“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

#264813 Nov 29, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text> agree.
Now this is a hot stove rumor I like to see!!!

Would Losing Russell Martin Push Yankees Toward Joe Mauer Blockbuster Trade?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1425933-wo...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#264814 Nov 29, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text>yanks will not win the division with Cervelli and Romine ...

doubt if the yanks will have that combo..cervilli could not beat out stewart...

i like martin...yanks seem to holding the line on contracts and years..if martin wants 4..no.

but its not up to us. he might price himself out. who knows if they try the trade route...

one free agent might be good is victorino to take over the spot by swisher..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264815 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>

blockbuster?? i miss the moochs rediculous blockbuster stuff...as if he had the info from sandy...
he had to stop it as he was laughed out of the met forum.

not so sure on him, as the contract is long and costly..heard the sox were interested though..saw it on weei...or one of those sox sucks sites...
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#264816 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete Rose is a HOF regardless of what the sports writters say. I don't need them to tell me that.
But the roid issue we sort of agree on it should not prevent someone from making the HOF. But there is a gray area that adds to the process already subjective attributes. Namely the writters need to take into account guys like Sosa and McGuire were decent players until steriods helped them produce ridiclous numbers. Who was a HOF without roids? Was Palermo a HOF? He's a good player, but how much did roids help him? Did roids help him as much as they did Sosa?
The distinction between Bonds, Clemens and Arod Vs Sosa and McGuire are obvious. But what about Palermo? What about guys like like Piazza, Manny and Ortiz? I'm guessing they were great players without roids...but did roids help them produce over the top numbers?
Sports writers have nothing to do with Pete not going to the HOF..Commissioner of BB has made that call..Pete managed a team and bet on the games thats wrong period..shoeless job is still barred from the HOF for doing a lot less then Pete.

The Clueless baseball commissioner refuses to adopt a policy on players that did roids and eligibility to enter the HOF..

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#264817 Nov 29, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text>yanks will not win the division with Cervelli and Romine ...
disagree, Martins production offensively at least is not that good to be a factor one or the other if he's here or not.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#264818 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
blockbuster?? i miss the moochs rediculous blockbuster stuff...as if he had the info from sandy...
he had to stop it as he was laughed out of the met forum.
not so sure on him, as the contract is long and costly..heard the sox were interested though..saw it on weei...or one of those sox sucks sites...
Think he's doing the catering for the for the David Wright contract signing. Hope they don't all get diahrea like at the Omar firing press conference..."shhh shhh, got to run....Fred Wilpons coming to the podium."

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#264819 Nov 29, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text>Sports writers have nothing to do with Pete not going to the HOF..Commissioner of BB has made that call..Pete managed a team and bet on the games thats wrong period..shoeless job is still barred from the HOF for doing a lot less then Pete.
The Clueless baseball commissioner refuses to adopt a policy on players that did roids and eligibility to enter the HOF..
Roids were not a banned substance in baseball until 2003?
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#264820 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
my guess is in the real Steinbrenner days The Boss would be knocking on doors to get joe Mauer and it would be Hasta la vista, baby to Russell Martin...ah the good old days!

Not happy with this BS 189 million budget hal's trying to push..If him and his dopey brother didn't sign Arod to that ridiculous contract..this would be a non-issue..Fans shouldn't be paying for this move!
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#264821 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Roids were not a banned substance in baseball until 2003?
yes I know that...But the COB as he has done in the Past "In the best interests of BB" could make a ruling that would ban them from entering the HOF ....
MLO80

UK

#264822 Nov 29, 2012
Not happy with a $189mil budget? How spoiled some fans get. Yup, payrolls a factor. Go ahead and judge me now. Another pathetic day wasted looking at a computer screen waiting to judge my posts within minutes. No judging gets done via a cell meaning you are doing nothing but sitting at a desk at either a desktop or a laptop facing you.

Well off to Vista now. There you go fake Momma. Even with that hint, you still cannot tell me my new car because you're a fraud

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264823 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Think he's doing the catering for the for the David Wright contract signing. Hope they don't all get diahrea like at the Omar firing press conference..."shhh shhh, got to run....Fred Wilpons coming to the podium."

I can't stop laughing on this..

think he meant...GOT THE RUNS...AND HE HAD TO GO TO THE OUTDOOR PORT A POTTY...

he has been banned from all in door bathrooms.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264824 Nov 29, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text> my guess is in the real Steinbrenner days The Boss would be knocking on doors to get joe Mauer and it would be Hasta la vista, baby to Russell Martin...ah the good old days!
Not happy with this BS 189 million budget hal's trying to push..If him and his dopey brother didn't sign Arod to that ridiculous contract..this would be a non-issue..Fans shouldn't be paying for this move!

I still recall cash saying, you opt out, your out...then the dopes got involved...

yeah, fans now pay for their stupid move.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264825 Nov 29, 2012
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/royals-...

the royals dickey deal...one met shill now hiding and judging called out what he thought was going to happen with the top royal catcher rookie...it appears the royals want big game shields or lester...not dickey

oh well, another blockbuster down the drain
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#264826 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
disagree, Martins production offensively at least is not that good to be a factor one or the other if he's here or not.
His production for a catcher was very good 21 HR's and 53 rbi's on an off year, his career 93 HR's and 418 RBI's. Neither Cervelli or Romine will ever give you that combined. Also Martin's better defensively then either of these guys will ever be...
ha

United States

#264828 Nov 29, 2012
ha

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#264829 Nov 29, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text> His production for a catcher was very good 21 HR's and 53 rbi's on an off year, his career 93 HR's and 418 RBI's. Neither Cervelli or Romine will ever give you that combined. Also Martin's better defensively then either of these guys will ever be...
Disagree, no great loss if Martin goes.
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#264830 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
doubt if the yanks will have that combo..cervilli could not beat out stewart...
i like martin...yanks seem to holding the line on contracts and years..if martin wants 4..no.
but its not up to us. he might price himself out. who knows if they try the trade route...
one free agent might be good is victorino to take over the spot by swisher..
going to be hard to replace swisher's 25/85 production don't want to see a bunch of jack rabbits in the outfield..don't think Victorino's the answer his numbers were terrible last year .255 and 11 HR's and that ballpark in philly is a hitters stadium...like to see the yanks get more of a yankee traditional RF..25/80/.275...maybe a trade who knows..
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#264831 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/ 2012/11/royals-mets-discussed- ra-dickey.html?utm_source=dlvr .it&utm_medium=facebook
the royals dickey deal...one met shill now hiding and judging called out what he thought was going to happen with the top royal catcher rookie...it appears the royals want big game shields or lester...not dickey
lol what a dope he is....

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#264832 Nov 29, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text> my guess is in the real Steinbrenner days The Boss would be knocking on doors to get joe Mauer and it would be Hasta la vista, baby to Russell Martin...ah the good old days!
Payrolls not a factor, only heart and chemistry matter.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#264833 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/ 2012/11/royals-mets-discussed- ra-dickey.html?utm_source=dlvr .it&utm_medium=facebook
He's checking in with Sandy now for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min ritedownthemiddle 46,645
Where to Meet Other Seniors 44 min claire grace 1
Stevie - (Oct '07) 1 hr Tim Smith 161
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 1 hr reddevil76 2,914
The Obama Epic FAIL BLOG (Feb '13) 2 hr OBAMACARE 574
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr henu 6,432
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 12 Stan Stasiak 16,786
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
Jackson-Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights People Search