Tishomingo County jail inmate dies

Jul 25, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newms360.com

Inmate Glenn Hopson, 41, was found dead in the Tishomingo County Jail Monday, according to Tishomingo County Coroner Tishomingo County Coroner Mack Wilemon.

Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Dec 16, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dupree

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Is it true that he did it with his underwear ?
bobsson

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

I do not know but I feel bad for his children.
Bull

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

Where was the officers at when this happened to him ?? Someone supposedly in the "Drunk Tank" needs to be watched over to begin with !! In that type of condition anything could happen !! Shows who does their job it's SICKENING !! A man's life is lost because of negligence !! Ridiculous !!

My apologies go out too all the children and family of this man and I pray you all can get this behind you and live a good life! The loss of a loved one is very hard to deal with and you just have to remember to take it one day at a time !! GOD BLESS YOU ALL !!
Judge22

Tuscumbia, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Bull wrote:
Where was the officers at when this happened to him ?? Someone supposedly in the "Drunk Tank" needs to be watched over to begin with !! In that type of condition anything could happen !! Shows who does their job it's SICKENING !! A man's life is lost because of negligence !! Ridiculous !!
My apologies go out too all the children and family of this man and I pray you all can get this behind you and live a good life! The loss of a loved one is very hard to deal with and you just have to remember to take it one day at a time !! GOD BLESS YOU ALL !!
EXACTLY! Where was the supervision?

Since: Jul 11

Burnsville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Bull wrote:

I have a question: where was the negligence?

We will pray for his family!
Judge22

Tuscumbia, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

I would think that would be obvious. One shouldn't be able to commit suicide in the jail. I guess the MBI might be asking how it happened also. Prayers go up for the family. If Whitlock cannot handle just a few inmates, how will he handle many more in the new jail???

Burnsville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

Judge22 wrote:
I would think that would be obvious. One shouldn't be able to commit suicide in the jail. I guess the MBI might be asking how it happened also. Prayers go up for the family. If Whitlock cannot handle just a few inmates, how will he handle many more in the new jail???
How long do you think it takes for a person to hang themselves? The jail didn't kill him. He did. It's sad a person would think their life was so bad that they would have to kill themself.
Do you think he would have done it No matter where he was?
Judge22

Tuscumbia, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

It is very sad. As far as your question "Do you think he would have done it No matter where he was?" I don't know. I do know he should have been under supervision.

Burnsville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judge22 wrote:
It is very sad. As far as your question "Do you think he would have done it No matter where he was?" I don't know. I do know he should have been under supervision.
I wonder how often the jailer has to check on a inmate.(by law).

What if he did it right after he was checked on. Knowing that the jailer wouldn't be back right away.
Hmmmm..........
Judge22

Tuscumbia, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

You are missing the point. There shouldn't be a way for an inmate to hang themselves.

Burnsville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judge22 wrote:
You are missing the point. There shouldn't be a way for an inmate to hang themselves.
I agree with you there shouldn't be away. I'm trying to see both sides of it.
I'm looking at the whole picture.

Burnsville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

Judge22 wrote:
I agree with you there shouldn't be away. I'm trying to see both sides of it.
I'm looking at the whole picture.

Since: Aug 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Judge22 wrote:
I really think something is wrong with you...to do that they would have to strip them naked restrain then and not give them blankets or anything and them they would be in trouble...no reflection on his family and condolences to his family...but the man had violated his probation by drinking and beating his girlfriend...
Judge22

Tuscumbia, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

a1bch wrote:
<quoted text>
I really think something is wrong with you...to do that they would have to strip them naked restrain then and not give them blankets or anything and them they would be in trouble...no reflection on his family and condolences to his family...but the man had violated his probation by drinking and beating his girlfriend...
I guess we can leave the investigation up to the MBI. Ohhhh, and are you saying the man derserved what happened to him because of his record?
bobsson

Corinth, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

There is no way that a person can be completly protected from them self. If they are going to hurt themself then they will find a way. He had a record and did do some very bad things to get put back in jail but he was facing basically life. He probably felt that there was no other way to go. I do not know but it is a terrible situation. No one can lay complete blame on anyone.
KB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

I was I jail in selmer awhile back for 3 days. I wanted to kill myself at the time. I actually had my shirt around my neck and around the bar on the window. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm sooo thankful now that I didn't. The charges were dropped and life is great. I thought I was going to prison for several years but it turned out a happy ending.
is what it is

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

Judged:

Tishimingo county jail is nothing but a joke, ran by theives and crooks of all kinds. It has always been that way and it will always be that way because the citizens of thishimingo county are too afraid of their elected officials to try to stop it. Tish county law men have always not only inforce the law, they make it as they go. Tish county is more corrupt then most mexican jails. The sheriff and every officier there are nothing but ligalized crooks. Tish county can burn in hell for all I care. And for all you cop loveing idiots out ther, no, never beeen in your jail. I hate your county so much that when I go to alabama I travel north through savanah tn, jusst to keep away from that corrupt place. This county should be investigated by the federal judstice department, not the state, as tish county seems to always come out smelling like a rose when the state gets involved, too many payoffs
Who said what?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

is what it is wrote:
Tishimingo county jail is nothing but a joke, ran by theives and crooks of all kinds. It has always been that way and it will always be that way because the citizens of thishimingo county are too afraid of their elected officials to try to stop it. Tish county law men have always not only inforce the law, they make it as they go. Tish county is more corrupt then most mexican jails. The sheriff and every officier there are nothing but ligalized crooks. Tish county can burn in hell for all I care. And for all you cop loveing idiots out ther, no, never beeen in your jail. I hate your county so much that when I go to alabama I travel north through savanah tn, jusst to keep away from that corrupt place. This county should be investigated by the federal judstice department, not the state, as tish county seems to always come out smelling like a rose when the state gets involved, too many payoffs
Maybe we like it just the way it is.
The only ones that bitch are the ones that are in trouble all the time.
Jojo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

"it is what it is " your a damn idot lol
Common man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

Good u go around the county. What is ur prob. If u dont come thru anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Iuka Forum right now

Search the Iuka Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) 1 hr researcher 1,966
pickwick pines resort. 1 hr Wondering 7
Pedaphiles (Jul '13) 4 hr animalkiller 23
hey (Dec '12) 5 hr animal 12
Misty Whithead 7 hr Meat man 2
Riverhills Bingo 8 hr Bingo 66 12
Lori leverenz 8 hr Gossip 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Iuka Jobs

•••