Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60141 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#48869 Jul 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Don't you know you can't plug up science progress?
One hundred and ten million tons of human-made CO2 are added daily into our breathing atmosphere, You lie at your own peril.

Abstract: We assess climate impacts of global warming ... We use Earth’s measured energy imbalance,...simple representations of the global carbon cycle and temperature to define emission reductions needed to stabilize climate ... spur “slow” feedbacks ... Rapid emissions reduction is required to restore Earth’s energy balance ... extraordinary witting intergenerational injustice... a forced climate change caused by increased human-made atmospheric gases, mainly CO2 ... human-made change of climate forcings is not well-constrained by empirical data,... human-made climate change is more a matter of morality than a legal issue... As with the issue of slavery and civil rights, public recognition of the moral dimensions of human-made climate change may be needed to stir the public’s conscience to the point of action.
Human-made climate change is more a matter of religion that science too, when effects are not well constrained by empirical data then fear and faith takeover.

This is the new crusade of the left, demeaning the struggle against slavery, claiming civil rights are secondary to their climate carbon dogma and stirring up the mob against reason, science and justice.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#48870 Jul 14, 2014
There is no energy imbalance, it moves at the speed of light and is rebalanced every quantum moment under the laws of thermodynamics. The carbon cycle is fine, we haven't seen any individual, group or species stabilize or change climate.

If man hadn't evolved the ability to produce and use fossil fuel another species would and we'd be extinct. Fossil fuel do enormous benefit and allow us to live the lifestyles we enjoy today.

Don't hate carbon, you are carbon.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48871 Jul 14, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Human-made climate change is more a matter of religion that science too, when effects are not well constrained by empirical data then fear and faith takeover.
This is the new crusade of the left, demeaning the struggle against slavery, claiming civil rights are secondary to their climate carbon dogma and stirring up the mob against reason, science and justice.
blah blah you post nonsense.

Why do you support extermination of Arabs ands Jews?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#48872 Jul 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
blah blah you post nonsense. Why do you support extermination of Arabs ands Jews?
What extermination of Arabs and why do you falsely accuse me of supporting extermination of anyone? Where can you find a post where I promote insult, hate or violence? That's not the way I roll, I condemn the extermination of the Jews and I'm curious what you mean, "extermination of Arabs". Please elaborate.

I find Israel's response to rocket fire on civilian targets disproportionate as long as rockets continue to fall on Israel there is no proportionality. Only when Hamas stops firing rockets into Israel will the Israelis become proportionate. Hamas profane religious sites and hide behind civilians. The are responsible for the collateral deaths, not Israel. The aggressor sets the rules in war and other violent conflict.
paddyomalley

Bastrop, TX

#48873 Jul 14, 2014
You Caliphonians are out on the edge man. Do any of you ever wake up and face reality.
Washington DC

Corona Del Mar, CA

#48874 Jul 14, 2014
And what's Obama focusing on today? Global warmitization?

The big IFTAR dinner tonight! Should be fun!
==========
8:55 PM
The President hosts an Iftar dinner
State Dining Room
Pooled Press
Chill Out

Beverly, MA

#48875 Jul 14, 2014
The world would be a lot more fun of all we did was try to make life good for anyone who crosses your path:

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Go out and buy a cake and make somebody happy.

This mess I have been reading here is just pointless and will not solve any problems today.
paddyomalley

Bastrop, TX

#48876 Jul 14, 2014
Washington DC wrote:
==========
State Dining Room
Pooled Press
Is that "Global warmitization" or womanitization. I know he enlisted the help of some who looked like they were women in their war on real women.
No Warming

Newark, OH

#48877 Jul 14, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just have to call it like it is. You whackadoodles have been presented with much evidence but have turned your back on the science in favor of RW agenda.
Actual data is the evidence, which is disproving the theory you support. The agenda is truth demonstrated by facts, not more theories trying to explain why the original theory is failing.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#48878 Jul 14, 2014
Lord Hater wrote:
<quoted text> What % of predictions Gore made came true.
An extract from the sceptical science site:
"The vilification of Al Gore is best understood in the context of personalisation. When opponents attack something abstract - like science - the public may not associate with the argument. By giving a name and a face and a set of behavioural characteristics - being a rich politician, for example - it is easy to create a fictional enemy through inference and association. Al Gore is a successful politician who presented a film, his training and experience suitable to the task. To invoke Gore is a way to obfuscate about climate science, for which Gore has neither responsibility, claim nor blame."

This is why if you google Gore & predictions you get every right wing blog known to man.
In other words it's a fabricated tactic to take your eye off the ball and concentrate on the man. Gore is only one of many messengers all saying the same thing, climate change is real and we are the major factor in causing it. None of those statements can be discredited with science, NONE and those who attempt to are the real fakes!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48879 Jul 14, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
Actual data is the evidence, which is disproving the theory you support. The agenda is truth demonstrated by facts, not more theories trying to explain why the original theory is failing.
And exactly how did you come to this whackie conclusion?
Lilly_Bedwetter

Grandville, MI

#48880 Jul 14, 2014
If it wasn't for science I might believe in global warming too.

It is so far fetched and ridiculous, global warming believers might as well be the flat earthers.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48881 Jul 14, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
An extract from the sceptical science site:
"The vilification of Al Gore is best understood in the context of personalisation. When opponents attack something abstract - like science - the public may not associate with the argument. By giving a name and a face and a set of behavioural characteristics - being a rich politician, for example - it is easy to create a fictional enemy through inference and association. Al Gore is a successful politician who presented a film, his training and experience suitable to the task. To invoke Gore is a way to obfuscate about climate science, for which Gore has neither responsibility, claim nor blame."
This is why if you google Gore & predictions you get every right wing blog known to man.
In other words it's a fabricated tactic to take your eye off the ball and concentrate on the man. Gore is only one of many messengers all saying the same thing, climate change is real and we are the major factor in causing it. None of those statements can be discredited with science, NONE and those who attempt to are the real fakes!
No surprise sks omitted Gore's hypocrisy.

Damn those inconvenient truths.

btw, another 85 grams of CO2 were puffed into the atmosphere in you lame attempt at argument.

Crisis, or not?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#48882 Jul 14, 2014
New government study. People who believe and worry about global warming USE MORE ELECTRICITY.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#48883 Jul 15, 2014
Washington DC wrote:
==========
State Dining Room
Pooled Press
...Ending the war does not require Israeli "restraint," implies [Canadian Prime Minister Stephen ]Harper. It demands the world declare that sole responsibility for the terror of violence belongs with the terrorists. It is Hamas, claims Harper, that is entirely responsible for the current Israel-Hamas war.“It is evident,” Harper asserts,“that Hamas is deliberately using human shields to further terror in the region,’’ and he takes several swipes at the United Nations and the “international community” for calling for Israeli restraint in the face of escalating rocket fire aimed at murdering and maiming Israeli civilians.

“Canada mourns the death and suffering of innocent civilians in Gaza. Responsibility rests solely with Hamas and its allies, who launched and continue to feed this crisis,’’ he said....
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/07/14...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#48884 Jul 15, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
An extract from the sceptical science site: "The vilification of Al Gore is best understood in the context of personalisation....
Al Gore is a climate populist with crony deals against every taxpayer and energy consumer in the Western World. Tom Steyer and the left's billionaires are speculating on higher energy and fuel prices but have been squeezed in a vice by cheap oil and gas from fracking.

Let the markets decide, not Washington. People can make their own decisions about fuel and energy production and use, we don't need government market controls to save our climate.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48885 Jul 15, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Al Gore is a climate populist with crony deals against every taxpayer and energy consumer in the Western World. Tom Steyer and the left's billionaires are speculating on higher energy and fuel prices but have been squeezed in a vice by cheap oil and gas from fracking.
Let the markets decide, not Washington. People can make their own decisions about fuel and energy production and use, we don't need government market controls to save our climate.
The market like corporations have no soul. They are not people.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Suffolk, VA

#48886 Jul 15, 2014
Oh you climate clowns and your hypocrisy!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/greenpolitic...

Oh look! It's not Fox news either!!!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#48887 Jul 15, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
The market like corporations have no soul. They are not people.
Those soulless markets feed and clothe people far more efficiently than government for all their good intentions.

Markets and corporations are free associations of people. They are workers, consumers, vendors, investors and managers. If the market can't solve man made climate change, it wasn't a problem in the first place.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48890 Jul 15, 2014
Mothra wrote:
Ahh the start of another week.
Let's count how many posts the warmists make adding more CO2 to the atmosphere that according to their touted 'science' is already at "crisis" levels.
And then let's see how many of them even attempt to justify their blatant hypocrisy.
I predict hundreds for the first, and zero for the second.
Just a quick update....

It would seem that Spaceballs is trying to prove he's not a hypocrite... hardly a word from him on this thread.

But what about this one?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/activism/TAUF...

Or this?
http://www.topix.com/forum/who/barack-obama/T...

Or these?
http://www.topix.com/forum/drink/T9Q7JSSSBKPP...
http://www.topix.com/forum/business/food-scie...
http://www.topix.com/forum/energy/alt-energy/...
http://www.topix.com/forum/energy/alt-energy/...

I do love holding warmists accountable to their own 'science'. Especially the "settled" "consensus" type.

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Puerto Rico is being bailed out by you 55 min Senate 1
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr rainmaker2016 14,671
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr rainmaker2016 15,464
Time to go? (Jun '15) 1 hr Into The Night 11,988
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Todd Geis 40,251
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr Paul Yanks 329,765
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr ThomasA 311,353

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance