the don

Franklin Square, NY

#265017 Dec 3, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/ 2012/12/a-look-at-where-the-ya nkees-2013-payroll-is-so-far/
yankee payroll so far..and it should end up around 209-215 mil this year
interesting though...for 2014, no mo, andy, grandy or kuroda...so deduct around 50 mil
with cano at 15 mil and if they keep him it will be around 25 mil per year..so, the deduct is 40 mil...less a right fielder and catcher and some bit parts...so, hitting 189 mil will not be too hard..pineda should be fine in 2014 as with a few other minor leaguers...yanks will most likely bring in one pitcher over that time frame..
Who cares..haven't heard em say ticket prices will come down as the quality of the team they field deteriorates..
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#265018 Dec 3, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet they go after Youk now
Hope you're wrong we already got an injury prone third baseman, don't need a fat injury prone backup...

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

#265019 Dec 3, 2012
A-Rod To Undergo Surgery, Miss Part Of 2013
By Luke Adams [December 3, 2012 at 12:31pm CST]
12:31pm: The Yankees have announced in a press release that A-Rod will undergo "a left hip arthroscopy to repair a torn labrum, bone impingement and the correction of a cyst." The team pegs Rodriguez's recovery time at four to six months.

9:44am: Rodriguez's surgery will be on his left hip, not his previously-repaired right hip, according to Sherman. Recovery time is expected to be three to six months, so A-Rod figures to be healthy enough to return to the lineup by June, says Sherman (Twitter links).

9:17am: With A-Rod set to miss a chunk of 2013, the Yankees will likely step up their efforts to land Stephen Drew, tweets ESPN's Jim Bowden.

9:02am: Alex Rodriguez's struggles in 2012 may have been partly due to a hip injury, as Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports. According to Sherman, A-Rod was playing with a tear in his hip, which had previously been surgically repaired. The Yankees third baseman will likely need more surgery and figures to miss part of the 2013 season, says Sherman (all Twitter links).

As Sherman notes, with Derek Jeter recovering from surgery as well, the Yankees "desperately" need help on the left side of the infield. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets that the team's options include Marco Scutaro and Jeff Keppinger, though Keppinger is also coming off surgery.

According to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News (Twitter link), Rodriguez's surgery will take place at some point in January.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/new_york_yankee...

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

#265020 Dec 3, 2012
Mike Napoli, Red Sox Agree To Terms
By Luke Adams [December 3, 2012 at 10:18am CST]
The Red Sox have become the first team to make a major splash at the 2012 Winter Meetings, reaching an agreement on a three-year contract with Mike Napoli. The deal is for three years and $39MM, with the Red Sox choosing to pay Napoli a higher annual salary rather than tacking on a fourth year.

Napoli had a down year by his standards for the Rangers in 2012, hitting .227/.343/.469. However, he has a career .863 OPS, and is one season removed from a .320/.414/.631 line. While Boston likely doesn't expect him to produce at that level again, the team will make him its primary first base option, according to Bradford. Cafardo tweets that the 31-year-old will also catch occasionally for the Sox.

The Rangers will not receive a compensation pick for Napoli since the team decided not to make him a qualifying offer at season's end. That decision, which raised eyebrows at the time, looks even more curious now that Napoli has agreed to a deal for three times the term and salary of a one-year qualifying offer.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/mike-na...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#265021 Dec 3, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
12:31pm: The Yankees have announced in a press release that A-Rod will undergo "a left hip arthroscopy to repair a torn labrum, bone impingement and the correction of a cyst." The team pegs Rodriguez's recovery time at four to six months.
9:44am: Rodriguez's surgery will be on his left hip, not his previously-repaired right hip, according to Sherman. Recovery time is expected to be three to six months, so A-Rod figures to be healthy enough to return to the lineup by June, says Sherman (Twitter links).
9:17am: With A-Rod set to miss a chunk of 2013, the Yankees will likely step up their efforts to land Stephen Drew, tweets ESPN's Jim Bowden.
9:02am: Alex Rodriguez's struggles in 2012 may have been partly due to a hip injury, as Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports. According to Sherman, A-Rod was playing with a tear in his hip, which had previously been surgically repaired. The Yankees third baseman will likely need more surgery and figures to miss part of the 2013 season, says Sherman (all Twitter links).
As Sherman notes, with Derek Jeter recovering from surgery as well, the Yankees "desperately" need help on the left side of the infield. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets that the team's options include Marco Scutaro and Jeff Keppinger, though Keppinger is also coming off surgery.
According to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News (Twitter link), Rodriguez's surgery will take place at some point in January.

Just saw cash live on espn...will they or won't they..schilling the yank fan, claims he will be out even much longer and might miss the season...who knows...
Bronx Boneheads

Florham Park, NJ

#265022 Dec 3, 2012
Old, fat, slow, and gimpy. The season hasn't even started abd the Yankee$ are a mess. Hold off buying those playoff tickets.
Bronx Boneheads

Florham Park, NJ

#265023 Dec 3, 2012
Hold off buying those regular season tix also! LOL

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#265024 Dec 3, 2012
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jet_screa...

"no wonder why eva left you"

boy sanchise can't win...lmao
Bronx Boneheads

Florham Park, NJ

#265025 Dec 3, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports /jets/jet_scream_s33MPZIDTDOnm YEoPt7yHO
"no wonder why eva left you"
boy sanchise can't win...lmao
why would anybody want to spend time and money to be surounded by low life Jet fans? Giants need to give the Jets a boot; let them play at Citi Field.

“Born Genius, Slacker by Choice”

Since: Mar 12

Oyster Bay, NY

#265026 Dec 3, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
http://www.weei.com/sports/bos ton/this-just-in/21244701/sour ce-sox-close-deal-napoli
sox sign napoli for 3 years...now, the yank haters who were making fun of the yanks possibly signing him will cry great deal
what happens to salty and laverne and shirley who we heard were so great...lmao
I don't follow sports but my brothers a big Yankee fan, or at least used to be, he said he'll stop going to games until they get rid of all the iold washed up has-beens on the roster. After reading your post my brother say's you're more ignorant then he thought. He said that Napoli guy will play 1st base because the Loney guy is now in Tampa, he thought you would know that, as a Yankee fan he wonders how you could make fun of that Salty guy considering the Yankees dont have a catcher and would beg for a guy as good as him. He says your above post and posts on Yankee payroll proves you dont know a thing about sports and are without a doubt the most ignorant person on Topix.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#265027 Dec 3, 2012
Slacker By Choice wrote:
<quoted text>I don't follow sports but my brothers a big Yankee fan, or at least used to be, he said he'll stop going to games until they get rid of all the iold washed up has-beens on the roster. After reading your post my brother say's you're more ignorant then he thought. He said that Napoli guy will play 1st base because the Loney guy is now in Tampa, he thought you would know that, as a Yankee fan he wonders how you could make fun of that Salty guy considering the Yankees dont have a catcher and would beg for a guy as good as him. He says your above post and posts on Yankee payroll proves you dont know a thing about sports and are without a doubt the most ignorant person on Topix.

Lmao

Oyster Bay, NY

#265028 Dec 3, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Good signing think Napoli in fenway will be a terror with the bat. Salty and laverne both bums anyway lol ..
I don't follow sports but my brothers a big Yankee fan, or at least used to be, he say's he won't go to anymore games until they get rid of all the old washed up has-beens on the team. He said you only post where jimi-yank posts because without him you would be the most ignorant poster on Topix.

Oyster Bay, NY

#265029 Dec 3, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
I don't follow sports but my brothers a big Yankee fan, or at least used to be, he said he won't go to anymore games until they get rid of all the old washed up has-beens on the team. He said they picked up the option on Jayson Nix to solve all the infield problems, another reason why he won't be going to games. He also said you're ignorant.
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#265030 Dec 3, 2012
No fat Momma posting today....
Bronx Boneheads

Trumbull, CT

#265031 Dec 3, 2012
Slacker By Choice wrote:
<quoted text>I don't follow sports but my brothers a big Yankee fan, or at least used to be, he said he won't go to anymore games until they get rid of all the old washed up has-beens on the team. He said they picked up the option on Jayson Nix to solve all the infield problems, another reason why he won't be going to games. He also said you're ignorant.
They're a bunch of Boneheads, momma and his friends love messing with these guys; they must be laughing their azzes off all the time!
YANKEES 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#265032 Dec 3, 2012
the don wrote:
No fat Momma posting today....
Lol he is probely mad and crying because Sanchez got benched.

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#265033 Dec 3, 2012
Just got word from my mole in Memphis..Sandys busy as hell regarding the availibility of RA plus other Met youth . Sandys intent is to bring back Wil Meyers problem is he's up against Boston (Lester) and Tampa (Shields)...although Sandy has more young talent down below to throw at KC then the others, he wont give them away. KC after all these years is still stinging over the last time they dealt with the Mets... David Cone for Ed Hearns and it's been brought up jokingly..I'll keep you posted as I get breaking news
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#265034 Dec 3, 2012
momma chamberlin wrote:
Just got word from my mole in Memphis..Sandys busy as hell regarding the availibility of RA plus other Met youth . Sandys intent is to bring back Wil Meyers problem is he's up against Boston (Lester) and Tampa (Shields)...although Sandy has more young talent down below to throw at KC then the others, he wont give them away. KC after all these years is still stinging over the last time they dealt with the Mets... David Cone for Ed Hearns and it's been brought up jokingly..I'll keep you posted as I get breaking news
Up to you're same old BS moron...Get back to the grill at the waffle house!
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#265035 Dec 3, 2012
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>Lol he is probely mad and crying because Sanchez got benched.
think he's playing with his gerbil again...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#265036 Dec 3, 2012
momma chamberlin wrote:

Lmao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min The_Box 306,257
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 22 min nac 15,600
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 1 hr An Old Sailor 11,043
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr grave digger 47,495
Colleges scamming these kids 3 hr actorvet 1
Islanders talk back (Dec '07) 3 hr Guinness Drinker 4,789
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 3 hr fox fools 5,558

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match

Jackson-Heights Jobs

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson-Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson-Heights

Personal Finance