Teddy R

Reston, VA

#4167 May 7, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>"Manufactured theatre"? This could have been cleared up long ago if the Administration hadn't tried to spin what actually happened with a tall tale about a stupid video being responsible for what happened in Benghazi. Many Americans want answers as to why the President did nothing while an ambassador and 3 other fellow countrymen were murdered by terrorists, but stayed in bed resting up for a campaign swing the next day. Just as bad were the actions (or lack of action) by the former Secretary of State, who neglected to take steps to help them, both before and during the attack. Funny how some Dems have said that this isn't relevant, because it occurred 8 months ago, yet the same Dems have no problem blaming the previous Republican administration for things that happened more than 5 years ago. The hypocrisy is stunning, yet sadly typical.
Correct - but the biggest and most important question of all (at least in terms of actually preventing such epic failures in the future) is WHY WERE THESE PEOPLE PUT IN HARM'S WAY IN BENGHAZI if their security could not be assured in the first place?

Answer from Obama and Hillary - lame-azz whining about "not enough budget." Horsecrap - they shouldn't have been there at all then.

One is tempted to blame simple incompetence - which ordinarily goes quite far towards explaining the Obama Admin's endless fark-ups. But in this case, it's deeper than that.

The real explanation lies I the Obama Admin's delusional, naïve, and reactionary anti-GWOT foreign policy paradigm, in which they believe they can simply wish away the Islamist axis of State and non-State actors seeking to restore fundamentalist Sharia rule and the Caliphate across the entire Middle East and pretend it does not exist. The Hahvahd heads in DC fell in love with their intellectual construct, and it keeps biting them in the azz, killing Americans, and eroding our security in the world. This is what led to their stupidity in Libya, and the impossible situation they're now in with Syria.
Teddy R

Reston, VA

#4168 May 7, 2013
And then we can go the matter of top Admin officials KNOWINGLY lying to Congress and the American People just to cover their political azzes and win an election.

An unpardonable sin that immediately disqualifies anyone who does so from future consideration for public office in the mind of any OBJECTIVE American.
Teddy R

Reston, VA

#4169 May 7, 2013
Vote Mindless Democrat Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I think there is a kinda direct correlation between all the manufactured theatre over Benghazi, and the distancing of the GOP from the Whitehouse.....dem's remember it did'nt work for the GOP in 2012, and really won't for 2016.......in fact, they may be regressing even......
I think is correlates more directly with Hillary distancing herself from the incompetents in the Obama Admin.

Looks like she didn't quite make out the exit in time to avoid permaently blighting her political future, though. If she escapes the tar, it'll be the greatest escape since Houdini ...
Obskeptic

Detroit, MI

#4170 May 7, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
one incident isn't going to define the presidency....
the truth is, is that the republicans are worrying already about hillary running in 2016 and are trying to keep this issue going.
the problem is that the republican need to find a really strong candidate.
don't be surprised if chris christie jumps ship and joins the dems.
i wouldln't be surprised to see a hillary/christie run for white house...that would prep him and give him 8 years experience as VP, and then he can run for president. the dem's are going to be busy for the next few years....
Politics is a messy business, so I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. The irony here is that Hillary played a roll in relentlessly pursuing Richard Nixon during Watergate. Of course Watergate is petty in comparison because no one died. Benghazi will be the defining moment for this president and for Hillary because four good Americans died as a result of their incompetence and failure to act. It's funny too, because Hillary even ran a campaign ad when her and Barry were running for the democrat ticket about that call at 3:00 am and who would you want to be answering that call. Turns out neither one of them could be counted on when the situation demanded accountability. They not only failed to provide the necessary security for the consulate, but refused to send help at any point during seven hours of attack by terrorists. Then they lied about it to you and everyone else in the world. You would never in a million years excuse any republican that thought they could try and get away with that BS, and you would be correct in doing so. The fact you are willing to make excuses for these two POS because they are democrats speaks volumes about your character. Your president is a liar and so is Hillary.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4171 May 8, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>"Manufactured theatre"? This could have been cleared up long ago if the Administration hadn't tried to spin what actually happened with a tall tale about a stupid video being responsible for what happened in Benghazi. Many Americans want answers as to why the President did nothing while an ambassador and 3 other fellow countrymen were murdered by terrorists, but stayed in bed resting up for a campaign swing the next day. Just as bad were the actions (or lack of action) by the former Secretary of State, who neglected to take steps to help them, both before and during the attack. Funny how some Dems have said that this isn't relevant, because it occurred 8 months ago, yet the same Dems have no problem blaming the previous Republican administration for things that happened more than 5 years ago. The hypocrisy is stunning, yet sadly typical.
...So today, Fox and all the pinhead foxbot's get off.....ON A MEETING, WHERE THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE, CRITICIZE A REPORT, BY OTHERS THAT WEREN'T THERE........Anyone remember when the republican party was still significant?.........
shameless-li

