House bill to put dot under inplied c...

House bill to put dot under inplied consent

Posted in the Iuka Forum

Just a citizen

United States

#1 Feb 7, 2013
There was a house bill #941 that died in legislation this week. It would have put dot officers under implied consent and made it a whole lot easier to do their job. The way it is now if they stop and commercial vehicle or a personal vehicle( and yes they can pull you over and write you a ticket) that is under the influence they have to wait for the nearest trooper or local officer and who knows what the are doing or how long it will take. The state has put money into training these guys but won't give them the resources they need. It may shock some people but there are divers that come into the weigh station drunk and instead of handling it themselves the dot has to call someone else. Well while that trooper is tied up or that PD officer they are not out patrolling and that means longer resposnse times to calls. It is such a simple thing. The state whines all the time because they don't have enough troopers on the road.
Just a citizen

United States

#2 Feb 7, 2013
I will just go a head say I am a dot officer and I know we catch a lot of crap. So I will just through a few facts out there. We are no different than the Highway patrol or the state game and fish. We are all state law enforcement officers we just simply have different jobs to do. MS has always insisted on being the last in most things and law enforcement is one of them. Why have so many state agencies with different expenses for each like buildings and directors. Look at Alaska for example they like several other states have the Alaska state troopers. In which they have officers that do commercial vehicles, game and fish, and traffic. But just like a trooper can write a 18 wheeler for speeding I can write a personal vehicle for running a stop sign. People ask me all the time if I can write the a speeding ticket and the answer is yes. I can write it with radar because the state won't let us run it but when I am running 70mph and some one passes me and I pace them running 80 guess what my car says law enforcement. If it is against the law in MS I have the ability to enforce it no matter what you are driving. We just don't generally stop personal cars because that's not our job. And the troopers already make about 10 grand more that we do a year and that's just a number may be more or less. But the troopers that inspect commercial vehicles that's all they do just inspections. We do inspections size weight and load permits and several other things yet make way less.
Just a citizen

United States

#3 Feb 7, 2013
I guess my reasoning for posting all of this is because I want the public to know. That we are out here trying our best to keep the roads of MS safe. When we write an overweight it isn't because we are trying to take money away from that driving it is because we want trucks to run legal. Just like when you get a ticket for speeding its becuase we want you to slow down. Weather DOT, MHP or game and fish we do what we do because we love this state and we want to keep the people in it safe. I encourage you to call someone and ask why congress said we had no need to be able to do DUIs. The state is paying for us to be out here enforcing the laws so why not let us enforce them all. How is it not common sense that its a waste of time and money to call a trooper to stop what he is doing and handle a DUI for us. If we stop a truck or a personal care that is under the influence we should be able to handle it am I not right.
?

United States

#4 Feb 8, 2013
We already have too much Government. Too many "Bills" passed already. I do see your point though. And it makes reasonable sense. But where does Government stop ? Apparently it doesn't.
You pay State and Federal taxes on what you earn, then your also taxed on the same money when you spend it.
And our Government is still broke !
Maybe all officers patrol cars should delete the air conditioning to help save fuel. I bet that "Bill" would easily get passed.
Don't "SuperSize" your job. It's not wanted.
HaHa

United States

#5 Feb 8, 2013
[QUOTE who="?"]We already have too much Government. Too many "Bills" passed already. I do see your point though. And it makes reasonable sense. But where does Government stop ? Apparently it doesn't.
You pay State and Federal taxes on what you earn, then your also taxed on the same money when you spend it.
And our Government is still broke !
Maybe all officers patrol cars should delete the air conditioning to help save fuel. I bet that "Bill would easily get passed.
Don't "SuperSize" your job. It's not wanted.[/QUOTE]
That's right MS is broke so more DUIs mean more money.

Since: Feb 12

United States

#6 Feb 8, 2013
I support you taking care of DUIs...it keeps you off us truckers back:)

PS...why don't we have a PrePass at the Iuka scale? I hate having to pull in there on my way home.
HaHa

United States

#7 Feb 8, 2013
WRIGHTRACING wrote:
I support you taking care of DUIs...it keeps you off us truckers back:)
PS...why don't we have a PrePass at the Iuka scale? I hate having to pull in there on my way home.
We are getting a service called drivewyze it is like prepass you can google it a learn about it.
trucker

United States

#8 Feb 8, 2013
HaHa wrote:
[QUOTE who="?"]We already have too much Government. Too many "Bills" passed already. I do see your point though. And it makes reasonable sense. But where does Government stop ? Apparently it doesn't.
You pay State and Federal taxes on what you earn, then your also taxed on the same money when you spend it.
And our Government is still broke !
Maybe all officers patrol cars should delete the air conditioning to help save fuel. I bet that "Bill would easily get passed.
Don't "SuperSize" your job. It's not wanted. "

That's right MS is broke so more DUIs mean more money.
Boooo hooooo!!!!! Cry me a river.
trucker

United States

#9 Feb 8, 2013
Now that I know this I'm gonna stop and get me a six pack! You can't do anything you cry baby guard shack wanna be cop. Wah Wah Wah!! Haha
Another trucker

United States

#10 Feb 8, 2013
trucker wrote:
Now that I know this I'm gonna stop and get me a six pack! You can't do anything you cry baby guard shack wanna be cop. Wah Wah Wah!! Haha
Does this mean we can drink beer while we get inspected?

Since: Feb 12

United States

#11 Feb 8, 2013
HaHa wrote:
<quoted text>
We are getting a service called drivewyze it is like prepass you can google it a learn about it.
Why would we want something "like" PrePass? Prepass works, and it's nationwide. They already bought out NorPass, and PrePass works there. So will we have to wait until PrePass buys out Drivewyze too? Just keep it simple, and use what's common.
Trucker

United States

#12 Feb 10, 2013
trucker wrote:
Now that I know this I'm gonna stop and get me a six pack! You can't do anything you cry baby guard shack wanna be cop. Wah Wah Wah!! Haha


I know them guys at the scales. It's hard to say they are wanna be cops when they have probably made more arrests for drugs and alcohol than most of the Officers and deputies around here. Heard the got a big bust down around tupelo couple weeks ago something like $640,000. I hate getting inspected but I respect them and what they do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iuka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Soot blowing from the old radio station 3 hr AgreeCleanUp 3
Drug Heads 12 hr Jamie 2
size 20 hr Curious 14
Hannah day Thu Class 2014 3
Haley Hamby (Sparks) Thu Beachbum4life 3
Marines Wed okimar 2
whats she like? Wed ShowinOut 2

Iuka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Iuka Mortgages