Make up

nail polish

anything that changes their God given appearance

ARE THESE WOMEN GODLY AND HOLY TO GOD?

Yes or no?
CTM

Southbury, CT

#3 Sep 10, 2013
These women are women, all beautifying what God gave them. It is their faith and hearts that define if they are true to God or not. There is no one who can judge this except God himself.
A Christian

Custer, SD

#4 Sep 11, 2013
"anything that changes their God given appearance"

What do you want - women to go around naked? That was their God given appearance.

"ARE THESE WOMEN GODLY AND HOLY TO GOD?"

Human women are not God's nor are human men God's nor are you.
What makes them either Holy to God or not? What makes you Holy to God or not?

You are not the eyes of God nor responsible for God's judgement of women.
Sayer

Cheyenne, WY

#5 Sep 12, 2013
"Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price". 1 Peter 3:1-4

"This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness". Ephesians 4:17-19
Sayer

Cheyenne, WY

#6 Sep 12, 2013
Proverbs 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11 †The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12 †She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
13 †She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
14 †She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
15 †She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
16 †She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
17 †She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
18 †She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
19 †She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
20 †She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
21 †She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
22 †She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
23 †Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
24 †She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
25 †Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
26 †She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 †She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28 †Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
29 †Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
30 †Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
31 †Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

...dream on...
Terry

Massapequa Park, NY

#7 Sep 12, 2013
Check out yourself before finding others faults.

Be concerned with how a Godly man dresses.

A woman should be obedient to her husband according to Scripture.

Not every man who walks the planet earth.
Sayer

Cheyenne, WY

#8 Sep 12, 2013
Terry wrote:
Check out yourself before finding others faults.
Be concerned with how a Godly man dresses.
A woman should be obedient to her husband according to Scripture.
Not every man who walks the planet earth.
The point of this topic was WOMEN. Pay attention. If you don't like it, go start one about MEN. In the meantime...

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; Reprove, Rebuke, Exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine". 2 Timothy 4:2

See those two "R" words followed by the "E" word? That's what he was doing. He is not wrong for that.
Topless dancer

Custer, SD

#9 Sep 12, 2013
Sayer wrote:
<quoted text>
The point of this topic was WOMEN. Pay attention. If you don't like it, go start one about MEN. In the meantime...
"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; Reprove, Rebuke, Exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine". 2 Timothy 4:2
See those two "R" words followed by the "E" word? That's what he was doing. He is not wrong for that.
No wonder you don't have a woman.
Topless dancer

Custer, SD

#10 Sep 12, 2013
Men don't follow the law:

Leviticus 19:28 states:
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:27 states:
Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.
Exodus 21:17 states:
"And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death."
Mark 10:11-12 states:
Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.
Sayer

Cheyenne, WY

#11 Sep 13, 2013
Topless dancer wrote:
Men don't follow the law:
Leviticus 19:28 states:
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:27 states:
Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.
Exodus 21:17 states:
"And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death."
Mark 10:11-12 states:
Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.
You just said it yourself in Mark 10:11-12. I am married, although my wife is divorced. Figure that out. I am solitary with God; I neither want nor need a woman. Why assume that I do? Been there, done that, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Now, I'd rather be alone with God. All a woman's presence does is mess that up. It's ironic you should mention that, actually, because just last evening we were discussing that very thing (yet again).

Why is it so widely assumed, particularly by women, that all men want a woman? They often seem to get mad even, when someone like myself isn't enticed by them (is "immune to their venom")? People say I need to "get me laid". What will that do but make me have to give account for adultery? OTOH, when I decline, they then say I must be queer. Nope, my eye still likes watching a pretty woman walk by (as God made it).

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#12 Sep 13, 2013
Oh My God
Terry

Massapequa Park, NY

#13 Sep 13, 2013
Sayer wrote:
<quoted text>
You just said it yourself in Mark 10:11-12. I am married, although my wife is divorced. Figure that out. I am solitary with God; I neither want nor need a woman. Why assume that I do? Been there, done that, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Now, I'd rather be alone with God. All a woman's presence does is mess that up. It's ironic you should mention that, actually, because just last evening we were discussing that very thing (yet again).
Why is it so widely assumed, particularly by women, that all men want a woman? They often seem to get mad even, when someone like myself isn't enticed by them (is "immune to their venom")? People say I need to "get me laid". What will that do but make me have to give account for adultery? OTOH, when I decline, they then say I must be queer. Nope, my eye still likes watching a pretty woman walk by (as God made it).
I hear you. I feel the same way about having a man. All it does is make me anxious. I have more peace with just God and me.
Terry

Massapequa Park, NY

#14 Sep 13, 2013
Oh and by the way. People also assume that all women want a man, too.

I would like to have one, but not at the expense of my peace.

I agree, its not all that its cracked up to be.

Remenber years ago Betty Friedan said "a woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle".

I finally understand what she meant.

The Battle of the Sexes rages on.

It seems very few people get to have a lifelong romance. C'est la Vie.

Take it easy.
Topless dancer

Custer, SD

#15 Sep 13, 2013
Sayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you can't get it up and she got tired of waiting while listening to your religious justification.

The trouble with born-again Christians is that they are an even bigger pain the second time around.

They use religion to justify their actions in their own minds.
Please God when will the Rapture take the religious nuts so the rest of us donít have to listen to them?

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#16 Sep 13, 2013
I got the best wife in the world, we both live our lives by Gods Bible. I praise God for my wife every day, we have 12 children married and away from home with there own family. Your life is what you make it, if Jesus is in your life you got it made. If Jesus isn't in you life then Satan controls your life. There is only two roads in life the bad or the good you make the choice what road you will take.....
Topless dancer

Custer, SD

#17 Sep 13, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
I got the best wife in the world, we both live our lives by Gods Bible. I praise God for my wife every day, we have 12 children married and away from home with there own family. Your life is what you make it, if Jesus is in your life you got it made. If Jesus isn't in you life then Satan controls your life. There is only two roads in life the bad or the good you make the choice what road you will take.....
"God's Bible"? God never wrote the Bible. Man wrote the Bible and not just one man but many over a period of time.
The Bible as we know it was never written as a book. It was a gathering of religious writings by various authors put together as the Bible by man not God.
The only words in the Bible that are attributed to God come second hand to us by human man & hand.
Their interpretation of what God said or wants is human manís. They may have been inspired by a belief in God when they wrote but the writing is manís not Godís nor did God get directly involved in what they were inspired to write.

Then one could get into whether the Old Testament applies to Christians. Jesus fulfilled the Old and gave us the New Covent. Let's not get mixed up trying to combine them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 6 min Go Blue Forever 2,154
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 9 min jimi-yank 314,462
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min Patriot AKA Bozo 52,233
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Gtown71 309,190
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr -Sprocket- 10,760
NASA potty trained Pilots in space 7 hr Maude 1
john gotti (May '12) 7 hr TRUTH 317
Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]