Fairfield, CT

#4172 May 9, 2013
shameless-li

Fairfield, CT

#4173 May 9, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact you are willing to make excuses for these two POS because they are democrats speaks volumes about your character. Your president is a liar and so is Hillary.
no one's making excuses about what happened but the republicans seem to think that it's the only thing that ever happened...
things like this happen everyday at embassys around the world as tragic as it may be. soldiers are getting killed everyday in afghanistan, where's the republican outrage about that???

btw - he is not my president. he is the president the people of the U.S. voted into office.
i don't trust ANY politican whether dem or rep...as we can all see, they are nothing but liars who are out to protect themselves and not the people they are suppose to represent.

Location hidden

#4174 May 9, 2013
This is the same republican party that showed their true collors, when Paul Ryan and House teaparty member's cut funding for the Service Dog Program for our returning vet's that suffer PTSD and other emotional maladies...and the program was relatively inexpensive.....They also cut funding for, Meals On Wheels...a program that delivered needed meals to disabled veterans, handicapped and elderly shutins.......but they stay on Benghazi.....go figure.....partisan bullshit....
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#4175 May 9, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
no one's making excuses about what happened but the republicans seem to think that it's the only thing that ever happened...
things like this happen everyday at embassys around the world as tragic as it may be. soldiers are getting killed everyday in afghanistan, where's the republican outrage about that???
btw - he is not my president. he is the president the people of the U.S. voted into office.
i don't trust ANY politican whether dem or rep...as we can all see, they are nothing but liars who are out to protect themselves and not the people they are suppose to represent.
Democrats on the committee including Elijah Cummings and Carolyn Maloney DID make excuses about what happened, especially when it came to who was responsible for standing down rescue efforts, as well as blaming the attack on a demonstration over a video that absolutely didn't occur.
shameless-li

United States

#4176 May 9, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Democrats on the committee including Elijah Cummings and Carolyn Maloney DID make excuses about what happened, especially when it came to who was responsible for standing down rescue efforts, as well as blaming the attack on a demonstration over a video that absolutely didn't occur.
i was responding to another poster that said "I" was making excuses, when i stated i wasn't. i wasn't talking about the dem's, i was talking about myself.

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact you are willing to make excuses for these two POS because they are democrats speaks volumes about your character. Your president is a liar and so is Hillary.
nac

Merrick, NY

#4177 May 9, 2013
I think everyone involved should lose their job, including the President. But nothing will come of this.

Republicans will be outraged by it... but they will be met by deflections and "Where where you when Bush was (insert Bush idiocy)" questions. Time will go by and everyone will soon be fighting about something else. This will all be forgotten

Until a Republican screws up down the road. Then when someone on the left is outraged, someone on the right will ask them where the outrage was for Benghazi.

4 Americans died and our government told lie after lie without repercussion. We have only ourselves to blame. We only elect criminals. Someone who is not a criminal is unelectable in our society. Strap in, it's only going to get worse.
LookWhat TheCat Draggedin

New York, NY

#4178 May 9, 2013
Rush is going and fox is next
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#4179 May 9, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...So today, Fox and all the pinhead foxbot's get off.....ON A MEETING, WHERE THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE, CRITICIZE A REPORT, BY OTHERS THAT WEREN'T THERE........Anyone remember when the republican party was still significant?.........
Republicans being significant?

That will never happen.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#4180 May 9, 2013
LookWhat TheCat Draggedin wrote:
Rush is going and fox is next
The fat, hate filled pill popping pig is getting just what he deserves.

BYE BYE, SO LONG, FAREWELL.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Obskeptic

Detroit, MI

#4181 May 10, 2013
ILAL wrote:
<quoted text>
The fat, hate filled pill popping pig is getting just what he deserves.
BYE BYE, SO LONG, FAREWELL.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
We will see. You all thought you got rid of Beck too, but that pesky first amendment keeps getting in the way of implementing dictatorial liberalism. By the way, you sound hate filled, because you lack the intellect to actually argue with those that have different views and hate is your go to response.

Location hidden

#4182 May 10, 2013
ILAL wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans being significant?
That will never happen.
They really need to follower the party regulars and divorce the tea party, and the harm it has done.....harm to the country, as well as the republican party.....
Teddy R

Reston, VA

#4183 May 10, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
Your willingness to give a free pass to rank incompetence and political corruption is shameful.

Absence of real accountability and corrective action at the proper levels (clearly, the political appointees in Foggy Bottom and the White House, in the case of Benghazi) is the reason "things like this happen everyday at embassys (sic) around the world."

This is a NON-PARTISAN defect. Your willingness not to hold the present mob accountable and demand proper sanctions that will keep such incompetents and those without integrity out of future Government service is unhelpful.

(As for the lame attempt to deflect the issue to whining about lack of Repubilicans' criticism over Afghanistan and this admin's continued support of Karzai's gangster regime - you mean like this?

"In Washington, even Republican members of Congress who had long been strong supporters of the Afghan war and Mr. Karzai, were scathing in their denunciation of him in recent days. Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who has visited Mr. Karzai repeatedly and has long been involved with Afghanistan policy, expressed “disgust and resentment” over the Afghan’s comments, in remarks quoted on Foreign Policy magazine’s Web site. He added:“I am perfectly capable of pulling the plug on Afghanistan.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/14/world/asia/... )
Teddy R

Reston, VA

#4184 May 10, 2013
Vote Mindless Democrat Forever wrote:
This is the same republican party that showed their true collors, when Paul Ryan and House teaparty member's cut funding for the Service Dog Program for our returning vet's that suffer PTSD and other emotional maladies...and the program was relatively inexpensive.....They also cut funding for, Meals On Wheels...a program that delivered needed meals to disabled veterans, handicapped and elderly shutins.......but they stay on Benghazi.....go figure.....partisan bullshit....
Incredibly lame deflection into trivia from a mindless partisan tool.

We have here a POTUS and his whole cabal who clearly, repeatedly, and knowingly LIED TO THE CONGRESS AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE about why a US Ambassador and 3 other Americans were murdered in Benghazi just to protect their "We got Bin Laden - Mission Accomplished" line to win an election, and you're defending that?

Nothing more needs to said. You should be ashamed to post such crap.
Obskeptic

Detroit, MI

#4185 May 10, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
i was responding to another poster that said "I" was making excuses, when i stated i wasn't. i wasn't talking about the dem's, i was talking about myself.
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
In the face of the existing facts that have been ignored for so long by folks like yourself, it should bother the hell out of you that the lies this President, Secretary of State, Ambassador to the United Nations from the USA, and many politicians from the Democrat Party were telling us to cover up their incompetence regarding Benghazi. To be the last ones to accept the truth and discover your team lied to you and the American people just shows how in denial some are. Your President is a liar. Your Secretary of State is a liar, and will not be President in 2016. I doubt your boi even finishes his term. Benghazi will define his presidency.
nac

Merrick, NY

#4186 May 10, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
In the face of the existing facts that have been ignored for so long by folks like yourself, it should bother the hell out of you that the lies this President, Secretary of State, Ambassador to the United Nations from the USA, and many politicians from the Democrat Party were telling us to cover up their incompetence regarding Benghazi. To be the last ones to accept the truth and discover your team lied to you and the American people just shows how in denial some are. Your President is a liar. Your Secretary of State is a liar, and will not be President in 2016. I doubt your boi even finishes his term. Benghazi will define his presidency.
Benghazi *should* define his presidency... but likely won't. Sadly, most Americans prefer a sweet lie over the bitter truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min NewsYTube 314,655
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 24 min Princess Hey 18,116
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 26 min jimi-yank 45,043
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 34 min NEMO 4,216
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr TMAN_Mets 337,847
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,845
A solar wall? What the f... it will be broken i... 2 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 6

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages