First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Southern Hunk

Kodak, TN

#1 Dec 22, 2009
Does anyone know the real story about Coal Town? I heard it was suppose to be an amusement park at one time, but never opened. Now it just seems like a place for kids to party.
jingle ling

Knoxville, TN

#2 Dec 23, 2009
Will Junior Thacker bought that mountain & stripped it for coal for many years. He got into buying & selling land in Kissimmee FL. Guess when he sold some to Walt Disney he got the idea. He built Coal Town around 1977 or 1978 I think. It lasted a very short time. Is your head really big or are u really a southern hunk?
Southern Hunk

Dandridge, TN

#3 Dec 24, 2009
Interesting...very interesting. I have been up there a couple of times, but it just seemed like more of a ghost town than an old amusement park. I have heard stories so just wanted to know if anyone knew the real story. Yes I do have a really big head, and yes I really am a southern hunk.
his daughter

Harrogate, TN

#5 Dec 26, 2009
his youngest daughter was murdered in feb. and still no leads . i hope and pray the KPD can find the killer and help give her family some closure
jingle ling wrote:
Will Junior Thacker bought that mountain & stripped it for coal for many years. He got into buying & selling land in Kissimmee FL. Guess when he sold some to Walt Disney he got the idea. He built Coal Town around 1977 or 1978 I think. It lasted a very short time. Is your head really big or are u really a southern hunk?
wandering

Surgoinsville, TN

#6 Dec 28, 2009
was Junior youngest daughter murdered didnt know anything about that can you give any info this would have been the one he had with cindy or somethind like that what happen to Joesph ????
yes she was

Harrogate, TN

#7 Dec 28, 2009
You can read about it and see the video on wate news at this web site.

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp...
wandering wrote:
was Junior youngest daughter murdered didnt know anything about that can you give any info this would have been the one he had with cindy or somethind like that what happen to Joesph ????
MADD

Norris, TN

#8 Dec 29, 2009
if your looking for joe look in the county jail, he has had about 12 dui's.his sorry ass should be in prison after the 3rd one but they kept paying the money to get him out.he was and i am sure still is a sorry piece of shit.
JOES OLD LADY

United States

#9 Jan 14, 2010
TO MADD,,,,, NO JOE IS NOT IN JAIL, NOR HAS HE EVER HAD 12 DUI'S SO PLEASE KNOW THE FACTS BEFORE YOU SPEAK., TO ANYONE WHO IS WONDERING ABOUT JOE...... HE IS DOING QUIET WELL THANK YOU, AND NO HE IS NOT IN JAIL. AND FOR THE COMMENT FROM MADD I'M SURE YOU KNOW NOTHING OF HIS FAMILY AND WHAT THEY HAVE DONE FOR HIM. AND FROM JOE HIMSELF WHOEVER SAID I WAS A PIECE OF SHIT BRING IT ON IM SURE IM DOING ALOT BETTER THAN YOU.
MADD

Norris, TN

#10 Jan 14, 2010
lol right look at the public records it will tell you all you need to know, and next i guess your gonna tell me what a good father he has been?lol just ask the man that raised his kids he will tell you what a upstanding guy he is.and if i was guessing i would say say my lady you are # 3 or 4 wife and i bet if you go to all the ones before you they to will tell you what a great catch you got lmao. and yes if it was not for daddy getting him out of all the dui's he got you my dear would not be where you are now with him.so we will still pray for him and you as well. and you do one thing for us when daddy of the year is drinking keep him from behind the wheel thanks MADD
JOES OLD LADY

United States

#11 Jan 14, 2010
well first of all, no i'm not his wife. but that would be nothing to you if i was. but i will say this, it's one thing to say the things you say about joe, even thou you really don't know what you are talking about. and yes i know what he has done, and everything about him. i also know his 2 oldest kids as well as there mother thank you and he was always good to his kids, and they love him very much. i really don't think you should bring his children into anything when you don't know what you are talking about, and about his dui the only offence he has ever committed i also know how they came about. also i don't have to ask anyone about the catch i have, i dated him 26 years ago,and i know what i've got, ask his ex wives they have nothing bad to say, nor does his 3 children.
MADD

Norris, TN

#12 Jan 14, 2010
one dui?lmao hang in there ya got the catch of the day lmao
MADD

Norris, TN

#13 Jan 14, 2010
oh yes tell him to vote goins for sheriff lol
ok now

Harrogate, TN

#14 Jan 15, 2010
good people
Lothar

AOL

#15 Mar 20, 2010
That land is now owned by the guy that develps the Rarity properties
Hey Lothar

Knoxville, TN

#16 Apr 12, 2010
Lothar wrote:
That land is now owned by the guy that develps the Rarity properties
U have so many comments on this whole Campbell forum that u , who ever u may be old man have gotten yourself in a world of shit. Really, just a fair warning. The things u have said about people are so far fetched and such made up crap that if u have no money to pay for all the slander, pain and suffering that u have brought on u may enjoy a lil time in the pin. I heard there is a lot of gossip going on there u may enjoy.
Suzanne

Smithville, TN

#17 Apr 13, 2010
I always heard that a Mandrell Sister owned Coal Town when it was a amusement park. Its a awesome 4-wheeler ride nowadays.. Love going there.. Especially after a rain.
James

Wilmington, OH

#18 May 18, 2010
I went there as a kid with my dad and grandpa, I think my dads cousin was the caretaker. If I remember correctly it was 1979 or 80 and the park had been open the year before. I can still remember all the rides and shops they were full of stuff. Is the park still there? Does anyone have pictures? I think the caretakers name was Russell Goodman but Iím not sure.
honkytonk

United States

#19 May 18, 2010
I remember not when the park was open, but when the buildings were still standing. One building was rented out as a banquet hall after the park closed. There is a train tunnel that goes under the paarking lot. Not many. People know about it. The train tracks were built to make a loop around the park, but I hear the train kept jumping the tracks. Was an awesome paintball field until the heathens burned down all the buildings. The washed out drive that goes to the right as you enter the parking lot was an area for rvs to park. I heard a few years ago that a partnership of lawyers bought it and were going to make it into a golf course. I hears the park was only briefly open. I guess people didn't want to come to an amusement park and have religion and information about coal shoved down their throats. The pond has fish in it.
eric harding

Knoxville, TN

#20 May 18, 2010
its the best after a hard rain. i love the place but if you break down do not leave ur truck. i did to get a winch and when i got back someone burned my brother in laws truck
Reanna

La Vergne, TN

#21 May 18, 2010
MADD wrote:
if your looking for joe look in the county jail, he has had about 12 dui's.his sorry ass should be in prison after the 3rd one but they kept paying the money to get him out.he was and i am sure still is a sorry piece of shit.
Fred Cole wants to pass beer sales on Sunday he might be the one giving him the money! We need a local MADD!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sprint network 6 min needing to know 1
joe Lindsay is a slum lord! 7 min dingo 1
Baby Lugo help needed for Famil 14 min uh huh lol 6
Jamie cox 2 hr omg LOL 3
What Housley wants for christmas 2 hr Dude 9
wany older lady 3 hr good ol boy 14
Alamo Home Inspections-Chad West (Aug '13) 7 hr CSK 11
More from around the web

Jacksboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE