Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63946 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45917 Apr 14, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
"Damn that inconvenient science!"
In response to Oz' latest gloom and doom post.

yip-yip-yip... goes the green chihuahua
litesong

Everett, WA

#45918 Apr 14, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
....shoots innocent g(b)irds with a pellet gun.....
Told the 30 members at an Audubon Society meeting that I had killed 90 starlings with the pellet rifle in less than a year(15+ in one day).........they gave me a round of applause.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#45919 Apr 14, 2014
Mothra wrote:
Deniers? You just can't have an adult conversation, can you?
I REALLY despise that term.

I'm Jewish, it offends me.

Did you know the green troll posts from an IP in Turkey? No kidding, I thought they knew better.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#45920 Apr 14, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Told the 30 members at an Audubon Society meeting that I had killed 90 starlings with the pellet rifle in less than a year(15+ in one day).........they gave me a round of applause.
you're a habitual liar!!! provide some substantiation the the audubon society applauded you for killing birds with a pellet gun.

you fuquing moron!!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45921 Apr 14, 2014
that the....not the the.

i know how easily you get confused!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45922 Apr 14, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I REALLY despise that term.
I'm Jewish, it offends me.
Did you know the green troll posts from an IP in Turkey? No kidding, I thought they knew better.
don't do that....
if you tell a climate alarmist that you're jewish....you'll only create more anti semites.
these alarmist ideologues are normal people.
if you don't bow to their misguided beliefs they will scorn, hate, and ridicule all you are.
they are bigots, racists, and hypocrites to the core!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45923 Apr 14, 2014
are not normal.....

see litethong?

you make my fast typing force me to spell check....after i hit post!!!

but what's a little wasted man made co2, huh???

how many innocent birds did you kill today??

i always say....if you kill it....eat it!!

you don't do that ?
New York

Fullerton, CA

#45924 Apr 15, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>if hurricanes increase in numbers....proof of agw.
if hurricanes decrease in numbers.....proof of agw.
if hurricanes remain about average.....proof of agw.
only an irrational faith based believer in agw wouldn't question this pseudoscience.
i guess the science is settled IF ANY possible change is proof of your misguided claims, huh?
if you "fix" the science to where nothing can happen that will prove your claim false.....how do you know you're ever correct?
even an eighth grade student should/could ask these questions. problem with your crowd.....nobody ever offers a response.
Good post. What kind of weather could occur in 2014-2015 that would cause them to seriously reconsider their hypothesis?

Answer: Nothing.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#45925 Apr 15, 2014
New York wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post. What kind of weather could occur in 2014-2015 that would cause them to seriously reconsider their hypothesis?
Answer: Nothing.
The topic is climate, not weather! Try to learn the difference.
New York

Fullerton, CA

#45926 Apr 15, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic is climate, not weather! Try to learn the difference.
Typical troll avoidance.

Try answering the question.

Location hidden

#45927 Apr 15, 2014
New York wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical troll avoidance.
Try answering the question.
The answer is a long term downward trend in global temperatures. This has not happened. Weather is not climate.

The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increased the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. What don't you understand?
truth facts

Lewis Center, OH

#45928 Apr 15, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is a long term downward trend in global temperatures. This has not happened. Weather is not climate.
The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increased the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. What don't you understand?
Hey everyone it's "BOZO" the clown reincarnated.
Coal is King

Madisonville, KY

#45929 Apr 15, 2014
Upcoming event: BLACK GOLD in Hazard, Kentucky:

Black Gold, a tribute to Coal mining and coal miners!
Blonde coed

Corona Del Mar, CA

#45930 Apr 15, 2014
We must stop the climate calamity.

Except for today. It's actually very nice today through most of the world. Good average temps. Some storms but nothing too bad. Ocean water level isn't too bad. Yesterday as well. Tomorrow looks good!
Blonde coed

Corona Del Mar, CA

#45931 Apr 15, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be scared. I'm not frightened and usually even little things scare me.
Coal is King

Madisonville, KY

#45932 Apr 15, 2014
Voices from the Coalfields:

From Kingsport, TN:

“You pricks will be wanting the miner to go back underground when all that cheap natural gas skyrockets and your welfare won't cover the light bill...”

From Johnson City, TN:(In response to a vicious verbal attack on the intelligence and work ethic of coal miners by an environmentalist fanatic)

“My father was a coal miner who worked underground for years and supported his family from this job. My father was very educated and very athletic and was offered a scholarship to college but turned it down to marry my mother and start a family. While my father was a miner he was elected president of the united mine workers of America. Everyone said he was very smart and knew the laws and also he would stand up for the rights of the miners. I am very proud of my father and have much respect for him. After going down in a mine to see what my father did everyday made me respect and honor him more. That is an extremely hard job and until we have worked underground all bent over and crawling on your knees don't disgrace or insult miners. The comment about miners being to dumb to go to college is bullcrap. It seems to me that you are the dumbbutt. Being a miner is a real job and probably more real than anything you have ever done or will ever do in your lifetime. Sorry but your ignorance really shines through your comments!!!”
Coal is King

Madisonville, KY

#45933 Apr 15, 2014
Blonde coed wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason that doesn't surprise me. California is the only state in the Union where public schools teach boys how to insert a tampon.

Location hidden

#45935 Apr 15, 2014
Lord Hater wrote:
<quoted text>What's your definition of (climate).
Wiki gives a pretty good one.
"Climate is a measure of the average pattern of variation in temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, wind, precipitation, atmospheric particle count and other meteorological variables in a given region over long periods of time. Climate is different from weather, in that weather only describes the short-term conditions of these variables in a given region."

Location hidden

#45936 Apr 15, 2014
Blonde coed wrote:
<quoted text>
What else can one expect from a blond?
litesong

Everett, WA

#45938 Apr 15, 2014
"blood, couple dead, but that's OK" offered:
It's actually very nice today through most of the world. Good average temps. Some storms but nothing too bad. Ocean water level isn't too bad. Yesterday as well. Tomorrow looks good!
Don't be scared. I'm not frightened......
/////////
litesong wrote:
Sun & baseball, followed by storms & snow...... Many people have a good time, till the car spins out of control in the snow & kills people. But, don' nev'r mind 'bout the AGW over-warm temperatures in the high Arctic that have been forcing Arctic cold quickly to the south on Canada, the U.S. & Mexico. Not as many dead as during the long hard AGW energy enhanced winter with cold Arctic fronts forced easily out of the North Pole region.

Nuthun' fer "blood, couple dead, but that's OK" to worra 'bout.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min Freedomofexpression 316,387
Negoish in P.S. 201 Bleaches! (Jul '10) 8 min Negoish 4
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 12 min Princess Hey 17,357
Trump brings the sun back to America 30 min The populace 1
We VS We (Nov '09) 30 min No Fiction 2,572
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 54 min No Fiction 3,050
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 58 min Bloody Bill Anderson 4,828

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages