R.I.P. Lewis Nordan

R.I.P. Lewis Nordan

There are 1 comment on the StarNewsOnline.com story from Apr 18, 2012, titled R.I.P. Lewis Nordan. In it, StarNewsOnline.com reports that:

Clyde Edgerton sent in the alert that Mississippi writer Lewis "Buddy" Nordan had died on April 13 -A too soon really, at the age of 72, from what The New York Times described as complications from pneumonia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at StarNewsOnline.com.

chuckw031

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Apr 19, 2012
Dr Lewis Nordan seduced me and others into Pitt MFA via his readings at Hemingways Cafe. Few masters could read like Buddy and his stories will not go gentle into our good night. He was a generous and good-hearted teacher. He could quote Shakespeare and Flannery O'Connor at length. He could teach modern fiction, Writer To Writer. He taught us how to read like a writer. His lecture on Julia Alvarez made her mandatory reading for every listener. His remarks on Faulkner went to the heart of the master. How do you acknowledge a busy master from across campus? I took my cue from Garcia Marquez when he saw Hemingway in Paris across the Champs Elysee and he hollered out one word and that word was ''Maestro."
Chcuk White
Kevin Monroe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Itta Bena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our Opinion: Tupelo training center fills law e... 2 hr Tax Burden 2
Earn Money Online. (May '14) Apr 20 Girl 9
Make quick money Apr 1 Misscrys87 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Mississipp... (Oct '10) Apr '15 Abe Lincon 60
News Industrial park strategies geared toward prospects (Nov '13) Nov '13 Own 1
Cash Parking, Passive Income (May '11) Dec '12 Online Business c... 2
News Mark Stowers: Friday Mornin' Vittles from the B... (Sep '12) Sep '12 bjschlater 1

Itta Bena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Itta Bena Mortgages