When it comes to pigeon poop, Danny D...

When it comes to pigeon poop, Danny Dromm gives a crap

There are 2 comments on the Queens Crap story from Nov 30, 2011, titled When it comes to pigeon poop, Danny Dromm gives a crap. In it, Queens Crap reports that:

NY1 VIDEO : City Councilman Daniel Dromm and Jackson Heights residents have raised a stink for a long time about the pigeon waste that falls down from the beams of the Roosevelt Avenue/Jackson Heights subway station, but Dromm says he has a tough time getting the MTA to regularly clean it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Queens Crap.

Shepsl Topaz

Cresskill, NJ

#1 Dec 2, 2011
The problem isn't just the quantity of pigeon poop, it's the stupidity of the MTA. The number of pigeons getting into the station could be drastically reduced simply by closing up the entry points at the top of the station, where there are gaps in the wire mesh that pigeons have learned to use as doorways. These gaps have been there from Day 1. Whoever "designed" the structure that was put up around 2006 was an idiot. And BTW, this station was supposed to be "pigeon-proof". HA! With horizontal open beams that say "come sit and poop on me and nest in my corners", that was pretty idiotic, too. And when it was suggested that the MTA install the anti-pigeon stakes, the MTA said it was too expensive. Yeah, billions for tunnels to nowhere, but not a few thousand for crap. Speaking of crap, I've even seen nests made entirely of pigeon excrement -- and pigeons that have died right there and not been removed until I complained. So we get to breathe in poop dust because the MTA is too stupid and too cheap. Or is this just another case of their anti-outer borough bias?
Mike

United States

#2 Dec 4, 2011
The pigeons under the 7 train pooped on my sweater back in 1993 at Roosevelt and 78th. I see nobody has done anything since then to get the pigeons out from under the tracks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? (Jun '15) 1 min barefoot2626 11,105
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 min cpeter1313 311,169
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 24 min the don 328,493
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 33 min 2 Dogs 2,334
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 34 min GEORGIA 14,225
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 48 min jimi-yank 39,409
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr no friend of evil 10,726
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages