 2 hr Well Well 25
News More Aug '17 Tina 5

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages