Sheriff of Butts County

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Genes Boy

Phenix City, AL

#1 Dec 20, 2007
I just heard that Gene Pope, the high sheriff of Butts County has gotten himself suied by a ex-canidate for sheriff in the last election. It seems that Pope placed a newspaper ad and a radio broadcast accusing the canidate Bily Howard of committing crimes and was currently under investigation by the GBI. Pope admitted in a court deposistion that the statements were false.
The civil case goes to court in superior court of Butts County Jan 14th 08. Good Luck Mr. Howard, I and alot of people hope you win!!!!
Butts county resident

Phenix City, AL

#2 Dec 20, 2007
I know about this case. I wish Howard all the luck in the world. I live in Butts County and Sheriff Pope should not said those things about Howard. He exposed alot of things wrong with the sheriffs dept and exposed alot of depty sheriffs that should not be allowed to police. I was told by a local judge that he thought Billy Howard was a honest man....
Jackson

Phenix City, AL

#3 Dec 20, 2007
Howard cannot get a fair trial in BUtts County. Every one in afraid of the sheriff deputies to give a judgement against POPE. He knows where they live (the Jury) and every one of them would end up in jail. Howard don't have a chance even if he's right.
Jack Roland Monticello

Boynton Beach, FL

#4 Dec 28, 2007
Man, whats wrong with sheriff's these days. Too much power>>>>>
John Wayne

Rebecca, GA

#5 Feb 17, 2008
Well Mr. Jack Roland I see you are making your rounds in slandering people. But here is the funny part. You are no where to be found. I have tried a people search and I am unable to find you. I guess you are hiding. Why dont you man up. Oh, i forgot you like to sit behind the scene and throw mud at people. If you think you can do a better job than Sheriff Pope, why dont you run for Sheriff. So do us all a favor and stop throwing mud. That is why your boy, Billy Howard did not get elected. No one likes a to hear the mud Jack. So dont go away mad...but please just go away...
Billy Howard

Douglasville, GA

#6 Feb 22, 2008
Look John Wayne or whoever you are. Get a life and don't get me involved in you and John Rolands problems. If you want to discuss this, I AM IN THE PHONE BOOK!!!!!!
Billy Howard

Boynton Beach, FL

#7 Feb 25, 2008
I thought so, my post has been here since Friday and now its monday. I'm still in the phone book and you have my name and number. So John Wayne, here I am, sos who's hideing??, NOT ME JACK!!!
John Wayne

Rebecca, GA

#8 Mar 15, 2008
There you go again Billy. The above comment was not even directed towards you but you have to jump up and start raising hell. And you wondered why you did not get elected. So you need to shut up and mind your on business. Trust me when i say this no one wants to hear from you anyway.
Billy Howard

Boynton Beach, FL

#9 Mar 16, 2008
you are the one who broght up my name in you and Jack Rolands crap. You know who I am but you fail to give your name....Coward...
Butts County Resident

Boynton Beach, FL

#10 Mar 16, 2008
Hey John Wayne, get a life. you voted for the wrong man...... Howard got 44 % of the vote even after Pope lied about him and mad up all that stuff. I myself voted for Gene only after he said all the lies about Howard and I believed him. Now I know Gene lied just to win. It makes one wonder that if Gene had not lied, Howard might had won. I will never vote for Gene again even if no one runs against him.......
John Wayne

Rebecca, GA

#11 Mar 17, 2008
Well sir that just shows how stupid you are. I was able to sit in court a few months back and found that sheriff Pope did no wrong doing. was you able to sit in court and hear the case? or you just sitting back and throwing mud like that Jack Roland guy. It seems to be alot of that going around. And i did not vote for the wrong man. Sheriff Pope has always treated me right along with his deputies. When i was wrong I took my speeding ticket and thanked the deputy for doing a good job. Further more I did not see Sheriff Pope handing out papers with deputies criminal historys attached or telling his deputies life story. That to me sir is low down and dirty. Last time i checked deputies are people also and they can make mistakes. There was no sence in Billy Howard slandering those deputies to make sheriff Pope look bad. Those deputies have to live with there mistakes and most of them have families. I dont think Mr. Howard was thinking about anyone but himself while doing that. I think the people in the county realized how outlandish his campaign method was. And he was out but for nothing else to hurt people in the county. So for the Butts Co Resident listed above that is my thought on the matter.
John Wayne

Rebecca, GA

#12 Mar 17, 2008
And this is for you Mr. Billy Howard. Like I said before dont go away mad please just go away. Its not about being a coward Billy. I am just trying to save you some embarrassment. I was one of your supporters that is until you started telling all those deputies life stories about their criminal history in your fliers you past out. you lost alot of respect from me and my family and other members in the county. Atleast that was the word i was hearing. Good day sir.
Butts County Resident

Boynton Beach, FL

#13 Mar 17, 2008
John Wayne, so you support criminals being law enforcement officers????? Either abide by the law or you cannot enforce the law. God Bless Mr. Howard for the truth
Real Billy Howard

Boynton Beach, FL

#14 Mar 17, 2008
I don't know who is using my name on this but I am the real Billy Howard and I want you to stop !!!! I have not posted anything in this site untill now, So quit using mu name and use somebody else. You are a very sick person. As I said in the Jackson Paper. I had a fair trial and the jury ruled against me. ITS OVER.....
YOU guys really need to find something to do instead of this stuff..........
Real Billy Howard

Boynton Beach, FL

#15 Mar 17, 2008
I don't know who is using my name on this but I am the real Billy Howard and I want you to stop !!!! I have not posted anything in this site untill now, So quit using my name and use somebody else. You are a very sick person. As I said in the Jackson Paper. I had a fair trial and the jury ruled against me. ITS OVER.....
YOU guys really need to find something to do instead of this stuff..........I don't have time for this kind of crapppppppppppp
Real Billy Howard

Boynton Beach, FL

#16 Mar 18, 2008
Furthermore, I am contacting a good friend tommorrow and he is a P.C. investigator for a private detective agency. I will find your I.P. address and then find out who you guys really are. I cannot believe you both have nothing better to do.
And for my friend JP, thanks for the phone call telling me about this web site.
Butts county resident

Boynton Beach, FL

#17 Mar 18, 2008
good for you Billy, I wish you would run again
Real Billy Howard

Boynton Beach, FL

#18 Mar 20, 2008
well well well, Now I know who you are!!! It looks like you two guys conspired and both of you are good friends and work for the county......
Pastor Mike

United States

#19 Apr 25, 2008
Lets move on with Butts County, lets pray for our leaders GOD is able to correct all matters.
Meet me at the court house steps MAY 1 at 12 noon for the NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER and we will pray for our County. Look forward to seeing you there! THANKS
Scott Cavender

Boynton Beach, FL

#20 Apr 26, 2008
I have been a Butts County resident for most of my 44 years. I dont know the little details of the Sheriff`s Office, and really dont care to. Sheriff Pope has always seem to have done a fine job. I would, however, like to see more attention paid to the drug problem in the area from the County and the city. And on another note, from what I hear, more attention needs to be paid to the Board of Comissioners and their doings, than the Sheriff`s Office ever needed. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Violet Esteppe (Jul '10) May 21 GaEMT-A 24
Butts Co. Sheriff's Dept. (Jul '09) May 21 Ron Trawick 29
E. Ray Sharpe, Jr (Mar '12) May 16 karma 53
Sheriff of Butts County Ga (Dec '07) May 3 Derwin0 79
locust grove police and judges are crooked (Jul '06) Apr '16 Georgiagirl 14
explosion Apr '16 Smoky2 1
Drugs/Cell Phones at Jackson Diagnostic Prison (Sep '09) Mar '16 Tammy 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages