Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#264802 Nov 29, 2012
looks like the wwe will be in ashville nc...

wonder if you know who will go...lmfao
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#264803 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
According to various sites martin wants 4 years. Not happening. I see other choices. Aj of the white sox or napoli.
Don't see Napoli as a fit as he's caught less than 100 games in each of the last 3 seasons...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/n/n...

Pierzynski is coming off a solid season. NYY may have to offer more than others...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/p...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264804 Nov 29, 2012
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't see Napoli as a fit as he's caught less than 100 games in each of the last 3 seasons...
Pierzynski is coming off a solid season. NYY may have to offer more than others...

Good points. But if martin is holding for 3 or 4 years what then?

“Babe Ruth, Yankee Immortal”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee Stadium

#264805 Nov 29, 2012
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
don't want either of those two.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264806 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>

if martin goes down the 3-4 yr road high contract, who do you want?

Yankee Stadium

#264807 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Plan B is Cervelli and Romine who can carry that load at a fraction of the cost of Martin. Martin's Johnny Bench all of a sudden and can't be replaced and has to be re-signed and offered 4 years?????

Yanks should not over pay for those 3 FA catchers mentioned.

Offer Martin a 3 year deal totaling $20 million, take it or leave it.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#264808 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
no way to 3 years either...by then sanchez and other rookies will be ready...pirates offered him 3 and he still has the rangers and sox to toss offers...2 max. if not, see ya..
lets be serious for a moment the last yankee rookie catcher the team waited 3 years for is in seattle...sanchez bad back and all will never be the yankee starting catcher..with whats available the yanks can't afford to lose martin...Yanks need to sign him and stop with this silly budget BS...Hal an idiot if he thinks I'll buy a ticket while he fattens up his wallet.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#264809 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
why would you want any FA but martin???
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#264810 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
agree.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#264811 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Plan B is Cervelli and Romine who can carry that load at a fraction of the cost of Martin. Martin's Johnny Bench all of a sudden and can't be replaced and has to be re-signed and offered 4 years?????
Yanks should not over pay for those 3 FA catchers mentioned.
Offer Martin a 3 year deal totaling $20 million, take it or leave it.
yanks will not win the division with Cervelli and Romine ...

Yankee Stadium

#264812 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a look at Martins 2 year stats with the Yankees. Guys not simple not that good we need to worry about losing him as a FA to another team. Would it be nice if comes back....sure.....but if he goes take the FA compensation picks and move on

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/m...

Yankee Stadium

#264813 Nov 29, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text> agree.
Now this is a hot stove rumor I like to see!!!

Would Losing Russell Martin Push Yankees Toward Joe Mauer Blockbuster Trade?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1425933-wo...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264814 Nov 29, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text>yanks will not win the division with Cervelli and Romine ...

doubt if the yanks will have that combo..cervilli could not beat out stewart...

i like martin...yanks seem to holding the line on contracts and years..if martin wants 4..no.

but its not up to us. he might price himself out. who knows if they try the trade route...

one free agent might be good is victorino to take over the spot by swisher..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264815 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>

blockbuster?? i miss the moochs rediculous blockbuster stuff...as if he had the info from sandy...
he had to stop it as he was laughed out of the met forum.

not so sure on him, as the contract is long and costly..heard the sox were interested though..saw it on weei...or one of those sox sucks sites...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#264816 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete Rose is a HOF regardless of what the sports writters say. I don't need them to tell me that.
But the roid issue we sort of agree on it should not prevent someone from making the HOF. But there is a gray area that adds to the process already subjective attributes. Namely the writters need to take into account guys like Sosa and McGuire were decent players until steriods helped them produce ridiclous numbers. Who was a HOF without roids? Was Palermo a HOF? He's a good player, but how much did roids help him? Did roids help him as much as they did Sosa?
The distinction between Bonds, Clemens and Arod Vs Sosa and McGuire are obvious. But what about Palermo? What about guys like like Piazza, Manny and Ortiz? I'm guessing they were great players without roids...but did roids help them produce over the top numbers?
Sports writers have nothing to do with Pete not going to the HOF..Commissioner of BB has made that call..Pete managed a team and bet on the games thats wrong period..shoeless job is still barred from the HOF for doing a lot less then Pete.

The Clueless baseball commissioner refuses to adopt a policy on players that did roids and eligibility to enter the HOF..

Yankee Stadium

#264817 Nov 29, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text>yanks will not win the division with Cervelli and Romine ...
disagree, Martins production offensively at least is not that good to be a factor one or the other if he's here or not.

Yankee Stadium

#264818 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
blockbuster?? i miss the moochs rediculous blockbuster stuff...as if he had the info from sandy...
he had to stop it as he was laughed out of the met forum.
not so sure on him, as the contract is long and costly..heard the sox were interested though..saw it on weei...or one of those sox sucks sites...
Think he's doing the catering for the for the David Wright contract signing. Hope they don't all get diahrea like at the Omar firing press conference..."shhh shhh, got to run....Fred Wilpons coming to the podium."

Yankee Stadium

#264819 Nov 29, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text>Sports writers have nothing to do with Pete not going to the HOF..Commissioner of BB has made that call..Pete managed a team and bet on the games thats wrong period..shoeless job is still barred from the HOF for doing a lot less then Pete.
The Clueless baseball commissioner refuses to adopt a policy on players that did roids and eligibility to enter the HOF..
Roids were not a banned substance in baseball until 2003?
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#264820 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
my guess is in the real Steinbrenner days The Boss would be knocking on doors to get joe Mauer and it would be Hasta la vista, baby to Russell Martin...ah the good old days!

Not happy with this BS 189 million budget hal's trying to push..If him and his dopey brother didn't sign Arod to that ridiculous contract..this would be a non-issue..Fans shouldn't be paying for this move!
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#264821 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Roids were not a banned substance in baseball until 2003?
yes I know that...But the COB as he has done in the Past "In the best interests of BB" could make a ruling that would ban them from entering the HOF ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 2 min Guinness Drinker 11,941
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 8 min jimi-yank 5,099
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 51 min Good luck 13,370
GREAT WALL of MEXICO - PLAGIARIZED ! - China ! 1 hr TRUMP TRUTH HURTS 21
TRUMP NOT TRENDING on TOPIX ! Nobody Cares ! 1 hr Trump Strumpet Tr... 29
Melania Trump's Slobovia has become a tourist h... 1 hr Trump Strumpet Tr... 1
jets talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 11,909

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance