c'mon

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Why did TC go all the way to FL to play a game and get beat so bad when they can do it around here. The kids missed a whole day of school to go down there for what reason...to get the piss kicked out of em? C'mon!!
Parent

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

2 days of school. Well, technically 1 since they held them till 11:00 so they would be counted as present.

Haven't you heard? The Florida team paid for the entire trip! I've also got some swamp land for sale.
Dave

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Oh wow, they missed 1 and a half days of school, I'm sure that will set them back. It sounds like your jealous that the kids got to have a trip and have some fun and bonding experiences.
Parent

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Dave wrote:
Oh wow, they missed 1 and a half days of school, I'm sure that will set them back. It sounds like your jealous that the kids got to have a trip and have some fun and bonding experiences.
Dang it! You figured it out! My dastardly plan is now foiled. Who knew a psychic was lurking on Topix?!

Perhaps now, oh Great Seer, you can tell me how many fingers I'm holding up?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Parent wrote:
<quoted text>Dang it! You figured it out! My dastardly plan is now foiled. Who knew a psychic was lurking on Topix?!

Perhaps now, oh Great Seer, you can tell me how many fingers I'm holding up?
Don't think you need to be psychic to know that answer. Lol
Parent 2

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Dave wrote:
Do you know how attendance is counted at TCHS and do you know the importance of attendance? Here's you a link that might help: http://www.osa.state.ms.us/list.asp .

Do you know and understand what Title IX is and do you feel TCHS complies with Title IX?

Nothing against the kids that played, cheered or in any way participated, but why travel 400 miles to get your small-school butt kicked? Muscle Shoals, Tupelo, South Panola will do it any Friday night and cut travel by 75%.

Finally, why were the announcers selling the travel worthiness? I wish I could give you the exact quote that was said, but it was said our kids will never play at college so the whole trip gave them the opportunity to play in front of 4, 5 or 6 thousand people. From the final score and play-by-play over the radio, it reminds me of another bonding used by fellow brothers in ranger bats: Mutual suffering. You are right. That is some bonding there.
JJ Tempo

Mary Esther, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

[QUOTE who="c'mon"]Why did TC go all the way to FL to play a game and get beat so bad when they can do it around here. The kids missed a whole day of school to go down there for what reason...to get the piss kicked out of em? C'mon!![/QUOTE]
I was at this game and live in the Ft. Walton Beach area and used to live in Iuka. I was proud of seeing Tish. Co come to the area and really surprised by the number of fans they brought, the score was not good for Tish co. but I can tell you that Ft. Walton beach fans were impressed with the braves and I heard on the local radio station announcers saying what a 1st class the braves and fans were, not only did you represent Tishomingo County and Mississippi, you represent the Mid-South a job well done a lot of other teams wished they could of done that. Good luck in the future braves.
waterlogged

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

I think its crazy that they traveled all that way to play football..who do u suppose picked up the tab for that? I am guesssin that i helped since i am a taxpayer in tish county..? Since when does a high school football tem travel outside the state they reside in to play football?
Think before you speak

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

waterlogged wrote:
I think its crazy that they traveled all that way to play football..who do u suppose picked up the tab for that? I am guesssin that i helped since i am a taxpayer in tish county..? Since when does a high school football tem travel outside the state they reside in to play football?
Well since you obviously do not know, I will inform you who picked up the tab. The school in Florida payed for the whole trip. So the kids got a fun trip to Florida for free.. Is that so bad? Who cares if they lost. The Florida team was 6A, so our boys played pretty good considering.
Parent 2

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Think before you speak wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since you obviously do not know, I will inform you who picked up the tab. The school in Florida payed for the whole trip. So the kids got a fun trip to Florida for free.. Is that so bad? Who cares if they lost. The Florida team was 6A, so our boys played pretty good considering.
The bus, meals and lodging for the team, coaches, cheerleaders, band, etc. was ALL paid by the Florida team? Would you be willing to have an audit to prove that?
Joe Jones

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Some of the kids have never been anywhere but around Iuka. The life lessons learned from seeing other areas and the Gulf df Mexico were worth the trip. This is something they will always remember and even though they did not win, they are all winners from having participated. The school we played was first class and paid for our trip. Their band has national recognition and has won many Awards. If you think missing a few hours of class room studies is better than the lessons learned from this trip, a self evaluation is in order. Thanks to the coache,teachers and parents who made this happen. Go Braves
mmhmm

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Joe Jones wrote:
Some of the kids have never been anywhere but around Iuka. The life lessons learned from seeing other areas and the Gulf df Mexico were worth the trip. This is something they will always remember and even though they did not win, they are all winners from having participated. The school we played was first class and paid for our trip. Their band has national recognition and has won many Awards. If you think missing a few hours of class room studies is better than the lessons learned from this trip, a self evaluation is in order. Thanks to the coache,teachers and parents who made this happen. Go Braves
TOTALLY agree!!!! Thank you for standing up for the town and the kids!!!
Lacey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

I would much rather those kids go all the way to Florida to play a football game than half of them be stuck here in a small town with nothing to do and end up out on back roads drunk or on drugs. Its much better for them to go there than stay here and end up finding the wrong things to do like raising the teen pregnancy rate higher than what it already is. Obviously some of you people aren't aware of what limited activities there are around here for those kids. And who cares who paid for it just so long as they had fun that's all that really matters. Money is not everything and if some people worried about the kids as much as they did about their money then maybe all of our children would be better off. And saying sorry things about those kids is just wrong. They are all still children and even if they lost they still tried hard and should have everyones support. At least they didn't give up. You should be ashamed for being so small minded and petty.
waterlogged

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Well i am all for life experiences for any child..its just that i have never heard of a school in ms playin a school in florida..in my opinion its a little strange and i question why a school that far away would want to play a smal school from a town in mississippi and pay for the whole trip..kinda strange but thats just my opionion and like everyone else on this forum i am entiltled to that opinion whether its right or wrong..have a great day and god bless
JJ Tempo

Mary Esther, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

I have a feeling that both schools had a open date and who knows with internet and other connections the game was set. I remember years ago schools would cross state lines but usually not much more that 100mi. These long trips are fairly common now for a lot of teams for maybe one game a year, I think this was one of the coolest thing for Tish. Co. Good luck!
Resident

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

There have been a couple of post that mentioned an audit or something. Why not just release a statement from the SoE or principal to make it official that the trip cost TCHS nothing?
As far as the nameless, unofficial post saying it cost TCHS nothing, ALL the teachers I personally know don't believe or say that. One pointed out that maybe the school in Florida would be willing to purchase her some classroom supplies so she wouldn't have to.

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

This is so petty! The kids went and had a good time. What's wrong with that?!
Parent

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

[QUOTE who="..."]This is so petty! The kids went and had a good time. What's wrong with that?![/QUOTE]

Explain to the band why they couldn't go.
Explain to the cross country members why they are wearing uniforms that are several years old.
Explain why the soccer teams are just getting a practice field seven years late and still no way to keep balls from going into the highway.
Explain the "petty" things to TCHS athletes. You know, athletes just like the football team. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it.
please

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

1) the band was invited and director chose not to go.
2) call the school and ask the principal or the superintendent's office about how much the trip cost.
3) really consider that you are on here talking bad about a good opportunity for our kids in Tishomingo County.
4) call the band booster president and ask how much money they have raised for the band. Call the football group and ask how much they have raised for the team. Same thing with cheerleaders.(I think you will see that the parents complaining are the ones NOT out there raising money for their group)
5) really consider if you would rather your tax money go to the school kids for a trip or for someone to sit on their tail all day and not work and not raise their kids.(If the school really did pay anything)
6) realize that the band and cheerleaders go to several competitions each year. The previous band director several years ago, took the band to Georgia for a competition that the students and the band boosters paid for. The cheerleaders and football players did not go and did not complain.
7) if you are so torn up that some teachers have to buy supplies, go give them some money.

I am so tired of hearing these complaints for a good opportunity. You people are on here talking bad about the football team, acting like people don't treat the band equally, and making a fuss over who paid for the trip. Why would you bad mouth the team? Why would you even act like the band isn't treated fairly whenever they are applauded at every game, every parade, concerts, and graduation? That is ridiculous!!!! And who cares if the county even did put forth a few bucks? They put forth money for the other groups, too. Find something more important to focus on. Like the upcoming election, the state of the union, or something else that will really matter in a couple of months.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

please wrote:
1) the band was invited and director chose not to go.
2) call the school and ask the principal or the superintendent's office about how much the trip cost.
3) really consider that you are on here talking bad about a good opportunity for our kids in Tishomingo County.
4) call the band booster president and ask how much money they have raised for the band. Call the football group and ask how much they have raised for the team. Same thing with cheerleaders.(I think you will see that the parents complaining are the ones NOT out there raising money for their group)
5) really consider if you would rather your tax money go to the school kids for a trip or for someone to sit on their tail all day and not work and not raise their kids.(If the school really did pay anything)
6) realize that the band and cheerleaders go to several competitions each year. The previous band director several years ago, took the band to Georgia for a competition that the students and the band boosters paid for. The cheerleaders and football players did not go and did not complain.
7) if you are so torn up that some teachers have to buy supplies, go give them some money.

I am so tired of hearing these complaints for a good opportunity. You people are on here talking bad about the football team, acting like people don't treat the band equally, and making a fuss over who paid for the trip. Why would you bad mouth the team? Why would you even act like the band isn't treated fairly whenever they are applauded at every game, every parade, concerts, and graduation? That is ridiculous!!!! And who cares if the county even did put forth a few bucks? They put forth money for the other groups, too. Find something more important to focus on. Like the upcoming election, the state of the union, or something else that will really matter in a couple of months.
Just tell me how was it a good opportunity. To go down there. Someone else said it was the opportunity of a lifetime. That's bull crap. Someone wanted a trip to Florida the coaches the The football boosters somebody. I don't care who paid for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Iuka Forum right now

Search the Iuka Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
hiring 22 min wondering 3
Lori leverenz 3 hr joe 11
Rent 16 hr Guest 1
Hanna Hudson 18 hr Lovely 1
mcdonalds slow (May '13) Mon Load Of Crap 16
Glenn Whitlock on CNN app Sun Tuesday Mash 8
looking for 4-5 bedroom house to rent in iuka Sun nikki 1
•••
•••