Concerned Mamaw

Greenbrier, TN

#1 Jul 28, 2010
I would love to know more about the headstart in LaFollette. My grandson will be starting there in a few weeks and I read some bad things mentioned on another post. I was looking forward to him going there but now I'm concerned. I know People start alot of lies and rumors on here but I would really love to hear more and to know if I should talk my daughter into not sending him.
Concerns too

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jul 28, 2010
It is your choice, but I would have concerns to, after I have read the things on here. For what I have read the people there will not tell you anything. Ask around. Good Luck.
For sure

Knoxville, TN

#3 Jul 29, 2010
I know for sure DCS has been called in on headstart before, for I called them in.
NoBody

Lenoir City, TN

#4 Jul 29, 2010
Concerned Mamaw wrote:
I would love to know more about the headstart in LaFollette. My grandson will be starting there in a few weeks and I read some bad things mentioned on another post. I was looking forward to him going there but now I'm concerned. I know People start alot of lies and rumors on here but I would really love to hear more and to know if I should talk my daughter into not sending him.
You need to call DCS Hotline and ask if there has been any compliants or investigations with head start. Also please check and ask the school about rumors. May sure your grandson is happy, if a child is being abused he will show signs. Look them up on the internet but like you said rumors run wild! Good Luck, Head Start is a good program regardless of what some people say.
Concerned Mamaw

Greenbrier, TN

#5 Aug 1, 2010
For sure wrote:
I know for sure DCS has been called in on headstart before, for I called them in.
May I ask why you called them in? I heard bad things about a red headed lady. Do you know anything about her?
what it is

Paducah, KY

#6 Aug 1, 2010
I'm not understanding something about this. You people keep referring to Headstart. I thought Headstart is a program that kids go to at various locations. When you talk about it, you seem to be talking about a particular location "in LaFollette." What location are you talking about--is it a school?
hello

Knoxville, TN

#8 Aug 1, 2010
both of my children attended valley view headstart and they loved it! I loved their teacher ms sissy she was awesome!
Now I Get It

Paducah, KY

#9 Aug 2, 2010
Concerned Mamaw wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask why you called them in? I heard bad things about a red headed lady. Do you know anything about her?
Ok, I see where this is going. I thought at first this was a discussion between several people, but now I see it's one person getting ready to trash someone.
Concerned Mamaw

Greenbrier, TN

#10 Aug 2, 2010
Now I Get It wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I see where this is going. I thought at first this was a discussion between several people, but now I see it's one person getting ready to trash someone.
I'm not trashing anyone. I'm asking a question about a red headed lady they referred to in the post from playhouse daycare. they were talking about headstart. I was just asking questions. yeah I know alot of people talk trash on here but i am a concerned grandparent and I want to know some information on this place my grandchild will be attending. No I'm not the same person that keeps posting. I have posted only 3 times as you can read my name in black and white. Since you are getting all defensive maybe you are the red head they are referring to.
Id like to know too

Greenbrier, TN

#11 Aug 2, 2010
I'd also like to know who this woman is that is accused of whipping a child with a belt at headstart...So i can tell everyone i know to NOT send their child to that headstart...also what headstart are they speaking of?
Better yet

Paducah, KY

#12 Aug 3, 2010
Concerned Mamaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trashing anyone. I'm asking a question about a red headed lady they referred to in the post from playhouse daycare. they were talking about headstart. I was just asking questions. yeah I know alot of people talk trash on here but i am a concerned grandparent and I want to know some information on this place my grandchild will be attending. No I'm not the same person that keeps posting. I have posted only 3 times as you can read my name in black and white. Since you are getting all defensive maybe you are the red head they are referring to.
Not the red head; not defensive; not a lady. That being said, you ask vague questions about "headstart" but specifics about a "red headed lady." What "place" are you talking about???? You mention LaFollette, then you mention playhouse. Yet, whoever responds to you seems to know exactly what you're saying. That's why I'm suspicious that it's another thread like the Playhouse Daycare, and I'd hate to see that started again. I hate to see people get dragged through the mud on here. There are some things that don't belong on Topix.
PARENT

Knoxville, TN

#13 Aug 3, 2010
I POSED A COMMENT ON PLAYHOUSE DAYCARE ABOUT HEADSTART. DCS SADLY IS NOT ALLOWED TO TELL WHERE THEY INVESTIGAGE. HEADSTART HAS BEEN INVESTIGAGED MORE THAN ONE TIME. DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THE COUNTY SCHOOL WILL GIVE YOU INFO ON THIS PROGRAM. YOUR STUPID. THEY WORK TOGETHER. EVERY PARENT SHOULD KNOW THIS THAT HAS HAD A CHILD IN SCHOOL. IT IS GETING WORSE BY THE YEAR. EVEN THE BOARD MEMBERS SUPPORTS THE TEACHERS. EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TRAINING. I HOPE AND PRAY YOUR NOT THE ONE OR YOUR CHILD TO HAVE A BAD EXPERIENCE. THIS IS ALL I HAVE TO COMMENT ON THIS TOPIX. I WILL NOT MAKE ANOTHER COMMENT. IT IS LEFT UP TO YOU NOW.
Agree with u

United States

#14 Aug 3, 2010
I so agree with you! All these people on here posting their opinions and accusing people of always trying to destroy someone else. People think DHS are just open to give truthful information about reports.... I Know that is not true! The truth is not all parents want to be informed! Things that happen in this town that should be a legitimate concern is treated like it is not an issue! I know first hand, the children's welfare and parents being informed about issues that are in the policies of these agencies, my experience a daycare, your experience a headstart! Well I hope none of their kid's have a horrible experience! It could happen to any child! But I am done with this topix!
Educated Opinion

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Aug 22, 2010
hello wrote:
both of my children attended valley view headstart and they loved it! I loved their teacher ms sissy she was awesome!
Ms. Sissy is an amazing teacher.She is also the only Headstart teacher who is licensed in the state of Tennesee and graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Elementary education. I highly recoommend her!!
the truth

Greenbrier, TN

#16 Aug 22, 2010
The headstart being referred to with the "red headed lady" is at West Lafollette. She isn't a teacher there anymore. She did not whip a child with a belt. She did want to do things her way and headstart is VERY strict. They do follow DCS guidelines on all matters. I can tell you that headstart has rules about everything and they are way stricter than the public school system. If someone's going to be mistreated it would be way more apt to happen in the public system before it could be hid at headstart. There is a aid in the room also. They have a lady that runs the center that is only a few feet away from each room, there is only 2 class rooms. I can tell you that no one mistreats my kids. And if I thought for one second that anyone at that center had even raised their voice at mine, it would be on!!
fool

Kingston, TN

#17 Aug 23, 2010
you are a fool!
info

Pomona, CA

#18 Aug 24, 2010
the truth wrote:
The headstart being referred to with the "red headed lady" is at West Lafollette. She isn't a teacher there anymore. She did not whip a child with a belt. She did want to do things her way and headstart is VERY strict. They do follow DCS guidelines on all matters. I can tell you that headstart has rules about everything and they are way stricter than the public school system. If someone's going to be mistreated it would be way more apt to happen in the public system before it could be hid at headstart. There is a aid in the room also. They have a lady that runs the center that is only a few feet away from each room, there is only 2 class rooms. I can tell you that no one mistreats my kids. And if I thought for one second that anyone at that center had even raised their voice at mine, it would be on!!
yes Headstart does have rules but there are alot of things teachers and assistants are told to keep their mouths shut about. Many times they are told not to tell anyone and are asked to lie. Sharon, Debbie and Donna (the one at tazewell) are the main liars and they will have to answer for What they do to God. The teachers and most of the assistants and Anne are wonderful and it hurts me that they have to deal with so much backstabbing that's in the program. As for Dorothy She is an evil witch and I thank God that I no longer have to work with her. She thought when she lied on me that it would hurt me but instead it was a blessing. I now have a wonderful job and no longer have to deal with the BS that goes on there. Sharon is a two faced witch like Dorothy, she lied on me also and it will coke back on her one day as well. To miss Sissy & Necca you two are wonderful teachers and truly make a difference in those children's lives keep up the good work. You will always have a place in my heart.
info

Pomona, CA

#19 Aug 24, 2010
Sorry I meant to type "it will come back

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
churchs 18 min megans the best 2
kandace farmer 1 hr Ty stan 15
wreck 1 hr concerned 39
Big Blast Records 1 hr Karl Childers 1
Blood needed 2 hr Calling on Angels 8
Judge Shane Sexton 3 hr this family 36
Whitney Bargy 3 hr Old Buddy 5
Jacksboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web