“The One & Only”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#4644 Nov 9, 2013
ZCs wrote:
O'Reilly and all his right-wing friends said because everyone now hates Obama for all his so-called scandals, Benghazi, IRS, Obamacare, etc. that no Democrat was going to win any elections, WRONG!
The liberal Bill Clinton friend Terry McAuliffe won Tuesday in the conservative state of Virginia, which is almost a miracle. Think about that, Virginia is the home of the NRA and one of the most conservative states in America, and they just elected a liberal to be their next Governor.
McAuliffe defeated Republican Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli on Tuesday to become the next governor of Virginia -- in a race that Cuccinelli had termed a "referendum on Obamacare."
Virginia has historically been a conservative-leaning swing state. It backed every Republican presidential nominee from Richard Nixon through George W. Bush and elected a Republican governor by a 59 to 41 landslide in 2009.
While the state has one of the highest percentages of federal employees, polls showed McAuliffe's lead remained fairly steady before and after the shutdown and Cuccinelli himself dismissed it as largely forgotten factor before Election Day.
Though McAuliffe's principal argument of "putting jobs first" was not controversial and attracted prominent GOP supporters, in campaign ads, debates, and online, his progressive positions were front and center:
Women's Health: McAuliffe seized early and often on Cuccinelli's crusade against contraception, abortion, and women's health clinics. Five separate McAuliffe ads focused on Cuccinelli's support for a radical personhood bill that could have banned all abortion.
Obamacare Implementation: McAuliffe has made his support for Medicaid expansion a major part of his plan and in debates hammered Cuccinelli for his unwillingness to take the billions of dollars available from the federal government for health insurance for poor Virginians.
Climate Science: McAuliffe, a proponent of clean energy and environmental conservation made Cuccinelli's climate-change denial a liability. In debates, campaign events, and a television spot, he hammered Cuccinelli's illegal witchhunt against a University of Virginia climate scientist and slammed Cuccinelli's cozy ties with the fossil fuel industry.
Gun Violence Prevention: In the National Rife Association's home state, McAuliffe made no secret of his strong support for universal background checks for gun purchases. In an October debate at Virginia Tech, site of the 2007 shootings that killed 32 people, Cuccinelli made it clear that he he opposed universal background checks and was proud of his "A" rating from the NRA.
LGBT Equality: Beyond just expressing full support for LGBT equality -- rights Cuccinelli led the fight against as a state legislator and as attorney general -- McAuliffe made LGBT rights an issue.
The fact that historically conservative Virginia backed a candidate who ran on a progressive platform is a repudiation of the conservative agenda and an indication that progressive ideas like marriage equality, women's reproductive rights, affordable healthcare, background checks, and climate change action are all now mainstream positions.
It also shows that Bill O'Reilly is a proven right-wing hack who was wrong. He said that no Democrat will win because Obama is so hated over Obamacare, etc. Proving once again that O'Reilly does not predict what he thinks will happen, he predicts what he wants to happen.
That article makes some pretty valid points - That even conservative-leaning states are beginning to be disillusioned by their own party's actions. And that the NRA is losing serious ground in their quest for political power. They just can't seem to pull the same strings anymore & the more conservatives being voted out of office, the less they are relevant.

“The One & Only”

Location hidden

#4645 Nov 9, 2013
ZCs wrote:
What is up with the insanity Hannity?
I know noticed his time slot was pushed back. LOL!!!!
TICK TOCK!!!!!!!!!!
I always thought his wig had a curfew.
ZCs

New York, NY

#4646 Nov 9, 2013
Ol No Name wrote:
<quoted text>
I always thought his wig had a curfew.
lol!

“The One & Only”

Location hidden

#4647 Nov 9, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I was joking, relax. I've said many times on this board that Bush & Cheney are obviously war criminals.
I wish Obama wasn't one too, but he is. People that were duped by his campaign speeches (and ignore his actions) pretend that he isn't, but he is.
Believe me, I've lost quite a bit of faith in Obama as his term has been playing out. But there are also a lot of things I can't blame him for & won't. A pretty good percentage of Obama's issues come from the complete lack of co-operation with the conservative parties. And he did inherit quite a bit of conservative leftovers when he was sworn in. Granted, he hasn't done everything he's said he was going to do, but the other choice is still far more scary. Romney was an imbecile & even his own party knew it.
ZCs

New York, NY

#4648 Nov 9, 2013
Ol No Name wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me, I've lost quite a bit of faith in Obama as his term has been playing out. But there are also a lot of things I can't blame him for & won't. A pretty good percentage of Obama's issues come from the complete lack of co-operation with the conservative parties. And he did inherit quite a bit of conservative leftovers when he was sworn in. Granted, he hasn't done everything he's said he was going to do, but the other choice is still far more scary. Romney was an imbecile & even his own party knew it.
Agreed.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4649 Nov 9, 2013
Ol No Name wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur...plus the McCain/Palin ticket was gag reflex inducing.....What does'nt Fox get, about that?
Obskeptic

Detroit, MI

#4650 Nov 10, 2013
Ol No Name wrote:
<quoted text>
That article makes some pretty valid points - That even conservative-leaning states are beginning to be disillusioned by their own party's actions. And that the NRA is losing serious ground in their quest for political power. They just can't seem to pull the same strings anymore & the more conservatives being voted out of office, the less they are relevant.
What are you talking about?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/03/dian...

Maybe if the real issue was addressed, mental health, rather then trying to deny law abiding citizens their constitutional rights, we could make progress on this issue. Instead we have to listen to misguided fools like yourself. The pendulum of politics swings back and forth foolish one. It always has and always will. Unless of course we end up with a progressive left wing dictator, which is possible.

“The One & Only”

Location hidden

#4652 Nov 10, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/03/dian...
Maybe if the real issue was addressed, mental health, rather then trying to deny law abiding citizens their constitutional rights, we could make progress on this issue. Instead we have to listen to misguided fools like yourself. The pendulum of politics swings back and forth foolish one. It always has and always will. Unless of course we end up with a progressive left wing dictator, which is possible.
Yeah, I'm trying not to base fact on a Huffington Post op-ed. The fact of the matter is the state where the NRA is headquartered & has always voted conservative is now a liberal state.
Obskeptic

United States

#4653 Nov 10, 2013
Ol No Name wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm trying not to base fact on a Huffington Post op-ed. The fact of the matter is the state where the NRA is headquartered & has always voted conservative is now a liberal state.
And you believe that it is going to stay that way? Especially with all the lies the democrats have told the people about healthcare, and the harm they are causing too so many? Like I said, the pendulum of politics swings both ways, and I'm not referring to homosexual and lesbian rights the democrats are bringing up to try and shift things away from the mess they have created.

“The One & Only”

Location hidden

#4654 Nov 10, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
And you believe that it is going to stay that way? Especially with all the lies the democrats have told the people about healthcare, and the harm they are causing too so many? Like I said, the pendulum of politics swings both ways, and I'm not referring to homosexual and lesbian rights the democrats are bringing up to try and shift things away from the mess they have created.
I see absolutely no proof nor reason to believe the GOP has a chance at regaining the form they once were at. The people have finally spoken.
Obskeptic

United States

#4655 Nov 10, 2013
Ol No Name wrote:
<quoted text>
I see absolutely no proof nor reason to believe the GOP has a chance at regaining the form they once were at. The people have finally spoken.
What's funny is that you think you know what the "people" will do. There are fifty states in our union with many different people making up the population in each one. The only thing your doing is proving your partisan ignorance. You don't speak for the people you arrogant ass. They can speak for themselves just fine.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#4656 Nov 10, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funny is that you think you know what the "people" will do. There are fifty states in our union with many different people making up the population in each one. The only thing your doing is proving your partisan ignorance. You don't speak for the people you arrogant ass. They can speak for themselves just fine.
Temper - temper.

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#4657 Nov 11, 2013
ZCs wrote:
<quoted text>
Want some cheese with that whine?
It's call providing the link that is safe and free of a virus.
Make a note of it
safe and free of a virus is the day your failing President goes down

Make a note of it

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4658 Nov 11, 2013
Ol No Name wrote:
<quoted text>
Even sadder yet, will be the damage to our two party system and the checks and balances necessary in a democrasy......all because the GOP insists on this path of poisonous partisanship, which only makes the more and more insignificant, to true Americans.....

“The One & Only”

Location hidden

#4659 Nov 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Even sadder yet, will be the damage to our two party system and the checks and balances necessary in a democrasy......all because the GOP insists on this path of poisonous partisanship, which only makes the more and more insignificant, to true Americans.....
Like little kids who don't get to go down the toy isle. Stomp their feet & hold their breath, at the expense of the people they are supposed to be serving. It's all about what benefits them.
Obskeptic

United States

#4660 Nov 12, 2013
Ol No Name wrote:
<quoted text>
Like little kids who don't get to go down the toy isle. Stomp their feet & hold their breath, at the expense of the people they are supposed to be serving. It's all about what benefits them.
Only a leftist progressive could believe that a failed and unsecured web site, coupled with a new law intended to provide 35 million uninsured coverage, but causes an additional 5 million plus to lose coverage they were happy with, would believe that they have done good for the people and the country. Judge them by their intentions and faux compassion and ignore the results. Such courage.
shameless-li

Fairfield, CT

#4661 Nov 12, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially with all the lies the democrats have told the people about healthcare, and the harm they are causing too so many? Like I said, the pendulum of politics swings both ways.
funny how cbs and all dem haters believed all the lies about benghazi...

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/11...

yes, it swings both ways....
shameless-li

Fairfield, CT

#4662 Nov 12, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a leftist progressive could believe that a failed and unsecured web site, coupled with a new law intended to provide 35 million uninsured coverage, but causes an additional 5 million plus to lose coverage they were happy with, would believe that they have done good for the people and the country. Judge them by their intentions and faux compassion and ignore the results. Such courage.
maybe there should be NO insurance for anyone...let each individual person pay their bills on their own...the government should not be supporting people to begin with...each person is responsible for the own well being, including their children, whether or not they can afford to have them...

let government run the well being of the land, not the well being and personal interests of each individual...

“The One & Only”

Location hidden

#4663 Nov 12, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Such Hyperbole. Such Hypocrisy.

C'mon. Do you honestly think that idiot Romney would have done any better? I don't agree with everything Obama is doing. He's done a pretty mediocre job so far but again, look at what he was left to begin with & you can't ignore the roadblocks the GOP put up for him on every corner. But he still outweighs Romney on my scale any day of the week. That's the bottom line. No matter what he does, he's still better than Romney.
Obskeptic

Southfield, MI

#4664 Nov 14, 2013
Ol No Name wrote:
<quoted text>
Such Hyperbole. Such Hypocrisy.
C'mon. Do you honestly think that idiot Romney would have done any better? I don't agree with everything Obama is doing. He's done a pretty mediocre job so far but again, look at what he was left to begin with & you can't ignore the roadblocks the GOP put up for him on every corner. But he still outweighs Romney on my scale any day of the week. That's the bottom line. No matter what he does, he's still better than Romney.
We will never know how good a job Romney would have done, now will we. We do know for sure that if he were elected, the democrats would have made every effort to block any legislation he attempted to move forward, especially if it was a market oriented one. We also know that Romney has been very successful at most things he has applied himself too. Thats the bottom line. "Ol no name" seems to have extensive knowledge about things that have never happened. You must be a savant. I doubt that the 2014's are going to go very well for the democrats. Of course, a year in politics is an eternity, and many things could happen between now and then, but the democrats looking to extend their careers in DC are freaking out at the moment. Especially red or purple state dem's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 23 min what a russsh 17,754
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 25 min what a russsh 18,912
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 47 min jimi-yank 45,900
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr doG mnaDed lyHo i... 64,310
Global warming starts wildfires 1 hr figgypops 8
News More Aug '17 Tina 5
joey d`s pizzeria (Aug '09) May '17 Lisa 3

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages