Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3826 Feb 18, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! People love to watch trash. Or in Fox News' case, people love to hear trash talk. Doesn't have to be the truth, just controversial.
My son & I watch Fox News all the time. We have a game where we shoot Nerf darts at Sean Hannity's face for Oreos.
I should get some of those....as very often, i am dangerously close to using my Smith&Wesson....when Nancy Grace come's on the screen and start's screetching....or i accidently land on, Fox and friends, in the morning and i've not fully awakened.....
Logic

United States

#3827 Feb 18, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox News is for the weak-minded simple people who need someone to point them in a certain direction. It's for losers who can't come up with an intelligent & reasonable thought for themselves. It's for followers, not leaders. You'll never see an intellectual free thinker ever quoting anything from Fox News.
Exactly
Obskeptic

Livonia, MI

#3829 Feb 18, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! People love to watch trash. Or in Fox News' case, people love to hear trash talk. Doesn't have to be the truth, just controversial.
My son & I watch Fox News all the time. We have a game where we shoot Nerf darts at Sean Hannity's face for Oreos.
So your teaching your child to hate. That makes sense. He will be much easier to manipulate when he reaches voting age if the country survives ling enough for it to matter anymore.

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#3830 Feb 18, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
So your teaching your child to hate. That makes sense. He will be much easier to manipulate when he reaches voting age if the country survives ling enough for it to matter anymore.
Hahahahahaha! I asked him who he wanted to shoot with nerf darts, his answer? "The guy with the funny hair!"

Location hidden

#3831 Feb 18, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha! I asked him who he wanted to shoot with nerf darts, his answer? "The guy with the funny hair!"
Consider an 8X10 of Donald Trump, for his birthday....lol....

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#3832 Feb 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Consider an 8X10 of Donald Trump, for his birthday....lol....
Hahahahaha!
Obskeptic

Livonia, MI

#3833 Feb 18, 2013
Thrilla wrote:
Fox is for the dumb, the stupid, the racist and those who want to be entertained by the right wing agenda.
I could not stop laughing with fox callimg Romney the winner by a landslide only to watch them on election day looking like dopes having meltdowns when Obama was called the projected winner.
There is nothing to debate. Fox sucks.
You know what they say about opinions. Putting that aside though, your statement is absurd. Fox is successful because their producers understand the market and the viewers better then everybody else, combined. They profit from their ratings numbers with advertisers willing pay for that level exposure for their products and services. This is why liberals hate free markets. Take for instance the local Detroit radio talk market. We have three successful conservative stations in our market during the day (760, 1400, & 1600 am) and early evening. We had one liberal station that played the likes of Ed Shultz, Stephanie Miller, Tony Trupiano, Tom Hartman, and that precious women, Randy Rohdes. They are gone.

Location hidden

#3834 Feb 18, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what they say about opinions. Putting that aside though, your statement is absurd. Fox is successful because their producers understand the market and the viewers better then everybody else, combined. They profit from their ratings numbers with advertisers willing pay for that level exposure for their products and services. This is why liberals hate free markets. Take for instance the local Detroit radio talk market. We have three successful conservative stations in our market during the day (760, 1400, & 1600 am) and early evening. We had one liberal station that played the likes of Ed Shultz, Stephanie Miller, Tony Trupiano, Tom Hartman, and that precious women, Randy Rohdes. They are gone.
How come your far right conservative's don't win Presidential elections?
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#3835 Feb 18, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Fox News suggested that unemployment benefits and other government assistance programs contribute to the nation's unemployment numbers, and even claimed that people are quitting their jobs to become eligible for benefits. In truth, unemployment benefits stimulate the economy and create jobs.
Reporting on news that jobless claims dropped by 27,000 last week, America's Newsroom host Bill Hemmer wondered if "government programs might be keeping unemployment rates higher than they should actually be."
Fox correspondent Doug McKelway answered that "some small business owners" say that "it's not unusual at all for people to quit work these days, because they know they can get more from unemployment and other benefits than from hard work."
He continued, "Americans are not working as much today, and there is ample evidence that it's not just an economy stuck in neutral but it may be the increasing government incentive not to work."
Despite Hemmer and McKelway's claims, studies show that unemployment benefits stimulate the economy and create jobs. In 2010, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) determined that increasing aid to the unemployed would have a bigger impact on the economy than reducing taxes.
The Economic Policy Institute's Lawrence Mishel explained that unemployment insurance is "such good stimulus" because "virtually every dollar spent on extending unemployment insurance benefits goes directly, and immediately, toward the purchase of local goods and services, providing an extremely efficient demand boost."
And near the end of 2012, the CBO concluded that extending unemployment benefits through 2013 would create 300,000 more new jobs than would otherwise be created.
What's more, the notion that one could quit work in order to receive unemployment benefits is crazy -- In order to be eligible for unemployment insurance (UI), the Labor Department makes clear, you must be "unemployed through no fault of your own (determined under State law)." In other words, if you just quit your job to get unemployment, they deny you unemployment benefits.
Everyone knows Faux News distorts the facts and the truth is as remote to them as the nearest star system.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#3836 Feb 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>How come your far right conservative's don't win Presidential elections?
Because they're outdated and don't run on issues relevant to modern day America.
They're still stuck in a time long past, but are so willing to turn back the clock.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#3837 Feb 18, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

That's all that pathetic "news" channel is worth.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#3838 Feb 18, 2013
Thrilla wrote:
Fox is for the dumb, the stupid, the racist and those who want to be entertained by the right wing agenda.
I could not stop laughing with fox callimg Romney the winner by a landslide only to watch them on election day looking like dopes having meltdowns when Obama was called the projected winner.
There is nothing to debate. Fox sucks.
Don't forget the election night meltdown by Karl Rove.
That was one of the funniest sequences shown in news media.
I agree, Fox News sucks.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#3839 Feb 18, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
Fox ratings are high for the same reason Howard Stern ratings are so high. People don't care about truth or intellect, they just want to see & hear the next stupid thing to come out of Hannity's & O'Rielly's mouths firsthand.
I couldn't agree more, they're all on par with pro wrestling; stupidity.
You're 100% correct, some people are more interested in stupid than the truth and that's a shame.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#3840 Feb 18, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't insulted anybody personally. That's Teddy Boy's MO. When faced with no intellectual answer or debate, he resorts to immature insults & childish fart humor. He takes the bait every single time.
Want to bet that besides watching Fox News each day, he probably listens to Howard Stern.

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#3841 Feb 18, 2013
ILAL wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the election night meltdown by Karl Rove.
That was one of the funniest sequences shown in news media.
I agree, Fox News sucks.
When I first saw that footage, I honestly thought Rove was kidding around. Imagine my shock & horror when I realized this "esteemed, educated & (supposedly) fair & balanced" journalist (and I use that term as loose as a sunset strip hooker) was actually being serious! Any intelligent news producer or director would have cut his mic & pulled him off the air immediately. He embarrassed his own network in a way no other anchor or journalist could have.

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#3842 Feb 18, 2013
ILAL wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more, they're all on par with pro wrestling; stupidity.
You're 100% correct, some people are more interested in stupid than the truth and that's a shame.
Sad but so true. Remember when The Learning Channel actually had informative & educational programs? Now it's crap like "Toddlers in Tiaras", "Honey BooBoo", & "Sister Wives" and it's one of the highest rated cable channels. Further proof that the general public is more interested in FAKE reality than truth. Americans love a good train wreck.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#3843 Feb 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>How come your far right conservative's don't win Presidential elections?
Science tells us it's because of the declining IQ of the American voter.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cleveland/opin...

Welcome to the new American idiocracy. Kornbluth's marching morons have won.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#3844 Feb 18, 2013
Case in point - two more Obama voters unfortunately fall just short of removing themselves from the gene pool.

http://www.fox8live.com/story/21232241/brothe...

Location hidden

#3845 Feb 18, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Science tells us it's because of the declining IQ of the American voter.
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cleveland/opin...
Welcome to the new American idiocracy. Kornbluth's marching morons have won.
Doubtful as the correct choice was made, in the last two Presidential elections.....
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#3846 Feb 18, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad but so true. Remember when The Learning Channel actually had informative & educational programs? Now it's crap like "Toddlers in Tiaras", "Honey BooBoo", & "Sister Wives" and it's one of the highest rated cable channels. Further proof that the general public is more interested in FAKE reality than truth. Americans love a good train wreck.
It's hard to believe the trash that's passing as entertainment these days.
It's the continuing dumbing down of America.
If you look at the flood of "reality" shows, most of them garbage, it makes one wonder what goes on in the minds of those who watch that junk, Fox News included.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crimea for Russians: “face off“ project 6 min Mikolas 1
Vague BSEC prospects 9 min Mikolas 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Fair Game 59,554
Anti Christian Atlantic City Irish 2 hr Plottmaster 5
Time to go? (Jun '15) 2 hr Into The Night 11,244
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 14,290
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Princess Hey 15,120
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages