Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#264786 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
Yanks will focus on Rivera, Ichiro and Martin before setting their sights on a 4th OF, utility INF and another basement bargain starter long pen guy.
More or less the same team that went to last years ALCS. Did they do enough to push them into the 2013 WS?


still the rumor out there of grandy being traded...only cano will be long term...interesting thoughts on victorino...

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#264787 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
According to various sites martin wants 4 years. Not happening. I see other choices. Aj of the white sox or napoli.
No way Yanks should offer him 4 years.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#264788 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
No way Yanks should offer him 4 years.


no way to 3 years either...by then sanchez and other rookies will be ready...pirates offered him 3 and he still has the rangers and sox to toss offers...2 max. if not, see ya..

“I call it as I see it”

Since: Aug 07

New York

#264789 Nov 29, 2012
Well good morning everyone! A lot of talk this morning on sports radio regarding baseball HOF with steroid era players on the ballot. In my opinion I would vote players in based on their numbers. However there should be a footnote in their bios in the HOF that they were part of the steroid era.

Also did anyone See the fight between the celtics and nets? Wow.

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#264790 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
still the rumor out there of grandy being traded...only cano will be long term...interesting thoughts on victorino...
He's still a very good fielder, a switch hitter, can play CF and runs like a deer. Not as much power as Swisher...as good on OBP guy....better post season performer than Swisher.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/v...

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#264791 Nov 29, 2012
Bronx Boneheads wrote:
<quoted text>
No "hometown discount" from Andy. Pettitte really doesn't like the Yankees or New York in general, but no other team would be willing to give him 12 million.
Really? Can you send me a link that says that he does not like NY or the Yankees?

Agree no other team would offer him $12 million however.

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#264792 Nov 29, 2012
Bronto wrote:
Well good morning everyone! A lot of talk this morning on sports radio regarding baseball HOF with steroid era players on the ballot. In my opinion I would vote players in based on their numbers. However there should be a footnote in their bios in the HOF that they were part of the steroid era.
Also did anyone See the fight between the celtics and nets? Wow.
Sort of agree with you on the roid users and the HOF, would not let them in if I was voting after they are eligible though. Maybe a guy like Bonds and Clemens in 10 years. No way Sosa and McGuire would get my vote, Bonds and Clemens were good enough players as is to me.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#264793 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of agree with you on the roid users and the HOF, would not let them in if I was voting after they are eligible though. Maybe a guy like Bonds and Clemens in 10 years. No way Sosa and McGuire would get my vote, Bonds and Clemens were good enough players as is to me.
.

Bonds and clemons were hof prior ro roids. And not a big fan of either.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#264794 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Can you send me a link that says that he does not like NY or the Yankees?
Agree no other team would offer him $12 million however.
.

There is no link. He has learned well from his new boss. Lie and annoy. Boneheads is an out of work 21 year old mental case.
Pa

United States

#264795 Nov 29, 2012
huh

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#264796 Nov 29, 2012
Bronto wrote:
Well good morning everyone! A lot of talk this morning on sports radio regarding baseball HOF with steroid era players on the ballot. In my opinion I would vote players in based on their numbers. However there should be a footnote in their bios in the HOF that they were part of the steroid era.
Also did anyone See the fight between the celtics and nets? Wow.
Humphries acting as the goon for sure.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8688541/bos...
Bronx Boneheads

Florham Park, NJ

#264797 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
There is no link. He has learned well from his new boss. Lie and annoy. Boneheads is an out of work 21 year old mental case.
jimi, we no you're not a detective. Once again you're making a fool of yourself. Your ignorance is intriguing!

“I call it as I see it”

Since: Aug 07

New York

#264798 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of agree with you on the roid users and the HOF, would not let them in if I was voting after they are eligible though. Maybe a guy like Bonds and Clemens in 10 years. No way Sosa and McGuire would get my vote, Bonds and Clemens were good enough players as is to me.
This is a tough topic to have an opinion. For me it's all about the numbers. I also feel Pete rose should be in the HOF as well

“I call it as I see it”

Since: Aug 07

New York

#264799 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Humphries acting as the goon for sure.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8688541/bos...
Agreed. However as much as I am a casual knick fan. I like the feisty play of the Brooklyn nets.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#264800 Nov 29, 2012
Bronx Boneheads wrote:
<quoted text>
jimi, we no you're not a detective. Once again you're making a fool of yourself. Your ignorance is intriguing!
.

"No"???? Lmfao. How about "know". Your the dope who posted a while back you're 21. As for mental slackers you prove it daily. Now please do what your boss orders. Or else.

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#264801 Nov 29, 2012
Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a tough topic to have an opinion. For me it's all about the numbers. I also feel Pete rose should be in the HOF as well
Pete Rose is a HOF regardless of what the sports writters say. I don't need them to tell me that.

But the roid issue we sort of agree on it should not prevent someone from making the HOF. But there is a gray area that adds to the process already subjective attributes. Namely the writters need to take into account guys like Sosa and McGuire were decent players until steriods helped them produce ridiclous numbers. Who was a HOF without roids? Was Palermo a HOF? He's a good player, but how much did roids help him? Did roids help him as much as they did Sosa?

The distinction between Bonds, Clemens and Arod Vs Sosa and McGuire are obvious. But what about Palermo? What about guys like like Piazza, Manny and Ortiz? I'm guessing they were great players without roids...but did roids help them produce over the top numbers?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#264802 Nov 29, 2012
looks like the wwe will be in ashville nc...

wonder if you know who will go...lmfao
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#264803 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
According to various sites martin wants 4 years. Not happening. I see other choices. Aj of the white sox or napoli.
Don't see Napoli as a fit as he's caught less than 100 games in each of the last 3 seasons...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/n/n...

Pierzynski is coming off a solid season. NYY may have to offer more than others...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/p...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#264804 Nov 29, 2012
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't see Napoli as a fit as he's caught less than 100 games in each of the last 3 seasons...
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/n/n...
Pierzynski is coming off a solid season. NYY may have to offer more than others...
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/p...
.

Good points. But if martin is holding for 3 or 4 years what then?

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#264805 Nov 29, 2012
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't see Napoli as a fit as he's caught less than 100 games in each of the last 3 seasons...
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/n/n...
Pierzynski is coming off a solid season. NYY may have to offer more than others...
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/p...
don't want either of those two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr cpeter1313 345,942
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Bill Farted 64,838
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 6 hr NEMO 7,765
Laura Bush, why didn't your husband do anything... 6 hr Susanm 3
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 6 hr Paul Yanks 47,745
Did Anthony Bourdain have a Physical sickness t... 9 hr hang tough Tony B 5
Rewards cards are a waste 10 hr Market expert 1

Jackson-Heights Jobs

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages