Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#267930 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>So what you're saying is when the crippled Mariano goes down Robertson will be the closer ? They won't win 80 games
Robertson would close with Joba being the set up guy

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#267931 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>So what you're saying is when the crippled Mariano goes down Robertson will be the closer ? They won't win 80 games
Nats have the best BP in baseball. Its stocked. They're my pick to win the WS this season

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#267932 Jan 15, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
That of Storen along with Morse will be moved before ST...

why not use storen in the pen? 8th inning guy...he is good...

i agree on morse..he is a goner..

and before you mention the other guys in the pen for the nats, my take is...injury..if sori goes down, storen goes back to his slot..trade the other guy who was the 8th inning guy..

several teams are in on morse...last call, was around 5...

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#267933 Jan 15, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Robertson would close with Joba being the set up guy
Make that 75 wins

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#267934 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>Nats have the best BP in baseball. Its stocked. They're my pick to win the WS this season
They'll be tough that's for sure....I wonder if Johnson tells them in ST the same thing he told the 86 Mets..."We're not going to win the division we're going to dominate the division and all of baseball"....greatest spring training talk ever,.... i'll never forget the players faces when he was done, they hit the field that day like a college football team coming out of the tunnel on homecoming

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#267935 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>They'll be tough that's for sure....I wonder if Johnson tells them in ST the same thing he told the 86 Mets..."We're not going to win the division we're going to dominate the division and all of baseball"....greatest spring training talk ever,.... i'll never forget the players faces when he was done, they hit the field that day like a college football team coming out of the tunnel on homecoming

yup, you were there again...like a hemroid...

they came out onto the field in a coke induced rage...a team that should have won for years, and due to drugs that filthy crime laden team sunk to new lows of crime and drugs..

a pathetic group...johnson, the enabler of drugs...winked as they did it..disgusting..

but, you were the stain on the arse allright

keep up the good posting,its noticed! lmfao..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#267936 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Make that 75 wins

wow, thats alot for the mets, we were thinking 65-70...

keep the faith dopey!

keep up the good posting, its noticed...

slackers, lmfao...

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#267937 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>They'll be tough that's for sure....I wonder if Johnson tells them in ST the same thing he told the 86 Mets..."We're not going to win the division we're going to dominate the division and all of baseball"....greatest spring training talk ever,.... i'll never forget the players faces when he was done, they hit the field that day like a college football team coming out of the tunnel on homecoming
Did you ever realize that before that year started, they traded that moneyball GM, Billy Beane for Tim Tuefel

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#267938 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
I forgot about the Dodgers. That will be the NLCS unless they somehow have to play in an earlier round.

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#267939 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>Nats have the best BP in baseball. Its stocked. They're my pick to win the WS this season
I know you're a big Stanton fan...if you were the Mets would you trade Harvey and Wheeler for him ? that's what Miami is proposing. Sandys got alot going on, he can get Upton for one of them or Stanton for both, and of course other kids from both teams thrown in. Getting either or both would make the Mets instant wildcard favorites but would deplete the young future piching staff. Sandys a firm believer that you build your team around young arms and he's got plenty of them a year or two away. I'll keep you posted

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#267940 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>Did you ever realize that before that year started, they traded that moneyball GM, Billy Beane for Tim Tuefel
Yup....good trade if you wanted a right handed hitting second basemen bad trade if you wanted a future genius GM...If memory serves me Beane was a 1st rounder but injuries did him in

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#267941 Jan 15, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
yup, you were there again...like a hemroid...
they came out onto the field in a coke induced rage...a team that should have won for years, and due to drugs that filthy crime laden team sunk to new lows of crime and drugs..
a pathetic group...johnson, the enabler of drugs...winked as they did it..disgusting..
but, you were the stain on the arse allright
keep up the good posting,its noticed! lmfao..
Hey dummy if they had the watered down wildcard they would have won for years....from 84-90 probably 4 WS wins...oh well

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#267942 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>I know you're a big Stanton fan...if you were the Mets would you trade Harvey and Wheeler for him ? that's what Miami is proposing. Sandys got alot going on, he can get Upton for one of them or Stanton for both, and of course other kids from both teams thrown in. Getting either or both would make the Mets instant wildcard favorites but would deplete the young future piching staff. Sandys a firm believer that you build your team around young arms and he's got plenty of them a year or two away. I'll keep you posted
I have no idea about Harvey or Wheeler. I think Stanton will approach the record for most walks in a season. Marlins really gutted their team and its just a matter of when they trade Stanton. My guess is hes a mid season pickup to a contender. I'm not sure when hes eligible for free agency
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#267943 Jan 15, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
why not use storen in the pen? 8th inning guy...he is good...

i agree on morse..he is a goner..

and before you mention the other guys in the pen for the nats, my take is...injury..if sori goes down, storen goes back to his slot..trade the other guy who was the 8th inning guy..

several teams are in on morse...last call, was around 5...
WSH has Clippard as well. They gave up their best 3 prospects for Gio. Could restock the system by trading Clippard/Storen/Morse...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#267944 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>I know you're a big Stanton fan...if you were the Mets would you trade Harvey and Wheeler for him ? that's what Miami is proposing. Sandys got alot going on, he can get Upton for one of them or Stanton for both, and of course other kids from both teams thrown in. Getting either or both would make the Mets instant wildcard favorites but would deplete the young future piching staff. Sandys a firm believer that you build your team around young arms and he's got plenty of them a year or two away. I'll keep you posted

Keep up the good posting,its noticed.

Also. Tell him to read various blogs,mlbtraderumors for the same info
They will keep him posted. Dope

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#267946 Jan 15, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
WSH has Clippard as well. They gave up their best 3 prospects for Gio. Could restock the system by trading Clippard/Storen/Morse...

Good point. I say morse and one of the 2 pitchers listed.

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#267947 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Hey dummy if they had the watered down wildcard they would have won for years....from 84-90 probably 4 WS wins...oh well
I also think like before 1970, there was no ALCS or NLCS. You finished 1st and then played in the WS. The Yankees probably would have about 7-10 less WS rings in their history if they played a playoff round prior to the WS.

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#267948 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>I also think like before 1970, there was no ALCS or NLCS. You finished 1st and then played in the WS. The Yankees probably would have about 7-10 less WS rings in their history if they played a playoff round prior to the WS.
Agreed...probably more like 10-12, the pitching has always been awful....that's why they have the most loses in WS history
YANKEES 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#267949 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed...probably more like 10-12, the pitching has always been awful....that's why they have the most loses in WS history
Also don't forget the most wins in WS history which is very important and all that matters.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#267950 Jan 15, 2013
Slacker By Choice wrote:
<quoted text>Good post Slackers you and your brother are learning well. I also love his explaining what he can't explain interviews, in fact we've heard it 3 of the last 4 years as his teams crumble and collapse not even making the playoffs, quite an accomplishment.

hey momma, recall this melt down?

too damn funny...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 311,489
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 3 hr De Oppresso Liber 11,307
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 4 hr 2 Dogs 1,101
EndlessWinds Kennel Unethical Breeding 4 hr Dani2001 1
General Mills uses imported flour!!! 4 hr Sam 1
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 4 hr Hooplah 40,909
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 4 hr Princess Hey 14,960

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance