Door to door interns selling Children...

Door to door interns selling Children's books

Posted in the Jacksboro Forum

Concerned

United States

#1 Jun 22, 2012
There is a young girl going around in the Jacksboro area saying she is an intern from LSU selling books. Do not let her in to use your bathroom or to get something to eat. ( I had a girl come last year from the same company and sold me some books. She asked if she could use the bathroom and I didn't think anything about it because she looked harmless. She used our bathroom and came out in kind of a hurry and said she had to go. She pretty much ran from our door to her car. I realized she was acting strange so I ran into the bathroom and seen that she had left all the money in there from the company. I luckily caught her before she got out of our driveway and gave it back to her.) It is definetely some kind of scam. Not sure what is going on. Just be safe and don't let anyone selling door to door into your home unless you know it is legit. I talked to a neighbor after she left and they said she wanted to come in and get something to eat. These people are just trying to find ways to get into your house.
Concerned

United States

#2 Jun 22, 2012
I don't know why it is saying I am from Clover, SC but I am a Jacksboro resident lol
Parent

Fort Campbell, TN

#3 Jun 22, 2012
Was it a dark headed girl? If so she came to my house a couple of days ago. She acted as if she was on something. It took her like 20 minutes before she even explained what she was trying to sell. Her eyes would actually roll back in her head. I told her to get the hell off of my property before I called the law. I dont want that crap aroud my kids and they were standing right there. My youngest ask if she was sick.I told him yes
woo

Nashville, TN

#4 Jun 22, 2012
Only problem with that is they figure then that if someone IS sick, and I mean legit sick and needs their help the answer is to run them off their property. Damn it's hard to figure how to explain to kids the difference between druggy sick and need to stay away from them, and the truly sick that you SHOULD help. I don't ever answer my door when it's somebody I don't know, period. If they stand there a minute too long after it's obvious no one is gonna answer their knocking I DO call the law. I hate that it has to be that way, but my Mom was victimized as she is elderly, and the woman asked for a glass of water as it was a hot day (4 yrs ago) and thinking nothing of it turned around and went to her kitchen to get that water for her, leaving her on the porch but the door open. The woman dashed to her bathroom, and locked the door! Mom confused and taken aback asked if she was okay, she said yeah, then came out and was quick out the door. Mom standing there with that glass of water thinking 'what?'. She called me bewildered and I told her to check her bathroom. She did and came back on the phone to say it was ransacked. Scared her and me to pieces, and then got MAD. She was obviously looking for drugs and didn't find any so took any and everything in there she could sell more then likely to buy what she couldn't find she wanted the most. Scared the hell out of me for my Mother. Just damn!
whoa

Nashville, TN

#6 Jun 23, 2012
Something seriously strange about the above post - this thread about this LSU chick/druggie (besides that I figured LSU was a typo in the first post, and they meant L.M.U as LMU is LOCAL. LSU = LOUISIANA State Univ. Why would LSU be HERE, right?) brand new acct with only 2 posts, within 24 hrs of the 1st post being made about this "rep" pan handling druggie chick, and the nerve to post "Thank you for looking out for your community." ??? Yet doesn't deny the LSU chick mentioned on here isn't one of theirs....

SMH. Scammer freaks, is the least of it, obviously.
Yes

Nebo, NC

#7 Jun 23, 2012
Parent wrote:
Was it a dark headed girl? If so she came to my house a couple of days ago. She acted as if she was on something. It took her like 20 minutes before she even explained what she was trying to sell. Her eyes would actually roll back in her head. I told her to get the hell off of my property before I called the law. I dont want that crap aroud my kids and they were standing right there. My youngest ask if she was sick.I told him yes
yes she did have dark hair, she came walking up my drive why waving her hand and talking to herself!!! I didn't even open the door. But I will say she needs to be careful cause I have two large dogs and a hand gun!!! Who she she waving at??? Maybe it's a sign for someone? Who would let a girl go door to door with all the danger. Fishy very fishy.
Concerned

United States

#8 Jun 25, 2012
The young girl did say she was an intern from Lousiana State University. I didn't get a good look at her lisence plate but it definately wasn't Tennessee. Just don't open the door for this girl...you never know about people these days and don't click on the links above from the guy in Franklin (never know about that either). Again.....I am a Jacksboro resident if it shows up as something else.
right

Nashville, TN

#10 Jun 25, 2012
^^^^ all that, and yet no apologies to anyone on here that's reporting that your REP comes to their door acting all druggie weird. move the hell on troll and get ur con freaks moved on with ya already.
right

Nashville, TN

#11 Jun 25, 2012
Concerned wrote:
The young girl did say she was an intern from Lousiana State University. I didn't get a good look at her lisence plate but it definately wasn't Tennessee. Just don't open the door for this girl...you never know about people these days and don't click on the links above from the guy in Franklin (never know about that either). Again.....I am a Jacksboro resident if it shows up as something else.
I know that's right, I don't ever click on links of spammers, which this guy obviously is - value my hard drive. My location says Jacksboro yet I'm not in Jacksboro, but it's all good. lol
Yep

Nashville, TN

#12 Jun 25, 2012
This girl came to my neighbors house tonight. When she was leaving she backed into my mailbox. Busted the concrete, the mailbox is destroyed. So Mr. rRyanDavis if I call the above number to complain will they send me a reimbursement for damages one to my property?
bad to worse

Nashville, TN

#13 Jun 25, 2012
Now that there you gotta do something about, I hope you got her license plate number, dang!
FULL STOP

Nashville, TN

#14 Jun 25, 2012
Uh huh! Just did a quick search on this SCAM company, folks, start with THIS article:

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/february23...

Folks, just put into Google: "reviews for Southwestern advantage internship" exactly as I just did, there's TONS of info that CLEARLY states what 'legal scam' this POS company and it's POS Baptist minister (of all things!) founder of it is ALL about!

The company is REAL alright! And, this girl y'all been experiencing coming to your door more then likely IS an intern with this 'LEGAL SCAM' company, but I'm telling you SHE has been duped into internshipping with them, so anyone buying from her, take warning: You're BOTH been scammed by the company - her AND you, but worse off her (unless she's one of the kind of interns reported by host families that are paying in hell for having them in their home)!

Forgetting money in the bathroom (overtired and confused probably) running over mailboxes, and acting all weird? Just from what I'VE read the girl's being worked to death - 80+ HRS a week, door-to-door - by the brainwashing sales pitch that POS like rRyanDavis on here put on here to sucker HER into scamming FOR them. Oh, and she is an intern but 'independent contractor' of them so the company skates out of liability for damages any intern causes, so there ya go "Yep". UGH.

I'm telling you BE CAREFUL.

There are reports of what's called 'host families' that take in these interns as they go around scamming for this company as they are far from home, and whatever they need - food, shelter, etc - THEY have to pay for. They don't make sales then they starve. So people volunteer to host them, but plenty of them have experienced hell for hosting them too, because the inturn turned out to be abusing them and their generosity, AS WELL AS a Mt. Vesuvius of reports of interns being financially abused BY this company with their pyramid scam!

This "rRyanDavis" POS is working for the company getting a cut of the interns sales doing exactly NOTHING but setting wherever in a A/C office kicking back taking it easy, and putting ALL the pressure on the interns bashing them if they don't sell enough, because that's how he makes HIS money, and so on up the ladder to the TOP POS that's living in a huge mansion in Nashville, and in Manhattan NYC on his stack of Bibles they started all this with laughing his ass off all the way to the bank - FILTHY POS SOB!
FULL STOP

Nashville, TN

#15 Jun 25, 2012
Oh and there's tons of reports that when you give them your debit/credit payment info, whether you actually get the lower quality books you buy from them,(lower quality then what tell you they are), watch for them to be deducting that payment every month AFTER you've already paid-in-full. Plenty of that reported also. Parents of these interns that were duped right along with their student child (adult child) into encouraging their kid into interning with them, are up in arms too.

UGH. Knowledge is power folks, and tonight received an education about this legal scam company called Southwestern Advantage to add to the list of EDUCATION of disgusting pyramid scheme companies are, especially ones that 'found and base their so-called ethics on Christianity. Nastier then nasty!

G'Nite!
Jay

Maple Valley, WA

#17 Sep 21, 2012
AHHHHH - THERE IS THE KEY WORD!! "INDEPENDENT REP" - you people are liars. I am filing a complaint with the BBB. One of your "independent reps" robbed a little old lady by stealing money out of her purse.

I am taking your company down!
rRyanDavis wrote:
Chances are the LSU girl was one of our student reps running her own independent business this summer selling our educational products to families in your community. Our blog has info for those wanting to learn more: http://southwesternadvantage.blogspot.com/201...
For further info on how to safely interact with any door-to-door salesman from any organization or company, you can read another blog post we've provided: http://www.southwesterndifference.com/door-to...
To speak with someone directly about one of our student reps, call 888-602-7867 or email [email protected] and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Thank you also for being citizens looking out for the well-being of your local community.
mountain man

United States

#18 Sep 21, 2012
Had a gurl and guy stop me getting out of the car said she just needed people to sign a petition the talked for 20 mins I'm to kind hearted to just tell them to go one said he was going to school at UT they finally figured out there not getting any money say they left seemed like nice people ...
Mrs Cleaver

Dallas, TX

#19 Dec 5, 2012
You Tennessee people are so closed minded and sad. Just amazes you that a young person would try to work the summer to pay for their school tuition doesn't it. Poor kids do work 80 hrs a week, lots of rejection, but it is not a scam. My daughter worked hard, and made enough money in those 2 1/2 months in the summer, that would pay for her tuition for the next year. As a parent, I am sooo grateful my 19 year old girl is willing to work hard, instead of just let me and her dad sacrifice to pay for her school. I feel sorry when the kids run into fools like ya'll though. That's OK, don't answer the door, let your children fail their classes, just like you did.
just like YOU did

La Follette, TN

#20 Dec 5, 2012
What part of post #14's link do you not get "Mrs. Cleaver"? Didn't think to protect your daughter by helping her investigate the company she worked for before just letting her jump right in, obviously. So she was lucky it turned out okay for her. Not so lucky for her - having IDIOTS as parents.
North Texas

Leonard, TX

#22 Jul 16, 2013
Word around here is there is a woman that drives a Nissan Versa (I think it was blue) and she asks about your children and their education. SHe claimed to come from Indiana and that she's a collage student on missionary work here. People are saying later a man comes and breaks into your house to steal your children for some sort of trafficking ring!!! They drug and sell the children! Keep these people away from your home and your children. The woman who came to my house about a month ago was very sweet and polite but don't let this fool you! I didn't buy anything from her but as she was leaving she asked if there were other houses with children near by that she could possibly sell books too. I wish I could remember the name of those books.
Here is a picture with the info I just saw on Facebook. This prompted me to research this.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
North Texas

Leonard, TX

#23 Jul 16, 2013
It is the stuff on the SOuthWestern website posted by the rRyanDavis. The stuff is called Skwids!!! Keep them away from your children!!!!!!!!!! They are preditors!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Weigels 48 min MrsP 3
Anyone know where Renee Lloyd is 2 hr 423Gurl 2
Bugg Kitts 3 hr valley guy 2
Girl at David's appartments 5 hr Chucky cheese 1
Joana Braden 6 hr Hmmm 12
Large Amounts of Drug Money Behind Robbie Goins (Jul '10) 6 hr James 24
freemason's 6 hr AllSeeingEye OfTrump 19

Jacksboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance