Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“No Lying”

Since: Oct 07

And Never Fooled

#267912 Jan 15, 2013
I don't know. The "I like my pitchers" cry or the "7pm Mon nite" cry. Think I like the 7pm Mon nite cry a little better. Maybe each week, every league member has to submit their weekly work schedule. No one is to make any moves if any league members have to work. Because if you don't do this, the smart thing to do is to be in a league where league members work in retail so at 7pm, they're working while you get first dibs at the 2 starters

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#267914 Jan 15, 2013
Judge away. Got a water taxi to catch in a few. I may be back later in the afternoon, tonight or tomorrow. So stay on and make sure you keep checking the forum. Your life shall continued to be controlled by me

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#267915 Jan 15, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
That time of year I'm brushing up on the upcoming fantasy baseball season. I will be keeping a very close eye on team Bronto and team Fu this year. Hope Bronto this year does his crying in here again. Last year was funny when other teams had more starts then him. Of course his reply back was that he liked his pitchers. Soon as he posted them, I laughed. Then the following week, he comes back in and cries again about not having enough starts. Apparantly he didn't like his pitchers 1 week later. Then we had the what I am now referring to as the "7pm Mon nite cry". The 7pm Mon nite cry was a riot. Even funnier than his "I like my pitchers" cry. When one choses to work in retail, one of the disadvantages is working late on weekdays. I wonder what crying he will do this coming year
Ahhhh Fantasy time my favorite time of year....I've got two great sleepers for you, a nice closer that you probably dont even have to waste a pick on as only a few know of him, Detroits Bruce Rondon, he's the reason they won't waste money on Soriano and the frontrunner for AL ROY. This kid throws seeds in the high 90's low triple digits and barring injury will be the closer for a team that'll win 92+ games, he'll probably be good for 35-40 saves with plenty of Ks....as for a first basemen look no further then Big Ike who can probably be had in the 10th round or later...he put up fantastic fantasy numbers last year never being close to 100 percent healthy, 32 HR 26 2B 90 RBI....they'll only get much better this year, from what i've seen of him in the cage and weight room he's never looked better we're thinking 40+ 30+ 110+...can't wait for camp to start

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#267916 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhhh Fantasy time my favorite time of year....I've got two great sleepers for you, a nice closer that you probably dont even have to waste a pick on as only a few know of him, Detroits Bruce Rondon, he's the reason they won't waste money on Soriano and the frontrunner for AL ROY. This kid throws seeds in the high 90's low triple digits and barring injury will be the closer for a team that'll win 92+ games, he'll probably be good for 35-40 saves with plenty of Ks....as for a first basemen look no further then Big Ike who can probably be had in the 10th round or later...he put up fantastic fantasy numbers last year never being close to 100 percent healthy, 32 HR 26 2B 90 RBI....they'll only get much better this year, from what i've seen of him in the cage and weight room he's never looked better we're thinking 40+ 30+ 110+...can't wait for camp to start

"I've seen of him".

Keep up the good posting, its noticed. Lmfao

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#267917 Jan 15, 2013
I see the Islanders with a nice sneaky pick-up off the waiver wire.....good job Garth

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#267918 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhhh Fantasy time my favorite time of year....I've got two great sleepers for you, a nice closer that you probably dont even have to waste a pick on as only a few know of him, Detroits Bruce Rondon, he's the reason they won't waste money on Soriano and the frontrunner for AL ROY. This kid throws seeds in the high 90's low triple digits and barring injury will be the closer for a team that'll win 92+ games, he'll probably be good for 35-40 saves with plenty of Ks....as for a first basemen look no further then Big Ike who can probably be had in the 10th round or later...he put up fantastic fantasy numbers last year never being close to 100 percent healthy, 32 HR 26 2B 90 RBI....they'll only get much better this year, from what i've seen of him in the cage and weight room he's never looked better we're thinking 40+ 30+ 110+...can't wait for camp to start
I generally don't post much about fantasy players. Keep in mind, both Fu and Bronto study all of our fantasy related posts since niether of them are any good. Isn't Coke going to be the their closer this year? Or maybe its his job to lose. I would think Leyland would this young kid as a set up guy, no? Another over rated thing I have found is the teams overall win total in relation to saves. Keep in mind, the Tigers offense, namely Prince and Cabrera tee off on other teams BP. So if they're like ahead 4-2 after 7 innings, its frustrating when they go nuts and now the score is 7-2 after 8. No save. So many times, these good offensive teams pull ahead late to take away the save opportunity because many teams have bad BP's and certain teams will tee off on them. As for Ike, who is even batting 1 and 2 for the Mets and will they get on base a lot? Citifield sucks for HR's but good for doubles in the gap.

Hope Fu and Bronto don't pick up too much here. Think last year, Fu and Bronto drafted 1 and 2. Fu took Pujols and Bronto took Halliday 2nd if my memory is correct. I for one this year will be paying close attention to their drafting on draft day. These guys are the 2 worst ever in fantasy

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#267919 Jan 15, 2013
"the worst ever in fbb"

winner, momma chamberlin, loser of 6 in a row, 9 of 10...loser to 3 ghost teams, and last place in the forum fantasy baseball league...

first to be eliminated....

set records for low scores in cbs in 3 days, not yet matched since..

was banned after 2 years to flea flicker.

loser of 2 of 3 to me, one by over 250 points, speaking of bronto, he beat momma all 3 times, a sweep...and one was almost 300 points...

the term of his playing is

drum role

sad and pathetic...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#267920 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
I see the Islanders with a nice sneaky pick-up off the waiver wire.....good job Garth

whatever that means, lmfao!!
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#267921 Jan 15, 2013
Soriano signs with WSH. Two years, $28 million with a vesting option for a 3rd season. Give his agent all the credit. He owns owners...

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#267922 Jan 15, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I generally don't post much about fantasy players. Keep in mind, both Fu and Bronto study all of our fantasy related posts since niether of them are any good. Isn't Coke going to be the their closer this year? Or maybe its his job to lose. I would think Leyland would this young kid as a set up guy, no? Another over rated thing I have found is the teams overall win total in relation to saves. Keep in mind, the Tigers offense, namely Prince and Cabrera tee off on other teams BP. So if they're like ahead 4-2 after 7 innings, its frustrating when they go nuts and now the score is 7-2 after 8. No save. So many times, these good offensive teams pull ahead late to take away the save opportunity because many teams have bad BP's and certain teams will tee off on them. As for Ike, who is even batting 1 and 2 for the Mets and will they get on base a lot? Citifield sucks for HR's but good for doubles in the gap.
Hope Fu and Bronto don't pick up too much here. Think last year, Fu and Bronto drafted 1 and 2. Fu took Pujols and Bronto took Halliday 2nd if my memory is correct. I for one this year will be paying close attention to their drafting on draft day. These guys are the 2 worst ever in fantasy
Well we know Folosers a thief as pages after pages in the old forum proves and without copy and pasting knows nothing about the game, Brontos just sneaky. Trust me with this kid from Detroit but I hear what you're saying about their offense...as for Ike ? at the moment it's Tejada and Murphy in the 1-2 holes 2 great OBP guys with Wright 3rd....that may change if Arizona would stop badgering Sandy regarding Harvey or Wheeler in the Upton trade, or getting Bourn or maybe both. Sandys holding firm with Arizona and has put together a nice package for them, the Mets are loaded with young arms down below. As for Bourn, Sandys waiting out his agents outrageous terms which get lower every passing day. Either way Big Ike will be good for 40+ 30+ 110+

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#267923 Jan 15, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
Soriano signs with WSH. Two years,$28 million with a vesting option for a 3rd season. Give his agent all the credit. He owns owners...
So what you're saying is when the crippled Mariano goes down Robertson will be the closer ? They won't win 80 games

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#267924 Jan 15, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
Soriano signs with WSH. Two years,$28 million with a vesting option for a 3rd season. Give his agent all the credit. He owns owners...

wow....14 mil a year...looks like another first place finish...so much for the mets for 3 more years...

must mean storen is a set up guy now..
JOE

Rotonda West, FL

#267925 Jan 15, 2013
Go Team
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#267926 Jan 15, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
wow....14 mil a year...looks like another first place finish...so much for the mets for 3 more years...

must mean storen is a set up guy now..
That of Storen along with Morse will be moved before ST...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#267927 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Well we know Folosers a thief as pages after pages in the old forum proves and without copy and pasting knows nothing about the game, Brontos just sneaky. Trust me with this kid from Detroit but I hear what you're saying about their offense...as for Ike ? at the moment it's Tejada and Murphy in the 1-2 holes 2 great OBP guys with Wright 3rd....that may change if Arizona would stop badgering Sandy regarding Harvey or Wheeler in the Upton trade, or getting Bourn or maybe both. Sandys holding firm with Arizona and has put together a nice package for them, the Mets are loaded with young arms down below. As for Bourn, Sandys waiting out his agents outrageous terms which get lower every passing day. Either way Big Ike will be good for 40+ 30+ 110+

fu a thief? for posting pages? just because you cannot handle a computer except to do phony profiles? you're the proven criminal with extensive knowledge of homo terms learned in jail...as for both, they are sharp in fantasy and nothing like you, who is lower then scum on a toilet seat.

mets..this..mets...that...keep on reading the papers...recall the bs line, "I get paid by the mets"...hopefully, it does not interfere with your gm search with rexie...

both know more about any sport then you

right slackers?? whatever that means...lmfao..

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#267928 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Well we know Folosers a thief as pages after pages in the old forum proves and without copy and pasting knows nothing about the game, Brontos just sneaky. Trust me with this kid from Detroit but I hear what you're saying about their offense...as for Ike ? at the moment it's Tejada and Murphy in the 1-2 holes 2 great OBP guys with Wright 3rd....that may change if Arizona would stop badgering Sandy regarding Harvey or Wheeler in the Upton trade, or getting Bourn or maybe both. Sandys holding firm with Arizona and has put together a nice package for them, the Mets are loaded with young arms down below. As for Bourn, Sandys waiting out his agents outrageous terms which get lower every passing day. Either way Big Ike will be good for 40+ 30+ 110+
Bronto is a crybaby more than he is sneaky. I was nice enough to give him the winning strategy formula for his fantasy league. Guy then tells me he likes his pitchers. Just 1 week later, hes crying that he doesn't have enough starts to win this week. He no longer loves his pitchers and their 1 start weeks. Then a few weeks later, hes crying that hes working and cannot get to his computer on Mon nites at 7pm to make moves. He claimed it wasn't fair. Poor Bronto. If you were a working professional, you'd have normal working hours. You chose to work in retail, then expect to work late during the week and on weekends. I'm looking forward to this years league. One guy works at Macy's and another works in Home Depot. These guys cannot win since they'll be working most Mon nites at 7pm

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#267929 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>So what you're saying is when the crippled Mariano goes down Robertson will be the closer ? They won't win 80 games

mets in first by friday, yanks in last

how did that work out for you dope?

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#267930 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>So what you're saying is when the crippled Mariano goes down Robertson will be the closer ? They won't win 80 games
Robertson would close with Joba being the set up guy

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#267931 Jan 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
Nats have the best BP in baseball. Its stocked. They're my pick to win the WS this season

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#267932 Jan 15, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
That of Storen along with Morse will be moved before ST...

why not use storen in the pen? 8th inning guy...he is good...

i agree on morse..he is a goner..

and before you mention the other guys in the pen for the nats, my take is...injury..if sori goes down, storen goes back to his slot..trade the other guy who was the 8th inning guy..

several teams are in on morse...last call, was around 5...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 47 min rainmaker2016 16,483
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr The Feed Store Boys 3,736
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 2 hr 2 Dogs 7,083
Another Republican Bites the Dust!! (Dec '11) 2 hr 2 Dogs 1,088
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr silly rabbit 314,351
Trump Just Sux 3 hr Liar Don 1
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 3 hr 2 Dogs 2,909

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages