Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her...

Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband

There are 54693 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 9, 2008, titled Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband. In it, Newsday reports that:

First lady Laura Bush acknowledged President Bush 's unpopularity, but said Monday that history will vindicate her husband's two-term presidency.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Anonymous1

Richmond Hill, Canada

#60420 Oct 12, 2014
buyerbeware wrote:
<quoted text>
I am constantly amazed at how much the "talking heads" influence people's opinions. It's as if they lack any incentive to really delve into what this whole Mideast situation means to the world. As for those who sleep safely at night, who travel without fear of exploding in midair, thisnation has not had another terrorist attack since that horrific day in September 2001. Bin Laden no longer wields the power he once had - the Muslim world is turning against the fanatics in its midst, and contrary to all Obama reports Iraq is steadily improving. History will vindicate George Bush.
No this link is for anyone to see reality in graphic Timeline compilation of failure in war on terror by Fat fish whoever they are, from average Joe point of view missing for last 25 years.
Http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php... .
Swedenforever

United States

#60421 Oct 12, 2014
jamie wrote:
When the US economy and foreign affairs are in total ruin and Russia cand China Dominate world affairs because of the neglect of the american needs and obsession on war and domination ot the middle east oil and protecting Israel, Bush will be forgoten if that in vendication then she is right
Awesome post!
Swedenforever

United States

#60422 Oct 12, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Any one else wish Saddam was still in power, and we never went into Iraq? Though many were dictators, they held the Middle East in more harmony....less terrorism....
In short yes I do
Beaver Hat

Shreveport, LA

#60423 Oct 13, 2014
The Obama administration has made it clear that Bush was a better president, so in a sense, history has already vindicated Bush so Mrs. Bush was correct.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#60424 Oct 13, 2014
BHO must be W's legacy build manager. You're looking better and better every day George. Didn't vote for you, but what a contrast to now!!!

And we still got two more years with this guy.

Location hidden

#60426 Oct 14, 2014
Anonymous1

Toronto, Canada

#60427 Oct 14, 2014
Swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text>
In short yes I do
Me too ! I wish Saddam was back in power being said that. I am from mid east but not from Iraq. The way I see it, its bad for Muslims but its getting horrific worse to hopeless economic development for the average American if it was NOT for Patriot act? To keep a few more days in office on expenses of average American.
grave digger

West Plains, MO

#60428 Oct 14, 2014
Anonymous1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too ! I wish Saddam was back in power being said that. I am from mid east but not from Iraq. The way I see it, its bad for Muslims but its getting horrific worse to hopeless economic development for the average American if it was NOT for Patriot act? To keep a few more days in office on expenses of average American.
sounds just like what a sand monkey would say,,,support a brutal dictator that murderd hundreds of thousands of people,,,do you wish hitler was around today also?,,,and mrs bush puts mrs obama to shame as a first lady,,,and in the last 6 yrs,,,people today are wishing bush was president and not obama,,,heard obama is going after canada next,,,says canada doesnt need that much land and sinse america is its protector,,,america can use the extra land,,,sorry canada,,,
Swedenforever

United States

#60430 Oct 15, 2014
The NSA is Big Brother eyeglasses, as was the Reich Stag
Swedenforever

United States

#60432 Oct 16, 2014
Beaver Hat wrote:
The Obama administration has made it clear that Bush was a better president, so in a sense, history has already vindicated Bush so Mrs. Bush was correct.
The biggest National Security Breach since Pearl Harbor was Sept. 911 and I never said it was an Inside Job but Planes going from DC to New York, where's your air force
Swedenforever

United States

#60433 Oct 16, 2014
What missiles dude??
grave digger

Ava, MO

#60434 Oct 16, 2014
Swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest National Security Breach since Pearl Harbor was Sept. 911 and I never said it was an Inside Job but Planes going from DC to New York, where's your air force
no,,,the biggest national security breach since pearl harbor was the lefty liberals taking over power in washington when obama took office,,,and look at america now,,,look at the world now,,,they found weapons of mass destruction sadam hussien had and the stories of sadam the butcher hauling them into syria to hide them are true,,,new reports are coming out on this,,,from military persons who were told not to say a word back then,,,but can talk now,,,

Location hidden

#60436 Oct 19, 2014
Ebama needs to close the borders. Maybe if the approval rating drops more, I am sure he will backpedal.

Heck Carter is like Alexander the Great compared to BHO
Anonymous53

Toronto, Canada

#60437 Oct 22, 2014
VeganTiger wrote:
Ebama needs to close the borders. Maybe if the approval rating drops more, I am sure he will backpedal.
Heck Carter is like Alexander the Great compared to BHO
Blame it on Patriot act, if it wasn't for attacking back than none of this would have happened, as the saying in Subway franchise " putba foot in own mouth" ha ha
grave digger

Branson, MO

#60438 Oct 22, 2014
oh how wonderful it would be today if mrs bush was the first lady,,,then america would have class,,,not getto acting starve the school children one we have today,,,dont forget people,,,the one we have today said she didnt like america,,,mrs bush would of never said that,,,
Swedenforever

Baltimore, MD

#60439 Oct 23, 2014
2008,2012 was the vindication
Just Saying

Mineola, NY

#60440 Oct 23, 2014
Anonymous53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame it on Patriot act, if it wasn't for attacking back than none of this would have happened, as the saying in Subway franchise " putba foot in own mouth" ha ha
You are incorrect, to put it mildly. This has nothing to do with the Patriot Act, which was a RESPONSE to terrorist attacks. There were a number of terrorist attacks against the U.S. under Clinton, even before 9/11/01. The Patriot Act was passed AFTER 3,000 Americans were murdered that day. Islamic fanatics wanted to kill us well before we passed those laws, because they are threatened by our way of life, our beliefs, and our freedoms.
Just Saying

Mineola, NY

#60441 Oct 23, 2014
Swedenforever wrote:
2008,2012 was the vindication
The results of those elections was more of a punishment than a vindication.
grave digger

West Plains, MO

#60442 Oct 23, 2014
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text> The results of those elections was more of a punishment than a vindication.
the results of those elections is the terrorist dude in new york city today 10/23/14 that attacked 4 new york police officers with a axe,,,and 2 of them cops are in the hospital,,,the ferguson riots,,,the border problems,,,the isis threat and beheadings of americans,,,the boston bombing brothers,,,the army bases murders,,,the 17.5 trillion debt,,,the VA disfunction,,,the IRS disfunction,,,the bengazi terrorist attack,,,detroit looking the way it does,,,chicago being the murder capitol for black on black murders,,,the rise and fall of the muslim brotherhood in egypt in 1 yrs time,,,ebola virus in america,,,nukes in iran,,,thousands of people in syria and iraq being murderd by isis,,,thousands of christians being murderd by isis,,,the reason a american funny youtube video maker is sitting in jail that was blamed for the terrorist attack in bengazi,,,the public school free lunch program kids are starving,,,the race relations between the black n white races went backwards 50yrs,,,and much more vindication to mention,,,,
Just Saying

Mineola, NY

#60443 Oct 23, 2014
grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>the results of those elections is the terrorist dude in new york city today 10/23/14 that attacked 4 new york police officers with a axe,,,and 2 of them cops are in the hospital,,,the ferguson riots,,,the border problems,,,the isis threat and beheadings of americans,,,the boston bombing brothers,,,the army bases murders,,,the 17.5 trillion debt,,,the VA disfunction,,,the IRS disfunction,,,the bengazi terrorist attack,,,detroit looking the way it does,,,chicago being the murder capitol for black on black murders,,,the rise and fall of the muslim brotherhood in egypt in 1 yrs time,,,ebola virus in america,,,nukes in iran,,,thousands of people in syria and iraq being murderd by isis,,,thousands of christians being murderd by isis,,,the reason a american funny youtube video maker is sitting in jail that was blamed for the terrorist attack in bengazi,,,the public school free lunch program kids are starving,,,the race relations between the black n white races went backwards 50yrs,,,and much more vindication to mention,,,,
Well stated. Let's hope that enough Americans who still care about their country come out on Election Day and send an appropriate message to those who represent us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 11 min Intrepid Surfer 12,329
Time to go? 17 min Two Dogs 3,218
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 25 min Two Dogs 1,985
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min IB DaMann 54,491
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 43 min Le Jimbo 6,391
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 49 min Jeffery Bodefus 310,473
News John Gotti Jr. will publish book 'Shadow of My ... (Jan '15) 1 hr Raylin Sutter 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages