Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Tito had to go unfortunatly. He knew it, ownership knew it. It was his time, nothing worse than someone hanging out at the party too long.
As I said last year Sox wanted Farrell, but Jays wanted Bucholtz a price they wouldn't pay. So they hired the Anti-Tito in Valentine. Because he would polarize players and fans. He was only there until Farrell's contract expired. Valentine expired first. So they pay with Aviles who the Sox didn't need.
I read the Francona book did you? Wasn't nearly as blazing as Torre's. My guess you read neither.
Of course he read neither book.

“I am going to Hell”

Since: Oct 07

Anybody want anything?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

TMAN_Mets wrote:
<quoted text>hey buddy and good post. I just went back and noticed you did tell him about Ray. pay no attention to that dope Jimbo...LMAO
Thank you. I don't doubt Harley saw and recommended the movie though. Ray was a well done movie

“I am going to Hell”

Anybody want anything?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Ive answered ever worthy point pointed at me, you haven't answered any of my criticisms of the current Yankee makeup. You question the reliability of my info and I back it all up.
So whose head is in the sand?
I don't want to slide back into your cesspool your dirty little game so you can talk baseball civily as Fu has done or you can keep talking your broken record crap and I'll ignore you like Pauly. You don't change. You don't educate yourself. You are intellectually incapable of holding a debate. Your opinion means nothing to me.
Of course he doesn't post sports in a civil fair tone and is intellectually incapable otherwise. And uneducated. I agree as well. Problem is if you just ignore him, he will just continue to take shots at you unfairly
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Good to hear from you.

We're saying the same thing. Problem is that 189 number is heavily laden with long term contracts and they got another one in Cano pending. Thats a major slice of the pie. Doesn't help Yanks have not drafted well and the slot money and IFA slots where their deep pockets have held them an advantage are now closed. SO 189 is not a sustainable number. They are cashing in a coupon and will be facing it again within the decade.

And Rupe....he got a sweet deal with an option to consume YES. Hal maxs profits he could be planning to sell on the upside.
Likewise. Hope all is well with you healthwise...

Think Hal & family realized they couldn't pay what Rupert could pay for NYY broadcast rights. Rupert wants the NY market for regional sports & is paying a premium for that. LAD getting an average of $275 million per season from TW. Rupert has no issue paying at least that for NYY broadcast rights...

As for Rupert taking ownership of all NYY assets the Steinbrenner family controls, the number starts with at least a 4 with lots of 0's following...

“I am going to Hell”

Anybody want anything?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

What is this fascination for using hearts on a sports forum with men here. This isn't Sex in the City here
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Think you're under estimating Dempster. I think he'll either be the opening day starter or the #2 starter behind Lester. Probably 2 starter. Maybe I'm wrong but think the Sox use him in either the 1st or 2nd game of the season
I hope I'm underestimating Dempster because I hardly rate him at all.

A little early to project rotation for the Sox. Lackey showed what a year and a half off today could be.

>>The plan was for Lackey to throw one inning or 20 pitches Saturday against the Tampa Bay Rays in Boston's Grapefruit League opener. He executed the plan to a T, recording three outs on 20 pitches, 10 of them for strikes. All but one of his pitches was a fastball, which was in the 88-89 mph range. His aim at the outset was a bit faulty. He walked the first batter, Ben Zobrist, on five pitches, gave up a first-pitch single to Desmond Jennings, and hit the next batter, Matt Joyce, with a pitch. A little too much adrenaline, perhaps?

"Definitely something," he said. "I got better when I got a little more tired. The ball started coming down a little bit. The first couple of hitters I was up in the zone.

"I was basically just going to throw all fastballs today, build up arm strength. I think I tried one changeup. It's definitely a little different from throwing on the side for sure."

Lackey struck out the next hitter, Jack Cust, and got out of the inning with a yield of just one run, which scored on a sacrifice fly by Rays second baseman Ryan Roberts.

"Results, that stuff I wasn't really concerned about," Lackey said. "I was just glad to be back out there, get things going in that direction. Next time out, I'll start working on a few other things."
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Likewise. Hope all is well with you healthwise...
Think Hal & family realized they couldn't pay what Rupert could pay for NYY broadcast rights. Rupert wants the NY market for regional sports & is paying a premium for that. LAD getting an average of $275 million per season from TW. Rupert has no issue paying at least that for NYY broadcast rights...
As for Rupert taking ownership of all NYY assets the Steinbrenner family controls, the number starts with at least a 4 with lots of 0's following...
Thats a good price. I just don't think the Steinbrenner boys have the will or the brains to keep the organization on track.Hals already made cuts in the minors seems to me they trying to make the business look better on paper. How that translate to how it looks on grass will be interesting.

“I am going to Hell”

Anybody want anything?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I hope I'm underestimating Dempster because I hardly rate him at all.
A little early to project rotation for the Sox. Lackey showed what a year and a half off today could be.
>>The plan was for Lackey to throw one inning or 20 pitches Saturday against the Tampa Bay Rays in Boston's Grapefruit League opener. He executed the plan to a T, recording three outs on 20 pitches, 10 of them for strikes. All but one of his pitches was a fastball, which was in the 88-89 mph range. His aim at the outset was a bit faulty. He walked the first batter, Ben Zobrist, on five pitches, gave up a first-pitch single to Desmond Jennings, and hit the next batter, Matt Joyce, with a pitch. A little too much adrenaline, perhaps?
"Definitely something," he said. "I got better when I got a little more tired. The ball started coming down a little bit. The first couple of hitters I was up in the zone.
"I was basically just going to throw all fastballs today, build up arm strength. I think I tried one changeup. It's definitely a little different from throwing on the side for sure."
Lackey struck out the next hitter, Jack Cust, and got out of the inning with a yield of just one run, which scored on a sacrifice fly by Rays second baseman Ryan Roberts.
"Results, that stuff I wasn't really concerned about," Lackey said. "I was just glad to be back out there, get things going in that direction. Next time out, I'll start working on a few other things."
Last year he threw 175 innings and before that was over the 200 inning mark since 2008 each season. He seemed to be out of place in Texas but in Chicago last season, in over 100 innings with them had a 2.25 era.

“I am going to Hell”

Anybody want anything?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Good nite everyone, including the homo heart filled judger
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Cashman better talk to Hal and make a move on Ryan Theriot. Perfect fit. Great price.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Last year he threw 175 innings and before that was over the 200 inning mark since 2008 each season. He seemed to be out of place in Texas but in Chicago last season, in over 100 innings with them had a 2.25 era.
OK I'll put you down as a Dempster fan. For me? Think I'm a Dempster skeptic. Sometimes I see too much Brad Penny. Look at his numbers go boom in the 6th. Sox certainly have the pen to cover that this year, so he might work.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

<quoted text>
Thats a good price. I just don't think the Steinbrenner boys have the will or the brains to keep the organization on track. Hals already made cuts in the minors seems to me they trying to make the business look better on paper. How that translate to how it looks on grass will be interesting.
Hal does have the smarts to know he's better in the background than his brother. As for the will, can certainly understand where you're coming from. Don't think all of George's offspring have his obsession towards NYY. Be interesting to see when the matriarch passes on do the children sell off. Hank & Jessica run the horse farm. Jenny is the good will ambassador to George's charities. Hal is the numbers geek. None of that translates to continuing the ownership of NYY. Could see them cashing out to the highest bidder as long as it's not any of the Dolans. Bad blood between the 2 families...

Those "cuts" were done to bring in some of the spending George allowed. Nothing unusual about that...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Hal does have the smarts to know he's better in the background than his brother. As for the will, can certainly understand where you're coming from. Don't think all of George's offspring have his obsession towards NYY. Be interesting to see when the matriarch passes on do the children sell off. Hank & Jessica run the horse farm. Jenny is the good will ambassador to George's charities. Hal is the numbers geek. None of that translates to continuing the ownership of NYY. Could see them cashing out to the highest bidder as long as it's not any of the Dolans. Bad blood between the 2 families...
Those "cuts" were done to bring in some of the spending George allowed. Nothing unusual about that...
George liked everything under one banner so there was no doubt to who was running the show. You could be right on the family aspect, I don't know it that well other than it doesn't include alot of baseball minds. Think one of the daughters has been rumored to have the nuts but can't get a bolt from the family.

Looking at Cot's Yankees will certainly top last year's salary pool this season. Then next year gets real interesting. Burnetts salary burden is gone...thats a big win. But where do they get OF and THREE starters and sign Cano, possibly restructure Jeter's deal and fill the void on the left side? On less than 100m? and fans are complaining about a watered down version this year that actually costs more than last year.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

<quoted text>
George liked everything under one banner so there was no doubt to who was running the show. You could be right on the family aspect, I don't know it that well other than it doesn't include alot of baseball minds. Think one of the daughters has been rumored to have the nuts but can't get a bolt from the family.

Looking at Cot's Yankees will certainly top last year's salary pool this season. Then next year gets real interesting. Burnetts salary burden is gone...thats a big win. But where do they get OF and THREE starters and sign Cano, possibly restructure Jeter's deal and fill the void on the left side? On less than 100m? and fans are complaining about a watered down version this year that actually costs more than last year.
Not sure any of the daughters are into the idea of what NYY means to them personally. Oh sure, they like the cache that NYY brings to them, Other than that, they appear to stay far away from anything regarding the baseball side of the NYY...

The 2014 NYY financial obligations are what they are. About half of the $189 million will be taken by 4 players (ARod, Sabathia, Teixeira & Cano). Jeter can opt-in at $8 million or opt-out at $3.5 million. If he has anywhere near the season he had in 2012, he's opting out for at least $15 million. That could bring the 2014 payroll to $110 million for 5 players. Less than $79 million to spend on 20 players...

Will be interesting...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure any of the daughters are into the idea of what NYY means to them personally. Oh sure, they like the cache that NYY brings to them, Other than that, they appear to stay far away from anything regarding the baseball side of the NYY...
The 2014 NYY financial obligations are what they are. About half of the $189 million will be taken by 4 players (ARod, Sabathia, Teixeira & Cano). Jeter can opt-in at $8 million or opt-out at $3.5 million. If he has anywhere near the season he had in 2012, he's opting out for at least $15 million. That could bring the 2014 payroll to $110 million for 5 players. Less than $79 million to spend on 20 players...
Will be interesting...
You can count on pressure on Phelps and Pineda to step into the rotation but Hughes Kuroda aren't gonna toss them a discount so even if the first 2 work out you have only 1 true frontline starter in CC.ERA up and runs down is a tough cookie to swallow.

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I had the pleasure today of finally seeing Zach Wheeler live and all I can say is WOW, Sandy has to stick to his guns and give him at least another 3/4 of a year in the minors but the temptation is overwhelming....Boy do I wish it was 2014 already
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

<quoted text>
You can count on pressure on Phelps and Pineda to step into the rotation but Hughes Kuroda aren't gonna toss them a discount so even if the first 2 work out you have only 1 true frontline starter in CC.ERA up and runs down is a tough cookie to swallow.
Don't see Kuroda with NYY after this season. Wants to retire in Japan. NYY needs something out of Pineda this season if only to justify the trade. Phelps is fine 1st time around a lineup then his stuff looks ordinary. If Hughes's back is a non issue and puts up the same or similar numbers in 2014, he's getting big money. If Anibal Sanchez can get big money, so can Hughes. Can see Arte Moreno getting involved heavily to bring Hughes back to OC...

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Ive answered ever worthy point pointed at me, you haven't answered any of my criticisms of the current Yankee makeup. You question the reliability of my info and I back it all up.
So whose head is in the sand?
I don't want to slide back into your cesspool your dirty little game so you can talk baseball civily as Fu has done or you can keep talking your broken record crap and I'll ignore you like Pauly. You don't change. You don't educate yourself. You are intellectually incapable of holding a debate. Your opinion means nothing to me.
Post of the year material !!! Don't tell anyone but with the exception of his trusy dog meth head paul his opinion means nothing to anyone in here or on all of Topix for that matter
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>I had the pleasure today of finally seeing Zach Wheeler live and all I can say is WOW, Sandy has to stick to his guns and give him at least another 3/4 of a year in the minors but the temptation is overwhelming....Boy do I wish it was 2014 already
I heard he's ready now but needs more muscle/weight to stand up to a full season. But he's got some great heat and it will be hard to rein him back if the rotation stumbles
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't see Kuroda with NYY after this season. Wants to retire in Japan. NYY needs something out of Pineda this season if only to justify the trade. Phelps is fine 1st time around a lineup then his stuff looks ordinary. If Hughes's back is a non issue and puts up the same or similar numbers in 2014, he's getting big money. If Anibal Sanchez can get big money, so can Hughes. Can see Arte Moreno getting involved heavily to bring Hughes back to OC...
Hughes has a nice record. Sanchez pitches to sub 500 Hughes numbers at .590. Does he get those numbers elsewhere? I doubt it but his agent won't be talking that fact up. Sanchez ERA sub 4...Hughes about 4 1/2...he's in for a payday.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 265,621 - 265,640 of302,115
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min Bitner 303,182
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 14 min Bloody Bill Anderson 13,485
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 40 min Frijoles 65,148
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 1 hr Bruser 7,774
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr MacDaddyobama 6,188
paul ryan’s republican budget 1 hr Bloody Bill Anderson 14
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr forrest 9,395
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights People Search