Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#264763 Nov 28, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yanks attendence was down by a hundered thousand from last season.
Mets down almost a million since Citi opened.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/NYY/a...
a million? wow...we don't hear about that one...ouch..

“Lou and the "Babe"”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee immortals

#264764 Nov 28, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a beautiful ball park even if it lacks an identity to the Mets. More like a Dodgers memorial.

Said this in the past, on a relative basis the mets got an upgrade over the yanks when comparing.

Still pisses me off the Yanks left the old stadium.

The Choke Dynasty

Florham Park, NJ

#264765 Nov 28, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yankee ticket sales down 750,000 since 2008; actual attendance is down much more. The Yankees are so boring they can't even sell out playoff games anymore.

“I call it as I see it”

Since: Aug 07

New York

#264766 Nov 28, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning everyone! Speaking of empty seats there is a scathing article in the NY Post today where the writer is asking jet fans to stay home the rest of the season in protest of the jets horrible season. The article chronicles the past two seasons. I for one refuse to go to another jet game until changes are made.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264767 Nov 28, 2012
Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning everyone! Speaking of empty seats there is a scathing article in the NY Post today where the writer is asking jet fans to stay home the rest of the season in protest of the jets horrible season. The article chronicles the past two seasons. I for one refuse to go to another jet game until changes are made.

Over 8,000 seats remain for the cards game and 10,000 for the chargers.
Bronx Boneheads

Florham Park, NJ

#264768 Nov 28, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
jimi you should pickup a cheap ticket and go to the game; you've got nothing better to do.

“I call it as I see it”

Since: Aug 07

New York

#264769 Nov 28, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Yep. I am fortunate enough to have access to tickets for every Jets home game. However I do not enjoy going to the games as much as I enjoy watching the game from my man cave. Not to mention I also have NFL Red Zone which is great when playing fantasy football.

I would like to see Woody fire Tannenbaum and Ryan. Bring in some new blood and start over

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264770 Nov 28, 2012
Bronx Boneheads wrote:
<quoted text>
jimi you should pickup a cheap ticket and go to the game; you've got nothing better to do.

Why? So you can follow me there? You go. You can meet your boss there. Moochie.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264771 Nov 28, 2012
Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I am fortunate enough to have access to tickets for every Jets home game. However I do not enjoy going to the games as much as I enjoy watching the game from my man cave. Not to mention I also have NFL Red Zone which is great when playing fantasy football.
I would like to see Woody fire Tannenbaum and Ryan. Bring in some new blood and start over

Red zone is addicting. I enjoy watching that.

“Lou and the "Babe"”

Yankee immortals

#264772 Nov 28, 2012
Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
The voice of reason comes in from the wilderness. Most Jets fans feel the way you to do.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#264773 Nov 28, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
only a million hmmm citi looked empty most days...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#264774 Nov 28, 2012
Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats the only way the fans will get Woody Johnson attention empty seats....Jets need new leadership top to bottom a real coach like Bill Cowher should be hired..Tannenbaum should be the first one out the door as soon as the season is over...If the fans can't wait fire him tomorrow lol....

“Lou and the "Babe"”

Yankee immortals

#264775 Nov 28, 2012
The Choke Dynasty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yankee ticket sales down 750,000 since 2008; actual attendance is down much more. The Yankees are so boring they can't even sell out playoff games anymore.
Well you do realize the old stadium closed in 2008 and that place held 6,000 plus more seats right?

You could argue then the mets are down 1.5 million from 2008 also the last year Shea.

Yanks are modestly down from 2009 when they opened the new stadium.
MLO80

London, UK

#264776 Nov 28, 2012
Well are we all going to die next month or is that cancelled? And Dell, since you enjoy that disgusting Pizza Hut, you must know how it feels like when a lady is pregnant. And just when are you going to go out on a date with a lady? Don't you think its time. Don't ever turn gay. How depressing would it be to get rejected by both sexes?
MLO80

London, UK

#264778 Nov 28, 2012
Dell you fool! I can only help you so much with the ladies. Tell them you know a magic trick and order them to remove all their clothes and to pick a number between 68 and 70. If that doesn't help you, I have no hope for you

You really got a sorry life
woah

United States

#264779 Nov 28, 2012
woah
woah

United States

#264780 Nov 29, 2012
woah

“Lou and the "Babe"”

Yankee immortals

#264782 Nov 29, 2012
Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Great call on the signing of Andy, Yanks made it official yesterday with a one year 12 milion contract. Not sure how they came up with that number, that's a lot for a guy coming off a year with only 15 starts.

“Lou and the "Babe"”

Yankee immortals

#264783 Nov 29, 2012
Yanks will focus on Rivera, Ichiro and Martin before setting their sights on a 4th OF, utility INF and another basement bargain starter long pen guy.

More or less the same team that went to last years ALCS. Did they do enough to push them into the 2013 WS?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264784 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
Yanks will focus on Rivera, Ichiro and Martin before setting their sights on a 4th OF, utility INF and another basement bargain starter long pen guy.
More or less the same team that went to last years ALCS. Did they do enough to push them into the 2013 WS?

According to various sites martin wants 4 years. Not happening. I see other choices. Aj of the white sox or napoli.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ode to Bush (Mar '09) 2 min 2 Dogs 2,052
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 4 min 2 Dogs 2,610
jets talk back (Dec '07) 10 min jimi-yank 13,283
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 44 min De Oppresso Liber 13,878
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 56 min Paul Yanks 5,685
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr SweLL GirL 16,782
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 1 hr 2 Dogs 1,222

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages