Traffic camera in Brantley ?

Posted in the Jack Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Vaca Guy

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Jun 4, 2016
I was passing through Brantley last week about 10pm....no one in sight. I passed by a vehicle parked on the side of the road and saw a red flash. Is this a traffic camera ? Am I going to receive a speeding ticket in the mail ?
Stop the Crooks

Hendersonville, TN

#2 Aug 16, 2016
Yes you will receive a ticket that will say you were doing 48 in a 35 and your fine is $80. Please send payment to Ohio. What does Ohio have to do with speed traps in Alabama. Looks like a way for both states to steal money from people traveling thru Alabama to go to the beach. We need to start a petition and find a good attorney to see if this is legal for them to send out violations when I know a lot of people that say they were not even speeding and received a letter from these crooks! Is there anyone else that has received a violation from these people if so please post. Thanks, we need to stop this illegal way of taking working peoples money for no reason.
NyNy

United States

#3 Oct 22, 2016
Stop the Crooks wrote:
Yes you will receive a ticket that will say you were doing 48 in a 35 and your fine is $80. Please send payment to Ohio. What does Ohio have to do with speed traps in Alabama. Looks like a way for both states to steal money from people traveling thru Alabama to go to the beach. We need to start a petition and find a good attorney to see if this is legal for them to send out violations when I know a lot of people that say they were not even speeding and received a letter from these crooks! Is there anyone else that has received a violation from these people if so please post. Thanks, we need to stop this illegal way of taking working peoples money for no reason.
I just received something saying I was going 48 in a 35 to pay $80. Do I pay this?
Susan Williams

Media, PA

#4 Apr 24, 2017
I received two tickets in the mail about 7 minutes apart from each other. How does that happen unless I turned around which I didnt I don't even live in Brantley, and I don't believe I was speeding, because I know the cameras are there, I pass them everyday going to work. This is a speed trap and they need to go away!
Shankster07

Sterling Heights, MI

#5 May 10, 2017
Susan Williams wrote:
I received two tickets in the mail about 7 minutes apart from each other. How does that happen unless I turned around which I didnt I don't even live in Brantley, and I don't believe I was speeding, because I know the cameras are there, I pass them everyday going to work. This is a speed trap and they need to go away!
I also got a ticket...I'm from IN and I think is all BS....They know I wont come to fight it and an attorney will cost more than 80$.....Total BS....I hate Alabama...wont ever go through that crapy BS state again....
Anonymous

Decatur, AL

#6 May 24, 2017
NyNy wrote:
<quoted text>

I just received something saying I was going 48 in a 35 to pay $80. Do I pay this?
We also received this notice in the mail; thinking it was legit & not wanting to be bothered by them, again, we paid it!! This was in sept 2016 when we were on our way to the beach.
Manda2561

Louisville, KY

#7 Jun 6, 2017
Has anyone chosen not to pay the ticket? If so, what happened???
Mad in Bham

Bessemer, AL

#8 Jun 16, 2017
My ticket was for $110. Enjoy that $110 City of Brantley. Will never see me again. Nothing more than a cash grab. No wonder Alabama has the reputation it does with the rest of the country. Is this legal? Will tell everyone I know about this farce.

Stay away from Brantley Al.!!!!!!!!!
Davidp

Birmingham, AL

#9 Jun 25, 2017
I received a ticket in the mail for $111 saying I was doing 42 in a 25 school zone in Brantley but the video clearly shows a sign saying 35 mph. Their code says they fine when going 10 miles over the posted limit. Using Google earth and following the route, there is a school just before the 35mph sign but no school zone signs and no slower speeds. I called the number on the ticket and a lady in Arizona (I think) agreed that the video showed 35mph sign and that ticked said 25 and that there was usually 11 or 12 mile grace amount but she could not help me.
jaywalker

Chatsworth, GA

#10 Jul 14, 2017
Manda2561 wrote:
they told me a 25 dollar failure to respond fee would be added and it would be turned over to collections
Carol41363

Chicago, IL

#11 Aug 3, 2017
Vaca Guy wrote:
I was passing through Brantley last week about 10pm....no one in sight. I passed by a vehicle parked on the side of the road and saw a red flash. Is this a traffic camera ? Am I going to receive a speeding ticket in the mail ?
June 2017 - I just received a ticket in the mail myself, saying I was doing 48 in a 35. I am in my 50's with only 1 ever ticket in my entire life and I was not speeding. This town is hours away from where I live and the only way to fight it it so take a day of work, schedule a hearing, and drive back down there. I don't want to pay the $80 because I know I was not speeding. But $80 would be cheaper than taking time off work to drive 200 miles away and the cost of food and gas. I guess most people feel that way and just send the money. And WHY is it going to Ohio?
Mark

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#12 Aug 4, 2017
Carol41363 wrote:
<quoted text>

June 2017 - I just received a ticket in the mail myself, saying I was doing 48 in a 35. I am in my 50's with only 1 ever ticket in my entire life and I was not speeding. This town is hours away from where I live and the only way to fight it it so take a day of work, schedule a hearing, and drive back down there. I don't want to pay the $80 because I know I was not speeding. But $80 would be cheaper than taking time off work to drive 200 miles away and the cost of food and gas. I guess most people feel that way and just send the money. And WHY is it going to Ohio?
I got the same thing a couple of days ago. I'm going to talk to a friend who is a lawyer. I don't think they can make you pay. They say it happened in June. This is a joke.
Nomorebrantley

Lanett, AL

#13 Aug 11, 2017
I encourage you to send a letter to the Alabama State Attorney Generals office and complain. Also send a letter to the Alabama Civil Liberty Union protesting this "Legalized Theft" scam the Town of Brantley Alabama is running. Being a senior citizen and living on fixed income I resent their stealing $80 from my social security check. That's money from my monthly food and medicine allowance. I hope those pathetic people enjoy my grocery money. I suspect they pick out of town people that they know can' afford to return for a "hearing", which they would lose!
Beach Bound

Birmingham, AL

#14 Aug 19, 2017
Manda2561 wrote:
I am also wondering if anyone has showed up in court to protest it? According to my video I am going the exact same speed as everyone else.
Heather

Lawrenceburg, KY

#15 Aug 28, 2017
Just recieved letter from my rental car company that I was speeding but does not tell me speed says no citation available online mines for 110.00 where is this camera at we were headed thru to PCB first time ever goin thru this area
Del

Ft Mitchell, KY

#16 Sep 12, 2017
I think it is deplorable that a town could take advantage of tourist.
Miles

United States

#17 Sep 13, 2017
Stop the Crooks wrote:
You're absolutely right. I just received a notice (certified mail) saying the camera clocked me speeding doing 48 in a 35. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Especially since reading comments of others who were allegedly doing the exact same speed. It amused me that the notice states that a camera captured the Alley speeding and the footage was reviewed/ imspected by an officer who believes the images to be accurate. Alabama law provides that a violation has to be observed by an officer (not camera) so I guess this is Brantley's way of circumventing the law requirement.
Laura

Sherwood, AR

#18 Sep 29, 2017
Miles wrote:
<quoted text>

You're absolutely right. I just received a notice (certified mail) saying the camera clocked me speeding doing 48 in a 35. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Especially since reading comments of others who were allegedly doing the exact same speed. It amused me that the notice states that a camera captured the Alley speeding and the footage was reviewed/ imspected by an officer who believes the images to be accurate. Alabama law provides that a violation has to be observed by an officer (not camera) so I guess this is Brantley's way of circumventing the law requirement.
I have also been notified by my rental agency regarding a moving violation (since there is no toll road for the town of 860 residents, and that was the other possible violation). I have been charged a fee from the rental agency to "process the information" on top of the ticket that I have yet to receive. It will be interesting to see how fast I was going. Something tells me, according to popular consensus, I will be found to have gone 48 in a 35. My family was following me in another car, so it will also be interesting to see if they receive one as well. I can understand that a town of 860 people may contract out for the traffic camera, thus the payments to Ohio, but the fact that five of the viewable people from this discussion have the exact same speed variations on their citations. Something is indeed rotten in Denmark...will let you know when I get my ticket.
Russell

Locust Grove, AR

#19 Oct 14, 2017
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>

I have also been notified by my rental agency regarding a moving violation (since there is no toll road for the town of 860 residents, and that was the other possible violation). I have been charged a fee from the rental agency to "process the information" on top of the ticket that I have yet to receive. It will be interesting to see how fast I was going. Something tells me, according to popular consensus, I will be found to have gone 48 in a 35. My family was following me in another car, so it will also be interesting to see if they receive one as well. I can understand that a town of 860 people may contract out for the traffic camera, thus the payments to Ohio, but the fact that five of the viewable people from this discussion have the exact same speed variations on their citations. Something is indeed rotten in Denmark...will let you know when I get my ticket.
Well l just got one in the town of Brantley for going 48 in a 35. What happens if a person just ignores it and refuses to pay ?
OkRight

United States

#20 Oct 14, 2017
We also just received a "notice of violation" for this town. 47 in a 35. I am speaking with an attorney prior to paying anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jack Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christmas city Nov 23 Jfloyd19i0 1
One headless Pit Bull and one burned Pit Bull d... Aug '18 End Dogfighting 1
Hannah barron Aug '18 Guest 1
find with date (Sep '13) Sep '13 Titus Hubenthal 1
Debate: Trayvon Martin - Jack, AL (May '12) May '12 flight42 1
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Jack, AL (Aug '11) Aug '11 William H. McMaster 2
2011 Enterprise And Gulf Coast Miss Heart of Am... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Peggy 1

Jack Jobs

Personal Finance

Jack Mortgages